urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Lex Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:01 pm

inb4manchestercitybid£50million"citywantedmemoar"saysgustavo

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by AnJl Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:13 pm

If Arsenal didn't sign Rooney, Suarez or Higuain, but strengthened in other positions with adequate to impressive signings. How would you rate the transfer window then?
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Let's bid £6m for Gustavo, get rejected. Bid £2m for Zouma, get rejected. Even bid £49m for Suarez, still somehow get rejected. And then let's go ahead and buy the Deuce off Spurs.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Chumlum wrote:Let's bid £6m for Gustavo, get rejected. Bid £2m for Zouma, get rejected. Even bid £49m for Suarez, still somehow get rejected. And then let's go ahead and buy the Deuce off Spurs.

6m would actually be Arsenal starting bid for Gustavo Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:20 pm

AnJl wrote:If Arsenal didn't sign Rooney, Suarez or Higuain, but strengthened in other positions with adequate to impressive signings. How would you rate the transfer window then?

Pretty good, but we are still lacking in number upfront. Like i said somewhere before. If we miss out on those 3, then we should just buy someone like Luis Muriel and stick with Giroud who will be better this season.

However, this won't go well with the others.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:20 pm

EL Patron wrote:
Chumlum wrote:Let's bid £6m for Gustavo, get rejected. Bid £2m for Zouma, get rejected. Even bid £49m for Suarez, still somehow get rejected. And then let's go ahead and buy the Deuce off Spurs.

6m would actually be Arsenal starting bid for Gustavo Laughing 

6m + 1st refusal on Eastmond

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:
AnJl wrote:If Arsenal didn't sign Rooney, Suarez or Higuain, but strengthened in other positions with adequate to impressive signings. How would you rate the transfer window then?

Pretty good, but we are still lacking in number upfront. Like i said somewhere before. If we miss out on those 3, then we should just buy someone like Luis Muriel and stick with Giroud who will be better this season.

Isn't that covered in the signing of Sanogo to act as the back up striker for Giroud, without forgetting that Poldi and Walcott can also play in the role?

Plus, Akpom is doing decent on the Asian tour. Wouldn't that be enough to attain at least one cup and a solid run in the Premier League, because I personally don't see us winning the Premier League for another two seasons.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:28 pm

4/10, we need a striker more than anything
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:31 pm

First refusal on a player that doesn't play for us anymore. hmm

If we signed a decent centre back to provide cover and a genuine defensive midfielder then I'd class this as a very good but incomplete summer. Not getting that striker would be disappointing but not a disaster so long as we do everything else we set out to do i.e. retain key players, sell deadwood and strengthen elsewhere.

I hope our interest in Gustavo is genuine. Is there a reason not to sign him? Especially since our first target, Lars Bender, doesn't appear to be moving this summer and whatever interest we had in Fellaini has gone completely dead.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:47 pm

AnJl wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Isn't that covered in the signing of Sanogo to act as the back up striker for Giroud, without forgetting that Poldi and Walcott can also play in the role?

Plus, Akpom is doing decent on the Asian tour. Wouldn't that be enough to attain at least one cup and a solid run in the Premier League, because I personally don't see us winning the Premier League for another two seasons.

Don't think Sanogo was signed for the 1st team at all. He will probably end up playing 40 games now lol but with him being such low profile figure, i'd say COC and FA cup at best for him with few minutes here n there against weak teams at home.

Akpom is only 17. Great talent but some way to go. That is why we need to sign someone who is either better than Giroud, or someone who is different to him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:49 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:First refusal on a player that doesn't play for us anymore. hmm

If we signed a decent centre back to provide cover and a genuine defensive midfielder then I'd class this as a very good but incomplete summer. Not getting that striker would be disappointing but not a disaster so long as we do everything else we set out to do i.e. retain key players, sell deadwood and strengthen elsewhere.

I hope our interest in Gustavo is genuine. Is there a reason not to sign him? Especially since our first target, Lars Bender, doesn't appear to be moving this summer and whatever interest we had in Fellaini has gone completely dead.

I just love to hear we released Eastmond cheers

Gustavo is a no brainer. Gilberto Silva-esque presence in midfield. Can play CB and LB. Not bad on the ball either. Regular in the Brazilian side.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:58 pm

It's a shame he's going to be joining Chelsea Smile.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:01 am

Abramovich wrote:It's a shame he's going to be joining Chelsea Smile.

u wot m8
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:10 am

Contrary to Daily fail with Napoli unwilling to pay

Napoli makes new contacts for Higuain with Real
http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/napoli-makes-new-contacts-for-higuain-with-real/
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:12 am

According to tomorrow edition of Corriere dello Sport, Real Madrid and Napoli found a deal for Higuain for 35m €

Tanker the troll tweeting this
hopefully wrong,if they pay that sum :facepalm:
then RM will come in for Suarez No
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 am

Corriere is a bad source.Wait for Di Marzio to say something about it who says wages can be a hurdle for them.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:20 am

Does it matter if Real Madrid go after Suarez? It's not like we were going to sign him anyway Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:50 am

Sure, Reward of Pessimist is being proved right or getting Surprised :coffee:

But
B.e.l.i.e.v.e .
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:22 am

Keeping real!!! We will only sign players that man city Chelsea and Manu are not interested in. It's pointless to waste time negotiating for a player and then get outbid by like 100 quids. This is so frustrating to tell me that we could not sign Jovetic for 24+ addons ... We are a joke

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:31 am

I'm still not sure if we are serious about Suarez, was 35m a teaser bid to get things started, or was it just a stupid ploy to make us think they are ambitious when they know the bid will fail
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:52 am

We're actually going for players that are better than Jovetic, though. If the club thought they couldn't get Higuain or Suarez, then I'm sure they would have done more to get Jovetic, but apparently they think they have a chance. In fact, Higuain was looking likely until Madrid upped the price.

The club could have spent £24mil + add ons and gotten Jovetic earlier in the window, but then they could have missed out Higuain for £30mil... no doubt in that situation many fans would complain we missed out Higuain. On the other hand, the club can try and get the better player in Higuain or Suarez, but then miss out Jovetic in the process and then get blamed for aiming too high and ignoring the easier target.

Not saying which approach is right or wrong, but which would you prefer the club to do: go for the harder targets, even if it meant not getting anyone, or go for the second-best-but-still-better-than-what-we-have option, even if there was a chance of getting someone better?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:24 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:I'm still not sure if we are serious about Suarez, was 35m a teaser bid to get things started, or was it just a stupid ploy to make us think they are ambitious when they know the bid will fail

If it's the latter then you've got a pretty cruel board.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:44 am

McAgger wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:I'm still not sure if we are serious about Suarez, was 35m a teaser bid to get things started, or was it just a stupid ploy to make us think they are ambitious when they know the bid will fail

If it's the latter then you've got a pretty cruel board.

What are some other examples of this kind of behavior from football boards, though? Seems more like cheesy movie 'board of villains' behavior than actual sensible organization on either a business or a footballing front.

Mind you, I'm not saying that the Arsenal board, or any board, is incapable of irrational or disorganized behavior ... just that speculation about this particular type of "teaser bid" mismanagement seems strange to me, given how many millions are at stake.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:06 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:We're actually going for players that are better than Jovetic, though. If the club thought they couldn't get Higuain or Suarez, then I'm sure they would have done more to get Jovetic, but apparently they think they have a chance. In fact, Higuain was looking likely until Madrid upped the price.

The club could have spent £24mil + add ons and gotten Jovetic earlier in the window, but then they could have missed out Higuain for £30mil... no doubt in that situation many fans would complain we missed out Higuain. On the other hand, the club can try and get the better player in Higuain or Suarez, but then miss out Jovetic in the process and then get blamed for aiming too high and ignoring the easier target.

Not saying which approach is right or wrong, but which would you prefer the club to do: go for the harder targets, even if it meant not getting anyone, or go for the second-best-but-still-better-than-what-we-have option, even if there was a chance of getting someone better?

Honestly speaking I would prefer the latter option if it implies we could get a player who can improve our squad at a relatively cheaper price a la Jo-Jo.

And you know we could still miss out on both Higgy and Suarez,if a swap deal takes place.

And we as Arsenal fans would've never complained on missing out on Higgy if we had signed Jo-Jo.If we are crazy enough to start a thread,browse for videos and scout Yaya Sanogo despite him being signed NOT for the first team,think about what'll happen if we sign Jo-Jo...

(We will only complain about missing out on Higgy only when Jo-Jo starts missing sitter in the EPL.)

I know you're trying to be very sensible and trying to speak from your mind rather than your heart but you'll have to agree that we've missed out on Jo-Jo like we did with Mata.
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:16 am

Luis Suarez is ready to tell Liverpool that he wants to join Arsenal, writes John Cross in Nagoya.

Liverpool are bracing themselves for Suarez to ask them to let him go when the Uruguayan striker flies from Montevideo to the club's training base in Melbourne this weekend.

Arsenal are growing increasingly hopeful they can do the deal and are likely to go back with an improved bid once they know whether Suarez reports up and the potential fall-out.

Suarez had his heart set on Real Madrid but the Spanish giants have not come in after making it clear that they are only prepared to pay £25m.

There is a complex £40m clause in Suarez's contract which his advisers believe is enough to allow him to leave while the Merseyside club are adamant that they only have to inform him of an offer.

Arsenal have had an enquiry rebuffed but are likely to increase their bid towards £40m, even though it may include add-ons.

But they are now confident that Suarez is keen to join Arsenal and has ditched his promise that he would not leave Liverpool for another Premier League club. It may even be significant that he mentioned being flattered by Arsenal's interest in a recent interview.

Mirror Sport understands there would be no problem with Suarez - despite being given punishments after racially abusing Patrice Evra and biting Branislav Ivanovic - in the Arsenal dressing room and they respect him as hard working.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 1062195-16989592-640-220

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Sua
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:25 am

The is no £40m release clause in Suarez's contract. I'm inclined not to read into any journalists articles who claim otherwise.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next