Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 21 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Dempsey (obviously)
Tello scratch
Walcott confused

The names doing the rounds in the rumor pages . . .

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 21 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:41 pm

I think there is zero chance of us singing Tello and probably same with Walcott.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:24 pm

I wouldn't want Walcott, not with the fee he would come. Don't know why on Earth he'd want to leave Arsenal anyway, a load of rubbish all rumours surrounding him if you ask me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Walcott wants to be a centre forward and is a Liverpool fan....I would welocome him, I think he'd work well as an inside forward.

Johnson------------------Enrique
-------------Lucas---------------
------Gerrard------Whoever (Shelvey preferably)
----Walcott--Suarez---Borini--------------

Both the fullbacks provide Width everything is nicely spaced,balanced, I like it alot , but things don't always translate from paper like this.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Walcott wants to be a centre forward and is a Liverpool fan....I would welocome him, I think he'd work well as an inside forward.

Johnson------------------Enrique
-------------Lucas---------------
------Gerrard------Whoever (Shelvey preferably)
----Walcott--Suarez---Borini--------------

Both the fullbacks provide Width everything is nicely spaced,balanced, I like it alot , but things don't always translate from paper like this.

That's just transplanting his problem from a club in the CL to one in the EL. And I can't see us being any more willing to match his supposed wage demands anymore than Arsenal are.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Not exactly.

There'd be a subtle difference in role and function here , at Arsenal he's asked to create, take on fullbacks, cross with his weaker foot, do alot of stuff that he on a very basic level isn't equipped to do.

Here, he'd just be asked to make runs score goals and cut in, narrowing his role to one more suitable to maximize his limited but considerable skill.

On the wages, Liverpool to my knowledge doesn't have a policy like Arsenal which directly prevents them from meeting the demands.......but as you said, it's likely they won't be matched.

So it comes down to the fact that he's a fan and might be willing to take a pay cut, which is probably a longshot, but I'm just saying, I'd welcome him.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/theo-walcott-why-i-m-a-liverpool-fan
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:02 pm

rumors saying newcastle have bid for carroll, loan with option to buy. rumors also saying liverpool's only looking to sell outright, not for a loan deal :facepalm:

i don't understand why we'd make our weakest area - attacking - even weaker by giving up on a player who has looked more promising in the last six months than he has at any other point in time with the club. i honestly think selling carroll right now will come back to haunt liverpool more than the original 35 mil signing would.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:11 pm

On Walcott:
Rodgers' system required the wide forwards to take on fullbacks and cross at times as well, they don't only cut inside. Walcott would still be required to do a lot of the same work he's doing at Arsenal for us.

On Carroll:
I still believe the papers are reading between the lines on some of Rodgers' comments and running with it because so many people believe what they print. So far the manager has said that Carroll needs to prove he can fit the system and that he will have the chance to, and refused to rule out a loan. Carroll has yet to train with Brendan so unless he was lying when he said that Andy will get the chance to prove he deserves his place no decision has been made on the big man's future. I have a feeling Carroll will still be at Liverpool come September, but only time will really tell.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:16 pm

RedOranje wrote:On Walcott:

On Carroll:
I still believe the papers are reading between the lines on some of Rodgers' comments and running with it because so many people believe what they print. So far the manager has said that Carroll needs to prove he can fit the system and that he will have the chance to, and refused to rule out a loan. Carroll has yet to train with Brendan so unless he was lying when he said that Andy will get the chance to prove he deserves his place no decision has been made on the big man's future. I have a feeling Carroll will still be at Liverpool come September, but only time will really tell.

I agree with your assessment of the situation, as shown from my earlier post on Rodgers' comments - but Rodgers doesn't control the bids coming in from outside teams, and his comments, along with the media reaction that has gone with them, have encouraged more activity on that front in my opinion. I'm worried that if he is considering it as a possibility, the increase in outside interest will make it more likely to come to pass. It worries me that there is so much discussion about him on his way out at the moment.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:29 pm

stevieg8 wrote:rumors saying newcastle have bid for carroll, loan with option to buy. rumors also saying liverpool's only looking to sell outright, not for a loan deal :facepalm:

i don't understand why we'd make our weakest area - attacking - even weaker by giving up on a player who has looked more promising in the last six months than he has at any other point in time with the club. i honestly think selling carroll right now will come back to haunt liverpool more than the original 35 mil signing would.

Hardly a rumor really. It's been confirmed by Sky, BBC and everyone else in between.

I don't know what to think of it really, the whole idea of it just makes me laugh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Brendan Rodgers - someone I didn't fancy when he joined us and like less and less towards the start of the season. What he should do is come out and say Carroll is going nowhere. Otherwise he'll make us a joke. I mean wtf, first paying £35m for a player and then looking to loan him out to the same club??

f this s.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Tello & Walcott rumors have no basis to be honest just random rumors. . but the names have popped up very regularly recently . .

Andy Caroll is now the 4th most trending topic in England! Shocked . . . doesn't prove he is living Razz its just that Newcastle are interested in a loan but not any certainty at us agreeing to it. Some rumors suggest we might be looking into a permanent deal going up to 17m pounds & during the loan spell NUFC would play his full salary scratch . . then again this is a RUMOR!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Art Morte wrote:Brendan Rodgers - someone I didn't fancy when he joined us and like less and less towards the start of the season. What he should do is come out and say Carroll is going nowhere. Otherwise he'll make us a joke. I mean wtf, first paying £35m for a player and then looking to loan him out to the same club??

f this s.

I fail to understand why we cannot accept a failure . . isn't all the failure result of so many changes in management??
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Tello & Walcott rumors have no basis to be honest just random rumors. . but the names have popped up very regularly recently . .

Andy Caroll is now the 4th most trending topic in England! Shocked . . . doesn't prove he is living Razz its just that Newcastle are interested in a loan but not any certainty at us agreeing to it. Some rumors suggest we might be looking into a permanent deal going up to 17m pounds & during the loan spell NUFC would play his full salary scratch . . then again this is a RUMOR!

Yeah we wouldnt pay his salary or 17m, it's true we have asked for a loan with a permanent move but we would never pay that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Tello & Walcott rumors have no basis to be honest just random rumors. . but the names have popped up very regularly recently . .

Yeah we wouldnt pay his salary or 17m, it's true we have asked for a loan with a permanent move but we would never pay that.

Well it is rumored offer we may make . . . then again as i said a RUMOR!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Brendan Rodgers - someone I didn't fancy when he joined us and like less and less towards the start of the season. What he should do is come out and say Carroll is going nowhere. Otherwise he'll make us a joke. I mean wtf, first paying £35m for a player and then looking to loan him out to the same club??

f this s.

I fail to understand why we cannot accept a failure . . isn't all the failure result of so many changes in management??

If you believe Carroll is a s*** player, then sure.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Guardian, BBC, Echo three of the most reliable sources reporting it just shows Newcastle's interest . . let us see how is spans out . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Art Morte wrote:If you believe Carroll is a s*** player, then sure.

I do not believe Carroll to be a s*** player . . .just someone who does not fit in our system
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:02 pm

BBC reckon you have rejected our offer btw.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:BBC reckon you have rejected our offer btw.

Yes just saw it up on twitter! that's fast Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:05 pm

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Liverpool turn down Newcastle's offer to loan Andy Carroll #mufc #lfc

No detail up yet . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:07 pm

I personally think we are just taking the piss and see how far we can get.

It's hilarious to me Laughing but obviously you will see it differently Razz.

I expect this to have legs yet tbh.

As far as buying a forward goes i want someone a bit different to Carroll so i'd rather it didn't happen but what ever.

mufc? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Fahim89 wrote:BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Liverpool turn down Newcastle's offer to loan Andy Carroll #mufc #lfc

And that is actual mistake by the BBC Twitter A/C . . . . of Epic proportions! ! rofl
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I personally think we are just taking the piss and see how far we can get.

It's hilarious to me Laughing but obviously you will see it differently Razz.

BBC People think otherwise. . .

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

As I understand it #NUFC's loan offer for Andy Carroll was not taken seriously by #LFC and has been/will be rejected.

But then again they do write MUFC! Razz . . drinking
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

#LFC's preferred option is to sell, rather than loan, Carroll. But if terms of a loan deal were favourable it could happen

scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Andy Carroll: Liverpool reject Newcastle loan offer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18850955
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next