Is Cavani the biggest fraud of the decade?

+54
Gil
Sri
Warrior
Myesyats
Witty Futty
Nishankly
zizzle
juve_gigi
Kick
adun101
nichabr
zigra
RED
Hapless_Hans
LeBéninois
halamadrid2
Firenze
Sushi Master
Turok_TTZ
Donuts
Pip
CBarca
Luca
breva
chad4401
M99
BarrileteCosmico
Freeza
S
huntsman
free_cat
titosantill
Cruijf
sportsczy
urbaNRoots
El Gunner
McAgger
Vibe
Bankz
Lucifer
Winter is Coming
jibers
Red Alert
Kaladin
Doc
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Harmonica
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Casciavit
farfan
futbol
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Is Cavani the biggest fraud of the decade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Cavani the biggest fraud of the decade?

Post by S Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:55 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Cavani also plays in a top 8 team if the world whereas Napoli struggle to make CL places in Serie A...

Well that Napoli also has quality players.

Not like he's playing for a pile of shit team you know.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Is Cavani the biggest fraud of the decade? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Cavani the biggest fraud of the decade?

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:16 pm

If anything, Cavani is probably having a hard time when balls tend to go to Ibra more so most of the time, have you seen how deep he had to drop last night to get some touches on the ball? Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:20 pm

ES wrote:If anything, Cavani is probably having a hard time when balls tend to go to Ibra more so most of the time, have you seen how deep he had to drop last night to get some touches on the ball? Laughing

Ibra drops deep too , allowing Cavani to get in the middle and miss his obligatory 2 sitters per game .

and re lol at comparing his padjob against over matched LOL 1 team to Higuain's exploits in a title race.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:27 pm

Not even a title race at this stage lol, a free-for-all top 5 spot, we'll see if this title race exploits of his holds up come season end
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Is it just me or do most Serie A fans unconditionally support misfiring players who left the league to play abroad ?
i noticed the same with Lamela and to a lesser extent Jovetic . apparently it's everybody's fault that they didn't live up to the hype :
- The coaches aren't using them properly .
- Their scrub teammates just aren't good enough to play with them
- Tactics in England are too primitive for them .
everything expect maybe admitting that the players weren't as good as advertised ?

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:36 pm

Dunno who said those things but Lamela had his best season under Zeman Laughing

Jovetic is good, he's just been marred with injuries throughout (Did he even play in England?)

Cavani has been a 25+ goal scorer in Serie A for 3 seasons, there's a reason why some of us don't rate Higgy that highly
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:46 pm

and Higuain outscored Ronaldo at one point ...do you see Cavani doing that, ever ?

this is only his third season in Italy and the first without the underachieving Benitez , i bet he'll reach the 25 mark this season if he manages to stay fit .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:54 pm

farfan wrote:and Higuain outscored Ronaldo at one point ...do you see Cavani doing that, ever ?

this is only his third season in Italy and the first without the underachieving Benitez , i bet he'll reach the 25 mark this season if he manages to stay fit .

He outscored Ronaldo the season Ronaldo spent 3 months injured.

Let's see if he manages to do better than Cavani. As of right now, he has not reached the level Cavani did at Napoli.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:35 pm

so it's all about numbers after all ?  Cavani is better than Higuain because he scored more goals in the same team ?
Higuain is just much more refined technically and offers more than scoring .

did you see the hilarious one-two attempts that Di maria tried with Cavani ? Laughing did you see his  two comically  bad controls that prevented  two dangerous  chances for PSG ?
he does this shit in every match .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:45 pm

M99 wrote:
farfan wrote:and Higuain outscored Ronaldo at one point ...do you see Cavani doing that, ever ?

Let's see if he manages to do better than Cavani. As of right now, he has not reached the level Cavani did at Napoli.

And what level is that?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:
M99 wrote:

And what level is that?

i don't get the reasoning either .

" Cavani scored more at Napoli , therefore Cavani > Higuain "

Higuain scored more than R9 at Madrid , Higuain > Ronaldo maybe ? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:09 pm

I don't get your reasoning either. I am saying Cavani was better than Higuain at Napoli. Let's compare their two a half seasons, Cavani had the better performances. It was not all about goals, Cavani was their all round best player ever since he signed and he turned up in decisive games, performed in CL, won Capocannoniere and did not sky a penalty at a match that would have taken them to CL.

On current from I am taking your word on Higuain being better. I have not see Ligue 1 at all this season except for Di Maria's debut game and Cavani was shocking yesterday.

Sorry but like zizzle, ES I am still holding judgement on Higuain. No one doubted him to be a great striker but he is a massive choker. Let's see how he holds up as the season goes on.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:20 pm

I am saying Cavani was better than Higuain at Napoli

but that's not what's implied by most people making  that comparison .
according to them , the fact that Cavani scored more at Napoli proves that he's a superior player to Higuain .

that's too simplistic and ignores lot of variables . ( different coaches, different teammates ,Hamsik flopping under Benitez , shit defending under Benitez compared to the Mazzari era etc..)
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:24 pm

Cavani was a superior player to Higuain when he was at Napoli though... he was a monster. Don't know what's happened to him (actually, i do know lol).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:Cavani was a superior player to Higuain when he was at Napoli though...  he was a monster.  Don't know what's happened to him (actually, i do know lol).

He wasn't superior to Higuain, he wasn't even better. Higuain has always been a more complete player than Cavani. Even now Higuain is proving this by carrying this Napoli side in his own shoulders in a way Cavani never was able to. And this with little help unlike the Napoli in which Cavani played, a top 2 side in the league and CL top team. Only this season is Higuain getting similar help and it's showing in his own form aswell.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:04 pm

The revisionist history on display every time a player regresses on here is so cool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The revisionist history on display every time a player regresses on here is so cool.

I know right Laughing It's as if Cavani only scored some fluke tap ins for Napoli
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The revisionist history on display every time a player regresses on here is so cool.

You kinda called Otamendi crap after a couple of lukewarm games for City after doing well for both Porto and Valencia.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:42 pm

it's not revisionist history , it's an opinion .
Cavani was a potent goalscorer for Napoli , nobody is denying that . Higuain was just more versatile and had better technique .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:31 am

titosantill wrote:the internet has made us as football fans very harsh. wow fraud of the DECADE. don't get me wrong, i never really rated him as special, he was good for the teams he played for. but i think this age of quick information has really created blurred lines.

now he's the fraud of the decade ? yesterday that belonged to higuain, the day before it was torres, once upon a time people said robben always flopped in big games, hell, at one point people criticized suarez for scoring against norwich, and some even said he can't play on a team where he has to play second fiddle (i don't understand when playing the scottie pippen/ robin role became a compliment)

here's where i'm going with this. many teams and fans want new signings especially strikers. names like cavani, benzema, higuain, falcao, diego costa, lewa have all been thrown out there in the past couple of years, 3/4 years as potential targets for clubs. based on their resume and stats on wiki some hype them to join their team, and some don't want them for whatever reason. then they have a couple of bad games and they become the "worst footballer to have ever laced a pair of boots over the last decade or overrated"

i think if the internet, the money, the broadcasting of games from so many leagues that exists now in football where here years ago, guys like henry, batigol, vieri et al would also have their "biggest fraud of the decade" moments. people wud bash henry for the times arsenal never made it past the second round of ucl (which didn't happen till like 04), bati wud be a flop for all the times florentina "choked" when close to winning serie a, and vieri for inter losing the title to lazio on the final day

i don't even like cavani one bit, (i don't hate him either, could care less) but one miss (Which btw i enjoyed to the absolute fullest) and now he's fraud of the decade? wow

One of the best posts I've read here in a while
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:44 am

Oh yeah he was Urbie...  3 straight seasons of 40+ goals for club and country.  Cavani was absolutely monstrous.  The issue at PSG is twofold for him...  he's a direct player and possession football doesn't fit his style at all AND Ibra is playing his best position.

Cavani always showed up huge in big games for Napoli too.  He didn't have dropoff in performances. No inconsistency whatsoever, which was surprising for a CF.

I actually wanted him at Madrid badly at the time even at the expense of Benzema.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:47 am

or when there is an agenda Proud.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:08 am

I think Cavani is a great CF and is being played in the wrong position at PSG because Ibra is there. Until this year I would have considered him superior to Higuain, but now that Pipita is being played in the correct position, I kind of feel Higuain may have just a little more talent. But it's close. Neither are frauds at all. Much less of the decade.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:36 am

breva wrote:I think Cavani is a great CF and is being played in the wrong position at PSG because Ibra is there. Until this year I would have considered him superior to Higuain, but now that Pipita is being played in the correct position, I kind of feel Higuain may have just a little more talent. But it's close. Neither are frauds at all. Much less of the decade.

My main question and not for you or anyone in particular
If we accept that Higuain is better than Cavani or vice versa, are the differences massive?
How is Cavani's talented setup at PSG different from Higuain's setup at Real Madrid?
And how is Higuain's setup at Napoli different than Cavani's at Napoli?

People thinking Napoli's team was much more superior than it is now, but in reality, this season's Napoli is the best Napoli of the past 5 years, and Cavani would fit just as well as Huguain into it in my opinion

They're both talented players. I prefer Cavani just because, even though Higuain is currently undergoing a resurgence in his form, the 12 months prior were very unkind to him.

To me, everyone is too concerned with fifa stats and individual characteristics, trying to bring objectivity into it but in reality just citing their own personal opinions while putting others down

They both suck anyways

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:15 am

Memories fade quickly on GL. Nothing new...

Overall, compare their times in Napoli, Higuain is a distant second.

I honestly don't understand how is this even a debate.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:20 pm

Cavani just did in 5 minutes what Ibra couldn't do in 70. Stay mad (:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next