Hapless_Hans
Mr Nick09
27 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Luka Jovic: Thicc boi - Page 2 Empty Re: Luka Jovic: Thicc boi

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:05 am

titosantill wrote:

i can't speak for everyone, but the reason i believe jovic (if we indeed sign him, i'm not falling for this rumor) will be on the bench is because zizou is benzema's biggest fan, besides flo, and jovic is a safe buy- he's not crap like mayoral and he's not a name like say kane icardi lewa etc....also he's coming from a much smaller club, its easier to have him come off the bench without much fuss than the names i mentioned

with the minutes jovic gets, he'll have to play out of his mind to convince zidane. morata scored more than benzema but was constantly on the bench. so jovic will have to do that and more, and if he does perform to the point him being on the bench isn't justified......i can see zidane shifting to a 4 4 2, mainly to accommodate benzema.

The difference is Morata wasn't brought in by ZZ, and is clearly not the profile of striker ZZ wanted then or wants now. Jovic would be brought in by ZZ so there is incentive to play him and not just have a 60m bench player. After all, ZZ has a limit on how much he can spend, it would be a waste not to use it on starters for the most part.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:29 am

I don't understand blind hate or praise... hence the reason I praised Benz when he was doing well and undeservedly getting criticized, and then getting on him very hard for not being very good the past few years.

He's been very good this year since the end of October.  End of.  More than likely our player of the year.  Our team has been shit... but that has nothing to do with how he's performed.  Point the finger at those who haven't stepped up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 am

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/04/14/5cb386fe22601d94158b4590.html

article was posted just in time; its not blind hate or praise , its just reality. when we are on a topic about a midfielder or defender, i'll address the mess ups we had there as well
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:02 am

You should then roast CR too...  because until our second CL title year, he was absolutely atrocious against top teams including Barca.

Also, against the better teams, our midfield was incredibly exposed and the team was cut in half.  In almost all those games, we didn't create a lot of chances.  A lot of half chances because there was no creative force to get us into the final third.

Point the finger at our midfield, defense, Bale, Vasquez, Marcelo, etc.

But please stop this hypocrisy with Benzema.  He very much deserved all the hate he's gotten the previous 3 seasons.  Absolutely not this one.  He's held his own and then some.

And having this dillusion that he should become a ruthless striker and a replacement for CR was just that...  dillusion.  He did very well at what he does.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:12 am

we lost 4 nil under rafa in el clasico, the next game was against some hapless team in ucl that we ended up belting a huge number of goals on, i was disgusted by it and vented my frustration at us even celebrating, and i was criticized for venting that frustration on here; adit was asking if i had played any sports. same way i criticized cr after celebrating scoring 4 or 5 against getafe and dancing after juve knocked us out some days earlier and barca where en route to another treble. i praise when we win, not consolation prizes.

if we are on a topic about a midfielder i'll discuss kroos and modric's transgressions. what you want us to give prizes for beating these sides after we created a "meaningless la liga thread"? the only person exempt are vinicius (for his age) regi (who has impressed me) and vazquez. vazquez is crap and we all know he is crap, but when the team's planning and logistics are so off, that someone like that is starting games, i can't go in on him

and those numbers there are facts, i'm sorry i can't sugar coat it. sugar coating is a huge reason why we are where we are
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:25 am

Benzema hasn't been very good, that's crazy talk. He's been decent. Men like Sterling, Mane and Messi have been very good. Benzema is simply having a bare minimum season that you need as a forward at Real Madrid. And like Tito who is on fire in this thread, I also won't be congratulating bare minimum. Been a Madrid fan long enough to know this is not what we put on a podium.

As for Modric and Kroos, Modric has the excuse of age and serious wear and tear in 2018. Kroos, however, should be scrubbing bench all now tbh. He has honestly ghosted this entire season, both for club and for country and I really cannot find a single reason as to why this is the case. It's not like he plays like a b2b and runs all match.

If Zizou feels like replacing those two great men, I won't mind at all. Would actually appreciate it. And quite frankly, they both are iconic at Madrid anyway so they'll be fondly remembered.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:01 pm

for a multitude of reasons, i would actually keep kroos instead of modric....and that's not to say kroos has been good either, they both have been shambolic to epic proportions. we refuse to sugar coat that, i don't care if a world cup just ended, this wasn't a performance by someone who got all those individual awards
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:04 pm

I think Sports is getting a little carried away with his renewed enthusiasm of Benzema. Let’s face facts for a moment. The entire team played poorly this season. As Tito said the only exceptions were Reguilion and Vinicius. Benzema played much better than the past two or three seasons, but it’s not as if he had a great season. I praised him after the past three games, not because it was a lower team, but it was the energy and enthusiasm, and even the smile that was not as evident early this season and certainly not in past few seasons. No way the club should be depending on him as the only starting goal scorer!

And all this talk from Nick about Vinicius! Sure he impressed (again on a very bad team), but he wasn’t a goal scorer ! Maybe you all have forgotten, but the lad clearly had issues, he has yet to overcome, with finding the back of the net!

The rumours about Jovic have a lot to them, not just some agent or media making random noise! Similarly in the case if Hazard.

And both Jovic and Benzema have played with two strikers and both can play on the right side.

Therefore I say with a lot of confidence that the starting front three will be Hazard, Benzema, Jovic.

And @Nick, you can bookmark this!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Vinicius doesnt have issues with finding the net. What he has is inexperience. One of the most difficult things to learn as a youngster is finishing; finishing and things like crossing that require technique and knowing what part of your feet you are comfortable with using. That players have go-to moves when it comes to finishing isnt coincidence

It will become an issue if with more games under his belt, at 20 21 (depending how much he plays in terms of minutes), he is missing chances. Right now, he just needs to work on that and his overall game
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Sure Tito! In the interim, if he starts, our scoring capability is lessened. Nick is saying he should start over someone like Jovic who has already overcome those “growing issues”. It’s either that or play with 2 midfielders allowing Hazard to be behind strikers.

Basically Nick is suggesting defense or scoring capabilities are compromised to allow this kid to fully develop getting over his growing pains!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu May 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Watch his goal against Chelsea and you will see what I mean by -> Benz does well to create space for others with linkup play, Jovic does well to create space for himself with linkup play.

So happy he is coming

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Deez, is there room on the Jovic hype train? I would like a first class seat please?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 09, 2019 9:45 pm

His goal against Chelsea was great, that was by no means an easy chance to score from. His header was superb. I think I'll keep my expectations tempered until he's got a few games under his belt for us, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu May 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Doc wrote:Deez, is there room on the Jovic hype train? I would like a first class seat please?

All aboard!

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Thimmy wrote:His goal against Chelsea was great, that was by no means an easy chance to score from. His header was superb. I think I'll keep my expectations tempered until he's got a few games under his belt for us, though.

Fuck that...

All aboard!
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 09, 2019 11:12 pm

Freeza wrote:
Thimmy wrote:His goal against Chelsea was great, that was by no means an easy chance to score from. His header was superb. I think I'll keep my expectations tempered until he's got a few games under his belt for us, though.

Fuck that...

All aboard!

I bet if he looked different... rofl
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 09, 2019 11:59 pm

He looks a bit heavy to me, no?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 am

I think he just has a naturally stocky physique.

Luka Jovic: Thicc boi - Page 2 1550142123675
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 10, 2019 12:18 am

Thimmy wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Fuck that...

All aboard!

Not black enough imo
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 10, 2019 12:31 am

Doc wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Fuck that...

All aboard!

Not black enough imo

The only attacker who looks the right way for you lot is Dolberg imo.

And I'd gladly settle for him. Jovic is younger though
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri May 10, 2019 1:41 am

sportsczy wrote:He looks a bit heavy to me, no?

He's just got an Aguero type build, low center of gravity.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri May 10, 2019 1:53 am

I feel bad for Dolberg, he has really regressed. 0 goals 1 assist in Europe this season. Last season 0 goals 0 assists. I hope he can regain some form. He really did look good 2 seasons ago. Maybe he can get a move somewhere and progress his career.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 10, 2019 2:04 am

He is has quite a big ass
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 10, 2019 2:20 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:He is has quite a big ass

Luka Jovic: Thicc boi - Page 2 1433979463959
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 10, 2019 2:38 am

posterior chain is quite big, which makes him stronger than he looks + he is a thicc boy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 10, 2019 2:40 am

Built like Saquon Barkley
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender