RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by JGUNZ Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:23 am

i think Enner Valencia can do the job at AFC

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 am

There's new floating around that Liverpool are close to Shaqiri. Would they be after both Sanchez and Shaqiri? Seems unlikely to me.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:37 am

No way Liverpool would get both Shaqiri and Sanchez. Wouldn't make sense.

Really wish we'd gone after Fernando, cheap price for the type of player we need.

Gilles Grimandi allegedly tells fans we're definitely not signing Balotelli while posing for picture.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/gooners-meet-gilles-grimandi-at-france-ecuador-arsenal-scout-rules-out-move-for-balotelli/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Arsenal preparing £21million Lars Bender move despite contract extension?

http://vivafootballcalcio.com/arsenal-set-make-new-lars-bender-bid/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Apparently there are reporting in Bilbao that Atheltic could go for Arteta as a replacement for Ander Herrera.

Interesting hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Imagine the vagi if we go into next season without a new DM and without Arteta Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Straight swap with Laporte :coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:20 pm

France Football linking us and PSG with both Debuchy and Aurier:

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Debuchy-drague-par-arsenal-et-le-psg/477587

Would be happy with either.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:45 pm

MJGunner wrote:Imagine the vagi if we go into next season without a new DM and without Arteta Laughing

I can see it  :coffee: 

Arsene: we still have Flamini, also Diaby can play there.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:53 pm

EL Patron wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Imagine the vagi if we go into next season without a new DM and without Arteta Laughing

I can see it  :coffee: 

Arsene: we still have Flamini, also Diaby can play there.

If only Wenger would give Vermaelen a chance to play there...we could be fine. Laughing 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:52 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Bq6-9uqCcAEXDSS
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 pm

I don't think we were seriously after him, but Seamus Coleman has just signed a contract extension with Everton.

Juanfran has signed a new deal with Atletico as well, I believe.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Aurier or Debuchy left. Both easily attainable.

More difficult to attain are Lichsteiner and Pisczceck.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Apparently Coleman turned us down when we weren't even interested  Suspect 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:49 pm

Aurier looking more likely then + Ivory Coast being out.

The Daily Mail reckons we're after Remy and another forward (Mandzukic, Morata, Balotelli)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2670833/Arsenal-close-Loic-Remy-Arsene-Wenger-looks-bolster-attack.html
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Jeremy Wilson of the Telegraph is reporting the same thing.

That report sort of loses a lot of credibility by throwing in Balotelli's name again, though. Wenger's already ruled that one out.

And although this has been discussed before, I don't think there's any chance we're signing two strikers.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:02 pm

still getting linked with Morata/Remy  No 
just sign Alexis
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:16 pm

We ain't signing two strikers, I doubt we're even signing one Laughing

Campbell will be like a new signing and unless we're selling Podolski we aren't getting Sanchez either.

Our options in attack will most likely be:

AM: Özil, Cazorla, Rosicky
RW: Walcott, Campbell
LW: Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski
CF: New CF, Giroud

Which would be quite strong if you ask me, of course Alexis Sanchez instead of Podolski would be better but I don't believe Wenger will have them both.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:25 pm

If you are wondering which deal Arsene is working on

https://vine.co/v/Mt0zduFUVF1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:28 pm

I wouldn't be that upset if we only signed Remy if we signed an actual DM as well.

And did a better job in not over-exerting players.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:45 pm

MJGunner wrote:I wouldn't be that upset if we only signed Remy if we signed an actual DM as well.

And did a better job in not over-exerting players.

Would be soul crushing that scenario.

Ontop of the league for 120+ days last season. We just need the key components to get over the hump and win the league. But falling short and just making moderate moves we won't win jack. They HAVE to be more ambitious. We just got 20m for Vela, ontop of the new kit deals and being out of debt, all the money available.. They HAVE to do more.

If they are just going to sign remy, then they need to cut ticket prices in half or something. Team is way to expensive to actually go and see if they don't plan on reinvesting any of the money onto the field.

I'm paying 240 per ticket just to see a bloody friendly this summer ffs.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:53 pm

I think Remy and a DM (+ RB and GK obv) would be that extra push we need.

Remy >> Bendtner and Sanogo
DM >> starting Arteta out of position

Plus, with a fit squad we could have won the league last year. That's why my being content is so dependent on us addressing our annual injury crisis.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:57 pm

The current attack isn't weak despite the numbers it produced last season. If everyone were fit we'd have scored more goals and probably wouldn't be talking about signing a wing forward this summer.

If we went into the season with Cazorla, Ozil and Walcott as first choice with Podolski, Rosicky and Chamberlain as alternatives, I'd be happy. Walcott's return cannot be underestimated; that's another 15 goals, 10 assists as well as productivity in big games.

And Remy can play on the flanks, too, so we would have the option of having a more direct goal threat there if need be.

The issue is, potentially, a lack of x-factor. Ramsey is, of course, capable of producing special moments going forward, as it Ozil, given the right tools, but I'm not sure about the others. We know Podolski, Walcott and Giroud are reliant on service, and Remy would be the same, I think. For me, that's where our attack falls short in comparison to the best attacks.

That's why a player like Sanchez, Griezmann, Cuadrado, etc. is so tempting because they're capable of making something happen without relying on service.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:05 pm

Remy and a dm imo won't make much of a difference. Especially considering how much stronger the rest of the teams are getting next season. We won't even be as good as we were last season with minimal upgrades.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:50 am

Why the hell are we not looking at Morgan Schneiderlin? When I saw him play in the french team, he did not look out of place among the other superstars of that team. Every time Arsenal has played Sotton, he has bossed the middle of the park too! And on top of everything else, he is Le FRENCH!! Would probably be the cheaper option out of all the other defensive mids we have been linked with.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:54 am

Btw, fear not guys, I know we will sign a marquee player over the summer. Puma will make us their flagship team , and will probably push us to sign a Balotelli type of player. Wenger saying he wont sign Balo means eff all. You remember how Arsene said he did not even know who Cazorla was weeks before he signed?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next