Chumlum
urbaNRoots
Jay29
Unique
RealGunner
29 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Ornstein not seeing a clear vision of what Kroenke wants for the club or what the plan is.

Most of Arsenal's directors were at the Superbowl on Sunday. City's directors were surprised at the low number of them at the match on Sunday.

What a surprise

Ornstein has heard that we can have around £100m in Summer but doesn't want to say that for a fact as he is not completely sure.

Spending big has gotten us nowhere so it's not like having 500m will do us a world of good. What we need is to get players who works for Emery imo.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:23 pm

A more in depth summary can be found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/anj78q/summary_of_the_points_made_by_david_ornstein_on/

The points of interest for me:

- The club knows full well the defensive options are poor. They refrained from prioritising defenders in January because it would leave with too many players to shift in the summer, which implies to me that we're going to see a fair amount of movement there. I'd imagine Lichtsteiner won't be sticking around for a second year, and Mustafi's days are likely numbered, too. Since there are doubts about Mavropanos, I wonder if he'll be heading out on loan. (I dream about Kolasinac leaving as well, but I'm not too sure they'll do it.)

- It seems like Nkunku is very well liked and will probably be a target in the summer. I can see that happening for sure if PSG get the mids they want.

- Mislintat was leading the Perisic and Carrasco chase, not Sanllehi like many thought. Suarez was totally an Emery/Sanllehi acquisition, though. That much was true.

- Sanllehi's basically the big guy at the club now and we're going to depend on his contacts with the big agents in football.

- We're interested in Rabiot, but then, who isn't? I'm curious if he's a main target and if he is, will we go for him and Nkunku? Or just one of them? If we got both, that'd surely be the end of Elneny.

- As expected, the summer budget is going to be much bigger than it was in Jan, though by how much will obviously depend on if we're in the CL or not.

- I think our criteria for the new technical director is way too precise. I understand getting someone who Emery knows he can work with, but that basically narrows our options to Monchi and Henrique at PSG. I also get looking for somebody with a connection to the club, but then, there's no guarantee they're actually any good yet (Overmars seems a bit dodgy at Ajax, for example). Surely we should just be looking for the best guy for the job.

- Three to five transfers windows to get us competitive again sounds about right. We've had two already. Basically, I should take this to mean that after two seasons, I can fully judge Emery's work and if he's the one to take us forward or not. Guess I better put my knives away until then.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:04 pm

The long term part is killing me. We really have learned nothing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:37 pm

Telegraph are reporting we are going to put Mustafi on transfer list in the summer. Great news.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:03 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 pm

Never heard of him but all in imo

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:51 pm

Wanted Nico Pepe and Aouar,getting D.Suarez and Trossard
sigh
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:52 am

Pepe and Aouar are impossible on our budget. The competition will blow us out the water.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:01 pm

That's a lot of money.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Wtf

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Best of luck Rambo Molenation
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Club statement: Aaron Ramsey

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-aaron-ramsey

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Yeah no way we can afford that money. Best of luck Rambo
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:59 pm

2010s such bad decade for the club overall Neutral
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 am

It's all relative. Three FA Cups, three Community Shields, seven years of Champions League football, huge fees paid for Ozil, Sanchez, Lacazette and Aubameyang... it's really not that bad compared to other periods in the club's history. It's a step down from the previous decade but that decade was literally one of the best periods in the club's history. It's hard to replicate that.

Historically, Arsenal have always had success in patches. This decade has been nothing unusual.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:00 am

Plus our first European trophy this season Wink
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am

RealGunner wrote:Club statement: Aaron Ramsey

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-aaron-ramsey

short and to the point. i like it Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:17 pm

That's A LOT of money. Is he really worth it??? I mean he is talented but with his fitness history, how much will he be able to contribute???

PS: Does it make him top 10/20 earners???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Meanwhile, we're being linked a lot with Benfica LB Alex Grimaldo (FM legend) and I've just seen a link to Suso.

All aboard the Spanish revolution. Molenation

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm

iftikhar wrote:That's A LOT of money. Is he really worth it??? I mean he is talented but with his fitness history, how much will he be able to contribute???

PS: Does it make him top 10/20 earners???

He got that due to free transfer fee, the amount is similar to 40mil transfer fee and 200k wage which is something he was asking Arsenal for. Although i gotta say, he is perfect for Juve system and Allergi must see something in him that I dont
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:37 pm

This quote about him is interesting:

Paratici: "Ramsey? We signed him because he's a player that's different to the ones we have. Has more technique, but less defensive & tactical. I think Ramsey has never found his best position, because he hasn't played as a Mezzala in a 3-man CM. That's his position."

In some respects, we didn't have the chance to use Ramsey this way because he always had to play behind Ozil, and Ozil couldn't play anywhere else but no. 10. We misused Ramsey for a long time but he had too much ability to leave out the side. CM in a double pivot or RW was a compromise that didn't get the best out of him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:10 pm

14-15 we used 4141 with him as an #8 but stationed too high up the pitch at times to be effective
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Looks like Monchi is happening

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:58 pm

Fantastic news
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:02 pm

Jay29 wrote:This quote about him is interesting:

Paratici: "Ramsey? We signed him because he's a player that's different to the ones we have. Has more technique, but less defensive & tactical. I think Ramsey has never found his best position, because he hasn't played as a Mezzala in a 3-man CM. That's his position."

In some respects, we didn't have the chance to use Ramsey this way because he always had to play behind Ozil, and Ozil couldn't play anywhere else but no. 10. We misused Ramsey for a long time but he had too much ability to leave out the side. CM in a double pivot or RW was a compromise that didn't get the best out of him.

Meh. Ramsey was an Arsenal player long before Özil came, and I seem to remember at least a couple of seasons where Wenger used a 4-3-3, or 4-1-4-1? Wasn't it something like Flamini-Cazorla-Ramsey at some point?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next