stevieg8
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 11 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 11 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by iftikhar Sat 25 May - 6:19:59

Guys, help me.

There are some new posts in the Coutinho threads both here and in General section. But I can't access these (along with few other) threads.

So would you please repost those or post a summery of what's happening!

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 25 May - 6:37:01

There's a video posted around 12mins of Coutinho 5 months with us. Same video in both Coutinho threads.
Here's the video:

The rest is basically praise like always and some word of caution on overhyping him.

Ifti, if you can't access threads for whatever reason maybe you should pm a mod to see what the problem could be. Everything is running fine for me. Also try changing browsers to Firefox.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 25 May - 7:55:56

Oh all right, didn't know of Fulham's interest.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat 25 May - 9:37:46

Reds eyeing move for Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-eyeing-move-celta-4014493

Finally a more or less reliable source. . . Spanish league fans have highly recommended this guy. . . let's see how this spans out. :coffee:

EDIT: The same article makes reference to . . .

Lille’s talented left-back Lucas Digne is among a number of other players under consideration at Anfield.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 25 May - 17:46:20

Sky reporting - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8734591/Transfer-news-Liverpool-leading-chase-to-sign-Porto-winger-Christian-Atsu

Random names popping up for every position rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 25 May - 17:48:02

That leaves Skrtel's position uncertain, despite only signing a new deal last August, and he told Slovakian newspaper Dennik Sport: "I have not had any specific offers. But if some should come and they interest me, I would probably ponder it seriously."

But Skrtel is not in a rush to leave and respects his contract with Liverpool, who he joined in a £6million deal from Zenit St Petersburg.

Asked what percentage chance there was he would stay at Liverpool, the 28-year-old said: "I do not want to be that specific.

"The club has the biggest say in this in any case, because they have the right for it with me being contracted.

"Besides, I am not saying that I want to leave at any cost. I feel sorry for what happened in this season. But I have been here for five-and-a-half years and I have built a position here."

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 26 May - 1:16:19

Nishank wrote:Sky reporting - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8734591/Transfer-news-Liverpool-leading-chase-to-sign-Porto-winger-Christian-Atsu

Random names popping up for every position rofl

Laughing I literally have never heard of this guy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 26 May - 1:20:59

Can't say I'm too thrilled about us being linked to every other player. Can't take any rumours seriously. Makes me want to just switch off regarding any LFC transfer "news" before it's on the official site and while that might be the sensible way to approach transfer news it's not the most exciting one.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 26 May - 1:24:27

Art Morte wrote:Can't say I'm too thrilled about us being linked to every other player. Can't take any rumours seriously. Makes me want to just switch off regarding any LFC transfer "news" before it's on the official site and while that might be the sensible way to approach transfer news it's not the most exciting one.

I guess it kind of adds to excitement of the silly season. Every player your club is linked with, you imagine them in your colors and how much they could improve (or otherwise regress) your team.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 26 May - 7:58:27

Nishank wrote:
That leaves Skrtel's position uncertain, despite only signing a new deal last August, and he told Slovakian newspaper Dennik Sport: "I have not had any specific offers. But if some should come and they interest me, I would probably ponder it seriously."

But Skrtel is not in a rush to leave and respects his contract with Liverpool, who he joined in a £6million deal from Zenit St Petersburg.

Asked what percentage chance there was he would stay at Liverpool, the 28-year-old said: "I do not want to be that specific.

"The club has the biggest say in this in any case, because they have the right for it with me being contracted.

"Besides, I am not saying that I want to leave at any cost. I feel sorry for what happened in this season. But I have been here for five-and-a-half years and I have built a position here."

We continuosly fail in every transfer market because we always go for the "cheap" option ffs. Story of Liverpool's transfer history since 2009. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 26 May - 8:35:18

Oh, and before I get criticized as a "Skrtel FC fanboy", think about who we have if he's sold and the rumoured replacements...

Agger; stayed injury free for a while last season. Will he be the same next season?
Papadapolous; has just came back from a knee injury. Can't exactly rush him back and risk of him re-injuring his knee. He will have to be eased into it.
Kolo Toure; Been average at best since his return from malaria.
Ilori; Havn't even seen him play. Is he even ready for first team for a team pushing for Europe?
Coates; looks to be sold / loaned out.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun 26 May - 9:05:34

ynwa wrote:Oh, and before I get criticized as a "Skrtel FC fanboy", think about who we have if he's sold and the rumoured replacements...

Agger; stayed injury free for a while last season. Will he be the same next season?
Papadapolous; has just came back from a knee injury. Can't exactly rush him back and risk of him re-injuring his knee. He will have to be eased into it.
Kolo Toure; Been average at best since his return from malaria.
Ilori; Havn't even seen him play. Is he even ready for first team for a team pushing for Europe?
Coates; looks to be sold / loaned out.

well i see more quality & depth in there. . . Ilori so more like younger version of agger with pace bursting forward, kolo gives experience, papa is raw talent & agger's fitness regime has changed brilliantly to assure his maximum participation. So, not bad i guess.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 26 May - 9:07:35

Really? The way I see it, one long-term injury to Agger (anything over 2 months) and our seasons done.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 26 May - 9:09:28

And having "experience" doesn't mean you're good.

Joe Cole, Poulsen, Konchesky, etc. They weren't exactly great, were they? *Has nothing to do with their contract. They weren't great footballers when they were signed.*
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 26 May - 9:16:47

I reckon Skrtel's situation is going to divide a lot of our fans. Personally I'd like to see him partner Agger again next season as our first-choice CB pair. But I understand also that if there's going to be a new face for starting CB most people would like to keep Agger in the XI. Part of me wishes that Martin stays no matter what and another part wishes that he'd tell Rodgers "if I won't be starting, sell me", because he's too good to be sitting on the bench, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun 26 May - 10:04:37

ynwa wrote:Really? The way I see it, one long-term injury to Agger (anything over 2 months) and our seasons done.

Well an injury of that sort would hurt even if Martin says. So, if you put the argument like that there is no point in me pursuing the topic. But as i said his fitness regime has ensured more efficiency from him. So, definitely a positive for us.

I have not thought of Kolo in the same category as the Experience names you mentioned so don't really understand the argument.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun 26 May - 12:40:57

Melly ‏@MelwoodLFC

Goodbye Pepe Reina, thanks for the memories.. #LFC goalkeeper has said his goodbyes to staff and cleared his belongings out of Melwood

I don't know how reliable this is, but i can safely say, if we do lose renia, that's another department we've just downgraded in.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun 26 May - 13:41:57

I am so much concerned with loosing players in this season. frracking unbeleivable if BR is trying to rebuild the whole back line because we have just lost carra. If we do loose reina and if skrtel too, i dont want ffs excuses in the next season.

i always thought we are going to rebuild in whatever we have acheived in this season and improve in the area of weakness. I am not being too skeptical here but if we seriously loose three of the backline players, i dont know how we will challanege for anything in next season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun 26 May - 13:52:35

mr-r34 wrote:Melly ‏@MelwoodLFC

Goodbye Pepe Reina, thanks for the memories.. #LFC goalkeeper has said his goodbyes to staff and cleared his belongings out of Melwood

I don't know how reliable this is, but i can safely say, if we do lose renia, that's another department we've just downgraded in.

O where did that come from suddenly . . i thought it might happen but if that's true that is too fast! Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 26 May - 14:47:46

mr-r34 wrote:Melly ‏@MelwoodLFC

How reliable is this?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun 26 May - 19:16:10

"Melly"?

I think it's fairly safe to say that if there was someone in the club who's handle was "Melwood" and who leaked information about deals and such the club would pretty quickly sort out who it is and release them from their position.

Reina may yet leave this summer, but I'm fairly certain this is just another Internet Bullshit Artist account looking for some attention.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon 27 May - 9:44:51

Brendan Rodgers is confident of landing both Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Kolo Toure in the next few weeks. [Liverpool Echo]

No
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon 27 May - 10:16:28

Oh no, we're going to sign an extremely highly rated young CB who seems to tick all the boxes and an experienced CB who can provide leadership and squad depth, how terrible! Rolling Eyes

Seriously though, there's no reason whatsoever to be upset with those deals unless Toure ends up on huge wages.

On a semi-related note: It's going to be a loooooooooong summer with a great deal of ridiculous reports in the papers (nevermind on the internet) and the speculation tends to annoy the piss out of me. It's nigh inevitable that I will be grumpy with some of the stuff that gets posted and I will snap at people through sarcasm or general gruffness. I'll apologise in advance but just remember that you probably deserve it anyway. Razz

And I cannot promise I will not ban Sepi if I see a post claiming the owners are forcing a sale or the like citing "sources."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon 27 May - 10:52:53

Oh no, we're going to sign an extremely highly rated young CB who seems to tick all the boxes and an experienced CB who can provide leadership and squad depth, how terrible!
..except that I wanted both of those qualities in a single player, not to mention Toure is way past his prime

Agger-Papadopolous and Agger-Toure both are liability duos

ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 27 May - 11:22:20

If toure really really comes on so low wages as we are hearing in rumours, I will be really happy with this deal. I have seen him once or twice playing for man city in some big games, he played good. You never know, under BR he can be rejunivated near to his best what he can give at this age (something similar like carra).

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 27 May - 11:51:30

My satisfaction with the Toure deal will depend largely on the contract length (and wages, but assuming here they will be modest).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 43  Next