McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 26 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 26 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:47 am

Toure & Aspas deals partially confirmed. Mignolet, Alberto, Ilori & Mkhitaryan gaining serious momentum. All goes to prove a severe attention & hard work being put up by the Transfer & Scouting committee. Very exciting Summer this. Can't really wait for preseason & see all our new recruits in action.

Kudos to the transfer committee & BR. :bow:

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:54 am

tbh We sign these guys and lose Suarez? Skrtel? Reina? I dont see much momentum in the next season, There is no guarantee how the new transfers will turn out, We have to hold on to star players who are expected to give a level of performance needed. We have been in transition for a decent period of time already, Time to have a good go the league.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:01 am

Nishank wrote:tbh We sign these guys and lose Suarez? Skrtel? Reina? I dont see much momentum in the next season, There is no guarantee how the new transfers will turn out, We have to hold on to star players who are expected to give a level of performance needed. We have been in transition for a decent period of time already, Time to have a good go the league.

Rodgers has had one season to build... that's hardly a "decent period" to transform a team from upper midtable into Prem challengers. Let's not put the cart before the horses here.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:49 am

Mignolet is class, gtfi. Very Happy

I've pretty much been alone in the department of wanting / needing a new keeper, and it seem's as if it's going to happen.

Reina is just not the same player he was on the pitch. It will be sad to see him go, as he is the best keeper I've ever seen at the club but his form in the last 3 seasons have been mediocre. Barcelona will buy him for his sweeping skills / product from La Masia / or well reputation, rather than being a shot stopper.

Mignolet, for me anyway, is already the better keeper. Reina is obviously better with the ball at his feet, but not too many shots go past Mignolet. He's also very good one on one, and with our "high line" in place, we're going to need a solid keeper. This signing will be an improvement on the starting XI.

Fahim89 wrote:
Luis Suárez: "If I want to sign for another club, Liverpool should listen to the offer and they will. The word of the player is important"

There he goes again!!!! :facepalm:

Torres was no way near as bad as this guy is turning out to be :facepalm:

Marca is the Spanish version of the scum.

They're pretty much making up quotes here, imo. Suarez is pretty much focused for the Confed cup in South America. Why would he be doing an interview in Spain?

Nishank wrote:https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s480x480/993071_354471008013917_1259757526_n.jpg

:bow:
Picture saying 100 words.

What's this got to do with ANYTHING to in this thread? Hodgson is gone, and as far as I'm aware, we're not going for "free agents" and/or average/past it players? scratch

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:57 am

Going off rumours / reports:

Mignolet
Johnson Skrtel* Agger Enrique
Lucas Gerrard
Mkhitaryan Suarez Coutinho
Sturidge

*Or replacement. I'd rather Skrtel, though...

Bench: Jones, Kelly, Toure, Henderson, Allen, Borini, Aspas
IC: Luis Alberto, Ilori, Wisdom, Ibe, Sterling
Loaned out: Shelvey, Suso

Sold/Leaving: Carroll, Downing, Skrtel (maybe), Coates, Assaidi, Pacheco, Spearing, Suarez (again, maybe. Feel Madrid is going to go for Cavani/Bale so he'll stay), Carragher (retired), Danny Wilson,

2013/14 is going to be fun. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:03 am

Next season is definitely going to be exciting as we are truly going to be a force for the top 4. I know we say it every summer that next year will be our year, but we are putting ourselves in a very good position for short and long term future. Love it so far.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:15 am

McAgger wrote:Next season is definitely going to be exciting as we are truly going to be a force for the top 4. I know we say it every summer that next year will be our year, but we are putting ourselves in a very good position for short and long term future. Love it so far.

Quality in depth stands out. We genuinely have "first teamers" on the bench which we rarely had since 08/09. Even then, I'd argue the depth we have now is better than what we had in 08/09. The starting XI is obviously better back then, but the depth is on another level now.

Problem with this squad at the moment is still the defence, though. (Assuming we sign the likes of Mignolet, Mkhitaryan etc). And we have no real "long term" back-up for Lucas. Allen and/or Henderson can probably fill in for Lucas for a couple of games or so, but over 2-3 months, they'd struggle. Still over 2 months to go, though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 am

Luiz Gustavo won't be getting too much starting minutes at Bayern next season, would be a great option in the winter or next summer. Wouldn't mind a rotation between Stevie/Lucas/Gustavo for the two pivot spots at all. But that's definitely thinking too far ahead.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:46 am

Couldn't find a Shaktar thread... but anywho

Lucas "Fernando"
Yeah. There's another Lucas.
Shaktar just recently signed him from Gremio.
He's a solid defensive midfielder and he's only 19 or 20.

He went for so cheap too. We should of got him. Sad The kid is going to be star.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Enough of everything I say we get Isco & give Suarez to Malaga!!! Very Happy

Before anyone jumps on me I am just kidding . . . . but just imagine!! ISCO to DISCO at Anfield Razz !!! rofl
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:17 pm

ynwa wrote:

Nishank wrote:https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s480x480/993071_354471008013917_1259757526_n.jpg

:bow:
Picture saying 100 words.

What's this got to do with ANYTHING to in this thread? Hodgson is gone, and as far as I'm aware, we're not going for "free agents" and/or average/past it players? scratch

Joke. Calms down.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm a bit worried about having Sturridge, Coutinho, Suarez & Henrikh in the same team. All of them wants or are better in central positions. However, if all the rumored signings happen, it will not only make the bench enviable but the first team will also be more potent. Somebody please comfort me about Henrikh. I'm struggling to get a positive vibe about this guy.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:47 pm

iftikhar wrote:I'm a bit worried about having Sturridge, Coutinho, Suarez & Henrikh in the same team. All of them wants or are better in central positions. However, if all the rumored signings happen, it will not only make the bench enviable but the first team will also be more potent. Somebody please comfort me about Henrikh. I'm struggling to get a positive vibe about this guy.

I share your worry about too many central players, actually both in attack and in midfield - as that other thread of mine most likely tells everyone. But it's not like I'm despairing over the situation, you can never tell how a new player will perform in a new team - regardless of his position - and how well your players perform together. In other words I try not to look at these things too much how they look on paper, but sure you get your hunches. Mine is that an out-and-out winger might be a better signing than another central player in Mkhitaryan.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Linked with 17 different players during the past week by various different newspapers.

Lucas Piazon, Rui Patricio, Papa, Mkhitaryan, Eriksen, Lucas Digne, Montoya, Tiago Ilori, Alderweireld, Sakho, Grenier, de Vrij, Rakitic, Mignolet, Begovic, and Tom Ince.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:41 am

I just hope all our transfers (ins & outs) are sorted within mid-July so that we have a month before season kick-off.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:10 am

As first revealed by Telegraph Sport, Rodgers has identified Mkhitaryan as his flagship signing for the summer and has tabled a bid which is believed to have triggered a release clause inserted into the 24-year-old’s contract by the Ukrainian champions.

Hope this has some truth in it. hmm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10123825/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-hopes-to-buy-Shakhtar-Donetsks-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-for-20-million.html
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:12 am

iftikhar wrote:I just hope all our transfers (ins & outs) are sorted within mid-July so that we have a month before season kick-off.

The way things are moving it seems we would close majority of our deals by June only the deal for Papa might be delayed if recent rumors are to be believed.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:22 am

Now Echo are also reporting that we are facing competition for Mkhitaryan from other clubs.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-face-fight-sign-4327112?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 am

Liverpool Football Club has appointed Andy Hughes as chief financial officer to lead the club's financial operations.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lfc-appoint-chief-financial-officer

Didn't know where to post this so went with the most popular one Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Now Echo are also reporting that we are facing competition for Mkhitaryan from other clubs.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-face-fight-sign-4327112?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Think that would be more agent talk to get more money to the client.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Liverpool are pushing ahead with plans to make Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan their major summer signing.
The 24-year-old is understood to have a £20m release clause in his contract with Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk.
Liverpool have indicated they are willing to meet that figure.
Anfield officials are aware there may be competition for Mkhitaryan, who scored 25 league goals for Shakhtar last season, but are optimistic he can be persuaded to move to Liverpool.
Manager Brendan Rodgers sees Mkhitaryan, who has also been linked with Juventus and Borussia Dortmund, as a key element of his plans to add extra firepower to his side next season.
Liverpool are also in discussions with Sunderland for goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.
They have offered £8m and, while Sunderland are currently holding out for £10m, the move is fully expected to go through.
Rodgers has also signed Manchester City defender Kolo Toure and a deal in principle for Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas has been announced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22937049

Proud

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:41 pm

The Shaktar Manager has recently given an interview in Romanian newspaper. . Following are the translations. . . .

Mircea Lucescu: "Now I have to think about Mkhitaryan, because it's possible he will leave too. There is a club that is paying his buy-out clause and there is nothing we can do, we need to find someone else"

http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-extern/campionate-externe/interviu-lucescu-liderul-celei-mai-bune-echipe-din-est-ce-spune-antrenorul-despre-revenirea-in-romania-si-despre-marica-10974554#
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Okay. Liverpool seem to be trying to get Mignolet, Luis Alberto, Aspas and Ilori by the end of next week latest.

We also want to get Mkhitaryan but we're waiting for Carroll to be sold first.

That would mean Reina is off to Barcelona... but I have a feeling he'll go to Monaco. 0.o

Which would mean:

Reina replaced with Mignolet
Coates replaced with Ilori
Assaidi replaced with Luis Alberto
Carroll replaced with Mkhitaryan
Aspas signed for depth?
No Eriksen Sad

Copied my own post from the general section.

It look's as if we've improved if that's what we do.

Skrtel has also came out and said he had a chat to Rodgers and is ready to fight for a starting position. Proud

And rumours are we're pulling out for Papa because Schalke are demanding too much.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Fahim89 wrote:The Shaktar Manager has recently given an interview in Romanian newspaper. . Following are the translations. . . .

Mircea Lucescu: "Now I have to think about Mkhitaryan, because it's possible he will leave too. There is a club that is paying his buy-out clause and there is nothing we can do, we need to find someone else"

http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-extern/campionate-externe/interviu-lucescu-liderul-celei-mai-bune-echipe-din-est-ce-spune-antrenorul-despre-revenirea-in-romania-si-despre-marica-10974554#

Interesting. The only way that would be us is if Carroll is going to West Ham in the next couple of days.

Also, 20m may sound a little steep but if you think about, he'll be on small wages. And by small wages, I mean around 40k ish.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:03 pm

ynwa wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:The Shaktar Manager has recently given an interview in Romanian newspaper. . Following are the translations. . . .

Interesting. The only way that would be us is if Carroll is going to West Ham in the next couple of days.

Also, 20m may sound a little steep but if you think about, he'll be on small wages. And by small wages, I mean around 40k ish.

Well along with low wages it also shows great intent on behalf of LFC to pursue a player of his talent. So positives from all sides. Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Copied my own post from the general section.

It look's as if we've improved if that's what we do.

Skrtel has also came out and said he had a chat to Rodgers and is ready to fight for a starting position. Proud

And rumours are we're pulling out for Papa because Schalke are demanding too much.
I will be the happiest person if we dont pay unnecessarily more for Papa. Although I like him, it will be risk when we can get equally good other players in the market for the same price.
skrtel Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum: