France '98 Final Real Ronaldo mystery

3 posters

Go down

France '98 Final Real Ronaldo mystery Empty France '98 Final Real Ronaldo mystery

Post by BarcaLearning Thu 4 Jul 2024 - 23:22

Sorry if this has been talked about in the past, but for me, never really found out exactly what happened. Randomly was watching Rio Ferdinand interviewing various legends n came across Gary Lineker's BBC docu "The Beautiful Game" which was like 10 yrs ago but I never knew about it until now Razz So sorry again for those fans who knew already... for the younger fans perhaps who dunno about it, should definitely google it or watch something about it since its still of the most bizarre incidents in football history on the biggest stage too...

Anyway, as skeptic Im of many things, Im still not fully convinced. The docu itself could be scripted to fit narrative, the interviews could be too, n conspiracy theories n just general memory of hearing from many sources over the yrs, football is often rigged, even the highest comps, just like any other sport.

What do u think really happened? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

France '98 Final Real Ronaldo mystery Empty Re: France '98 Final Real Ronaldo mystery

Post by sportsczy Fri 5 Jul 2024 - 20:52

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/MZ9NcB8LgAg?si=HyW_JjdWYCBR7_cX

He had an attack in the afternoon before the game. Was unconscious for 3-4 mins. He shared a room with Roberto Carlos and Roberto had to call emergency. They checked him at the hospital and literally everything was fine. So they cleared him to play medically. But it exhausted him before the game obviously.

R9 thinks it was a panic attack (in subsequent interviews). Thinks the pressure was too overwhelming and it got to him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

France '98 Final Real Ronaldo mystery Empty Re: France '98 Final Real Ronaldo mystery

Post by BarcaLearning Fri 5 Jul 2024 - 23:49

Thx Sport, I read up n seen all that... but just seems too strange still... the only explanation if they didnt hide anything would be his body felt the pressure either mentally as well n suffered that once in a life time seizure n then nothing else since too...

Dunno, I think to believe it was that 'simple' but...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Yesterday at 0:02

BarcaLearning wrote:Thx Sport, I read up n seen all that... but just seems too strange still... the only explanation if they didnt hide anything would be his body felt the pressure either mentally as well n suffered that once in a life time seizure n then nothing else since too...

Dunno, I think to believe it was that 'simple' but...

I have to find the documentary... but he said that he was having panic attacks for over a year that were just shortness of breath here and there. Just sad that the big one happens before the world cup final.

Mentioned that the stress wasn't from club football really... but the stress of playing for Brazil interestingly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Yesterday at 12:09

Is it as big mystery as the original post? hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Yesterday at 18:17

Well its been a mystery for me all these yrs Razz Even after reading up on the updates n explanations, is it all true though? Maybe, I guess will have to resign to believing it... its just very bad luck... Was interested to see if someone may have other views, anyway Razz Same goes with a lot of things, always interested to see what ppl think...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down