Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 32 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by donttreadonred Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:23 am

Fahim89 wrote:Rumors now surfacing more repeatedly that we might offer Charlie Adam as part of Dempsey deal. . . . . . I for one won't mind at all Thumbs up
To be fair, those rumors have been circling for a while now. What has reopened the possibility is that we signed Allen. The reasoning is that because we signed allen, we can afford to offload Adam. I would've argued for offloading Adam regardless of any deal for Allen.

If Adam really is key to the Dempsey deal, I hope the club doesn't think twice. Throughout preseason, Adam hasn't really shown himself capable of anything besides spoiling the rhythm of the offense. Ability wise, he is more than capable of playing in the system. Unfortunately, too often he loses focus and stops thinking, resulting in either a head down run into a blind alley or his infamous Hollywood balls.

Personally, I think Dempsey would fit quite well into either wide-forward slot. Regardless of your opinion on Dempsey or Adam, another winger/forward is far more useful than an additional CM. At this point, it has to be assumed that Allen is going to start, considering his price tag and Rodgers's belief in him. That means we would have starters of Gerrard, Allen and Lucas, with a bench or Shelvey, Henderson, Spearing and Adam. All that is before you get to the youth team contingent of Suso, Adjoran and Coady. Just looking at the bench should make this a quick decision.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 32 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:33 am

I wonder whether Fulham are at all interested in Adam, though.

He hasn't been anything special for the past year and it seems a little too much an equation that the press might make without facts:

Fulham lost Danny Murphy --> They need a replacement --> They might do business with Liverpool --> Adam isn't needed there, so he's going to Fulham.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm afraid Carroll might get ostracized by BR. He played his second friendly today and he just doesn't fit the system in any way, shape or form. Yes he tries hard and got a goal today but it doesn't change the fact that we're going to be playing with one ST, and Carroll plays better with a partner to knock the balls down to.

I would hate it if Carroll wasn't given the chance to live up to his potential with us, because we all know he's capable. But his value won't get any higher benching him most of important games.

If the rumors of 19mill West Ham interest is true then I think it's best we cut our losses and sign someone more fitting our system with that money. I know West Ham want 2m+loan this summer and 17m if they survive relegation, but I know we can work a deal to sell him out right this summer.
Understandably loaning him out should not even be an option for us because we won't benefit, but selling should be considered.

What do you guys think? With 19mill we can sign someone like Jovetic, Schurrle or Lisandro Lopez. (I'm not saying specifically these guys but someone with their qualities).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:06 pm

I'd like another forward in, but at this point we'd probably be better off bringing one in while keeping Carroll. We rather lack depth in the pure CF position, especially as Rodgers seems to (thankfully) favour Suarez as a wide forward.

Also, it's going to take some time for Rodgers' preferred methods and style to truly catch hold, so for at least a season it would be nice to have a player that can offer a very different type of attacking threat.

DTOR is probably sick of hearing this, but Luuk de Jong would have been perfect for our CF role under Rodgers and I'm still pissed we apparently weren't even in for him when he moved. I'm not sure there are many options out there at the moment for reasonable money.

Steven Fletcher, anyone? Very Happy
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:12 pm

You wouldn't have got De Jong anyway Red as he wanted CL football.

Also you trolling or do you actually want Steven Fletcher lol?

Wolves want 20m btw rofl

Also i'd argue you need a winger to stretch the play rather than a CF, but i also thought you needed an attacking midfielder with guile to open up defences rather than Allen.

So hey what do i know. Very Happy

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:13 pm

You're right about the style catching on with time, but should Carroll be benched for most of the season than not, his value will decrease accordingly.

If Carroll won't be used, I much rather cash on him now that he's coming on the back of some very impressive performances at the Euros under his belt.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 pm

We should keep Carroll, if not for anything else but his ability to change our Plan A.

I'm also not a fan of basing too much discussion on friendlies.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Art Morte wrote:We should keep Carroll, if not for anything else but his ability to change our Plan A.

Say Suarez gets injured, we play Carroll instead of him and our whole game plan and system in attack we've been using throughout the season goes down the drain with one injury. Now we have Carroll, and we must play to his strengths or he becomes a liability. So for as long as Suarez is injured we're playing our plan B attack hoofing to Carroll, when our actual system requires us to play a short passing game on the ground.

Why not have a backup player whose more capable to fit right in without breaking the general play of the team. I know we're still going to need another ST even with Carroll here, but if we do have another striker who fits the team better, would we not play him ahead of Andy?? Again it brings us to the point where he won't be used, unless at the end of games plan B is necessary, and his stock drops even further.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:15 pm

I think They already signed the CF- Borini.

They should probably be looking for someone who can play there if asked to, but who can do other things as well.

And if Caroll really really doesn't fit the system, then they better have plans in place , because a year on the bench will destroy whatever transfer value he still has.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Borini is the player that can play CF but is better elsewhere... he's supposed to be better as a wide forward than a CF. I'd much rather have a CF/ST who can cover wide areas if needed than get another wide forward/winger that can be played as a CF if the situation requires... if that makes sense. Ideally we can keep Carroll as our other option up top (I don't believe the team would have to drastically alter it's Plan A with him in, but that the team COULD) and then bring in another versatile forward.

Walcott, Dempsey, Grosskreutz would all fit that role well as they can play across the forward line. Johnson and Ramirez wouldn't be effective in the striker role, as far as I know, and as for Tello... I have no idea. de Jong would have been perfect, as he can play at CF, LF and RF/RW very well, and can cover LW at a push. Sad
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Well at the moment we're just speculating. These problems we're mentioning will either come into fruition during the season or won't even surface. It's year zero for us under BR management, so whatever problems we encounter during the season can be addressed next summer.

The thing is we haven't a clue how Borini will turn out to be, or even Allen. For all we know they can both turn WC and this current squad could just end up being enough to challenge without further additions.

@RedO, that love you have for de Jong, I understand it completely mate...Jovetic and Pukki are my crushes, and they would completely fit our needs. I'm still looking for BR's email address Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:59 pm

RedOranje wrote:Borini is the player that can play CF but is better elsewhere... he's supposed to be better as a wide forward than a CF. I'd much rather have a CF/ST who can cover wide areas if needed than get another wide forward/winger that can be played as a CF if the situation requires... if that makes sense. Ideally we can keep Carroll as our other option up top (I don't believe the team would have to drastically alter it's Plan A with him in, but that the team COULD) and then bring in another versatile forward.

Walcott, Dempsey, Grosskreutz would all fit that role well as they can play across the forward line. Johnson and Ramirez wouldn't be effective in the striker role, as far as I know, and as for Tello... I have no idea. de Jong would have been perfect, as he can play at CF, LF and RF/RW very well, and can cover LW at a push. Sad

Borini has stated in a couple of his interviews that I've watched that he prefers playing as a CF. He claims to be versatile and able to play wide, but his preference would be to play in the center.

I'm all for another versatile forward though. Someone like Babel, only way better.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:54 pm

He may favour that position, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's his best. And it's not as though he wouldn't get games as a CF even if he started as a WF more often than not. Players will need to be rested and injuries will happen, and given Rodgers' belief in the lad he'll probably be decently high in the pecking order.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:34 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Art Morte wrote:We should keep Carroll, if not for anything else but his ability to change our Plan A.

Say Suarez gets injured, we play Carroll instead of him and our whole game plan and system in attack we've been using throughout the season goes down the drain with one injury. Now we have Carroll, and we must play to his strengths or he becomes a liability. So for as long as Suarez is injured we're playing our plan B attack hoofing to Carroll, when our actual system requires us to play a short passing game on the ground.

Why not have a backup player whose more capable to fit right in without breaking the general play of the team. I know we're still going to need another ST even with Carroll here, but if we do have another striker who fits the team better, would we not play him ahead of Andy?? Again it brings us to the point where he won't be used, unless at the end of games plan B is necessary, and his stock drops even further.

We don't have to hoof to Carroll to bring the ball up. Neither Suarez comes to receive passes to the half-way line, our midfield can get the ball up. After that Carroll is our target-man in the box or if our guys are capable of doing it, try and create chances with passing and dribbling.

Besides it's not like playing long balls to Carroll is exactly disastrous, that man wins 8 out of 10 cats, sorry, balls that are played to him in the air.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting another forward still, but I think Andy definately deserves to get his chances. He is a good player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:51 am

donttreadonred wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Rumors now surfacing more repeatedly that we might offer Charlie Adam as part of Dempsey deal. . . . . . I for one won't mind at all Thumbs up
To be fair, those rumors have been circling for a while now. What has reopened the possibility is that we signed Allen. The reasoning is that because we signed allen, we can afford to offload Adam. I would've argued for offloading Adam regardless of any deal for Allen.

If Adam really is key to the Dempsey deal, I hope the club doesn't think twice. Throughout preseason, Adam hasn't really shown himself capable of anything besides spoiling the rhythm of the offense. Ability wise, he is more than capable of playing in the system. Unfortunately, too often he loses focus and stops thinking, resulting in either a head down run into a blind alley or his infamous Hollywood balls.

Personally, I think Dempsey would fit quite well into either wide-forward slot. Regardless of your opinion on Dempsey or Adam, another winger/forward is far more useful than an additional CM. At this point, it has to be assumed that Allen is going to start, considering his price tag and Rodgers's belief in him. That means we would have starters of Gerrard, Allen and Lucas, with a bench or Shelvey, Henderson, Spearing and Adam. All that is before you get to the youth team contingent of Suso, Adjoran and Coady. Just looking at the bench should make this a quick decision.

I sort of feel Dempsey, Borini & Suarez would be interchanged in their roles. . that would be make the 3rd striking option.

Now lame rumors going around that Ramirez signing would be done by today.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:11 am

We're not signing Gaston Ramirez. Sad

Still think we need another winger more than a striker.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:58 am

ynwa wrote:We're not signing Gaston Ramirez. Sad

Still think we need another winger more than a striker.

The rumored names have shortened down to Walcott, Johnson, Tello & Sahin. . . Just let Ramirez be there for a while mate just for the sake of it Razz

Hearing some rumors about Alonso not renewing his contract at Real. . . . . Ahhhh we can only dream Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 am

Rorysmith of TIMES on TIMES WebChat:

"Liverpool want want £27m or £24m+Johnson for Agger. ManCity ready to pay £20m or £17m+AJ "

"LFC's interest in Sahin strong and real. Question is whether he'd consider going to a non-Cl club"
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:19 am

Continued. . .

"Why would Walcott go to LFC when Arsenal in a much better place and I can't see LFC offering him big wages?"

Rory on Xabi returning "I think that's a good rumour, and one that is spectacularly unlikely to be true"
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 am

How much did we end up paying for Allen?

I know it a an undisclosed fee, but are there any figure knocking about?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 am

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:How much did we end up paying for Allen?

£15m.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:49 am

Art Morte wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:How much did we end up paying for Allen?

£15m.

Thanks Art, thought we would get him a bit cheaper, but I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as Brendan has his man.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:01 pm

I personally think Allen is worth all that money especially given his performances last year and of course the bevy of potential he is showing for his growth.

Similar to Hendo, the price is justified since both players show great maturity for their age along with a large ceiling for growth.

I never exactly wanted Henderson yet Allen I've wanted before his signing as I can give my personal guarantee he will be a resounding success over the years and dare I say a Kop favourite.

Even if we don't sign anyone along with losing a key player in Bellamy, I would be satisfied with this Transfer Mercato given the shrewdness of the signings and vision that supplements it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm

The following quotes are from Daniel Agger, who was interviewed by reporters after training with the Danish National squad from Danish Website - Ekstra Bladet (found them in Twitter):

Agger: "The tattoo has nothing to do with the current situation.It is a gesture towards The Kop,The club,The people and the City"

Agger: I'd rather (stay). I can't imagine playing for other clubs in England. But you never know.The club may think it's best to sell me. I have not changed my mind on the subject (On not playing for another English Club)"

Agger : "Sometimes you can get in a situation where it's not your decision. The club must find out what they want. I have heard nothing from them. I'd rather stay, but it's not me who has the decision at the moment"

Sad Sad

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Fahim89 wrote:The following quotes are from Daniel Agger, who was interviewed by reporters after training with the Danish National squad from Danish Website - Ekstra Bladet (found them in Twitter):

Agger: "The tattoo has nothing to do with the current situation.It is a gesture towards The Kop,The club,The people and the City"

Agger: I'd rather (stay). I can't imagine playing for other clubs in England. But you never know.The club may think it's best to sell me. I have not changed my mind on the subject (On not playing for another English Club)"

Agger : "Sometimes you can get in a situation where it's not your decision. The club must find out what they want. I have heard nothing from them. I'd rather stay, but it's not me who has the decision at the moment"

Sad Sad

Keep faith Fahim. We all know his utter love for the Kop and Liverpool. And frankly given BR attempting to tread carefully with the fans we know he will not be behind this move.

The superiors? I don't see it happening along with the fact that FSG is known to keep their dialogue strictly internal with the players even.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Keep faith Fahim. We all know his utter love for the Kop and Liverpool. And frankly given BR attempting to tread carefully with the fans we know he will not be behind this move.

The superiors? I don't see it happening along with the fact that FSG is known to keep their dialogue strictly internal with the players even.

Honestly mate I am not too much against this move IF & only IF the price is RIGHT. But you know the guy is our fav in CB & certainly one of our fav players. . does makes things a little sad Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next