Benry
djoe26
Sina
Jay29
Iceman
60 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 am

A host of Premier League sides are reported to be chasing Swedish defender Alexander Milosevic. The likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Sunderland are all thought to be tracking the full-back. (Source: Skysports.com)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 19 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:25 pm

I really don't know where to begin with our search for a new CB. Although some CB have name appeal, I'm not particularly keen on them. £17m for Cahill doesn't seem like a lot on the grand scheme of things, but I'd rather a more bullish CB who actually looks imposing. That's not to say Cahill isn't but I get the impression team turn up at The Emirates, look at our starting 11 and actually believe they have a chance.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Arsenal has finally concluded the ongoing rumors with Christopher Samba. The Congo International has finally admitted to join Arsenal within this week. Arsenal who had offered £10 millions before would spend more to lure this center back into the club. The transaction fee will however remain undisclosed.

Lambert, the Blackburn Star's agent revealed, "Samba wanted to leave the Club a year ago but we had backed him to stay at the club and play. But, not this time, he has already spent 5 years at Blackburn and now he wants to play for big clubs and win some trophies. Arsenal was one of the several clubs attracted to Samba and they wanted to sign him on January but then the club had a meeting and stopped him from moving."

Samba who had arrived North London on 11 June has finally completed his deal with Arsenal today. "The official contract would however be finalized by Sunday. It is a great day for Samba because he has finally assured a place in a high profiled club like Arsenal." , says his agents Lambert and Wiltgen.

Despites Arsene Wenger failing to sign Samba's club mate Phil Jones, he does not want to fail again. Although, he was linked with Wenger from the previous transfer season, he had not got chance to make a open meeting with Wenger. This meeting has informally completed the gap between Arsenal and Samba.

Samba told, "I was a privilege to play alongside Phil Jones. He has a great prospect for the future and I hope to play against him in big matches."

It would be a great match when Arsenal will face Manchester United as these two club mates will face each other as rivals.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Arséne Wenger on Lens' Räphael Varane: "He's a very gifted player. He's also comfortable on the ball and has real vision."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 pm

lol i'll try to play with samba in PES and see how good is he Razz
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arséne Wenger on Lens' Räphael Varane: "He's a very gifted player. He's also comfortable on the ball and has real vision."

Wenger keeps commenting on players.. He has also raved about how highly gifted Hazard is.. However, we still don't get to see him sign these players..

On a side note, I read that ManUtd are looking to snap up Varane.. Yay! Neutral

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:44 pm

I think Wegner comments on some of these players at times just to try and throw people off...
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 pm

So it sounds like we'll definately sign Samba and Gervinho.?!. :/

i have my doubts about those two Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Yes.. Typical Wenger? Fans ask for Sakho and Hazard.. Wenger find some cheaper alternatives.. I am not too excited about either of these signings to be honest.. I'm going to pray for something more substantial.. And when are we going to get rid of Bendtner, Denilson and Blondie?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by ahsanasif Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Samba I can take but I definitely, definitely want Hazard in my team.
ahsanasif
ahsanasif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:48 pm

jayp wrote:I think Wegner comments on some of these players at times just to try and throw people off...

I thought the same thing. But in what context are you saying it in?
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:14 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
jayp wrote:I think Wegner comments on some of these players at times just to try and throw people off...

Well just that he rarely comments on rumoured players that he is genuinely trying to sign. On one hand he's always looking for a bargain or tries to sign players at a price as close to what he himself values them and also with the more speculation surrounding a player signing to Arsenal there is always the chance of another club trying to hijack the deal and making bids which will potentially raise their price tag.
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:26 pm

jayp wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:

Well just that he rarely comments on rumoured players that he is genuinely trying to sign. On one hand he's always looking for a bargain or tries to sign players at a price as close to what he himself values them and also with the more speculation surrounding a player signing to Arsenal there is always the chance of another club trying to hijack the deal and making bids which will potentially raise their price tag.

a la Shitty. No

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:00 pm

This is my first post in the new forums. Thanks to the guys who set it up for us to stay together and continue discussing everything related to arsenal.

NOw to the transfers. Looks like we signed Samba. NOt that bad. He is definitely physical and as he used to play for blackburn will be defensively more astute then some of our current CBs.
Plus given a lack of quality CBs around whose prices are inflated this could be a good signing especially in physical matches although i do understand that signing him will not magically remove arsenal's collective defensive fragility to set pieces.
However i think a big name signing is required both to show our intent and assure players like fabregas that we mean business this year.
I would much prefer hazard over gervinho.And as for a DM instead o mautidi we should try to sign alou diarra. He is a pretty good DM.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Ivan Gazidis hopes Arsenal’s fall-away at the end of last season will be addressed by a busy summer in the transfer market.

Speaking at a Q&A with the Arsenal Supporters Trust on Monday evening, the Chief Executive said he shared a “profound disappointment” with the fans over the team’s tail-off late last term however he was quick to point out that the campaign should not be labelled as a “disaster”.

Mr Gazidis added he was painfully aware of the prevailing mood and hoped that freshening up the squad would bring reward in 2011/12.

“Coming off the end of the season, I share with you a sense of profound disappointment,” he said. “We had a season that promised a great deal and looked like it could turn into a very special one but in the end a familiar story began to tell itself. I understand the feelings that we all felt.

“It is very clear we had some shortcomings and in this close season we are going to see some turnover of players. Some new signings will be coming in and some of our existing squad will be going out. As Arsène has said, it will be a busy close season for the Club.

“But also it is important to recognise that it has not been a disaster. We have a young squad and we don’t want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. The trick will be identify which parts to keep and which parts to turnover. And we will do that within our financial capabilities.”

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Jamin wrote:Arsenal has finally concluded the ongoing rumors with Christopher Samba. The Congo International has finally admitted to join Arsenal within this week. Arsenal who had offered £10 millions before would spend more to lure this center back into the club. The transaction fee will however remain undisclosed.

Lambert, the Blackburn Star's agent revealed, "Samba wanted to leave the Club a year ago but we had backed him to stay at the club and play. But, not this time, he has already spent 5 years at Blackburn and now he wants to play for big clubs and win some trophies. Arsenal was one of the several clubs attracted to Samba and they wanted to sign him on January but then the club had a meeting and stopped him from moving."

Samba who had arrived North London on 11 June has finally completed his deal with Arsenal today. "The official contract would however be finalized by Sunday. It is a great day for Samba because he has finally assured a place in a high profiled club like Arsenal." , says his agents Lambert and Wiltgen.

Despites Arsene Wenger failing to sign Samba's club mate Phil Jones, he does not want to fail again. Although, he was linked with Wenger from the previous transfer season, he had not got chance to make a open meeting with Wenger. This meeting has informally completed the gap between Arsenal and Samba.

Samba told, "I was a privilege to play alongside Phil Jones. He has a great prospect for the future and I hope to play against him in big matches."

It would be a great match when Arsenal will face Manchester United as these two club mates will face each other as rivals.

What's the source for this? I know there's been some strong rumours that the deal is on the verge of completion, but I'd still like to see who is reporting this.

I've stated many times that I admire Samba and would like him at the club, so I won't go into that. I know this signing is going to divide opinion and isn't going to sate the fans' desire for big names; the irony of this is being that when they say they want big names, they mention players like Sakho, Vertonghen and Cahill.

Hopefully we can get Samba and Gervinho in by the end of the week and hopefully Nasri will sign a new deal. Would be a pretty good week if that happened.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:56 pm

hmm from what i read on twitter, he was a bit cautious over the questions. He did say things will change sligthly on the pitch and mistakes of the past wont be repeated again or something

but from the above quotation, what i can make of it is that expect 5 signings but dont expect World class ones
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 pm

@GoonerJay
http://arsenalregime.blogspot.com/2011/06/arsenal-finally-getting-into-blackburn.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FjPbqj+%28Arsenal+Fan+Club%29

i dont know whether this is a reliable source or not really. But the quotes from his agents made me interested.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:37 pm

El_Gunner wrote:So it sounds like we'll definitely sign Samba and Gervinho.?!. :/

i have my doubts about those two Sad
You should not have any doubts really, they both would be a great edition to our squad if Cesc and Nasri stay. We can challenge for trophies, all we need is a striker and we should be fine.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Still waiting for that DM we've needed for the last 3 years.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:43 pm

the_gooner wrote:Still waiting for that DM we've needed for the last 3 years.
We need to get ride of Denlison first.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Jamin wrote:@GoonerJay
http://arsenalregime.blogspot.com/2011/06/arsenal-finally-getting-into-blackburn.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FjPbqj+%28Arsenal+Fan+Club%29

i dont know whether this is a reliable source or not really. But the quotes from his agents made me interested.

That's what made me interested as well. I'm even more interested in where he got the agent quotes from.

We'll have to wait and see what happens.

the_gooner wrote:Still waiting for that DM we've needed for the last 3 years.

We've been linked with Blaise Matuidi recently, who you may recall we were heavily linked with in the 08/09 season. St. Etinne apparently want £13,000,000 or somethig like that. PSG are also interested, supposedly.

I guess the lack of defensive midfielders being linked with us suggest that the media don't see it as much of an issue as the Arsenal fans. Central defence, the wings and up front are the most talked about positions at the moment.

Wenger does see Denilson as his backup holding player and there probably won't be any movement on this front until he leaves.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:12 pm

There is a new man on Arsene Wenger’s list of French striker’s that are keen to move to the Emirates. The St. Etienne hitman Emmanuel Riviere has been likened to the Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, and he would love to follow in his footsteps by joining the Gunners.

According to the Mail, Riviere has also been linked with Kenny Dalglish’s Liverpool, but it looks like he would prefer to go to The Emirates than Anfield. He said: “I am flattered to be linked with the clubs mentioned. I am a young player, so to be linked with Arsenal is fantastic for me.

http://justarsenal.com/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Everybody thought it was certain that the Newcastle left-back Luis Enrique was set to join Kenny Dalglish at Anfield, but suddenly the news has come in that Liverpool have now made a £5m bid for the Arsenal left-back Gael Clichy.

So suddenly Liverpool have given up on Enrique, and the Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could be in desperate need of a top class left-back to replace Clichy, with just the injury-prone Kieran Gibbs as back-up.

Well Sky Sports reports today that both Liverpool and Arsenal are tracking Enrique. In fact their exact words were: “Speculation is rife the left-back could leave St James’ Park, with Liverpool and Arsenal thought to be interested in the Spanish star.”

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Also I've been hearing on twitter that Moussa Sow has been spotted in the Emirates and that rumours of Gervinho to Arsenal could be smokescreen for moves for E.Hazard & M.Sow from Lille OSC.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:There is a new man on Arsene Wenger’s list of French striker’s that are keen to move to the Emirates. The St. Etienne hitman Emmanuel Riviere has been likened to the Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, and he would love to follow in his footsteps by joining the Gunners.

According to the Mail, Riviere has also been linked with Kenny Dalglish’s Liverpool, but it looks like he would prefer to go to The Emirates than Anfield. He said: “I am flattered to be linked with the clubs mentioned. I am a young player, so to be linked with Arsenal is fantastic for me.

All I know about this guy is that he's a pretty fast and strong and is similar to Jimmy Briand. Someone who's actually seen him play would know better, though.

I'd prefer a more experienced striker to be backup to van Persie, personally. But if he has even a bit of the talent Henry had, then maybe he'd be a decent acquisition.

Raptorgunner wrote:Everybody thought it was certain that the Newcastle left-back Luis Enrique was set to join Kenny Dalglish at Anfield, but suddenly the news has come in that Liverpool have now made a £5m bid for the Arsenal left-back Gael Clichy.

So suddenly Liverpool have given up on Enrique, and the Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could be in desperate need of a top class left-back to replace Clichy, with just the injury-prone Kieran Gibbs as back-up.

Well Sky Sports reports today that both Liverpool and Arsenal are tracking Enrique. In fact their exact words were: “Speculation is rife the left-back could leave St James’ Park, with Liverpool and Arsenal thought to be interested in the Spanish star.”

To add to this, Jose Enrique is also in the final year of his contract. So if Clichy does go to Liverpool, we should be able to sign him relatively cheaply.

Mike Ashley apparently is demmanding £12,000,000 for him, but many sources are saying we've bit £8,000,000 and that it's been accepted. Honestly, I'd pay £12,000,000 for him if it meant getting in a decent replacement for Clichy. But that's just me.

The plus side to this situation is that, whether Clichy stays or not, we'll probably end up with a good left back for next season.

Jamin wrote:Also I've been hearing on twitter that Moussa Sow has been spotted in the Emirates and that rumours of Gervinho to Arsenal could be smokescreen for moves for E.Hazard & M.Sow from Lille OSC.

Interesting development, though one I find hard to believe given the amount of reports claiming Gervinho signing for Arsenal is almost a done deal.

If we get Hazard instead, then great. If not, and we get Gervinho as expected, then that's also good. Not entirely sure on Sow though. As far as I'm aware last season was his best and that he'd never been that prolific a goalscorer before then. Could jsut be a one-season wonder.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next