RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:59 am

James Rodriguez isn't a striker. Fantastic player but not who you need.

EDIT: You guys are linked with Sanchez? Playing him alone up front would be a tremendous waste of his ability unless you gave him a lot of freedom and had players like Walcott and Podolski playing off of him. He offers great movement and his vision is underrated with Barca (when you see him with Chile, you can see how fantastic of a creator he is), decent finishing as well...but like Rodriguez, he's hardly a striker, if one at all.

I think you guys would be better off having a striker that can feed off of the likes of Ozil and Cazorla. Sanchez isn't a player that will do that, if you're going to play him centrally, he should be played as he is for Chile. Barca fans right now are interested in a striker, if any of us thought Sanchez could be that guy, I don't think we would interested in one.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:11 am

Indeed, Rodriguez looks on the cusp of becoming a world class no. 10, but we're not in any need of a 10. Though that's not preventing a high number of Arsenal fans suddenly wanting him now...

I'm also glad Wenger has ruled out signing Balotelli. All this talk about how talented he is doesn't disguise the fact that his playing intelligence - decision making, off the ball movement - and application aren't good enough for a player we're supposedly meant to pay close to £30mil for.

As for Sanchez. I doubt we'd sign him to play as a lone striker. Don't know why people are thinking that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Guys, I was making a joke about James Rodriguez and a club with "a lot of money."

That's why I put the winking smiley.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:02 pm

As for Balo.. He has of course pulled these before so I wouldn't write it off yet completely/.. it may be a way of driving the price down.

But yes.. far more likely he has a longish list of alternatives he would much prefer to sign that are more Wenger-friendly.

What about this kid german Volland? He isn't what we need in terms of a mature and complete striker.. but I'm curious about him. Anyone watched him play? Suitable for our system?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:06 pm

Why listen to anything wenger says lol.

Plus it's not so much that he said " no we don't plan on signing him ever". Just no there's nothing going on right now.

Well see.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Peccadillo wrote:What about this kid german Volland? He isn't what we need in terms of a mature and complete striker.. but I'm curious about him. Anyone watched him play? Suitable for our system?

I'm no expert but Kevin Volland is one to watch, for sure. He almost made this German squad, too ... not bad at all. Can play across the front three or as a second striker, but I think most of his recent club appearances were on the right flank?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Wenger described the Balotelli rumours as, “Pure Invention.” Razz 

I think he means it, just not a Wenger type player. There has to be better option. I don’t think balotelli is worth the risk anymore.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:16 pm

I don't think anyone was seriously suggesting we go after Rodriguez :facepalm:

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:16 pm

MJGunner wrote:I don't think anyone was seriously suggesting we go after Rodriguez :facepalm:

and you wanted us to sign Balotelli  :facepalm: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Here's Arsene Wenger on beIN Sport dismissing Balotelli rumours and speaking about defending in this World Cup

https://youtu.be/XYQ6Gf8un7Q
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:46 pm

EL Patron wrote:
MJGunner wrote:I don't think anyone was seriously suggesting we go after Rodriguez :facepalm:

and you wanted us to sign Balotelli  :facepalm: 

Read my posts bruh.

I said if Wenger is convinced he can get the most out of him then I'm behind it. If not, it's no skin off of my nose.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Put Balo aside now.

I still don't think we will sign a WC forward, but a wide man.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Let's sign Shinji Okazaki. Only two less league goals than Mandzukic last season on a much weaker team ... Razz
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Kike Marin saying Alexis wants join us but Barca want to send him too Lpool as a part of Suarez deal .....
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Why does this type of garbage always get in the way of our transfers. Not that its certain that it's true but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Something allwwaayyys in the way of us getting the players we want it seems
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:24 pm

It's expected that when you go after top players such as Sanchez, you'll face opposition from other big clubs in some form.

In any case, I don't foresee Suarez leaving Liverpool. We all thought last summer that there was no way Liverpool could keep him, but in the end they did, Suarez signed a new deal and I expect them to hold Suarez to that deal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Yea Suarez has no reason to leave Liverpool. Can't see him leave yet.

If not Sanchez, then wonder who our next target is? I hope we are keeping an eye on SES as well. Reus is not possible. Griezmann could have been involved in the vela deal but wasn't so not sure if Arsene is into him

Shaqiri?
Pedro?
Victor Fischer?

Moussa Sissoko at RW?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:50 pm

If Barcelona really wanted Suarez and to trade Sanchez then the only way we could manage to change their minds would be to offer more cash for them to send Liverpool's way.

Not that I take Kike Marin's word as fact.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:58 am

From every rumour out there, the only one I do think we are after is Sanchez. I have no idea why Barcelona would be stupid enough to let him go but it's a no brainer to try for him if there is a chance he is willing to leave.

Sanchez would effectively cover every weakness we identified in the other threads. Pace, Trickery, running behind, goals from wide areas. He really would be a great signing IF we get him.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:09 am

It's going to be another transfer war between us this summer looks like. Every local and reliable LFC source saying we have legit interest in Sanchez. Phil Thompson (former player/captain and assistant/interim manager who is also currently employed as some sort of ambassador) saying he's heard Sanchez deal is already almost done.

Don't know exactly how strongly you guys are linked but our interest is legit. Can't believe Barca are actually letting this guy go. He's world class without a doubt.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:47 am

If Sanchez goes to Liverpool/Juve, we could try Cuadrado from Fiorentina, like Sanchez can play in wide positions, makes good runs, defends well, better dribbler. The only downside is he doesn't score as much as Alexis or Walcott, atleast not now but is more creative than both.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:04 am

who says they're actually letting the guy go?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:00 am

exactly, i call bs, why would barca sell sanchez? makes no sense. there is no one else better out there available in his position.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:08 am

A bit jelly that City have signed Fernando and for £12m aswell. Will be great banter when we start the season with Flamini/Arteta...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:10 am

I mean RG is spot on, there's no fault in TRYING to get him, making a bid etc, and for you to target him makes sense.

But I guess it's by no means clear he'll really be available.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:23 am

i think Enner Valencia can do the job at AFC

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next