canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 20 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:43 am

City lose.

United draw.

Southend through to the FA Cup 2nd round.

Need Arsenal to win to make this week even better. Very Happy

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:City lose.

United draw.

Southend through to the FA Cup 2nd round.

Need Arsenal to win to make this week even better. Very Happy
My local team also won today after a while Very Happy
imagine we play R.Madrid in CL Quarter final while na$ri and clichy playin in EL Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:04 am

I Just had a vision lads

Arsenal vs Madrid CL final

Van persie scored the winner with a Wilshere Pass

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:08 am

beating mou*** in CL FINAL hmm
banana banana
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 am

RealGunner wrote:I Just had a vision lads

Arsenal vs Madrid CL final

Van persie scored the winner with a Wilshere Pass

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:58 am

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal face Greek travel misery

Arsenal are bracing themselves for a transport nightmare which could leave them with a fixture pile-up.

Club chiefs have already booked an extra night in an Athens hotel for the squad after next month's final Champions League group game against Olympiacos.

The move comes after group rivals Borussia Dortmund were forced to stay in Greece for two extra days after their visit to Olympiacos last month because public-service strikes in the financially-strapped country grounded flights.

There are also fears that the Greek tourist industry may want to force Arsenal and their fans to stay for longer so they spend more money there.

Delaying departure after Arsenal's game with Olympiacos on Tuesday, December 6, would leave them with less time to prepare for their Premier League game with Everton four days later.

Manager Arsene Wenger usually insists on his squad flying straight home after away games to allow them to get home and start their recovery as quickly as possible.

But the fact that the Gunners are making alternative plans already shows they are anticipating problems.
MIRROR
Mad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:12 pm

sina90 wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal face Greek travel misery

Arsenal are bracing themselves for a transport nightmare which could leave them with a fixture pile-up.

Club chiefs have already booked an extra night in an Athens hotel for the squad after next month's final Champions League group game against Olympiacos.

The move comes after group rivals Borussia Dortmund were forced to stay in Greece for two extra days after their visit to Olympiacos last month because public-service strikes in the financially-strapped country grounded flights.

There are also fears that the Greek tourist industry may want to force Arsenal and their fans to stay for longer so they spend more money there.

Delaying departure after Arsenal's game with Olympiacos on Tuesday, December 6, would leave them with less time to prepare for their Premier League game with Everton four days later.

Manager Arsene Wenger usually insists on his squad flying straight home after away games to allow them to get home and start their recovery as quickly as possible.

But the fact that the Gunners are making alternative plans already shows they are anticipating problems.
MIRROR
Mad

I think the club will find a solution. We are quite good when it comes to common-sense.... Very Happy
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:03 am

This one is off a bit but did anyone watch Barca - Milan match? Fab really hasn't fit in that well, he seems out of sync with the rest of the team, also gain a bit of weight. And that Messi >.< wow his passing is unreal, really a freak, at this pace I expect him to be great header next season, Barca is very lucky to have him.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:54 am

Twoism wrote:This one is off a bit but did anyone watch Barca - Milan match? Fab really hasn't fit in that well, he seems out of sync with the rest of the team, also gain a bit of weight. And that Messi >.< wow his passing is unreal, really a freak, at this pace I expect him to be great header next season, Barca is very lucky to have him.

thiago is raping EVERYTHING though. in hindsight, we really shouldve taken him in a cesc deal. my god he is amazing
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Twoism wrote:This one is off a bit but did anyone watch Barca - Milan match? Fab really hasn't fit in that well, he seems out of sync with the rest of the team, also gain a bit of weight. And that Messi >.< wow his passing is unreal, really a freak, at this pace I expect him to be great header next season, Barca is very lucky to have him.

Cesc will soon realize Barcelona is not the family he always thought it was. banana
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:35 pm

sina90 wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal face Greek travel misery

MIRROR
Mad

Game is now irrelevant. cheers
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Fulham have never won away against Arsenal in any competition in 25 attempts, losing on 22 occasions.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:07 am

Arsenal v Fulham preview out tonight/tomorrow morning.

In the meantime here is RVP's latest photo on twitter:

Arsenal Lobby - Page 20 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=gsmjb
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:08 am

ooooh Shava's on twitter now. Can't wait to see all the funny stuff he sayas Smile But i just wish that Eboue would join twitter too Laughing
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:55 am

Why Arsenal are good enough to beat Manchester City Read more: http://goonertalk.com/2011/11/25/why-arsenal-are-good-enough-to-beat-manchester-city/#ixzz1ehgjvXgo

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:23 pm

One hell of a video:

Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:13 pm

ON THIS ARSENAL DAY 2003 Arsenal won 5-1 away at the San Siro against Inter, their best European Cup away win ever.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdza60_inter-milan-1-5-arsenal_sport
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 pm

I remember not too long ago that some people wanted us to sell van Persie because he was too injury prone and wasn't able to contribute much to the team.

:facepalm:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:31 pm

I hope our boys do not take any of these matches lightly. We all know that they are notorious for losing focus. Albeit not as much anymore, but still!!! Anything short of 3 points will be seen as failure in my eyes because 4 of the 6 teams that are ahead of us will be playing against each other.

These kinda opportunities do not come as often. COYG!!!!!
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:15 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I remember not too long ago that some people wanted us to sell van Persie because he was too injury prone and wasn't able to contribute much to the team.

:facepalm:
Dude i was thinking the exact same thing yesterday! Of course i wasn't a part of this little brigade as RVP is my fav player, right in front of Rozza. But i think that if we should ever let og of someone because of inconsistency or whatever, it would have to be Chamakh. I love the guy but i don't see him ever recovering. However i would definetely give him another chance.....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:24 pm

I've been thinking today: Could the extra pressure on our wingers to produce something from nothing be a catalyst to Walcott's development?

This season, we've seen Walcott start to create chances on his own. He is taking on his man much much more often, he is playing through balls for Van Persie (See match vs Norwich, goal against Dortmund in the 1-1 draw etc.) . I can't help but think that this is all due to the lack of support from midfield at the start of the season. When there was no creativity and nobody playing through balls for Walcott to run onto, he had to adapt his game a bit. I'm really impressed with his progress this season as well. His final ball improved, his dribbling and creativity improved and his tactical understanding and defending also improved.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Iceman wrote:I've been thinking today: Could the extra pressure on our wingers to produce something from nothing be a catalyst to Walcott's development?

This season, we've seen Walcott start to create chances on his own. He is taking on his man much much more often, he is playing through balls for Van Persie (See match vs Norwich, goal against Dortmund in the 1-1 draw etc.) . I can't help but think that this is all due to the lack of support from midfield at the start of the season. When there was no creativity and nobody playing through balls for Walcott to run onto, he had to adapt his game a bit. I'm really impressed with his progress this season as well. His final ball improved, his dribbling and creativity improved and his tactical understanding and defending also improved.

I agree with you. I have been of the opinion for a while now that the departures of "key men", followed by the abysmal start to the season, has provided the team with a steep learning curve. The younger players have grasped on to the opportunity and the pressure has helped them mature. Its a good thing for team mentality. Arteta and RvP have played a key role in this change in dressing room mentality and it is evident on the pitch. But I am deviating slightly. The point is, we were under pressure and everyone has had to step up their game to the next level and improve both individually and as a team to get rid of the 'crisis'.

Sometimes, I think that I am happy that Fabregas has left. Yes, he is immensely talented and was a key cog in the team. But I like this team more. His departure, I think [sometimes], was better for the Arsenal.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Arsenal fullback Andre Santos admits his defensive weaknesses have been exposed this season.

Those defensive frailties were evident during a difficult first half at Chelsea.

However Santos sparked the second-half turnaround with a 49th-minute equaliser.

“I know I can play well and, if I am here playing for Arsenal, it is because I’m a good player,” said Santos to the Daily Express.

“I sat down in the corner of the dressing room at half-time against Chelsea and thought about that. I focused on the fact I must be better.

“I thought about it and decided, ‘I have to go back and play much better’. Things have definitely got better for me since then and I am still trying to improve.”

The goal that started it all......
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Arsenal skipper Robin van Persie admits his stunning form has surprised him.

He has revealed he is so good that sometimes he even amazes himself.

The 17-goal Arsenal hitman told The Sun: "I feel I'm a real No 9 now. I think like a striker.

"Sometimes I amaze even myself on that. It's really great how things are going but at the same time I have to try and look at it calmly."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Arsenal skipper Robin van Persie would swap personal glory for winning a title.

He tops the Prem scoring charts with 13 this season and has netted 17 club goals in total.

But he admits his rich vein of form will count for nothing unless Arsenal end their six-year wait for a trophy.

He told The Sun: "Everyone knows what the ultimate goal is. Only the prizes count.

"This run of goals has to lead to something otherwise it's only a nice series and I desire more than that."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:10 pm

srigooner wrote:
Iceman wrote:I've been thinking today: Could the extra pressure on our wingers to produce something from nothing be a catalyst to Walcott's development?

I agree with you. I have been of the opinion for a while now that the departures of "key men", followed by the abysmal start to the season, has provided the team with a steep learning curve. The younger players have grasped on to the opportunity and the pressure has helped them mature. Its a good thing for team mentality. Arteta and RvP have played a key role in this change in dressing room mentality and it is evident on the pitch. But I am deviating slightly. The point is, we were under pressure and everyone has had to step up their game to the next level and improve both individually and as a team to get rid of the 'crisis'.

Sometimes, I think that I am happy that Fabregas has left. Yes, he is immensely talented and was a key cog in the team. But I like this team more. His departure, I think [sometimes], was better for the Arsenal.

Well said from both.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next