Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 23 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:08 am

Allen - Yes please.
Dempsey No.
Walcott????????? 50/50

Would be happy with that.

Walcott wants large wages, no? The reason the talks broke down for Arsenal.
Saying that, he is class and could help out.

Would rather we splash it on Jovetic, keep Aquilani and move Gerrard as an "inside forward". That way, we only need cover for Lucas and our transfers are complete. Twisted Evil

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:24 pm

donttreadonred wrote:NESN.com is not to FSG what LFC.com is to LFC. NESN is being confused with NESV (a previous name of FSG). NESN is New England Sports News and IS owned by FSG. However, it is a network devoted to covering North American news, specifically the Boston Red Sox and the Boston Bruins. It is far from the end-all source of information on all of FSG's dealings. For that I would trust the individual websites of FSG owned groups, such as LFC.com.

Now, here's the thing... NESN often posts stories on delay, as they are not directly privy to information within FSG and merely report as any other news outlet focusing on REGIONAL(New England) franchises and others owned by FSG. In addition, they often post reports taken from other sources more directly in contact with clubs such as Roma and Liverpool. It's really not much different than LFC.com posting a story like "Dempsey set to Join Liverpool" in their transfer watch section. The only difference is that it is made abundantly clear that the transfer watch section is unofficial. The only thing wrong with NESN's report is that people are mistaking it for an official LFC release. In reality, it is far from that.

Really, I'm not confusing NESN for anything. I've watched the channel almost daily since age 5. I'm not saying that FSG has direct control over NESN's press section, but you (and Red) are comparing NESN to the Boston Globe. It's not a regular media outlet, it is directly affiliated with the ownership group; and the article was not posted in a rumor section, it was posted in the news area. This is not CaughtOffside posting a rumor they heard, or even ESPN reporting something from inside sources, this is a website of a company economically tied to FSG, and thus is considered more official.

Now don't take this to mean that I think there are any true implications within the story. This doesn't mean FSG announced a Dempsey signing that hasn't quite happened yet, or anything of the sort. What it DOES mean, though, is that someone directly tied to the organization made a PR gaffe of enormous proportions. This situation shouldn't be downplayed as a website accidentally posting a rumor in the wrong section, and it is not "far from" an official announcement from LFC. It was a major mistake and a break - at the very least by a low level employee affiliated with the team - from LFC's standing policy of silence on transfers.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:38 pm

ynwa wrote:Would rather we splash it on Jovetic

Jovetic would only join a CL club.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Sky Sports understands Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Swansea City midfielder Joe Allen.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers confirmed his interest in Allen earlier this week as he looks to rebuild the squad at Anfield.

As revealed by Sky Sports earlier this week, Liverpool were preparing a bid for Allen and both clubs are thought to be in advanced talks as they look to thrash out a deal

Allen, who is away with Team GB at the Olympics, is thought to be keen on a move to Liverpool to be reunited with Rodgers.

Swansea are reluctant to lose the midfield schemer, but know they will not be able to resist a big-money offer for Allen.

Allen is thought to have a release clause in his contract and Liverpool are believed to be ready to match the £15million fee to land the Wales international.

Swansea are already looking at possible replacements for Allen with Spanish midfielder Michu poised to make the switch to the Liberty Stadium.

Rodgers is keen to get a move for Allen wrapped up as soon as possible as he looks to add the midfielder to the signing of Fabio Borini.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Wonder what happens to Adam / Aqilani future if we sign Allen.

Allen / Henderson Lucas / Spearing

Gerrard / Aquilani / Shelvy

Suarez / Cole / Sterling Bornini / Caroll Dempsey / Downing / Pacheco

Think this will be our starting lineup come Sep 1.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Shelvey is buried deep in that depth chart, anyone knows if they are looking for a loan option for him? Henderson has the price tag on his side and will get his time but I don't think I can stand watching Shelvey on the bench next season, I think he's better than that.

Perhaps Swansea loan? or another PL club.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Especially because Cole will probably be used more in that CAM role than as a winger too... pushes Shelvey down to fourth. Of course injuries change the best laid plans.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Do people really want to start the new season with only Spearing as cover for Lucas again? After our struggles without Lucas last season surely a midfielder who can deputise at CDM is more important that another CM.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:39 pm

RedOranje wrote:Do people really want to start the new season with only Spearing as cover for Lucas again? After our struggles without Lucas last season surely a midfielder who can deputise at CDM is more important that another CM.

I wouldn't know because I haven't seen him play, but wasn't someone on here (possibly you) suggesting Allen could be that cover?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:07 pm

15mill for Allen :facepalm: If this transfer goes through for that amount of money then we didn't learn shite from last summmer
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:43 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:15mill for Allen :facepalm: If this transfer goes through for that amount of money then we didn't learn shite from last summmer

Well Swansea's arguement just might be " I know what you did last summer!" Razz

It might be something around 10-12m + add ons not a straight 15m
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:03 am

stevieg8 wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Do people really want to start the new season with only Spearing as cover for Lucas again? After our struggles without Lucas last season surely a midfielder who can deputise at CDM is more important that another CM.

I wouldn't know because I haven't seen him play, but wasn't someone on here (possibly you) suggesting Allen could be that cover?

I've asked about it, but I personally don't know if Allen can play in the holding position in Rodgers' set up. I do know that, with the added passing responsibility Rodgers puts on the position, I would not be comfortable with Spearing playing there for any extended period though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:19 am

"I love Borussia, but I cannot rule anything out," Grosskreutz told Sports Image. "It would be a dream to play for Liverpool at some point. England is a dream for any footballer."

Grosskreutz's comments as reported yesterday. Very odd set of quotes. I can't tell if it's a "come-and-get me" plea or not.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:53 am

RedOranje wrote:

"I love Borussia, but I cannot rule anything out," Grosskreutz told Sports Image. "It would be a dream to play for Liverpool at some point. England is a dream for any footballer."

Grosskreutz's comments as reported yesterday. Very odd set of quotes. I can't tell if it's a "come-and-get me" plea or not.

Saw this up on Twitter it felt totally a random comment . . Btw how is the guy? haven't heard about him.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:18 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:15mill for Allen :facepalm: If this transfer goes through for that amount of money then we didn't learn shite from last summmer

I agree, no way we should spend £15m on a CM with our plentiful options in that area.

BBC reporting that Juventus want Van Persie and Suarez, I wonder whether they've been fooled to believe Italian media's wild rumours or there's actually a bid coming. No way we'll sell him, of course, unless the player wants to leave...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:23 am

Grosskreutz would marvel in Rodgers pressing game. The guy is a younger version of Kuyt, only he's more of winger than a forward unlike Kuyt, and he is better technically than Dirk. If there is any truth to those quotes then we should look into him, because he's made to play BR's style of football.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:32 am

Art Morte wrote:
BBC reporting that Juventus want Van Persie and Suarez, I wonder whether they've been fooled to believe Italian media's wild rumours or there's actually a bid coming. No way we'll sell him, of course, unless the player wants to leave...

Yeah i read that, its utter crap..Funny thing is nothing like that is reported in the Italian Media and neither of them are our "main" transfer targets.(Atleast going by what Italian sources suggest).
Its only the English newspapers who are making up this news.At this point i think you would rather trust the Italian sources(who would have more of a clue over Juventus' transfer activity) over English newspapers.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 am

Surag wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Yeah i read that, its utter crap..Funny thing is nothing like that is reported in the Italian Media and neither of them are our "main" transfer targets.(Atleast going by what Italian sources suggest).
Its only the English newspapers who are making up this news.At this point i think you would rather trust the Italian sources(who would have more of a clue over Juventus' transfer activity) over English newspapers.

Well yeah, it's just rare for the BBC to make such blunders.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Grosskreutz would marvel in Rodgers pressing game. The guy is a younger version of Kuyt, only he's more of winger than a forward unlike Kuyt, and he is better technically than Dirk. If there is any truth to those quotes then we should look into him, because he's made to play BR's style of football.

This.

Guy almost single handedly locks down his side despite Pizceck being out of position all the time.

@Red...DM is wierd because if Leon Briton was a DM in Rodges system last year then I think you have to be careful as to what type of player you're going to sign, someone like Gago would've been good, someone like Assamoah would've been perfect....but DM's with great distribution skills are a tough find.

And it's definitely not a come and get me plea, I think he's just saying he likes Liverpool.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:04 pm

-----------------Reina
--Johnson---Skrtel---Agger---Enrique
-----------------Lucas
-------------Gerrard---CM
-----Gaston?-------------Suarez
-----------------Borini

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:29 pm

This was touched on briefly earlier in the thread, but something to think about... Much more so than Carroll, doesn't Adam not fit into BR's system at all? He had an even poorer season than Carroll last year, and I could not imagine him fitting into a tiki taka short passing team; his hollywood balls and complete lack of mobility would render him pretty useless. Not sure if we can find any takers, and it's not like he's on stratospheric wages, but would anyone be surprised if he just wasn't played this season?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm

stevieg8 wrote:This was touched on briefly earlier in the thread, but something to think about... Much more so than Carroll, doesn't Adam not fit into BR's system at all? He had an even poorer season than Carroll last year, and I could not imagine him fitting into a tiki taka short passing team; his hollywood balls and complete lack of mobility would render him pretty useless. Not sure if we can find any takers, and it's not like he's on stratospheric wages, but would anyone be surprised if he just wasn't played this season?

He has got his moments. If he does not get sold - could see QPR, Stoke or West Ham buying him - I think he will get some chances to play. Plus there's the chance Rodgers' System won't always work and that's when we could use different sort of players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:14 pm

stevieg8 wrote:This was touched on briefly earlier in the thread, but something to think about... Much more so than Carroll, doesn't Adam not fit into BR's system at all? He had an even poorer season than Carroll last year, and I could not imagine him fitting into a tiki taka short passing team; his hollywood balls and complete lack of mobility would render him pretty useless. Not sure if we can find any takers, and it's not like he's on stratospheric wages, but would anyone be surprised if he just wasn't played this season?

Even though i agree Adam is unlikely ton fit into Roger's system and would be happy if we sell him , He definitely had a much better season than Carroll.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:22 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Even though i agree Adam is unlikely ton fit into Roger's system and would be happy if we sell him , He definitely had a much better season than Carroll.

Granted this is a very subjective way to look at it, but I found myself screaming at the TV in frustration much more often with Adam than with Carroll.

Art Morte wrote:
He has got his moments. If he does not get sold - could see QPR, Stoke or West Ham buying him - I think he will get some chances to play. Plus there's the chance Rodgers' System won't always work and that's when we could use different sort of players.

I wasn't at all saying he doesn't have his moments; I think in last years team he would've contributed well as a back-up/squad player. I was just saying that with all the talk about how Carroll won't fit into BR's system (which I disagree with), I'm surprised nobody's talking about Adam in the same way, because it's much more clear to me that he would fail in that style. Granted he would provide us with a different option, but if Carroll isn't being given that benefit of the doubt, I think the argument is much stronger with Charlie.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:38 pm

You would think Adam would be high on the list of potential sales, as his penchant for dawdling on the ball and trying to play a hollywood ball make him a poor fit for the type of game Rodgers wants the team to play. That said, Brendan may want to see if Adam can adapt before showing him the door. There is talk of Fulham wanting Adam in exchange for Dempsey (with cash going one way or the other).

The Carroll rumours, as I've previously said, were the media making a mountain of a mole-hill, so to speak, and have since died down. I'd rather keep Carroll than Adam, honestly, as we have plenty of options in CM but relatively few up top and I think Carroll has greater potential to be an influential player for us over the long run. That said, I'll trust Rodgers' judgement on the situation.

@mt: Gaston Ramirez is not joining Liverpool this window.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:51 pm

RedOranje wrote:You would think Adam would be high on the list of potential sales, as his penchant for dawdling on the ball and trying to play a hollywood ball make him a poor fit for the type of game Rodgers wants the team to play. That said, Brendan may want to see if Adam can adapt before showing him the door. There is talk of Fulham wanting Adam in exchange for Dempsey (with cash going one way or the other).

The Carroll rumours, as I've previously said, were the media making a mountain of a mole-hill, so to speak, and have since died down. I'd rather keep Carroll than Adam, honestly, as we have plenty of options in CM but relatively few up top and I think Carroll has greater potential to be an influential player for us over the long run. That said, I'll trust Rodgers' judgement on the situation.

Exactly. Could not agree with this entire post more.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 43  Next