Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 22 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Andy Carroll: Liverpool reject Newcastle loan offer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18850955

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 22 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 am

Said it before, and I'll say it again... Rodgers only said Carroll will be moved on to get him motivated to fit into the system. It's something Mourinho is known for, and Rodgers worked for him.

Look at Gomez and Benzema, both flopped their first seasons... were told they needed to step up or be sold and came out firing.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 pm

seeing reports that liverpool will only sell carroll for around 15 mil, as dictated by ownership. doubt we'll get an offer that high, so that solves those problems.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Ben Smith of BBC suggesting our interest in Walcott is genuine . . scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:15 pm

stevieg8 wrote:seeing reports that liverpool will only sell carroll for around 15 mil, as dictated by ownership. doubt we'll get an offer that high, so that solves those problems.

If we pay even 10m i will be very very angry. In fact i dont want this at all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:seeing reports that liverpool will only sell carroll for around 15 mil, as dictated by ownership. doubt we'll get an offer that high, so that solves those problems.

If we pay even 10m i will be very very angry. In fact i dont want this at all.

i feel like most fans would feel that way, understandably. he's promise and not performance at this point, and with the media storm that's surrounded him, 15 mil would be a VERY risky investment.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Ben Smith of BBC suggesting our interest in Walcott is genuine . . scratch

Why would Walcott swap Arsenal to Liverpool? They're currently better than us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Ben Smith of BBC suggesting our interest in Walcott is genuine . . scratch

Because he's been a Liverpool fan since childhood. We should try to involve Downing in a swap deal :I'munoriginal:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:54 am

Art Morte wrote:

Supposedly, he's not happy that the club might sell RVP; he was in and out of the starting lineup this past season; reportedly he's a lifelong Liverpool fan; and Arsenal brought in Gervinho last year and both Podolski and Giroud this season, meaning that they're attacking options seem to be crowding him out. There's also the possibility that he wants to be part of Liverpool's "project" and likes BR as a manager.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:26 am

I suppose I'm the only one who'd actually be pretty excited about a Walcott move Razz

I rate him higher than most and I think he's been misused at Arsenal but hey, we already covered this with Borini although I think Walcott could just make the attack amazingly lethal.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:01 am

I would be very happy to land Walcott, if the price wasn't exorbitant. He's got real pace which we lack outside of Bellamy and he can finish, even if he's inconsistent in front of goal. Theo really learned the trade with Arsenal as well, so while he has some failings in a quick passing system he at least understands it. And given his age he can and should still improve.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Liverpool's owners, Fenway Sports Group, claim in a video on their website that they have added Fulham striker Clint Dempsey to their squad for the upcoming tour of North America.

"The team has added Fabio Borini and Clint Dempsey to a team that game [sic] within a game of winning the FA Cup," the video's blurb states.

Fulham deny receiving a bid from Liverpool for striker Clint Dempsey, after the Merseysiders' owners published an article on their website in which they suggested the American had joined the club.

Dempsey's name has now been removed from the Fenway Sports Group web post.

:facepalm: :facepalm:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:35 pm

BTW, I think the owners and the scouts are clueless, I assure you the guy who just signed for Swansea (Michu) is as good if not better than Dempsey and was available for less.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Liverpool's owners, Fenway Sports Group, claim in a video on their website that they have added Fulham striker Clint Dempsey to their squad for the upcoming tour of North America.

"The team has added Fabio Borini and Clint Dempsey to a team that game [sic] within a game of winning the FA Cup," the video's blurb states.

Fulham deny receiving a bid from Liverpool for striker Clint Dempsey, after the Merseysiders' owners published an article on their website in which they suggested the American had joined the club.

There was also a mention from Fulham that "its not that the transfer is NOT on" sort of that language. . scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Le Samourai wrote:BTW, I think the owners and the scouts are clueless, I assure you the guy who just signed for Swansea (Michu) is as good if not better than Dempsey and was available for less.

It is presumed that Michu has been bought with prominent transfer of Joe Allen out of Swansea . . likely destination can be Liverpool scratch

RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS!!!!!!!!!

Also rumors of Demba Ba+Cash for Carroll . . . i personally would love that (if it has any hint of truth in it Razz ) scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Also rumors of Demba Ba+Cash for Carroll . . . i personally would love that (if it has any hint of truth in it Razz ) scratch

There's more chance of me becoming a Liverpool fan than that happening.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

There's more chance of me becoming a Liverpool fan than that happening.

Good one drinking
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-reveals-dempsey-enquiry

Brendan Rodgers today revealed that Liverpool have made enquiries about Fulham striker Clint Dempsey.

In an interview with Liverpoolfc.com at the team hotel in Boston, the manager moved to clarify the club's position on the USA international, who scored 23 goals for Fulham last season.

"Clint is a player we've enquired about, it is as simple as that," said Rodgers.

"Ian Ayre, our managing director, has spoken with the club to see what the position is. That is where we're at.

"He's a very talented player but we don't like to talk about other clubs' players."

Meanwhile, Rodgers also spoke about Andy Carroll and insisted a possible loan move away from Anfield would not be entertained.

"There has been a lot written and spoken about him but first and foremost Andy is a Liverpool player," said the boss.

"To consider a loan period for someone the club spent £35million on isn't something we're looking to do at this moment in time.

"Andy will be the same as every other player - if there's ever an offer that comes in we'd look at it as a club and see if it's going to be worthwhile for the club and the team as a whole.

"The club invested £35million in him. People talk about whether he can fit into my style or not, but if you're a club and you spend £35million on a player you'd like to think he can fit into whatever style the team plays.

"He's a good player. He'll join the rest of the group next week and we'll take it from there."
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:48 pm

So im thinking if we get dempsey at the right price, BR will certainly go for him, as for carroll, looks like unless we get 15mil plus, hell be a lfc player next year.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Art Morte wrote:

HUGELY deceiving report, that.

The NESN website, where the report they are referring to was, is not directly run by FSG, nor did the report saying Dempsey had joined originate there. They website, much like Liverpool's and many English sites, pulls articles from other sources and puts them up (think the transfer rumour rounds-ups). The report about Dempsey was written by an American journalist for another news source and simply reposted on the NESN site. Poor mistake to miss that error when they brought it over, but it was not the NESN reporters that wrote the report. Whoever brought it to England either mistakenly (through yet more bad reporting) or deliberately reported it in a misleading way.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:21 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

The NESN website, where the report they are referring to was, is not directly run by FSG, nor did the report saying Dempsey had joined originate there. They website, much like Liverpool's and many English sites, pulls articles from other sources and puts them up (think the transfer rumour rounds-ups). The report about Dempsey was written by an American journalist for another news source and simply reposted on the NESN site. Poor mistake to miss that error when they brought it over, but it was not the NESN reporters that wrote the report. Whoever brought it to England either mistakenly (through yet more bad reporting) or deliberately reported it in a misleading way.

FSG does not have direct ownership or control over the website or channel, but their ties are EXTENSIVE and the two are pretty much one and the same. Yes, the report was originally posted elsewhere, but this is honestly equivalent to the article having gone up on LFC.com's front page and then being taken down. It wasn't posted in a rumor or blog section, it was posted as a news article, and in that section of NESN's website, the assumption is that information is coming from ownership. It was a fairly embarrassing gaffe by ownership that have made quite a few between their two clubs recently.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:23 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
RedOranje wrote:

FSG does not have direct ownership or control over the website or channel, but their ties are EXTENSIVE and the two are pretty much one and the same. Yes, the report was originally posted elsewhere, but this is honestly equivalent to the article having gone up on LFC.com's front page and then being taken down. It wasn't posted in a rumor or blog section, it was posted as a news article, and in that section of NESN's website, the assumption is that information is coming from ownership. It was a fairly embarrassing gaffe by ownership that have made quite a few between their two clubs recently.

WHAT?!?

You're joking, right? An article posted on a news site in the US, originating from a writer with no ties to the sport really and especially the club is someone equivalent to the club's own PR team making the mistake of posting an article on the club's official site? Laughable, and hugely incongruent.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Indirectly or directly it has been made clear that Dempsey & Allen are targets . . . & maybe we are in negotiations. Lets see how it spans out in time . . . hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 pm

RedOranje wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
RedOranje wrote:

WHAT?!?

You're joking, right? An article posted on a news site in the US, originating from a writer with no ties to the sport really and especially the club is someone equivalent to the club's own PR team making the mistake of posting an article on the club's official site? Laughable, and hugely incongruent.

You missed my point by miles. I'm not saying the report as it relates to LFC is equivalent to going up on the Liverpool website, I'm saying the report as it relates to the OWNERS is like the relationship between something going up on LFC.com and the club. NESN.com is to FSG as LFC.com is to LFC, was my point, which disputes the basis of your original post - namely that this was unconnected from the owners. Which is completely false.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:04 am

NESN.com is not to FSG what LFC.com is to LFC. NESN is being confused with NESV (a previous name of FSG). NESN is New England Sports News and IS owned by FSG. However, it is a network devoted to covering North American news, specifically the Boston Red Sox and the Boston Bruins. It is far from the end-all source of information on all of FSG's dealings. For that I would trust the individual websites of FSG owned groups, such as LFC.com.

Now, here's the thing... NESN often posts stories on delay, as they are not directly privy to information within FSG and merely report as any other news outlet focusing on REGIONAL(New England) franchises and others owned by FSG. In addition, they often post reports taken from other sources more directly in contact with clubs such as Roma and Liverpool. It's really not much different than LFC.com posting a story like "Dempsey set to Join Liverpool" in their transfer watch section. The only difference is that it is made abundantly clear that the transfer watch section is unofficial. The only thing wrong with NESN's report is that people are mistaking it for an official LFC release. In reality, it is far from that.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:08 am

Allen - Yes please.
Dempsey No.
Walcott????????? 50/50

Would be happy with that.

Walcott wants large wages, no? The reason the talks broke down for Arsenal.
Saying that, he is class and could help out.

Would rather we splash it on Jovetic, keep Aquilani and move Gerrard as an "inside forward". That way, we only need cover for Lucas and our transfers are complete. Twisted Evil
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next