urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:25 am

The is no £40m release clause in Suarez's contract. I'm inclined not to read into any journalists articles who claim otherwise.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:34 am

That article said absolutely nothing except that some journo thinks that Suarez will tell Liverpool he wants to join Arsenal...and then doesn't say why or have any clues as to why or any sources that might back that thought up. Which, suffice to say, ruins the credibility.

I might as well put out a story that Bale is thinking about telling Spurs he wants to join Madrid and...it would have the same credibility as that article.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:40 am

From the Sun:

Arsenal’s chance of signing ace striker comes under threat as Spanish giants Real are prepared to offer Liverpool £20million plus Argie striker Gonzalo Higuain for Luis Suarez.

Arsene Wenger’s Gunners have been chasing both Suarez and Higuain but could now lose out on their transfer targets.

Arsenal was confident of landing Liverpool’s sought-after front man for £40million.

This was despite having a £35m offer rejected and Kop boss Brendan Rodgers insisting he will not sell his 30-goal top scorer for anything less than £55m.

This could be the final nail in the coffin for Arsenal as Luis Suarez would probably take Real over a London club.
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:42 am

@McAgger,CBarca

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Boreham
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:46 am

Former Gunners captain Fabregas says his first priority is to stay at Barcelona, but his attitude will change if the Catalans accept a bid from United.

Arsenal, as revealed in Mirror Sport two years ago, have a buy-back option on Fabregas and Barcelona must inform them if they accept a bid from another club.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger remains close to Fabregas and Mirror Sport understands that they have been in regular contact.

Fabregas has been telling his friends that he will be joining 'only Arsenal' were he to play in EPL,despite Man U bidding for 30mio.
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:19 am

Arsenal are apparently monitoring Bayern midfielder,Xherdan Shaqiri.

http://goo.gl/VoogS

----------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal back for Higuain after Napoli walk away from £35m asking price.

http://goo.gl/xHqw1

Roma are expected to sign Gervinho next week.

http://goo.gl/TUjTu

Seleção Brasileira has been tweeting that Arsenal are the closest to signing Bernard.
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:32 am

<(^^,)> wrote:Arsenal are apparently monitoring Bayern midfielder,Xherdan Shaqiri.

http://goo.gl/VoogS

If only..!!

BOSS would be Proud if this were to happen. I hope all is good with him, sure miss him around here! Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:37 am

<(^^,)> wrote:@McAgger,CBarca

Never said they weren't willing to negotiate.

But his article claiming Suarez is getting ready to tell Liverpool he wants to join Arsenal is a lot different.

Doesn't mean anything, anyway. Liverpool will not sell him for that amount.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:55 am

If that is true, we only have to inform Suarez that a bid has been made. Another 9m and it could just do the trick tbh.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:06 am

http://www.havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:24 am

Arsene: Dicky. I want Gustavo.

Dicky: I’m on it.

Dicky: Hello Pep. How much for Gustavo?

Pep: 15m. A bargain but we’ve got too many midfielders.

Dicky: 6m?

Pep: Are you mad? 15m. No less.

Dicky: I remember Arsenal getting Edu for 5m. He was really good.

Pep: That was a decade ago. Times change.

Dicky: When I was a lad, you could go to the chippy, get cod and chips, a can of fanta and a mars bar from the tuck shop all for under 50p.

Pep: What is this ‘chippy’ you speak of?

Dicky: Chippy? Oh yes. Chippy Brady. He loved chips did Liam. Great player. Did I mention you could get cod and cips, a can of fanta..

Pep (butting in): Yes, you already said that. Are you willing to increase your offer?

Dicky: For what?

Pep: Gustavo!

Dicky: Don’t swear at me in foreign! Kids nowadays. I’ve a good mind to put you over my knee and give you a pasting! When I was a lad, it used to be nothing but fields around here (click…Pep hangs up and Dicky continues until the window ends).
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:34 am

Corriere dello Sport claim Napoli's €35million (£30m) offer for Gonzalo Higuain has been accepted by Real Madrid.

Reliable?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 am

I know you're trying to be very sensible and trying to speak from your mind rather than your heart but you'll have to agree that we've missed out on Jo-Jo like we did with Mata.

I'll readily agree to that if we can't get anyone else.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, though.

Reliable?

Nope. Though knowing our luck...

Anyway, seeing lots of links with wingers this morning. Am I the only one who thinks we don't actually need one?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:37 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Anyway, seeing lots of links with wingers this morning. Am I the only one who thinks we don't actually need one?

I think we can do with some quality in depth, actually. Especially if we do move on Gervinho.

I know that we have Ox, Theo, Poldi and Cazorla in those positions. But we also know Theo and Poldi provide rotation options for Giroud, while Cazorla and Ox can play CAM. I don't want to see Ramsey on the wing again.

You can make a case of promoting Gnabry or Eisfeld, but that is inexperienced back-ups. Accounting for injuries and suspensions, it would be good to have a quality player who can slot into either wing.

A lot of our perceived depth comes from versatility of some players in playing multiple roles. But when I look at Bayern or Citeh, I see a more complete squad in terms of depth without accounting for versatility of players. (Not sure how clearly I have phrased this).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:29 am

CBarca wrote:That article said absolutely nothing except that some journo thinks that Suarez will tell Liverpool he wants to join Arsenal...and then doesn't say why or have any clues as to why or any sources that might back that thought up. Which, suffice to say, ruins the credibility.

I might as well put out a story that Bale is thinking about telling Spurs he wants to join Madrid and...it would have the same credibility as that article.

i know right, such a stupid article from john cross
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:38 am

Koscielny limped out of training with an ankle knock today. Monreal apparently out until October with a back injury according to Geoff.

It begins...

Geoff also says we're going to bid £41mil for Suarez on Monday. That's not important, though.

I think we can do with some quality in depth, actually. Especially if we do move on Gervinho.

I know that we have Ox, Theo, Poldi and Cazorla in those positions. But we also know Theo and Poldi provide rotation options for Giroud, while Cazorla and Ox can play CAM. I don't want to see Ramsey on the wing again.

You can make a case of promoting Gnabry or Eisfeld, but that is inexperienced back-ups. Accounting for injuries and suspensions, it would be good to have a quality player who can slot into either wing.

A lot of our perceived depth comes from versatility of some players in playing multiple roles. But when I look at Bayern or Citeh, I see a more complete squad in terms of depth without accounting for versatility of players. (Not sure how clearly I have phrased this).

I just don't see a depth problem in attacking midfield. Up front we're one short since we only have Giroud, but behind him we've got six players for three positions and it's already hard enough giving Podolski and Chamberlain enough minutes on the pitch, let alone Gervinho, who spent a lot of the second half of the season on the bench.

It's for that reason that I just can't see how we'd be able to give someone like Ruben Garcia, Shaqiri or Bernard enough time on the pitch without somebody having to miss out more than everyone else.

Bayern's depth shouldn't be a benchmark. They're exceptions to the rule that have so much talent that they have three quality players for one position. Every other squad in world football will look at two players per position max and we have that on the flanks and in attacking midfield.

Just taking a quick look at our depth:

Szczesny/Fabiasnki

Sagna/Jenkinson - Koscielny/? - Mertesacker/Vermaelen - Gibbs/Monreal

Arteta/? - Ramsey/?

Walcott/Chamberlain - Wilshere/Rosicky - Cazorla/Podolski

Giroud/?

Seems it'd be better to sign a centre mid and a striker rather than an attacking midfield or winger. That way you can ensure that players play in their preferred position most of the time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:58 am

Why does Geoff tweet then delete tweets? hmm 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Roma confident of sealing Gervinho deal for €6m in the next week, despite the fact Arsenal want €8m, reports La Repubblica.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Geoff: Suarez to hand in transfer request in next 48 hours
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Ugh ... I'm trying hard to work up all possible enthusiasm I can for Suarez, should he come.

1. He'd certainly be a big signing, and a truly excellent player overall. (Though sometimes his advocates are blind to his shortcomings, which do exist.) 2. I would never consciously condone racism, even against bitter sporting enemies; that said, Patrice Evra is on my list of most hated footballers. 3. If he becomes an Arsenal player, I hope against hope that Suarez is coached out of his diving. I hate it when other players fabricate fouls and injuries, Arsenal or otherwise. Once in a blue moon, it's forgivable (e.g. Cazorla), but when it's a habit, it's intolerable.

Mixed feelings.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 510887
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:04 pm

<(^^,)> wrote:@McAgger,CBarca

That's a parody account on twitter. We didn't launch any bid of that figure.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Why does Geoff tweet then delete tweets? hmm 

Doesn't want Ivan to see it probably Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Roma are likely to complete a £6-8m move for #afc's Gervais Lombe Yao Kouassi 'Gervinho' next week, according to reports in Italy.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Geoff: Suarez to hand in transfer request in next 48 hours

Might speed things up. Make or Break time
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Right now would be a good time to sign a centre half, Koscielny's injury seems like a warning of things to come.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:15 pm

EL Patron wrote:Right now would be a good time to sign a centre half, Koscielny's injury seems like a warning of things to come.

Titus Bramble is without a club now, isn't he?

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Trollface
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next