Benry
djoe26
Sina
Jay29
Iceman
60 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 20 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:There is a new man on Arsene Wenger’s list of French striker’s that are keen to move to the Emirates. The St. Etienne hitman Emmanuel Riviere has been likened to the Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, and he would love to follow in his footsteps by joining the Gunners.

According to the Mail, Riviere has also been linked with Kenny Dalglish’s Liverpool, but it looks like he would prefer to go to The Emirates than Anfield. He said: “I am flattered to be linked with the clubs mentioned. I am a young player, so to be linked with Arsenal is fantastic for me.

http://justarsenal.com/

All I know about this guy is that he's a pretty fast and strong and is similar to Jimmy Briand. Someone who's actually seen him play would know better, though.

I'd prefer a more experienced striker to be backup to van Persie, personally. But if he has even a bit of the talent Henry had, then maybe he'd be a decent acquisition.

Raptorgunner wrote:Everybody thought it was certain that the Newcastle left-back Luis Enrique was set to join Kenny Dalglish at Anfield, but suddenly the news has come in that Liverpool have now made a £5m bid for the Arsenal left-back Gael Clichy.

So suddenly Liverpool have given up on Enrique, and the Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could be in desperate need of a top class left-back to replace Clichy, with just the injury-prone Kieran Gibbs as back-up.

Well Sky Sports reports today that both Liverpool and Arsenal are tracking Enrique. In fact their exact words were: “Speculation is rife the left-back could leave St James’ Park, with Liverpool and Arsenal thought to be interested in the Spanish star.”

http://justarsenal.com/

To add to this, Jose Enrique is also in the final year of his contract. So if Clichy does go to Liverpool, we should be able to sign him relatively cheaply.

Mike Ashley apparently is demmanding £12,000,000 for him, but many sources are saying we've bit £8,000,000 and that it's been accepted. Honestly, I'd pay £12,000,000 for him if it meant getting in a decent replacement for Clichy. But that's just me.

The plus side to this situation is that, whether Clichy stays or not, we'll probably end up with a good left back for next season.

Jamin wrote:Also I've been hearing on twitter that Moussa Sow has been spotted in the Emirates and that rumours of Gervinho to Arsenal could be smokescreen for moves for E.Hazard & M.Sow from Lille OSC.

Interesting development, though one I find hard to believe given the amount of reports claiming Gervinho signing for Arsenal is almost a done deal.

If we get Hazard instead, then great. If not, and we get Gervinho as expected, then that's also good. Not entirely sure on Sow though. As far as I'm aware last season was his best and that he'd never been that prolific a goalscorer before then. Could jsut be a one-season wonder.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 20 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Jamin wrote:Also I've been hearing on twitter that Moussa Sow has been spotted in the Emirates and that rumours of Gervinho to Arsenal could be smokescreen for moves for E.Hazard & M.Sow from Lille OSC.

Moussa sow would be a great signing, great striker.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:26 pm

If Clichy wants a new challenge then Why would he go to Liverpool ?!

Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Spider wrote:If Clichy wants a new challenge then Why would he go to Liverpool ?!

Because Liverpool would be a new challenge, regardless of how they've fallen from grace recently. Right now they're investing in players and seriously rebuilding a squad that could compete for major honours. Clichy may want to be a part of a fresh, new project that's may actually go somewhere instead of the stagnated project at Arsenal.

"New challenge" doesn't always mean "team who wins trophies".

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Spider wrote:If Clichy wants a new challenge then Why would he go to Liverpool ?!

Because Liverpool would be a new challenge, regardless of how they've fallen from grace recently. Right now they're investing in players and seriously rebuilding a squad that could compete for major honours. Clichy may want to be a part of a fresh, new project that's may actually go somewhere instead of the stagnated project at Arsenal.

hmmm true , But whats bugging me is that this new challenge will be as same as Arsenal's but with different players , if i were him i would consider a move away from the EBL .

Isn't mourinho wanted him last season
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 am

Rumourville is popping off right now. Smoke screens, the lot!

Moussa Sow, Riviere, Gervinho, Matuidi, Samba, Enrique and Hazard...We'll sign three of those players..

SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:32 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:Rumourville is popping off right now. Smoke screens, the lot!

Moussa Sow, Riviere, Gervinho, Matuidi, Samba, Enrique and Hazard...We'll sign three of those players..

Probably those three, if recent speculation is anything to go by.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 am

We need to STOP talking about players, and actually BUY them
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:41 am

Spider wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

hmmm true , But whats bugging me is that this new challenge will be as same as Arsenal's but with different players , if i were him i would consider a move away from the EBL .

Honestly though, from a neutral persprective, what Liverpool have got going on would appeal to a fair amount of EPL players. I know extortionate purchases doesn't exactly guarantee success, but under Dalglish, Liverpool seem to have found a new lease of life. Let's take a look at a hypotehtical starting 11;

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Carragher Clichy

Henderson Lucas Merieless

Gerrard

Carrol Suarez

If they could buy another CB and a LW then they could be a real threat. Buy back to my point, you know Clichy is genuine when he doesnt mind playing Europa League and being in a real dog fight for 4th spot.

SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:44 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:

If that were the case and we also lost Nasri and Cesc, would you be confident going into 2011/2012?
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:48 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

If that were the case and we also lost Nasri and Cesc, would you be confident going into 2011/2012?

A little bit. We'd have hopefully solved one problem at the back with the additional height, but there'd be new problems else where. Gervinho could maybe replace Nasri, but there's a big question over who can replace Fabregas.

Ultimately, it's a case of sitting on the fence for me.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:18 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Personally, no, not at all
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:57 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
Spider wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Honestly though, from a neutral persprective, what Liverpool have got going on would appeal to a fair amount of EPL players. I know extortionate purchases doesn't exactly guarantee success, but under Dalglish, Liverpool seem to have found a new lease of life. Let's take a look at a hypotehtical starting 11;

Reina

Gerrard

Carrol Suarez

If they could buy another CB and a LW then they could be a real threat. Buy back to my point, you know Clichy is genuine when he doesnt mind playing Europa League and being in a real dog fight for 4th spot.

Henderson wont be a starter for us . We will sign sign someone like Mata for left wing . There were apparently talks with his agent and Valencia before he went to Euros U-21 . Probably will reignite his talks once he returns from the tournament .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:56 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:
Spider wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Reina

Gerrard

Carrol Suarez

Henderson wont be a starter for us . We will sign sign someone like Mata for left wing . There were apparently talks with his agent and Valencia before he went to Euros U-21 . Probably will reignite his talks once he returns from the tournament .

Mata?? Oh man.. Come on Wenger, get that Hazard deal done!! I love the whole smokescreen conspiracy theory.. But realistically, we would like it if we got M'Villa, Sakho/Vertonghen, Hazard, Benzema.. And it looks like we will get Gervinho and Samba..Not entirely pleasing.. I agree with RG that Ivan Gazidis's statements seem to signify more signings, but not all big money players..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:23 am

News:
Lille have confirmed that they are set to hold talks with Arsenal over Gervinho...more to follow

source: skysports.com
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:08 am

Lille have confirmed that they are set to hold talks with Arsenal over Gervinho.

The French champions revealed earlier this week that they would refuse to sell the Ivorian star to another Ligue 1 club, ruling out a move to Paris St Germain, who had made contact.

But England has always been Gervinho's preferred destination and Arsenal have long been favourites to land him ahead of the likes of Newcastle, Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Lille's general manager Frederic Paquet has now confirmed they are set to hold talks with Arsenal, who have made contact.

"He actually wants to go," Paquet admitted to RMC.

"We have developed contacts with Arsenal. We will soon discuss with them to see what they want.

"He expressed his desire to leave for England so we'll see what will happen.

"Gervinho chose to leave for England, so that limits the scope of the situation.

"We will meet soon with Arsenal, see what they offer - but he is a player of value."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6988950,00.html
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:49 am

So that pretty much confirms that Gervinho will be an Arsenal player. We have to be careful with RVP this season and maybe rotate between Chamakh, Gervinho and RVP due to ACN. Maybe Wenger will loan a striker in January to cover, (maybe Thierry Very Happy?) but our forward line looks impressive.
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ahsanasif Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Twitter:

@FourFourTom: According to some sources Real Madrid have almost clinched the signing of Brazilian wonderkid Neymar from under #CFC's noses!

Been hearing about this for some time now. Does this mean Benz is set to arrive at the Emirates?

EDIT: This has been substantiated by Skysport Italia.
ahsanasif
ahsanasif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:36 pm

ahsanasif wrote:Twitter:

@FourFourTom: According to some sources Real Madrid have almost clinched the signing of Brazilian wonderkid Neymar from under #CFC's noses!

Been hearing about this for some time now. Does this mean Benz is set to arrive at the Emirates?

well i saw that on sky sports too.. lets hope its true so we can get benz..
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ahsanasif Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:40 pm

I think it is. New reports suggest that the deal is for between 30-35m.
ahsanasif
ahsanasif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Wenger should go for another Striker cause in Jan we will end up with Rvp , Vela and walcott !! and of course Rvp and walcott both will be injured by this time sooooo Vela will lead the forward line by himself in the most crucial part of the season Shocked affraid

Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:45 pm

ahsanasif wrote:Twitter:

+ Ozil said that Madrid have reserved the number 10 shirt for Aguero Suspect
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ahsanasif Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 pm

An attacking line up of Higuain, CR7 and Aguero and Neymar. Unbelievably strong. Shocked
ahsanasif
ahsanasif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 pm

So Madrid can either buy Robinho 2.0 for €35m or Aguero for €45m...hmmm

Either way, Benzema, imo, would be a welcomed addition. Not to mention he won't go to the CAN with Algeria...because he plays for France Very Happy
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ahsanasif Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Even if we do get Gervinho, Hazard, Benz and Samba, our summer will be incomplete without a back up DM.
ahsanasif
ahsanasif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:58 pm

ahsanasif wrote:Even if we do get Gervinho, Hazard, Benz and Samba, our summer will be incomplete without a back up DM.

Well if we didn't get any Dm Then imo Wenger should use Djourou as a Dm if anything happen to song

Sagna Samba Vermalen Clichy

Wilshere Djourou

Imagine playing like this against teams like Stock , Chelsea ..
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next