Zagadka
Pedram
Myesyats
iftikhar
Robespierre
39 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:25 pm

Yes, but what you said remains bs

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:32 pm

Warrior wrote:Yes, but what you said remains bs

Ok,

Lets see how BS the rest is Smile

Up there in Canada you guys have the Raptors and the Maple leafs in the same arena in Ontario on Bay street.

How much is a single beer in the arena? I know in the LCBO up the road you can get a regular lager 16 fl oz for less than 4 canadian dollars. Are you submitting that you can get the same at the same price point within the arena? hmm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:33 pm

Dude i don't give 2 shits about that Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:46 pm

Warrior wrote:Dude i don't give 2 shits about that Laughing

I mean its either true or not lol. You and I both know they charge the people who went(before COVID19) to those events almost 20 dollars for the same thing you could get up the street for a 5th of the price, and banned people from bringing in the cheaper option. Laughing Laughing

I mean we are 2/2 for things not being BS and the remaining factor being gameday experience, which is infinitely better if the focus is the sport or concert and not socializing, which will also show up not being BS too. I mean...its objective fact and I say this as someone who is a current Atlanta Braves season ticket holder, and was an Atlanta Hawks season ticket holder for 4 years. Its a better experience over air. People will have to revert for that until at least 2022. Most wont go back either, same way most wont go back into the office after working from home effectively for so long.

This is going to be a fundamental change in how we live forever after this.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:12 am

What are you even talking about ? I said your dramatic rants about "everything will change" which you present as facts are bs...

...and i get several paragraphs about the price of a beer in stadium, then you pretend it's not even a good experience, but you own season tickets scratch

Things will go back to normal gradually, and i see no reason why people would change their habits, especially on long term once the virus is not a threat anymore. Societies will be better prepared in case of a new pandemic it does not mean every day life will be that much different.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:19 am

Warrior wrote:What are you even talking about ? I said your dramatic rants about "everything will change" which you present as facts are bs...

...and i get several paragraphs about the price of a beer in stadium, then you pretend it's not even a good experience, but you own season tickets scratch

Things will go back to normal gradually, and i see no reason why people would change their habits, especially on long term once the virus is not a threat anymore. Societies will be better prepared in case of a new pandemic it does not mean every day life will be that much different.

The rants were to combat the idea that my entire post was BS.

I owned season tickets for business purposes, and I could speak definitively about the experience.

People change their habits because they dont want to die a painful death nor see their loved ones die a painful death. Same reason the safe sex practices we learned coming of age after HIV is different from the ones our parents received in the early 80's and 70's.

You are in a different world if you think Jobs will be able to force people to deal with traffic again after people worked so effectively at home.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:29 am

Not everyone is a yuppie like you pretend to be

Curious to know the % of people who "worked so effectively at home"
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:36 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Nothing that we have discovered up until now can replace the true live experience. Watching games live vs on TV is like day and night.

Maybe in the future humans will be replaced by robots who do everything in VR but it won't be because of corona. It's just another infectious disease that we've seen many of, we just have vaccines and medicine for other ilnesses.

But we aren't robots and we're not yet at the point of giving up our humanity.

Its not just a disease. Its something much more contagious and deadly than something which already ravages populations every year.

I also think live was having a lot of trouble with virtual attendance hence the reason why the main day Premier league matches cant be shown in the UK to force people out thee...same with american sports and our blackout rules. In most cases its infinitely better to watch on tv. You get:

Multiple angles
Commentary in your language of choice
significantly cheaper and better food

People want to go there live to get drunk and flex on the gram.
I dont even know how to respond. Are you really as anti-social as you sound? There would literally be no sports without the crowds so you would have nothing to watch on TV.

China ought to pay reparations and then we can move on. Also the rest of the world needs to practice economic distancing with China, enough is enough.

The problem arent crowds but the CCP.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:40 am

Warrior wrote:Not everyone is a yuppie like you pretend to be

Curious to know the % of people who "worked so effectively at home"

People not being yuppies are even more reason not spending money on the commute. You wouldnt believe how much in Gas expenses I saved during this lockdown.

I'd imagine most have been productive at home too because the office is full of distractions and baby boomer things like face showing.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:45 am

Man you are completely disconnected Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:46 am

Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Nothing that we have discovered up until now can replace the true live experience. Watching games live vs on TV is like day and night.

Maybe in the future humans will be replaced by robots who do everything in VR but it won't be because of corona. It's just another infectious disease that we've seen many of, we just have vaccines and medicine for other ilnesses.

But we aren't robots and we're not yet at the point of giving up our humanity.

Its not just a disease. Its something much more contagious and deadly than something which already ravages populations every year.

I also think live was having a lot of trouble with virtual attendance hence the reason why the main day Premier league matches cant be shown in the UK to force people out thee...same with american sports and our blackout rules. In most cases its infinitely better to watch on tv. You get:

Multiple angles
Commentary in your language of choice
significantly cheaper and better food

People want to go there live to get drunk and flex on the gram.
I dont even know how to respond. Are you really as anti-social as you sound? There would literally be no sports without the crowds so you would have nothing to watch on TV.

China ought to pay reparations and then we can move on. Also the rest of the world needs to practice economic distancing with China, enough is enough.

The problem arent crowds but the CCP.

Maybe in the old days, but in recent times I'd imagine most of the revenue for sports come from lucrative sponsorships with companies, TV deals, and Merchandising. You look at global brands like Madrid, Yankees,Chelsea and they are supported by people who will NEVER get to see them in person, yet feel strong enough to wear their brands. Thats where the true money is now.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:52 am

Warrior wrote:Man you are completely disconnected Laughing

Everybody I talk to is over the moon they get to work from home and avoid traffic.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:29 am

Young Kaz wrote:

Everybody I talk to is over the moon they get to work from home and avoid traffic.

I’m one of them. I have more time to spend with my girlfriend now, and as much as I like my students, working from home is so much more relaxing. I do miss teaching phys ed, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:32 am

Thimmy wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

I’m one of them. I have more time to spend with my girlfriend now, and as much as I like my students, working from home is so much more relaxing. I do miss teaching phys ed, though.

Can you do that Via Zoom?

My office is offering physical training that is normally done in our gym in Tokyo over zoom since people are at home. Its...interesting, but still effective Smile

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:22 am

Well shit really hit the fan around here.

We work in pairs, and my coworker tested positive. They just put her in an ambulance snd took her away. They are even threathening to take her children away.

Since I worked with her, I am now quarantined at home. If I test positive, that shit awaits me as well.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:45 pm

I wonder if it's going to happen also on other sides sooner or later
let's be clear, nothing exagerrated today there , but how much ppl will resist and I talk about every country . in that case we could witness an evolution of the protests

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:29 pm

I'm really surprised because German people are pretty well-educated and a behavior like this is so unlike them. I read about it and apparently they were only about 1000 protesters. Still, that's enough to make the confirmed cases jump to a very high number. Totally irresponsible and disappointing on their part.

The restrictions are there to help fight the disease. They are not implementing them to take away your freedom.

A little temporary sacrifice won't kill you (but the disease will).

BTW, this shows that human nature at the end always trumps education, civility (or whatever you want to call it). It's sad, but that's apparently who we are.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:22 pm

Vibe wrote:Well shit really hit the fan around here.

We work in pairs, and my coworker tested positive. They just put her in an ambulance snd took her away. They are even threathening to take her children away.

Since I worked with her, I am now quarantined at home. If I test positive, that shit awaits me as well.

I thought you already had it x) That was something else then? I forget.

What do you mean "take her children away"? Into some forced isolation unit?

"Put her in ambulance and took her away". Like, to a hospital? Your post sounds very dramatic x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:58 am

Art Morte wrote:
Vibe wrote:Well shit really hit the fan around here.

I thought you already had it x) That was something else then? I forget.

What do you mean "take her children away"? Into some forced isolation unit?

"Put her in ambulance and took her away". Like, to a hospital? Your post sounds very dramatic x)

I tested negative last time.

They literally just called her and said pack up you're leaving. She said wait, I have to find someone to take care of my kids, I can't just leave them and they told her if she doesn't comply they will send police for her and social services for her kids.

They took her to some hospital in Belgrade.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:13 pm

such bullshit
i would also protest, luckily my personal movement hasnt been restricted much, i still go to shops without care and i still go jog on the mountain every now and then
i can see more people protesting the longer this goes on
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Robespierre wrote:I wonder if it's going to happen also on other sides sooner or later
let's be clear, nothing exagerrated today there , but how much ppl will resist and I talk about every country . in that case we could witness an evolution of the protests

It's started online in France as well. They'll get the balls to go out and protest when the curve flattens like Germany.

Last edited by Nishankly on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:26 pm

El Gunner wrote:such bullshit
i would also protest, luckily my personal movement hasnt been restricted much, i still go to shops without care and i still go jog on the mountain every now and then
i can see more people protesting the longer this goes on

Isn't this is the case everywhere? You can go out for physical excersises (as long there aren't more than 3 people) and grocery shopping everywhere regardless of the confinement. In France, I need to sign a certificate but other places they you don't even need to do that. Whereas in Lombardi, you could possibly contract the virus just by going to your local grocery store.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:36 pm

there's about 30 people where i go jog in the afternoons, actually more than usual because of the restriction now because people see it as a means of "doing something"
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Most of the people are using the physical exercise to become fit during this lol
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:09 pm

^uhmm surely it's my version of the story because i talk to these people? Laughing but yea i guess they're trying to get fit too in the process
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:59 pm

Any idea how Jay and his brother is doing?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next