Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Thu 23 May 2013, 09:49

ynwa wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
Ian Ayre has told
Korean media that the club are
interested in signing Son Heung-
min of Hamburg

Will post the link or a reliable link as soon as i get one. . . Looks an exciting one

He's already better than Downing, will only get better, PR reasons behind it, can play anywhere across the final third and is good. I'm all for it. Thumbs up

Spot on mate it has been some time now that we have been trying to bring in some Asian talent in the team and considering our LFC fanbase in Asia can't say it is a bad idea. But still leaves the doubt of the world class finisher we need at times.

Regarding replacing Reina for me its the most hectic part of the transfer window for us. Replacing two influential figures in the back in the same season is not ideal at all. As more time goes by Begovic seems to be the most rumored replacement not entirely sure about him.

Assaidi and Pacheco seems to be nearing exit according to the Echo.

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu 23 May 2013, 09:52

Whose this Aspas guy?? scratch Mirror reporting it thus almost no substance in this but still. . .

Go for Iago: Liverpool set to cherry-pick Aspas from relegation-bound Spaniards Celta Vigo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-iago-aspas-deal-1905327#.UZ1YEBznH40.twitter
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 23 May 2013, 09:58

Fahim89 wrote:
ynwa wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Will post the link or a reliable link as soon as i get one. . . Looks an exciting one

He's already better than Downing, will only get better, PR reasons behind it, can play anywhere across the final third and is good. I'm all for it. Thumbs up

Spot on mate it has been some time now that we have been trying to bring in some Asian talent in the team and considering our LFC fanbase in Asia can't say it is a bad idea. But still leaves the doubt of the world class finisher we need at times.

Regarding replacing Reina for me its the most hectic part of the transfer window for us. Replacing two influential figures in the back in the same season is not ideal at all. As more time goes by Begovic seems to be the most rumored replacement not entirely sure about him.

Assaidi and Pacheco seems to be nearing exit according to the Echo.

Can see Assaidi going back to the Netherlands. Pacheco is finished as a Liverpool player.

Begovic is only linked with us because Stoke are trying to get rid of him and the player has said he'd like to move to us. They signed the next Hart in January so don't need Bego anymore. I personally feel we'll go for a keeper that doesn't play in the BPL currently to replace Reina.

And Son would be a rotational player. He won't be a guaranteed starter.

I honestly couldn't care less if our next keeper is a leader or not. I'd rather the "captain/leader" types in the heart of the team. As long as the keeper can command his area and actually be a shot-stopper and restrict the opposition from scoring, he'll be okay.

And if that all goes bad, we'll simply put Suarez there. He's training there now. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu 23 May 2013, 10:08

Andy Carroll stalling over his decision. . .

The same article also suggests we have cooled our interest in Ben Arfa Sad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/22/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-andy-carroll?CMP=twt_gu
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu 23 May 2013, 10:11

The Bye-Bye list till now. .

Oussama Assaidi
Daniel Pacheco
Andy Carroll
Danny Wilson

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oussama-assaidi-dani-pacheco-join-4004697
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 23 May 2013, 10:16

Assaidi's case is so weird, we bought him only a year ago and never gave him a chance to get some proper game time at LFC. Maybe there are some other issues behind it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu 23 May 2013, 12:45

Skrtel, Agger, Papa will be brilliant for us given the circumstances. I guess, the reason we are ready to spend big on Papa is probably we wont spend another for a proper DM, at least till now didnt come accross any rumours about any DM. So I am quite OK if we get him till 15mi Euros, as far as I have seen him he can be developed as a good DM.
I guess till now we have been linked with only the Korean Son to replace Downing, would like to see more rumours for this RW position.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 23 May 2013, 13:13

Might as well put in a cheeky £8m bid for Lennon.

In Suarez and Coutinho we've got two players who can play wing-forwards as well, but personally I believe both are better in central positions. It's a positive problem, I guess, but an RW would be very welcome. Although the brave would just play Sterling and Ibe :coffee:

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 10 AbEPDwnaeX

hmm

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 10 AbEPDCxacd

hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu 23 May 2013, 13:28

Art Morte wrote:Assaidi's case is so weird, we bought him only a year ago and never gave him a chance to get some proper game time at LFC. Maybe there are some other issues behind it.
I'd like to believe it was more of a case of lack of interest during training. Besides, he was under our radar even before BR was appointed and reportedly wasn't his signing.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu 23 May 2013, 17:54

Art Morte wrote:Assaidi's case is so weird, we bought him only a year ago and never gave him a chance to get some proper game time at LFC. Maybe there are some other issues behind it.

Agreed. He must've upset BR behind the scenes somehow or really not been trying in training. It's difficult to believe that a player in his position and background in the Dutch league couldn't even get into our 18 most of the time.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 23 May 2013, 18:08

ynwa wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
Ian Ayre has told
Korean media that the club are
interested in signing Son Heung-
min of Hamburg

Finally agree with you on something after a long time. Will be a very good signing, ticks all the boxes on and off the pitch.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 23 May 2013, 18:12

Maybe he just wasn't as good as Brendan thought he would be in training. From what we saw of him, he looked decent, but never a starter caliber for a club of our stature.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 23 May 2013, 19:12

McAgger wrote:

Maybe he just wasn't as good as Brendan thought he would be in training. From what we saw of him, he looked decent, but never a starter caliber for a club of our stature.

There must be more to it than that when youngsters like Sterling and Ibe got league starts and Downing was below bar. Assaidi is an established Moroccan international who had 20 goals in 79 appearances for Heerenveen (wikipedia). I only hope that we are not losing a winger whom we got on the cheap and who goes on to become a success at some other club, because for an outsider it looks pretty clear that the guy should have gotten more chances to showcase his skills.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu 23 May 2013, 19:28

it's true that he took his chances and impressed everytime he was on the pitch but when the manager isn't interested in a player there's nothing you can do about that
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 23 May 2013, 21:33

I know and I'm cool with that as long as we're not losing a player who could have contributed much more. But that's something that only time will tell.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri 24 May 2013, 09:25

McAgger wrote:
ynwa wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Finally agree with you on something after a long time. Will be a very good signing, ticks all the boxes on and off the pitch.

You've seen the light. Razz

As for Assaidi, he wasn't a Rodgers signing as EE has stated. He didn't really suit our style. He was a counter-attacking type of player and wasn't the best in possession. Solid player in the right system, but it wasn't to be with us.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri 24 May 2013, 12:01

I dont remember if we were ever linked to Coentrao. But I read today on sky sports an interview that he wants to leave the club. It will be a brilliant signing for us, but not sure if he would like to join us and not sure how much he would cost. If somehow BR can convince him to join us

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 24 May 2013, 14:30

Not sure if spending on solid positions is wise right now. Should address top priorities first like CB,LW [ CM, GK maybe? ] first, Then use leftover resources for squad depth. Unless you plan to play Coentrao at LW
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri 24 May 2013, 15:31

The only problem for me is how much he would cost because I guess he was one of the costly signings for RM, almost 25-30mi euros. But he is such a versatile player, can play as CM, LB and LW

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri 24 May 2013, 19:14

'I'll start preparing on July 10, with all the players of Liverpool,' he said.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/metro-begovic-suggests-deal-done

Begovic was quoted saying that but not reliable sources on this . . . confusing scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 24 May 2013, 19:18

Fahim89 wrote:
'I'll start preparing on July 10, with all the players of Liverpool,' he said.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/metro-begovic-suggests-deal-done

Begovic was quoted saying that but not reliable sources on this . . . confusing scratch

Stoke officials came out already and deny it
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 24 May 2013, 20:07

I hope we are not fooled into thinking our attack is fixed for next season because we scored 71 goals (4th best in the league). It totally disguises the fact we still struggle to open the scoring and/or put games to bed. 47 of those 71 goals came in 12 games. So that leaves 24 from the remaining 26. Not good enough. Sure we open the floodgates once we take a two goal lead but we struggle a lot.

Razz That thought process comes to me in the wake of us not being linked to any attacking players in recent days. I know defense is the top priority but we should not forget that Clowning is still a starter.

My personal ideal/dream signing for the right would be Draxler (but that's impossible). I do hope we get Son or Griezmann though. Much rather them over Eriksen (which seems far fetched in itself now that he's being linked to Dortmund) however obviously I would be more than ecstatic if Eriksen were to be signed. Also if there was any funds left over for an extra striker. I would love us to pounce for Luis Muriel from Udinese. Guy looks like the next big South American forward star in the making.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 24 May 2013, 20:20

Speaking of Downing, I haven't seen any indication so far that there would be takers for him. Obviously we're still in May, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 24 May 2013, 23:30

Art Morte wrote:Speaking of Downing, I haven't seen any indication so far that there would be takers for him. Obviously we're still in May, though.
Except for Fulham, of course, who have already had an approach for a season loan rebuffed and who have also be reported to be interested in a permanent deal at the right price.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 24 May 2013, 23:55

RedOranje wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Speaking of Downing, I haven't seen any indication so far that there would be takers for him. Obviously we're still in May, though.
Except for Fulham, of course, who have already had an approach for a season loan rebuffed and who have also be reported to be interested in a permanent deal at the right price.

I think we're trying to make it look like Downing is an important part of our team and we have no intention of losing him BUT he does have a price, and if that price is met we'll let him go, otherwise we're not interested. So sort of playing hardball when in reality every associated with the club wants him gone. I like it Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat 25 May 2013, 06:19

Guys, help me.

There are some new posts in the Coutinho threads both here and in General section. But I can't access these (along with few other) threads.

So would you please repost those or post a summery of what's happening!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 43  Next