Zagadka
Pedram
Myesyats
iftikhar
Robespierre
39 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Alright, yeah, now that you've framed it that way I can get behind what you're saying. Perhaps this was all very useless discussion on semantics, but I didn't care for your previous phrasing. It wasn't accurate to me. This has the right semantics and the right context, and I agree with you

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:58 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 10 Https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2Ff17987c6-d997-4f76-bef8-d4191c8e3813

Interesting chart. Seems like some countries are taking quarantine more seriously than others?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:03 pm

I'd love to know what's included in Finland's 89% rise in "parks" x)

People may be going out for walks more, but haven't seen news about park gatherings. It's still only about 5 degrees outside anyway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:27 pm

More results from anti-body tests coming out. This time from blood donor samples in Sweden and people in LA.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/11-procent-av-stockholmarna-har-antikroppar-mot-covid-19

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2328

Both concluded the same thing: the virus is more widespread than previously thought.

I've seen quite a few of these now and while the numbers vary, there does seem to be directional agreement that there are many more people infected with this than we know. The R0 may have been a lot higher than initially thought, and the fatality rate lower.

But these are the first studies and not yet peer-reviewed so their reliability may be in question.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:57 am

Another personal story from a person:

I was abroad on a work trip when the COVID-19 situation worsened. Thankfully, I got a flight to come back, and didn't have any symptoms. But 3 days later, I got a fever and a cold. I didn’t want to risk it, so I went to Hospital and tested positive for the virus. I was scared for myself, but more so for my family.
The same day, they came in for their tests. The next day, my elder daughter tested negative and went home, but my wife and younger daughter tested positive.

Surely this shit is majorly surviving on airplanes and airports, I have asked this question for the 4th time on this section lmao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Lukaku words :
in January , 23 Inter players on 25 were sick.
Cough and fever.
Skriniar (against Cagliari) didn't have the breath and he risked to pass out, and so he was forced to leave pitch. Coronavirus ? We didn't made tests so  we'd never know it.

who knows how long this virus spread there ... these words are suspicious

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:58 pm

Lukaku was Patient Zero
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Lukaku was Patient Zero

Inter president ( and so property )  is Chinese tbf
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:01 pm

Interesting pathology report:
https://www.focus.de/gesundheit/news/obduktionen-von-corona-toten-herzerkrankungen-und-uebergewicht-diese-vorschaedigungen-spielen-eine-grosse-rolle_id_11907454.html

Short summary:
Most of the obducted Covid-19 victims had: high blood pressure, they were overweight, had coronary damages. Most of them had intact lungs but the lungs themselves were clogged so oxygen transport wasn't possible despite intubation. The studies were conducted by The University Klinika in Aachen and Hamburg. Both concluded similar results. The doc from Hamburg also noted that one can have advanced coronary damages without being aware of them, they mould into heart attacks or other problems at a much later stage.

All in all, Wuhan virus has got the phenotype of a respiratory disease, mostly kills people with coronary problems.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:08 pm

Thought I'd give an update re: testing in the UK.

In short, the government's aim to increase testing to 100,000 a day by the end of April has turned out to be over-ambitious, as expected. Our capacity at the moment is around 50,000 tests, but they're still only doing 20,000-25,000 a day.

Key workers can now book tests for themselves, either at a drive through site or with a home visit, but the site was closed within hours of opening due to high demand.

They also want to recruit 18,000 people for a contact tracing task force.

My mother did a survey for the Office of National Statistics and has recently been selected to take part in a study (conducted by Oxford University) involving 20,000 people. She'll be having an anti-gen and anti-body test done on her on Monday. As I live in the same household, I'm eligible for at least an anti-gen test as well, although mine would happen later. My brother (who also lives with us) is a key worker and can apply for a test. So one way or another we can all be tested.

I'm still coughing and my brother has no sense of smell, so we're interested in these results, to say the least.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:39 pm

Jay29 wrote:
I'm still coughing and my brother has no sense of smell, so we're interested in these results, to say the least.

Well that's interesting indeed. If he really can't smell anything, surely he's got it?

I feel that what's going to be more important than raw testing capacity is the ability to test quickly and reliably in any given area of a country. And contact tracing. That's how you can target lockdown measures to areas where they're needed and go with easier measures elsewhere.

Overall I'm becoming more convinced that the prevailing strategy in the world will become allowing a controlled spreading of the virus. "Controlled" as in within healthcare's capacity and vulnerable people asked to isolate more than low-risk people. If a vaccine is at least a year away - possibly more than a year - and the virus isn't fizzling out, I don't think we can stay strictly locked down for that long. And when lockdown measures are eased off, the virus will spread more again.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:44 pm

He also suffers from hay fever and while loss of smell isn't normal for him, we can't rule it out as a cause. He hasn't shown any other symptoms and nobody in the house has developed symptoms since it started, either. But until we get these tests done we'll never really know.

Last edited by Jay29 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:57 pm

Stay strong Jay, hopefully it stays as just that Thumbs up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:45 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Jay29 wrote:

Well that's interesting indeed. If he really can't smell anything, surely he's got it?

I feel that what's going to be more important than raw testing capacity is the ability to test quickly and reliably in any given area of a country. And contact tracing. That's how you can target lockdown measures to areas where they're needed and go with easier measures elsewhere.

Overall I'm becoming more convinced that the prevailing strategy in the world will become allowing a controlled spreading of the virus. "Controlled" as in within healthcare's capacity and vulnerable people asked to isolate more than low-risk people. If a vaccine is at least a year away - possibly more than a year - and the virus isn't fizzling out, I don't think we can stay strictly locked down for that long. And when lockdown measures are eased off, the virus will spread more again.

I think we can.

Most jobs can be done without having to go out an interact with people now. This is the next phase of the technological revolution. Most people wont ever go back into the office. I remember spending hours and hours of the week sitting in traffic and dealing with stress for what? To make facetime for people I dont even like?

Colleges? Right now still trying to charge the same insane fees for online only classes. That will change.

The travel industry? Complete change. We used to just travel for the sake of travel. We'd take airlines and hurt the planet, for what? To take the same selfie I could take up the street except on a different spot of the planet? Useless. Delta Airlines, my local airline, would have people coming into the office just to chill. These people are working 2 days a week now and that seems about right.

Sports had completely gone off the rails. The prices were so inflated that it wouldnt have been sustainable even if this didnt happen. Theres no reason for an arena to ever hold thousands again. In the age of technology there is really no difference in the live game day experience compared to tv.

The world has changed, and we can go a long way in making it better.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Looks like friends and social interaction are not something you enjoy. That’s not the case for the majority of us
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:39 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Looks like friends and social interaction are not something you enjoy. That’s not the case for the majority of us

I actually get to spend more time with friends by not sitting in hours of traffic per week commuting to and from work. Thats where the world is headed. The days of being done with work at 4:30, but sitting there twiddling your thumbs because you know leaving then would result in hours in your car during rush hour are over.

Public pools are another. Its literally just a big germ bowl filled with piss,shit, and sweat all rolled into a chlorine bowl....that isnt coming back even after this.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Your post wasn’t just about sitting in traffic, it was about a bunch of other stuff that quite frankly makes no sense
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:41 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Your post wasn’t just about sitting in traffic, it was about a bunch of other stuff that quite frankly makes no sense

It makes a ton of sense do you really think the way we traveled in the past is good for the environment? It was even more rich considering some of the most frequent abusers of it were the same people who would preach to the average joe about climate change(Dicaprio,Harry and Meghan,ect).

Do you really think it was ever healthy for thousands of people to crowd into stadiums and concert halls for venues?

The world has changed. Its up to us to make it for the better.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:18 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Your post wasn’t just about sitting in traffic, it was about a bunch of other stuff that quite frankly makes no sense

It makes a ton of sense do you really think the way we traveled in the past is good for the environment? It was even more rich considering some of the most frequent abusers of it were the same people who would preach to the average joe about climate change(Dicaprio,Harry and Meghan,ect).

Do you really think it was ever healthy for thousands of people to crowd into stadiums and concert halls for venues?

Whatever you think about unnecessary travelling, tourism and holidays are a big part of economy in many places. And if you're saying there shouldn't be crowds for live entertainment and culture, that's just totally unrealistic to suggest that's ended now. These things form a big chunk of world economies and cannot be replaced just by saying the world's changed.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:08 pm

Nothing that we have discovered up until now can replace the true live experience. Watching games live vs on TV is like day and night.

Maybe in the future humans will be replaced by robots who do everything in VR but it won't be because of corona. It's just another infectious disease that we've seen many of, we just have vaccines and medicine for other ilnesses.

But we aren't robots and we're not yet at the point of giving up our humanity.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Stay strong Jay !
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Whatever you think about unnecessary travelling, tourism and holidays are a big part of economy in many places. And if you're saying there shouldn't be crowds for live entertainment and culture, that's just totally unrealistic to suggest that's ended now. These things form a big chunk of world economies and cannot be replaced just by saying the world's changed.

The world revolved around Coal too, and it took some work moving away from this to other forms of fuel, but we did it. Tourism as it was known before is never coming back. Things like cruises? Probably never. The world has changed. We can train populations to do other things.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:12 pm

Myesyats wrote:Nothing that we have discovered up until now can replace the true live experience. Watching games live vs on TV is like day and night.

Maybe in the future humans will be replaced by robots who do everything in VR but it won't be because of corona. It's just another infectious disease that we've seen many of, we just have vaccines and medicine for other ilnesses.

But we aren't robots and we're not yet at the point of giving up our humanity.

Its not just a disease. Its something much more contagious and deadly than something which already ravages populations every year.

I also think live was having a lot of trouble with virtual attendance hence the reason why the main day Premier league matches cant be shown in the UK to force people out thee...same with american sports and our blackout rules. In most cases its infinitely better to watch on tv. You get:

Multiple angles
Commentary in your language of choice
significantly cheaper and better food

People want to go there live to get drunk and flex on the gram.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:08 pm

All you said is bs
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:18 pm

Warrior wrote:All you said is bs

COVID19 isnt more deadly than the flu?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:25 pm

Yes, but what you said remains bs
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next