The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 23, 2020 12:45 am

@Nishankly wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Anyways. Some news.

I just got tested positive today. Had my test yesterday and result came in now.

I went for the test because i have been really ill over the past few days. Not been this ill in years.

I mean i will recover and everything but it still feels a bit shit.

Worst time ever since it's Eid in a day or two lol.

Also what were your symptoms?

I'll try and put a timeline.

17th May: A lump like sharp pain in throat. It wasn't exactly sore throat as you would feel the difference. There wasn't mucus in my throat to make it itchy but it was an annoying sharp pain. Like something stabbing. This went for few days but no other symptoms. It wasn't major though so i wasn't too bothered.

18th May: throat pain got a bit worse. Fatigue came in. I didn't develop any cough though. None at all actually. My breathing remained fine. Just throat was awful and started getting headaches and felt more depressed than usual. Didn't lose sense of smell either.

19th May: Body felt warmer than usual. More headaches developed. Kept waking up at night due to weird nightmares. Night sweats too. Like a trigger warning. Depressing thoughts. Throat remained the same.

20th-21st May: woke up with a 102f/39c temperature. Got up from bed and nearly passed out. Shivers all over. Banging headaches. Constant feeling of passing out. Weakness. Kept taking paracetamol but temperature wouldn't go below 37c.

22nd May - Today: temperature finally goes down but headache and body weakness remains. Still. Throat still hurts a lot but a bit less. Shortness of breath now clearly present. Lost my sense of smell due to stuffy nose. Lost my sense of taste too

But i still don't have any cough Laughing I am not sure if it will follow or not.

Last edited by RealGunner on Sat May 23, 2020 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by M99 on Sat May 23, 2020 12:48 am

I went for the test because i have been really ill over the past few days. Not been this ill in years.

Wtf I thought you got it weeks ago and recovered.

Any idea from where you got it?

Get well soon.

#JUSTICE4The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 Lulcas11The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBThe Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 ZidaneThe Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 SmurffThe Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 GhelyonThe Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 Hungry_boyThe Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 23, 2020 12:49 am

@sportsczy wrote:7 days!  Wat!!!!  I really feel like our experts make shit up.  They all say different things.

basically got this

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 25 CAzJ6om
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Sat May 23, 2020 12:49 am

@RealGunner wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:

Also what were your symptoms?

I'll try and put a timeline.

17th May: A lump like sharp pain in throat. It wasn't exactly sore throat as you would feel the difference. There wasn't mucus in my throat to make it itchy but it was an annoying sharp pain. Like something stabbing. This went for few days but no other symptoms. It wasn't major though so i wasn't too bothered.

18th May: throat pain got a bit worse. Fatigue came in. I didn't develop any cough though. None at all actually. My breathing remained fine. Just throat was awful and started getting headaches and felt more depressed than usual. Didn't lose sense of smell either.

19th May: Body felt warmer than usual. More headaches developed. Kept waking up at night due to weird nightmares. Night sweats too. Like a trigger warning. Depressing thoughts. Throat remained the same.

20th-21st May: woke up with a 102f/39c temperature. Got up from bed and nearly passed out. Shivers all over. Banging headaches. Constant feeling of passing out. Weakness. Kept taking paracetamol but temperature wouldn't go below 37c.

22nd May - Today: temperature finally goes down but headache and body weakness remains. Still. Throat still hurts a lot but a bit less. Shortness of breath now clearly present. Lost my sense of smell due to stuffy nose.

But i still don't have any cough Laughing I am not sure if it will follow or not.

omg RG... take care man!
hope you are getting all the help and care you need bro! stay strong!

get plenty of rest, and do get some air like open window if possible if that makes it bit better. eat well to get the strength too. and well documented timeline and symptoms good reference.
JespSwe
JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Sat May 23, 2020 12:50 am

@RealGunner wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:7 days!  Wat!!!!  I really feel like our experts make shit up.  They all say different things.

basically got this

ye - here its like 14 days + extra 7 days as a buffer to see if anything comes up after recovery ; nothing enforced but like at least rule of thumb in my area
JespSwe
JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 23, 2020 12:50 am

@Robespierre wrote:Oh RG , I hadn't read. I hope you get well soon !
I've heard that one of main symptoms is the lack of taste.. I mean you don't feel a real difference between eating a cheese rather than a cake. Is it true ?

Thanks man.

100% true. Can't taste anything atm. Won't know if i am eating ghost pepper or pineapple delight.

won't need to put ketchup in pasta anymore to make it taste better Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Sat May 23, 2020 12:53 am

@Thimmy wrote:
@JespSwe wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:The majority of things have already gone back to normal here, but obviously there are travel restrictions in place. As much as there are places in Norway I’d genuinely like to see in my lifetime, I don’t want to spend an entire vacation here, when an equal sum of travel, accomodation and pocket money could’ve taken me on a luxurious trip to a warmer and more interesting country.

good to hear that ! think Norway and Finland seems to have kept cases under control considerably. Dunno about Denmark, we know about Sweden.
You are in Norway yes? it would be easy im sure to go to neighboring countries at low costs for you no? given im sure Norway is already crazy expensive to even do things on day to day basis or so i have heard - you can easily afford elsewhere!

go to hungarian sauna ! Laughing i would definitely want to do that once in my life

Yeah, I’m in Norway. I usually travel to Sweden a few times a year, but the situation is pretty bad there these days, so I can’t go there any time soon. A colleague told me that Denmark may be opening up for travel soon, but I don’t know if that’s true. Sweden and Denmark are pretty similar to Norway, anyway. And yes, everything is really expensive here.

The Norwegian currency is weaker than ever right now, so traveling abroad will probably be more expensive than usual as well. I will google Hungary and see what their rules for travel is these days. Thanks for the tip Thumbs up

so locally its a bit like soft open in scandanavian countries but international borders are still very much locked right? in Japan its kinda limited flights - here
I see, i think it will be a long while before everything level ups but hungary isnt expensive and you can get more from it is what my hungarian friend telling me Very Happy
JespSwe
JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat May 23, 2020 12:54 am

@M99 wrote:

Get well soon.

Thanks man. I think that was just me being paranoid few months ago lol. This is the real thing. You will definitely know the difference

I have a feeling it's from my family. They are all being tested too so i'll know soon enough.

@JespSwe wrote:

omg RG... take care man!

get plenty of rest, and do get some air like open window if possible if that makes it bit better. eat well to get the strength too. and well documented timeline and symptoms good reference.

Thanks. Yea been resting but it sucks. Feel so dejected with everything. You just want to get well again.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Sat May 23, 2020 12:56 am

@Nishankly wrote:
@JespSwe wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:

Unlike the rest of the world, India's lockdown worked at the start, it took India 2 months to get from 300 cases to 5000 cases a day unlike other countries taking about 3 weeks. Stupid dumb people and religion fucked us over.

i think its one of those things that once virus spread and not being able to track in densely populated areas its near impossible to mitigate the scenario. it will reach a peak before subsiding ; that being said now is a good time to plan for next wave ...
i dont blame u guys at all - here at Tokyo we were utterly stupid to think that our own obsession with cleanliness and to take our own measures with safety and hygiene will keep us safe. boy we were so wrong ... it was spiralling out of control... like over 200+ cases everyday in tokyo alone..

I posted before:

@Nishankly wrote:

In India within 2 days, we had about 25 cases that traveled to various major cities of the country after landing in international airports, using trains, cabs, buses in multiple cities. We went into lockdown on the 24th of March with 100 cases, we're at 65,000 now dragging it slowly and slowly unlike the spikes in other countries.

Hell, my own friend escaped the lockdown from France, travelled from Lille to Paris by bus, waited at CDG for 5 hours, then got onto the flight to Delhi, landed in Delhi and waited at Delhi airport for 7 hours, then got on a domestic flight to Kolkata 2000 kilometres away, then got out of the airport, then took the bus home to his family and then started self home based quarantine.

He wasn't even infected. Infected people have done the same but they've used long distance trains where you have about 8 people sleeping in a locked air conditioned compartment within a distance of 1 metre of each other, within the country after landing at an international airport. Now this trains stops at about 25 cities along its journey with people hopping on and people hopping off.

We failed here.

but thought the govt at beginning were incredibly strict about it no? though atm is it lifted a bit or like people are still refrained very much?
damn ur friend - the heck... why he left France ? lol he would have been better off there given if India suddenly have this huge cases no? sorry to hear that though
JespSwe
JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 am

@RealGunner wrote:
@M99 wrote:

Get well soon.

Thanks man. I think that was just me being paranoid few months ago lol. This is the real thing. You will definitely know the difference

I have a feeling it's from my family. They are all being tested too so i'll know soon enough.

@JespSwe wrote:

omg RG... take care man!

Thanks. Yea been resting but it sucks. Feel so dejected with everything. You just want to get well again.

i hope that since u had this tough times with lack of sleep, sweating, headaches fever, that body is reacting and prepping for recovery. i mean, i hope that peak has past and you are in recovery phase! stay strong bud! get some nice warm tea ginger or green tea to clear ur throat, eat well, if somethings keeping you down with afterthoughts and all just message us here anytime!
JespSwe
JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat May 23, 2020 1:01 am

@RealGunner wrote:

basically got this

UK response is even worse than we thought Laughing what a bunch of idiots

Stay safe RG. Were you near anyone who was symptomatic or did it get transmitted to you via someone who is asymptomatic, out of curiosity?

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 am

@Robespierre wrote:Talking about masks and gloves ... are they easy to find in your place ?
Here the situation is improving right now about masks,   basically everyone has one mask for every person at least, but it was a critique situation just 1 month ago.
That disastrous Lombardian governement ( a day we'll talk about damages made by Lega in Italy)  invited to wear  foulards  and scarves  ... because masks weren't available for everyone.

the fact that Italy hasn't a factory that produces masks (!) complicates us the things.

The problem is moving on gloves now though. And it's even more serious. Because they are really difficult to find.
Basically  you can't find these, but yet they are mandatory for  every service.
it's even madness.  Theorically they aren't necessary as masks, it would be enough to sanitize your hands   everyday  , government should leave them only to the health workers...
But almost nothing makes sense in this period.

easy to find?
yes slowly and surely, but with masks two things here
1. local health care firms are sending masks for free (usable ones) 2x per household
2. we just made our own masks per virologists instructions like not just cloth but like having extra filters or how to make one
3. masks are coming out but per drug stores / supermarkets, advised to public to only buy one pack per household even if plenty is available

actually iam hearing that home made mask + scarf as extra filter do help is what i hear from virologist who was showing how to make masks ; atleast its better than nothing. in any case, if you are making one, dont just use home made mask, have like a silk scarf added to it as filter.

in terms of other items like hand wet tissues, toilet papers, sanitizers it has started to become available normally but that being said supermarket are advising to take or buy only one item per household so everyone gets it + extra remains in store for urgent matters and everyone seems to be following that so actually in terms of item availability it has improved well in the last few weeks or so.
JespSwe
JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Sat May 23, 2020 1:12 am

seriously good to see everyone here - hope everyone is all well though im bummed about RG status but confident he will pull through and bully us once the season resumes XD
vibe - if ur reading this .... hope ur getting a well deserved break!
JespSwe
JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Sat May 23, 2020 1:47 am

holy shit RG, get well soon mate. Thanks for telling us. You'll get better brother, i believe in you!! Just take it easy on yourself.

im interested in the depressing thoughts and feelings of dejectedness you mentioned... can you expand on those? what are they like exactly.

An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sat May 23, 2020 3:11 am

@RG I didnt get a couch until the other symptoms were almost gone. Super strong cough when it finally arrived.

Seems unnecessary to only isolate for 7 days since the symptoms began. For me, my gf, and my boss, it lasted about 3 weeks. And my job basically said stay home for at least 2 weeks after that. Now we are working ~80% from home anyway.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sat May 23, 2020 3:16 am

Take care, RG. That really sucks Neutral Coincidentally, a friend of mine got sick recently as well, and he kept talking about eid the last time I met him. I suspect he’ll get well in time for it lol.

Jesp: Yep, soft open. You can travel, but that means you’ll be put in quarantine for two weeks upon returning, and it’s really not socially acceptable to do so Razz Most countries have shut down their borders, anyway.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 on Sat May 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to the rest

Get well soon RG & the rest.

Stay safe.

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Sat May 23, 2020 2:08 pm

The PM's chief adviser made a 260-mile round trip in March, while sick with Covid symptoms, to arrange child care for his son. The law at the time said you couldn't do this.

Government has now come out in fierce defence of him, while the man himself said "behaved reasonably and legally", that he "did the right thing" and that ""he doesn't care what people think". While people are banned from seeing their loved ones in hospital.

So now all the people fined for travelling during lockdown could now, feasibly, demand their money back.

Just another day in the UK. Neutral

Across the pond, it turns out hydroxychloroquine, the drug Trump has been advocating, might actually increase the risk of death from Covid according to studies. And now he wants churches to re-open as they're "essential services", even though thousands of cases can be traced back to religious gatherings.

...just another day in the US?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat May 23, 2020 3:07 pm

Hope you recover soon man

On the plus side, once you're through you're immune and you'll be able to walk outside without fear

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Sat May 23, 2020 3:17 pm

FFS @RG. Get well soon my man.

The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat May 23, 2020 3:26 pm

Get well, RG.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat May 23, 2020 3:48 pm

Assalamu'alaikum to all Muslim and RG, get well soon mate

Do we know how long the virus stays on surfaces such as plastic or metal?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 pm

Get well, RG.

@rincon wrote:
Seems unnecessary to only isolate for 7 days since the symptoms began. For me, my gf, and my boss, it lasted about 3 weeks. And my job basically said stay home for at least 2 weeks after that. Now we are working ~80% from home anyway.

Yeah, I find the UK's advice really confusing, isolate for only 7 days from when the symptoms started? But it's been well-documented that the illness can last for several weeks? Hello, what am I missing? "Isolate until you haven't had symptoms for 4 days" would be much more sensible advice, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat May 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Yeah I mean seriously... just use common sense. Once you're symptom-free, wait 7 days.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Sat May 23, 2020 4:50 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Hope you recover soon man

On the plus side, once you're through you're immune and you'll be able to walk outside without fear
Is this "medically 100% confirmed"?

An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam on Sat May 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Hope you get better soon, RG.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum