RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Sam said on Twitter that Wenger was impressed with Blind as he commentated saying he "really likes him".

This guy plays everywhere. Dutch player of the year and his assist to RIP was magnificent. Really like him.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Twoism wrote:Err Peccadillo, that kinda put down George Graham achievement, apart from his last year when Tony was deep in trouble, he regularly got us up there. Obviously Wenger is the best but for me, the gritty 1-0 George was the one got me fall in love with the team in the 1st place. There is always split of fans, even back then as long as criticism is valid, that's being said, those words were too much.

Well I'm 26.. so Georgey G was managing whilst I was learning how to not defecate in my huggies unfortunately.

Like I said I do of course have recollections of pre-Wenger, but it would be disingenuous for me to say those memories are vivid.

There's no question we were a big club pre-Wenger and have a very healthy history, but A.W really took us to the next level. He came with a vision, and we are now entering it. Its an exciting time to be a Gooner - sick of the pessimism.

Last edited by Peccadillo on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:13 pm

yeah Blind played well.. TBH though Van Gaal and Robben made this possible, no one got my juices flowing on the Arsenal front - what a game eh.. Great ball by him.

Hope this puts Casillas links to bed.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:35 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqCUizeCAAAkEs8.png

http://afootballreport.com/post/72079101700/reinvented-by-de-boer-ajaxs-daley-blind
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Real Sociedad have reached an agreement with Arsenal for the remaining 50% of Vela's rights, according to AS. 11 mil euros, apparently.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/06/13/primera/1402680773_671432.html

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:02 pm

So we got 11 mil for him, I guess that makes the deal quick which is good thing but I'm sure if we get him back, would make quite a bit more than that. I hope we have some unofficial Griezmann deal in place as well.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Let's sign robben

Spoiler:
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:23 am

Reports in Spain suggest that Real Sociedad will pay Arsenal a fee of around €11m to buy Carlos Vela.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:02 am

So we made around £15m off of Vela and Fabregas without actually selling anyone of our current squad.

Nice.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:12 am

Good business in my opinion, could have maybe used him to as leverage during our Griezmann negotiation  :coffee: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:26 am

RealGunner wrote:Reports in Spain suggest that Real Sociedad will pay Arsenal a fee of around €11m to buy Carlos Vela.

How does that work?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:49 am

We own 50% of his rights. We also have a clause that puts Sociedad at risk of losing him for £3.3m so we've told them we value the 50% we own and the clause we have at €11m
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:03 am

July 16th day we sign a player not on the free or loan or some bs

Over/under
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:08 am

£14.4m made from Fabregas/Vela deals - nice little earner.

Our transfer budget must be so high, it's crazy.

Back-up keeper, right-back, defensive midfielder and forward please Arsene!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:08 am

Jeremy Wilson didn't mention a defensive midfielder as an Arsenal transfer target.

David Ornstein did but "only at the right price". One can see where this is going.

Both mentioned a backup GK, RB and CF. Think that'll be it for the summer, no 4th choice CB, no winger and no DM.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:21 am

MJGunner wrote:We own 50% of his rights. We also have a clause that puts Sociedad at risk of losing him for £3.3m so we've told them we value the 50% we own and the clause we have at €11m

Wow, screwing them over, aren't you?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:28 am

We actually sold Vela to them for £2.5mil, which is incredibly cheap considering his talent level. Incredibly enough, that €11mil fee is the most they'll spend on any one player, and it's only 50% of him.

Jeremy Wilson didn't mention a defensive midfielder as an Arsenal transfer target.

David Ornstein did but "only at the right price". One can see where this is going.

Both mentioned a backup GK, RB and CF. Think that'll be it for the summer, no 4th choice CB, no winger and no DM.

That's my feeling as well. GK, RB and CF are clearly the bigger priorities, while DM, a winger and defender seem to be further down the list. I can understand us not getting a centre back and winger because we've a lot of good players already in those positions, but it'd be criminal and indefensible to go another window without addressing the problem in midfield.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Apparently, Wenger is keen on Seamus Coleman. Could be why we haven't followed through our interest in Aurier.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Hope we still go for Aurier, he is better than Coleman and he will cost less.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Coleman would offer a lot more than Sagna going forward but he'd be terribly pricey. Hope Wenger is right in not going for Aurier if we don't sign him. He looks like the real deal.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:29 pm

The fans love Coleman, English and all. Think he's most wanted left back last time asked, I'm also a fan but not with Gibbs on the opposite. If we buy Coleman, we really need that world class DM to shield all the holes just like Everton midfield did last year. GK & RB are given, we must buy but between CF & DM which one u guys want Arsenal to sign?

1. giroud, sanogo, some no name to replace lord bendtner and Luis Gustavo

Or

2. Balo/ Rossi, Giroud, Sanogo and Arteta/ Flamini similar to last year.

I would go with 1 but gotta a feeling it would be 2 with sneak bid for Kallstrom/ Milner
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Twoism wrote:The fans love Coleman, English and all. Think he's most wanted left back last time asked,

Confusing him with Leighton Baines, mate?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:17 pm

Nope, cant dig it out but there is one episode where Rob asked the fans about RB names the fans want on ArsenalTV
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Oh and yeah right back not left back Smile sorry on the phone
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Every day gets more depressing in this transfer window.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:31 pm

I don't know about Coleman. He is complete opposite to Sagna in playing style.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next