Quinten Metsys
MJ
canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 37 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:25 am

I'd swap my clothes with Alex Song just to be able to throw them away.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish feels Arsenal captain Robin van Persie conned his players during this week's defeat.

The Midlanders lost 2-1 on Wednesday and had right-back Alan Hutton, 27, sent off for two quick-fire yellow cards in stoppage time.

Hutton lost his head during a furious confrontation with Van Persie.

While the Gunners hitman was not directly involved in either booking, McLeish is in no doubt who lit the former Tottenham star's fuse.

Big Eck claimed: "They conned him. Van Persie was waving to him as he went down the tunnel.

"Alan was conned and he should be experienced enough to just laugh in his face and walk away.

"Maybe the Arsenal player lured him into it. I didn't think he'd get conned like that.

"Alan was disappointed in himself and apologetic — he was probably trying to get out of a fine! But I can't afford to lose my experienced players."

McLeish claims his Villa men could learn from the Arsenal hotshot.

He added: "That side of Van Persie's game doesn't disappoint me, no. It's called being streetwise.

"If you're winding someone up and they get sent off — and you've reduced the opposition's resources and your team wins — you've done a good job."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 pm

Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has credited their summer signings for their amazing form turnaround.

Van Persie has led the way with 16 goals in the top flight and even he has been shocked by the strength of Arsenal’s response.

“Maybe a little bit,” he told arsenal.com. “We had to get used to the new players [who signed at the end of August].

"I have to give lots of credit to Mikel Arteta, Per Mertesacker, Thomas Vermaelen and Yossi Benayoun - great characters, really helpful in every area. When I need assistance, they are always helping me.

"Mikel, for example, played seven years at Everton, two years at Rangers and you can tell he’s an experienced player. Yossi is similar, Per Mertesacker has played close to 80 times for Germany. They have really helped me."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Yossi Benayoun has told of his frustration at Arsenal — and his fear that his first League goal would never come.

Midfielder Benayoun, 31, has started only Carling Cup and Champions League games since his loan from Chelsea in August.

But he came off the bench on Wednesday and headed a late winner in the Gunners' 2-1 Premier League win at Aston Villa.

The Israeli international said: "I don't know if I felt the goal was coming, but every time I get the chance to play I'm doing my best.

"I didn't play in the last two games and of course you get a bit frustrated. You wait for your chance and I'm glad I scored the winner."

Robin van Persie, who scored from the penalty spot at Villa, was delighted to see Benayoun score with a rare header.He said: "It was really good for Yossi because he has been training unbelievably well. Everyone was hoping he would get a chance. We are all so pleased for him."

Last edited by ernie_schwarz on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:23 pm

RVP Interview

Robin van Persie has revealed his pride at equalling one of Thierry Henry's records - but wants to write his own name into the history books.

Van Persie has drawn level with Henry by scoring 34 goals in a calendar year but is within touching distance of beating Alan Shearer's Premier League record.

In-form van Persie needs three more to become the most prolific striker in a calendar year and the Dutchman has got two games left in 2011 against Wolves and QPR.

But van Persie, a collector of football memorabilia and keen student of the game's history and records, admits that he is already worried about jinxing his chances.

Van Persie said: "I'm on 34 now like Thierry. It is a big honour, to be fair, because Thierry is probably the best player Arsenal ever had and to achieve that in a year is really special.

"It makes me proud, but it is not my main target. But as it happens, I'm happy about it, of course.

"I don't want to jinx myself. I know about it. But I think you have look at football from the basics, and if you do your basics right and if you play well, especially as a main striker, you will get your goals."

Van Persie has always had an exceptional goal ratio - including his run of 34 in 34 Premier League games in 2011 - but injuries have blighted his career.

But this time van Persie has stayed fit and revealed he has decided to gamble a lot more to be even more prolific in front of goal.

However, van Persie says he is enjoying his football even more and gets as much enjoyment from providing an assist as scoring.

Van Persie said: "I didn't miss one Premier League game. I played every single game, most of the games 90 minutes.

"So when you have a good run and you feel fresh and fit you try things, you take a big more risks here and there than, for example, just coming back from injury.

"You always need a couple of games when you're back from injury. As a striker I think it is really important to have a go.

"If you feel sometimes to have a chip or to maybe cut it instead of shooting... if you look at my performances I take more risks now because I know with the team behind me I will always get more chances.

"It's not that I only get one chance normally, I always get one, two, three, sometimes four chances in a game. That sort of tells me that I can take a risk here and there.

"But I want to help my team, I want to help them with assists, help them with goals, help them with good football. In some games that means holding the ball when we're struggling.

"For me it is not just scoring. Football is more for me than just scoring the ball in the back of the net. I think football can give you much more than to score. I enjoy a nice pass as much as a goal, you know?

"I just like to play football. I think football is a great game which can go many ways. I just love it at the moment."

Van Persie believes Arsenal can get back into the title race and claims a new spirit in the dressing room has improved their chances.

Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri both departed in the summer and losing two world class players in ugly transfer sagas provided a major distraction.

But van Persie says their replacements have brought different and valuable qualities into the camp which leaves Arsenal confident the title is not over yet.

Van Persie praised the new arrivals for helping him become a successful captain after Fabregas relinquished the armband with his departure.

Van Persie said: "It is still early. I think we've only played 17 games now, we're not even half way. So anything can happen in this league.

"Results early on, our result against Man United was a bit of a surprise, our result away at Chelsea was a big surprise, and then Manchester and Man City 6-1, so anything is possible.

"I want to win games and to help my team out and to have a good run, especially at Aston Villa because it is always really important to bounce back after a defeat.

"Great teams do bounce back and that's what we had to do. We had to bounce back and et a win. Now we have Wolves then afterwards QPR.

"Both at home, so hopefully we can have a good run again.

"We had to get used to new players as well and to be fair I have to give lots of credits to Mikel Arteta, Per Mertesacker, Thomas Vermaelen, Yossi Benayoun as well. Everyone was so pleased for Yossi, he works hard in training and gives everything.

"They are great characters and they're really helpful in every area. They picked it up very well and I do need assistance, they are always helping me.

"For example, Mikel, he's played seven years at Everton, one and half or two years at Rangers, you can tell that he is an experienced player. Yossi, similar. Per Mertesacker played 80 games for Germany so that really helped.

"Every year is different, every game is different. Before I experienced three other captains and they were great captains. Patrick Viera I had for one year, after that Thierry, after that Cescs, in between William Gallas.

"But especially those three were really good captains so I learned a lot from them. For me it is hard to say where the difference is because every year is different."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:52 pm

41 – Robin van Persie goals in calendar year 20111
43 – Thierry Henry goals in calendar year 2004
34 – League goals for both players in their respective calendar years
47 – Games played for Arsenal by Robin van Persie in 2011
53 – Games played for Arsenal by Theirry Henry in 2004
9 – Assists by Robin in 2011
13 – Assists by Henry in 2004
4.65 – Shots per game by RvP in 2011
3.23 – Shots per game by Henry in 2004
2.14 – Shots on goal per game by RvP in 2011
2.04 – Shots on goal per game by Henry in 2004
2 – Games remaining for RvP to get 2 goals and tie both Shearer for the League record and Henry for the Arsenal overall record
0.95 – Robin van Persie’s goals per game average in 2011

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:45 pm

The wolves game will see RVP score few goals.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:06 pm

i am 90% sure RVP wont play against QPR. So wolves is the only match where RVP can get the goals, unless he come on as a Sub against QPR.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:27 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:41 – Robin van Persie goals in calendar year 20111
43 – Thierry Henry goals in calendar year 2004
34 – League goals for both players in their respective calendar years
47 – Games played for Arsenal by Robin van Persie in 2011
53 – Games played for Arsenal by Theirry Henry in 2004
9 – Assists by Robin in 2011
13 – Assists by Henry in 2004
4.65 – Shots per game by RvP in 2011
3.23 – Shots per game by Henry in 2004
2.14 – Shots on goal per game by RvP in 2011
2.04 – Shots on goal per game by Henry in 2004
2 – Games remaining for RvP to get 2 goals and tie both Shearer for the League record and Henry for the Arsenal overall record
0.95 – Robin van Persie’s goals per game average in 2011

I know RVP can do impossible stuff,but playing in the year 20111 needs some beating Razz

Anyways,great stat compilation Jay,RVP FTW :bow:
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:i am 90% sure RVP wont play against QPR. So wolves is the only match where RVP can get the goals, unless he come on as a Sub against QPR.

last season he had a brace vs wolves
so hopefully this time it will be Hattrick Razz
unjinxunjinxunjinx
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Arsene Wenger says that the club is considering visiting USA in the near future for a pre-season.

Wenger says he would "love" to take Arsenal to USA in a pre-season in the future. Boss says he is "sure" we will visit USA soon.

Wenger says Colorado would be good place for Arsenal to visit in a pre-season. "Why not? It's quiet and in the countryside".

(arsenal player)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsene Wenger says that the club is considering visiting USA in the near future for a pre-season.

Wenger says he would "love" to take Arsenal to USA in a pre-season in the future. Boss says he is "sure" we will visit USA soon.

Wenger says Colorado would be good place for Arsenal to visit in a pre-season. "Why not? It's quiet and in the countryside".

(arsenal player)

i'll have to find a way to be there!
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Remember last year when most of us wanted RVP to leave for being too injury prone?
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Jamin wrote:Remember last year when most of us wanted RVP to leave for being too injury prone?

really, can't remember, the person we all wanted out was almunia
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:08 pm

there was a thread that we should cash in on him and sign Roonaaay
when shrek was due to leave MU (DONT CARE if rooney never wanted to leave or whatever bleep him
RVP ftw!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Arsenal Lobby - Page 37 RVP

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:56 pm

I’m Coq-a-hoop at Gunners pay rise

FRANCIS COQUELIN is in talks over a new four-year deal at Arsenal.

SunSport understands the French midfielder, 20, may also go on loan in January to get regular first-team action.

Wolves head a long list of clubs interested in him but boss Mick McCarthy faces competition from French sides Nancy, Lille and Nice.

Gunners chief Arsene Wenger is keen to reward the player, who has made a breakthrough this season with nine first-team outings.

The France Under-20 ace is set to sign a deal in the next few weeks, boosting his current weekly wage, which is less than £10,000.
THESUN
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:59 pm

MJGunner wrote:Arsenal Lobby - Page 37 RVP

DAFUQ :facepalm:
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:05 am

sina90 wrote:I’m Coq-a-hoop at Gunners pay rise

SunSport understands the French midfielder, 20, may also go on loan in January to get regular first-team action.

Wolves head a long list of clubs interested in him but boss Mick McCarthy faces competition from French sides Nancy, Lille and Nice.

Gunners chief Arsene Wenger is keen to reward the player, who has made a breakthrough this season with nine first-team outings.

The France Under-20 ace is set to sign a deal in the next few weeks, boosting his current weekly wage, which is less than £10,000.
THESUN

YESSSS!!!!!

They MUST secure him. I don't think you all realize how good he will be. I'd rather have him on the team making big bucks and still being behind song or whoever than to see him go somewhere else, because wherever he's at, he'll RAPE.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:57 am

aleumdance wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Arsenal Lobby - Page 37 RVP

DAFUQ :facepalm:

lol
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:58 am

lenear1030 wrote:
sina90 wrote:I’m Coq-a-hoop at Gunners pay rise

THESUN

YESSSS!!!!!

They MUST secure him. I don't think you all realize how good he will be. I'd rather have him on the team making big bucks and still being behind song or whoever than to see him go somewhere else, because wherever he's at, he'll RAPE.

I'm glad we're securing our future but I didn't like his little prima donna act about wanting to go elsewhere.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Mikel Arteta has made 78.5 passes per game league game this season - the highest by any PL player.

Laurent Koscielny makes 2.7 interceptions per game - more than any other player in last year's top 6 clubs.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:46 pm

4 from City, 2 from Arsenal, 2 from Spurs...it's my Premier League team of the season so far. http://bit.ly/sqcPww
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:20 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Mikel Arteta has made 78.5 passes per game league game this season - the highest by any PL player.

Laurent Koscielny makes 2.7 interceptions per game - more than any other player in last year's top 6 clubs.

:bow: Arteta

:bow: Bosscielny
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Bacary Sagna could be back in action by the end of January according to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

The French full-back suffered a broken leg in the Gunners’ loss to North London rivals Tottenham at White Hart Lane in October but after starting running this week, could be back in action within a month.

"He is a long way ahead of schedule,” Wenger said.

"I saw him still limping a little bit so we have to be careful but physically he will be ready very quickly because he worked very hard in the gym.

"We think the end of January is a reasonable target for him."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:18 pm

An article by John Cross on Theirry Henry:

Thierry Henry would be a great signing for Arsenal - just as long as they sign another striker as well.

Henry is 34, has impressed Arsene Wenger with his sharpness, fitness levels and desire while training with Arsenal in the MLS off-season.

If it means that Arsenal get a striker - even in the veteran stage of his career - for six weeks on loan then surely it is a no-brainer.

Arsenal would have to pay around £70,000-a-week in wages and his insurance to cover New York Red Bulls for six weeks before he is due back in the States.

However, the insurance was a major stumbling block when Tottenham tried to sign David Beckham on loan from LA Galaxy this time last year.

New York Red Bulls are being as coy as Wenger. No comment or no replies have been the answer from the MLS club. If it was a complete no-go, they would say.

But there's a few things against it, too. Arsenal still need top quality cover, competition and someone to play alongside Robin van Persie.

Van Persie is in the form of his life - 34 goals in 34 Premier League games in 2011 - but will need a rest at some point.

Arsenal need strong back-up. At the moment, Marouane Chamakh and Ju Young Park are not stepping up to the plate.

That leaves Arsenal woefully short. Pinning hopes on a legend - who had a statue unveiled a fortnight ago - is a dangerous game.

Henry is not the incredible player he once was. He was once the best player in the Premier League - record breaking goals, pace and power. A big character, too.

To expect him to recreate that if van Persie gets injured, is dangerous. It could spoil memories of Henry and impinge upon his reputation as a legend. Arsenal fans wouldn't want that and surely nor would Henry.

It's a similar situation to a couple of years ago with Sol Campbell. He'd been in the Invincibles and was a superb defender.

Campbell did a great job - as much in the dressing room as on the pitch. A great influence in both situations. The same for Jens Lehmann last season.

The Henry deal is also similar to Campbell. Arsenal will bring Henry in depending on other players. He's very much on the agenda but as a back-up if other things don't happen and in case of new injuries. But he's doing so well that it may just happen anyway.

With Campbell, they told him they would sign him if they could offload Philippe Senderos. The Swiss defender went to Everton on loan and Campbell came in.

Henry could do a similar job to Campebll in the dressing room and on the pitch. But Henry, who was a genuine superstar, would have to accept being back-up, a circus would arrive with him and yet it couldn't be all about him. That time has gone.

Even his old 14 shirt has been taken by Theo Walcott. Though his old France number 12 is available...

Arsenal are still keen on Lukas Podolski, the German forward who plays at Cologne. It's important they make a stellar signing as well as Henry.

You cannot end up having a veteran as the only back-up for van Persie who has been prone to injuries throughout his career.

Arsenal fans, after seeing their team fall short in the run-in in the past few seasons, don't want the club to scrimp and save on loan signings.

They want big name signings. Arsenal also need two signings anyway as Chamakh is going to the African Nations Cup and you can't rely on him anyway, to such an extent he could go in January.

So, Wenger should sign Henry - but not stop there. The club is on target for £60m-profit and woe-be-tied them for not buying big in January.

Podolski would be ideal and they also have Mario Gotze in their sights. Wenger didn't rule out Wayne Bridge on loan either as he's committed to Andre Santos and Kieran Gibbs long term.

Bridge would be a good signing. After his initial struggles for match sharpness, he had some cracking games on loan at West Ham last season. He wants to leave City in January on loan.

Arsenal's squad needs strengthening if they are to finish in the top four and keep pressing in the Champions League as well as the FA Cup.

You can tell a lot by Wenger's mannerisms. He was in a great mood on Friday. Laughing and joking. He was grinning, fobbing off questions about Henry saying that his Christmas will be taken up by thinking about it. I suppose there's no football even in the German Third Division on Christmas Day.

Wenger clearly wants the Henry deal to happen. Something is going on. Henry arrives back in London on Christmas Eve after a short holiday. He needs persuading, too. He'd hate anything to spoil his legacy.

But more importantly, Wenger must sign more players than just Henry. Henry would be popular with most fans but that would be tempered if others didn't arrive, too.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next