Mr Nick09
27 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Luka Jovic: Thicc boi Empty Luka Jovic: Thicc boi

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:14 pm

Marca have awarded the young lad with their coveted cover page

https://twitter.com/marca/status/1117321603111641088?s=19

It appears that Jovic has been selected to be Karim Benzema next victim in Madrid. In fact Benzema has been Madrid leading n9 for the better part of the lad decade, great feet for a number 9 who is not a prolific goalscorer.

Anyway many have come and could not overcome the French legend, if Jovic is indeed chosen and signed, I bid him much luck

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Fri May 10, 2019 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Luka Jovic: Thicc boi Empty Re: Luka Jovic: Thicc boi

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Is it 99% certain already?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:19 pm

We don't do anything at less than 99% here fam :coffee:

Spoiler:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:55 pm

It should be noted that in the marca article regarding the meeting with the agent, they did note that it was a customary sort of meeting already associated with other matters.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:16 pm

You have an informal chat with an agent on the phone, he doesn't fly to Madrid for a face to face meeting just for an informal meeting. And they made such a public show of it, like they alerted all the media's in Madrid to catch the guy in his car and everything. He could have come incognito and no one would have known, just saying... We will see where the chips land
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:12 pm

Yeah, I agree with Nick. There isn't a face to face unless all the "informal" stuff was already discussed over the phone. They either met and came to an agreement or they didn't.

The only reason we wouldn't ultimately go for him is if ZZ changed course and went for Icardi instead. It looks like we are only going to go for one of those two, but if I had to put money on it I would say we get Jovic.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Lol, Hazard and now Jovic almost done, and along with Benz, that’s the new front three, yet Nick still insisting Vinícius will be a starter!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Vinicius will start, he did more for madrid already than those  signings who play for other clubs and have not kissed the badge yet
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:33 pm

Vamos a ver Nick, Vamos a ver!

If you were Zidane, you would look at how many goals Hazard, Jovic and Benzema have put in versus The kid with potential but hasn’t found a scoring touch yet!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:04 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Lol, Hazard and now Jovic almost done, and along with Benz, that’s the new front three, yet Nick still insisting Vinícius will be a starter!!

You do realize that Jovic isn't a winger, yeah?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Lol, Hazard and now Jovic almost done, and along with Benz, that’s the new front three, yet Nick still insisting Vinícius will be a starter!!

Zidane likes xmas tree formations like Carlo,
hazard
benzo-jovic
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Diamond you mean? Or Hazard ahead of Benz and Jovic Laughing

Anyway, everything about this sounds like completel and total BS

why would Real make Luka Jovic a starter? Kid isn't a star, just a good talent
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 pm

yeah diamond, for some reason i was thinking about xmas tree, but no diamond, 41212.

and yeah, he is not starting over kariminal, this is the point of this thread. However good he is, even if you think with minutes he can score at a high volume and become a top player, he will struggle for time because of kariminal
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Zidane plays a diamond 442 with 2 strikers or a 433.

And none of Bale, Isco, Asensio, Ronaldo and Benzema are traditional wingers.  Bale used to be but hasn't been for a long while.  Vasquez is the only one.

ZZ only played Vasquez for defensive reasons since Marcelo was useless on defense and you needed a forward to cover since the entire defense needed to shift left very often.  Bale was unwilling to do it.

My guess is that either Marcelo is benched for Reguilon or Jovic is asked to help defensively.  My money is on Marcelo getting sold actually.

Reguilon has a better chance to start than Vini.  But Vini will get PLENTY of chances.  Better this way for his development in my opinion.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:57 pm

For one, i think that if Jovic comes here in the first place there will prob be an understanding between club, coach, and player that his development will not be compromised through undue ostracism. Second, i am unconvinced Zidane is stupid enough to let a good player "struggle" because of some kind of love for blasphema.

Also, i am unconvinced that Zidane has a predilection for a 4312, and if he did then we will get raped with our current squad. We will prob see 442, 433, and 4231 the most, and it'd be good to have the player profiles to be adaptable. No way this club can survive with only one main scorer upfront, especially if the striker is Benzema.

I can see Asensio staying and being used mostly in the right, so that he can cut in. Isco, Ceballos, Mariano, Bale, Vallejo, MAYBE Marcelo and even Llorente as per today's press conference will prob leave.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:59 pm

This is all nonsense. If Real buy Jovic, it will be as a backup. Zidane will be busy trying to engineer a formation to accomodate Hazard, Vicinius and Isco behind Benzema, complementing them with one of Vazquez and Ascensio.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 pm

good point TMO, when Zidane took over madrid, he had a made squad which was already comfortable playing a 433. he made a slight variation to that system with Isco, while keeping CR in a position of strength.

It's incorrect to assume that if given the choice to build his own team, he would go with those formation. Fact of the matter is that when he was coaching Castilla, and he had the freedom to play whichever way he wanted, he was running a 4231 which often looked like a 442.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 pm

-----------Benzema
Vinicius------Hazard
---------------------Isco
-------Kroos-Valverde
-----------------------Vasquez
Marcelo--Ramos-Varane
--------------Navas
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:15 pm

a front three where two are CFs? i wonder how that will work? if jovic does sign he will be on the bench. he needs to invest in gloves, a blanket and some hot chocolate or coffee, cos unless he is really scoring right out the gate in the few minutes he gets, he will be on the bench. and i don't think i see zidane switching to a 4 4 2

the bright spot for him is that, his father thinks he can get minutes here based on what he said with respect to the barcelona rumors. he needs to be prepared mentally
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:02 am

Why does everyone think he will necessarily be on the bench? Everyone praising Benz for his reemergence this season, yet he still has worse goal/90 and assist/90 than Jovic. Even with his reemergence, Idk if we can count on Benz replicating even these numbers again next season, in which case Jovic will be waiting in the wings.

And lol at Haps formation, prime banter. Luckily ZZ didn't take over and force the club to spend 300m to have Vazquez as RB.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:46 am

i don't disagree with your numbers vandeez, and i'm not on board with praising players for "stepping up" when we've already lost all competitions this season. not to mention i don't think benzema has scored up to 4 goals against teams in the top half of the table.....but that's none of my business

i can't speak for everyone, but the reason i believe jovic (if we indeed sign him, i'm not falling for this rumor) will be on the bench is because zizou is benzema's biggest fan, besides flo, and jovic is a safe buy- he's not crap like mayoral and he's not a name like say kane icardi lewa etc....also he's coming from a much smaller club, its easier to have him come off the bench without much fuss than the names i mentioned

with the minutes jovic gets, he'll have to play out of his mind to convince zidane. morata scored more than benzema but was constantly on the bench. so jovic will have to do that and more, and if he does perform to the point him being on the bench isn't justified......i can see zidane shifting to a 4 4 2, mainly to accommodate benzema.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:54 am

Benzema was doing his part well before we lost all the competitions...  he's been playing well since the end of October.  If you don't believe me, go look at the game logs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:14 am

The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:56 am

sportsczy wrote:Benzema was doing his part well before we lost all the competitions...  he's been playing well since the end of October.  If you don't believe me, go look at the game logs.

i'll give you some game logs, he has scored once in 9 of the games we've lost this season, didn't score against sevilla atleti nor barca. his "clutch" goals have come against villareal eibar levante huesca espanyol girona celta vigo (he was amazing in that game away) and ajax. most of those teams are in the bottom half or battling relegation.

now he certainly did better than last season, i didn't expect him to get a good goal tally, and he wasn't our worst player. my point with putting out those numbers is; is that what we as Real Madrid are hanging our hat on these days? if it is, then cool, blame me for missing the memo. totally my fault, i might have appreciated these juggernaut performances in that week we lost all 3 comps. but that's just me

and @themadridone, instead of putting new rw, just put bale, he'll be here next season. we are not going for a rw, bale might even end up retiring here
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:05 am

titosantill wrote:

i can't speak for everyone, but the reason i believe jovic (if we indeed sign him, i'm not falling for this rumor) will be on the bench is because zizou is benzema's biggest fan, besides flo, and jovic is a safe buy- he's not crap like mayoral and he's not a name like say kane icardi lewa etc....also he's coming from a much smaller club, its easier to have him come off the bench without much fuss than the names i mentioned

with the minutes jovic gets, he'll have to play out of his mind to convince zidane. morata scored more than benzema but was constantly on the bench. so jovic will have to do that and more, and if he does perform to the point him being on the bench isn't justified......i can see zidane shifting to a 4 4 2, mainly to accommodate benzema.

The difference is Morata wasn't brought in by ZZ, and is clearly not the profile of striker ZZ wanted then or wants now. Jovic would be brought in by ZZ so there is incentive to play him and not just have a 60m bench player. After all, ZZ has a limit on how much he can spend, it would be a waste not to use it on starters for the most part.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next