Quinten Metsys
MJ
canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 39 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:13 am

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is delighted with unsung hero Laurent Koscielny this season.

Koscielny has enjoyed a fine campaign to date, earning his first French cap last month as a result of his inspiring club form. The defender has earned widespread acclaim and Wenger believes it is justified.

“He is a special player and he is starting slowly to get credit,” Wenger told Arsenal Player. “Let’s not forget that before the Man City game we didn’t know if he would play or not because he had flu.

“He doesn’t speak a lot but his performances speak for him.”

Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:14 am

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is weighing up whether to loan out Ryo Miyaichi.

Wenger admits the 19-year-old needs to play regularly to continue his development - although he admits he has not fully made up his mind.

"Nothing has been decided with him," said Wenger when asked about Miyaichi. "He needs to play now, I'll sit down with him and see what we'll do.

"He has been injured for a while and we'll see in January."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:14 am

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger expects to play Robin van Persie tonight against Wolves.

Wenger admits Van Persie is desperate to break Alan Shearer's record, but is confident that the prospect of writing his name in to the record books will not distract the former Feyenoord striker if he is selected against Wolves and QPR.

The Frenchman said: "I believe the great players know what is important. And what is important is that he is the leader of the team. He knows as well that what is important is to win the games. What is important on the pitch is to make the right decision for every situation you face. He does that very well.

"You do not have to make an obsession of it, just play naturally.

"It is strange because you score goals when you don't think about it."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:45 am

A video of Casemiro:Goals and Skills

Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:55 am

Arsene Wenger has a blunt message for Arsenal hopefuls Chu-Young Park and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: 'Show me you deserve a place.'

Both summer signings will get the chance to impress when the Gunners lose Ivory Coast star Gervinho and Moroccan Marouane Chamakh next month because of the African Nations Cup.

Boss Wenger is still mulling over the possibility of re-signing former skipper Thierry Henry on a short-term loan from New York Red Bulls.

But he wants South Korean Park and England Under-21 star Oxlade-Chamberlain to step up to the plate.

He said: "Chamakh has not played too many games but he is still a security that we have.

"So Park has to step up. The adaptation period for him is over so now he has to come in and show he has the quality to play for us. I believe he can."

Wenger also thinks Oxlade-Chamberlain is ready to challenge for a first-team spot following his £12million switch from Southampton.

He added: "He will play games at the beginning of the year. He is not far away. He is a talented boy, it's all there and he just needs that toughness in his game.

"Every game is so tight that you hesitate to bring him on. You do not want him to be overawed by the intensity.

"But he is just missing that experience at the top level and needs a few games."

Wenger admitted that Park, 26, has struggled to adapt to the English game but insisted the South Korean skipper will prove worthy of a first-team berth in the long run.

He also conceded he did Oxlade-Chamberlain, 18, no favours by throwing him in for his debut in the catastrophic 8-2 defeat at Manchester United.

He added: The team was completely lost."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Stewart Robson believes Thierry Henry’s possible return to Arsenal would be a mistake.

The former Gunners star is the subject of a reported loan move from Arsene Wenger, as he looks to protect Premier League top scorer Robin Van Persie from injury.

But former Highbury midfielder Robson claims the ex-Barcelona striker’s return could upset the dynamics within the squad.

“I don’t think Thierry Henry’s return is the right thing for Arsenal,” Robson told Football First.

“He tried it with Jens Lehmann, Manuel Almunia had just started to play well and he brought Lehmann in, the pressure was then on Almunia and he started to play poorly again.

“A lot of the younger players won’t be pleased with Thierry Henry if he does go back. I’ve spoken to a lot of them and they say when he was last there he didn’t train properly, he almost tried to run the club and they were unhappy.

“Arsenal are doing well at the moment and Robin van Persie is playing in the form of his life, to bring Henry back and the ego that he’s certainly got, I don’t think it would be a good thing for Arsenal.

“If you need to go and get somebody on loan then go and get them from somewhere else but don’t bring back the old players. I think it’s always a mistake to bring back players for a second time.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Jon Motson says the best player he ever commentated on was Thierry Henry. "He changed the game over here." http://bbc.in/tbi0bY #afc
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:37 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:Stewart Robson believes Thierry Henry’s possible return to Arsenal would be a mistake.

The former Gunners star is the subject of a reported loan move from Arsene Wenger, as he looks to protect Premier League top scorer Robin Van Persie from injury.

But former Highbury midfielder Robson claims the ex-Barcelona striker’s return could upset the dynamics within the squad.

“I don’t think Thierry Henry’s return is the right thing for Arsenal,” Robson told Football First.

“He tried it with Jens Lehmann, Manuel Almunia had just started to play well and he brought Lehmann in, the pressure was then on Almunia and he started to play poorly again.

“A lot of the younger players won’t be pleased with Thierry Henry if he does go back. I’ve spoken to a lot of them and they say when he was last there he didn’t train properly, he almost tried to run the club and they were unhappy.

“Arsenal are doing well at the moment and Robin van Persie is playing in the form of his life, to bring Henry back and the ego that he’s certainly got, I don’t think it would be a good thing for Arsenal.

“If you need to go and get somebody on loan then go and get them from somewhere else but don’t bring back the old players. I think it’s always a mistake to bring back players for a second time.”

What young punks would dare say that about King Henry? Mad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:27 pm

MJGunner wrote:
ernie_schwarz wrote:Stewart Robson believes Thierry Henry’s possible return to Arsenal would be a mistake.

What young punks would dare say that about King Henry? Mad

Meanwhile,Alex Song feels Henry will bring a lot to the team(as seen in the GL sidebar).Conflicting!

Maybe over time those "young players" will get to know the real Henry,during his loan spell at Emirates.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Robson... I don't like him. He's usually wrong half the time. Like that bit about Lehmamnn putting pressure on Almunia and making him perform poorly; 100% incorrect. Lehmann was bought in because we had no fit senior keepers. Besides, Almunia was utter trash that season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:54 am

Making a new thread guys analysing our transfer targets.

You all enjoyed by champions league opponents preview, so hope you enjoy this thread.

Very Happy
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Stats:

Arsenal have only lost 3 times in the 20 games that Alex #Song has featured in this season. Vital.

As of today, @Andre_Santos27 (0.15) has a better goals per game average for #Arsenal than @Torres (0.13) does for #Chelsea.

We miss Santos Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Former Manchester United winger Andrei Kanchelskis has accused Arsenal's Andrei Arshavin of being more concerned with "money matters" than performances on the pitch.

Kanchelskis - who became a fan favourite in Britain after spells with United, Everton and Rangers - is disappointed with the attitude shown by Arshavin, who has failed to perform at a consistent level for the Gunners in recent seasons.

He believes the current Russia international - along with compatriots Roman Pavlyuchenko (Tottenham) and Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (Everton) - are wasting opportunities to become key players for their respective sides because they only care about how much they are being paid.

Kanchelskis believes it is only a matter of time before all three return to their homeland.

"These days all the players are thinking of is money matters. And I see it as one of their major problems," Kanchelskis said, according to The Mirror. "All the three Russians in the Premier League had times when they played great football. But such periods proved to be too short.

"If only our guys could show more stability, each of them could be leaders of their teams. Unfortunately, that is not happening. And it is likely that they will have to move back to Russia soon."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says it is now time for Park Chu-young to step up to Premier League level.

The 26-year old South Korea captain cannot stop scoring for his country but has found life in England a little more difficult and Wenger knows he will need to contribute for the Gunners with attackers Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh off to the African Cup of Nations in January.

“The adaptation period for him is over now so he has to come in and show he has the quality to play for us,” Wenger told the club’s official website.

“I believe he has [the quality]. We also have (Andrey) Arshavin and (Alex) Oxlade-Chamberlain, who is now ready to play.

“We lose Chamakh and Gervinho for January - two strikers. Maybe Chamakh has not played too many games, but he is still a security that we have. So Park has to step up.

"The problem we have first of all is that we have a big squad. To add players to our big squad, we will have to see how we can balance our books as well.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Arsenal ace Jack Wilshere has hailed Tottenham star Rafael van der Vaart's performance in victory over Norwich City last night.

Wilshere hailed one of Van der Vaart's passes in the win.

"A lot of you saying Silvas pass at old trafford, that's up there as well but Van der Vaarts was a 50 yard pass!" he tweeted.

"Van der Vaart pass = pass of the season so far!"

And RVP insisted to AW,that we sign VDV when he was about to be sold to Spuds.RVP+VDV would have been awesome...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta admits they need to be more ruthless in front of goal.

The Gunners wasted a hatful of chances in their 1-1 draw with Wolves last night.

"I don't think you can ask much more than we put in to win the game." Arteta told the club's official website. "Everyone tried really hard, it was one of those games. We had seven to 10 chances to win it but, as I said, it did not happen for us.

"Every side in the Premier League works hard but one goal is not enough. We have to be ruthless at home and keep more clean sheets to make sure we don't drop points.

"We have to stand up now," he went on. "This is a very important period and we have another game in four days. There is not much time to think at Christmas time. We did everything that we could to win the match. We have not done it so we have to improve for the next game against QPR."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Former Arsenal boss George Graham says Thierry Henry is impressing in training.

The Gunners are considering a short-term loan deal for Henry.

And Graham told talkSPORT: "I've been told he's look very, very good in training.

"He also played a friendly at the training ground and was unbelievable."

I guess the Henry loan deal is more or less finished...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Ray Parlour says there is “no chance” Arsenal will win the Premier League this season after their 1-1 draw with Wolves on Tuesday.

The Gunners sit 12 points behind Manchester City and Manchester United after the frustrating stalemate at the Emirates and Parlour claims the title is now out of his former club’s reach.

“They have been playing well but they have got no chance of winning the league, Arsenal, being realistic about it,” he said.

Parlour believes Arsenal’s fierce rivals Spurs, however, are serious title contenders after their victory over Norwich tightened their grip on third place.

“Come April, if they are up there, they have got a great chance of winning it Spurs, no doubt about it,” he added.

“From Arsenal’s point of view, it’s now top four. For me, Arsenal can’t win the league but top four is vital to be in that Champions League.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Alan Shearer admits he would be disappointed to see Robin Van Persie break his record for scoring the most goals in a calendar year if the Arsenal striker nets a hat-trick in the Gunners' final game of 2011.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:49 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:Ray Parlour says there is “no chance” Arsenal will win the Premier League this season after their 1-1 draw with Wolves on Tuesday.

The Gunners sit 12 points behind Manchester City and Manchester United after the frustrating stalemate at the Emirates and Parlour claims the title is now out of his former club’s reach.

“They have been playing well but they have got no chance of winning the league, Arsenal, being realistic about it,” he said.

Parlour believes Arsenal’s fierce rivals Spurs, however, are serious title contenders after their victory over Norwich tightened their grip on third place.

“Come April, if they are up there, they have got a great chance of winning it Spurs, no doubt about it,” he added.

“From Arsenal’s point of view, it’s now top four. For me, Arsenal can’t win the league but top four is vital to be in that Champions League.”

Mehh....

It's only Ray Parlour Razz
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Denilson made the list of a sports news website as one of the "Worst 20 signings of Brazilian football this tear"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Denilson made the list of a sports news website as one of the "Worst 20 signings of Brazilian football this tear"
:facepalm: :facepalm:

That means we will never get ride of him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Romford Pele deceiving us :bow:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:27 pm

MJGunner wrote:
ernie_schwarz wrote:Ray Parlour says there is “no chance” Arsenal will win the Premier League this season after their 1-1 draw with Wolves on Tuesday.

Mehh....

It's only Ray Parlour Razz

Did no one get that?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:33 pm

If pato does join psg:

Inzaghi not registered, Cassano unavailable, Pato leaving, Tevez ineligible. 'Only' leaves Milan with Ibra + Robinho v #afc I think.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:48 pm

We should highjack that Pato deal banana Another guy who could play either wings or as lone striker.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next