Zagadka
Pedram
Myesyats
iftikhar
Robespierre
39 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Freeza wrote:
rincon wrote:I still don't understand how Sports is saying Sweden's numbers are among the best

Death per 1M population in the Nordic countries:

Sweden: 89
Denmark: 47
Norway: 24
Finland: 10

The Swedish PM himself said the measures they took weren't good enough iirc.

No surprise in those numbers. Finland continues to be the gold standard of Nordic countries in most these matters

I hope so Very Happy but I'm not sure. We are a bit behind most countries in the Covid timeline and although our measures have certainly slowed down the spreading, I'm not sure it puts as any closer to easing off social distancing than other countries. We don't currently have the testing capacity to really control the spread and act quickly on it, like South Korea have done. I think quick large-scale testing is what you need to start opening up. I'm actually a little worried that because the virus is spreading so slowly in Finland, people will become complacent and start relaxing their social distancing too soon.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:55 pm

People here in Denmark have begun to relax and now the government will open up select businesses soon as long as its defensible. Kept social distancing going pretty well the first three weeks I must say. It was a complete wasteland everywhere.

Hope the government doesn’t rush into it because our numbers look solid. The disease can easily pick up those numbers again.

Should only open up for minor businesses imo. And keep the large conglomerates with a lot of employees closed. That could also give a boost to those hit my the economic crisis the hardest.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:57 pm

It will be important to see countries start to relax slightly, and then hopefully relax slightly more. It will be very valuable to see how the disease reacts to an ease back in to a semi-regular life (with social distancing ideals still in place)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:29 pm

same in Poland, smaller businesses will be opened by Sunday, more people in supermarkets and less restrictions regarding freedom of movement.

Needs to be done.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Myesyats wrote:same in Poland, smaller businesses will be opened by Sunday, more people in supermarkets and less restrictions regarding freedom of movement.

Needs to be done [in places where it makes sense to do it]

I agree with this
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:41 pm

It depends on the country i guess.

Would be suicide to ease restriction in the UK.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Same as Denmark and Poland here, we re-open gradually. A couple of things added to the list of "essential services"...

- mines
- road construction
- mechanic shops
- flower/garden shops

The last one is particularly interesting, a good sign that we are less in survival mode than 2 weeks ago.

Schools might return soon enough, but people are freaking out for that, now they insult the provincial government who did an OUTSTANDING job during the crisis, as if they would bargain the safety of children Rolling Eyes
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:34 pm

1000 new cases in India today, taking it to 11,000 now.

More than 3000 cases out of that are from an International Muslim Congregation (Tabligi Jamaat) in Delhi that did not follow shutdown rules. 95% cases in Delhi are linked to this congregation.

South Korea, Italy and France had the same issue with Churches. God damn religion.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:50 am

A high % of hasidic jews are infected by the virus because they were the last ones to follow the rules. As explanation they said nobody shall discriminate them. I don't wish death of course but the current situation is a sweet irony.

Made me think how unfortunate it is to grow up in a strict religious community and have a tunnel vision of the world. The widespread religions are dogma based on fables, only deluded people will dedicate their life to it. About many spiritual approach i can take some and leave some, no need to codify myself lol.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:06 pm

There is so much misinformation on this virus. Anti vaxxers coming out in hoardes and the amount of people believing in conspiracies.. I hope this is just an American thing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 pm

Nishankly wrote:1000 new cases in India today, taking it to 11,000 now.

More than 3000 cases out of that are from an International Muslim Congregation (Tabligi Jamaat) in Delhi that did not follow shutdown rules. 95% cases in Delhi are linked to this congregation.

South Korea, Italy and France had the same issue with Churches. God damn religion.

I remember reading about 25000 people gathering to pray away the virus in Bangladesh a few days before official lockdown.

The sheer stupidity of it made me want to delete myself.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 pm

Wait till Ramadan starts...

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:18 pm

So the latest countries to break the barrier of 1000 cases per day are : Russia (Nearly 3k per day), Brazil (1.5k), India (1k), Ireland (1k), Canada (1k)

The highest case rates outside the US are currently France, UK, Turkey and Russia.

France is expected to peak by the end of this week and start flattening like Italy, Spain and Germany.

UK is extremely worrying with the death rate. Its what 13% right now just using the numbers?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:19 pm

Nishankly wrote:1000 new cases in India today, taking it to 11,000 now.

Not surprised about South Korea having issues with churches. They’ve got a fair share of orthodox christians and religious cultists that take things way too far.

We’ve gradually started opening up certain stores here, as well, but they all have short opening hours. More stores, hair salons and certain elementary school classes will be open for business starting april 27th. It was recently discovered that most of the more recent Covid infected in this country had been to the same fast food joints :facepalm: I swear, some of the fast food joints here wouldn’t have closed down if a massive meteor was headed straight for them Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Would actually love me some fast food right now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Nishankly wrote:So the latest countries to break the barrier of 1000 cases per day are : Russia (Nearly 3k per day), Brazil (1.5k), India (1k), Ireland (1k), Canada (1k)

The highest case rates outside the US are currently France, UK, Turkey and Russia.

France is expected to peak by the end of this week and start flattening like Italy, Spain and Germany.

UK is extremely worrying with the death rate. Its what 13% right now just using the numbers?

Belgium is fluctuating a lot as well.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:36 pm

Fuck corona tbh

I am working 3 floors of patients simultaneously, 17 hours into a 24 hour shift and I am fucking tired. My body wants to give up.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:41 pm

Vibe :bow: :bow: :bow:

Your efforts are not unappreciated. I wish I could give you some of my strength.

Hoping you get a long and well deserved rest soon
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:55 pm

Vibe wrote:Fuck corona tbh

I am working 3 floors of patients simultaneously, 17 hours into a 24 hour shift and I am fucking tired. My body wants to give up.

Hope at the end of all of this, you can make 4 memes against Indians, you deserve it.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:21 am

Damn man, wish you the best, we all depend on people like you Thumbs up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:22 am

@Vibe, and all the people here who still have to show up at work despite all the adversary, ya all are a real trooper! :bow: take care ya all, stay safe

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:53 am

Meantime, people are getting sick in the US because they're taking chlorine since it has chloroquine in it... In this case, I'm almost not sad. People like this make babies and that's why we're in our current state.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:04 am

Here's an upventus Thumbs up it will give you strength
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:13 am

Nishankly wrote:

Hope at the end of all of this, you can make 4 memes against Indians, you deserve it.

There is all the strength I'll ever need :bow:

It was just a temporary crisis, I am back on my feet and fresh as if it was an NBA fantasy night Molenation
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:40 am

Nishankly wrote:Would actually love me some fast food right now.

Actually I'm glad bevcause i've lost some additional fat without the temptation of fast food at every corner Molenation

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:08 am

Vibe wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

There is all the strength I'll ever need :bow:

It was just a temporary crisis, I am back on my feet and fresh as if it was an NBA fantasy night Molenation

man i would've been fantasy champion by now :facepalm: darn Corona Clubber
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next