urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Latin American journalist Martín Charquero says Liverpool striker Luis Suárez is very close to signing for Arsenal.

Never heard of him

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Apparently Valencia are standing firm at a 25 million pound deal for Soldado.

Do you guys think he's worth that much?

I personally don't think so, but then again, Soldado is very good, would guarantee goals, and can offer AT LEAST 3 years at a top level and probably 2 more good years after that.

Spurs desperately need a striker and Soldado is probably the last real good one Spurs could snatch who would be willing to come. Benteke is gone, the jury is out on Osvaldo and there is no interest anyway.

Spurs brought in a winger and while I would like a LB as well, striker is the last, and really ONLY position in Spurs that really needs strengthening.

Buying Soldado goes a long way to Spurs getting the CL which ultimately would pay for the transfer itself. I don't like paying 25 million pounds for Soldado but I think it might be worth it in this case.

I'm just curious if you guys would pay that much for him in Spurs position?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:37 pm

RealGunner wrote:Latin American journalist Martín Charquero says Liverpool striker Luis Suárez is very close to signing for Arsenal.

Never heard of him

When I see journalist writing that Suarez is close to join us I remember that Higuain stays at Real Madrid and laugh.lol
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Soldado is extremely overrated worth 10-15m max.

If he wasn't Spanish no one would give him a seconds glance.

He's not that good of a finisher either, constantly missing chances.

But Spurs do need someone competent rather desperately so....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Goes to show how inflated the market has become. Negredo going for 20 million and Soldado is easily better than Negredo IMO. I seem to rate Soldado higher than you anyhow hmm
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 pm

CBarca wrote:Apparently Valencia are standing firm at a 25 million pound deal for Soldado.

Do you guys think he's worth that much?

I personally don't think so, but then again, Soldado is very good, would guarantee goals, and can offer AT LEAST 3 years at a top level and probably 2 more good years after that.

Spurs desperately need a striker and Soldado is probably the last real good one Spurs could snatch who would be willing to come. Benteke is gone, the jury is out on Osvaldo and there is no interest anyway.

Spurs brought in a winger and while I would like a LB as well, striker is the last, and really ONLY position in Spurs that really needs strengthening.

Buying Soldado goes a long way to Spurs getting the CL which ultimately would pay for the transfer itself. I don't like paying 25 million pounds for Soldado but I think it might be worth it in this case.

I'm just curious if you guys would pay that much for him in Spurs position?

It's harder for Spurs due to no CL. You have to pay far more to convince him.

He is not worth 25m. I'd pay 15-20m at best imo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:Latin American journalist Martín Charquero says Liverpool striker Luis Suárez is very close to signing for Arsenal.

Never heard of him

So apparently he is the same journo who reported Coates to liverpool and Cavani to PSG
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Suarez and Bernard both very close to Arsenal, Uruguayan and Brazilian sources claiming tonight.

bounce 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Never heard of him

So apparently he is the same journo who reported Coates to liverpool and Cavani to PSG

Also reported Ramirez to Liverpool 2 times.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Tbf Valencia aren't in the CL either and are anybody better than Spurs in for him?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Bernard rumors keep heating up
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 pm

CBarca wrote:

Tbf Valencia aren't in the CL either and are anybody better than Spurs in for him?

Napoli might probably have him as a fallback option if the Higuain deal fails.

Last edited by Surag on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 pm

CBarca wrote:

Don't think so.

You will probably get him. But 25m is a bit too much
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:07 pm

CBarca wrote:Goes to show how inflated the market has become. Negredo going for 20 million and Soldado is easily better than Negredo IMO. I seem to rate Soldado higher than you anyhow hmm

Nah i agree with that.... but yeah market is inflated what can you do.

As Sports said you either play the game or you don't.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Soldado is not that overrated tbh. He's scored over 20 goals for 4 straight years and 30 goals last year. He is really dynamic and, if he was more efficient, would be elite.

He's done mostly well against Madrid and he's a Madrid cantera, which is why i like him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Soldado is a better finisher than Negredo but offers less in hold-up and link-up. €25mil would be overpaying for him but he is one of the better options out there currently. Outside of the top bracket of strikers, there aren't many better than Soldado as his record shows.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:02 am

@Zizouology

BREAKING: Belo Horizonte based journalist Guilherme Guimarães has just confirmed that the possibility of Arsenal signing Bernard is high.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:08 am

Sina wrote:
@Zizouology

BREAKING: Belo Horizonte based journalist Guilherme Guimarães has just confirmed that the possibility of Arsenal signing Bernard is high.

As long as is not 99% and is not doing medical as we speak he could be right.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:10 am

Chumlum wrote:Bernard? He seems to be, but I'm going more on reputation and seeing him in a handful of games. (I don't recall him standing out much in the matches I saw either. But that could be true for every player, I'm not saying it to knock the little guy.)

He's just 20 or so. And he's tiny - like 5'5". But he's really broken out the past year or so at Atletico Mineiro & Brazil. Seems like he usually plays left forward, so to my mind he'd be a natural replacement in Gervinho's slot should the Ivorian leave this summer.

I'll echo sentiments that it'd be strange to sink so much cash on a creative flank player when DM & ST (and a back-up CB) are more pressing concerns. But maybe it's all just rumors anyway.

Yeah, just saw a video on him and he looks decent but so did Chamakh too. Here is the the link fo video if anyone wants to watch:
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:12 am

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats

BREAKING - Famous Brazil channel 'Band' says Bernard will be in London Thursday, 1 day after final, for medical, and would sign Friday. #AFC
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:25 am

we'll he is a typical arsenal player thats for sure, fast and technical
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:29 am

REWB wrote:we'll he is a typical arsenal player thats for sure, fast and technical

Wenger denied he's in for Bernard hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:30 am

srigooner wrote:
REWB wrote:we'll he is a typical arsenal player thats for sure, fast and technical

Wenger denied he's in for Bernard hmm

Also said the same thing about Cazorla and Arteta hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:38 am

He didn't deny interest. He just said the report that the player was due for a medical on Friday was not true.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:39 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
Sina wrote:
@Zizouology

As long as is not 99% and is not doing medical as we speak he could be right.

Haha Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:44 am

Odds on medical on Saturday? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next