Lord Spencer
Ali
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Bellabong
30 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 4 Empty Re: Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Arquitecto wrote:The Bayern fans at it again.

Gomez was scoring in Stuttgart which isn't exactly a big club. Not being in a big club equals far less pressure and expectations.

Gomez in 2004-05 was scoring only 16 goals in Stuggart II and started only performing notably in 07-08 within Stuttgart.

Rooney in 2004-05 was performing and scoring more then Gomez and only continued to improve whereas Gomez, as mentioned did so in 07-08 while Rooney was doing it EVERY year.

Guess what. He was doing it in MANCHESTER UNITED where the pressure and expectations to perform is 3 times as much as it is in Stuttgart.

Do I have to mention Rooney scoring goals in CL while Gomez was doing it in the UEFA Cup?

Do I have to mention how Rooney wasn't even playing as a striker for more then half of his United career?

Do I have to mention how FAR better in every other aspect of his game then Gomez is? Check the difference of how both of them improve there team with their general play. Yes, Gomez has a more goal-scoring job, but there is a reason why Gerd Muller isn't rated as the best striker of all time.

Rooney scores crucial goals while Gomez is racking it up most of the time against Hertha freaking berlin and Freiburg.

Both of them are crucial for their team, but Rooney is simply more crucial imo.

How about that Rooney does this all in a higher level of play then Gomez?

International? Gomez did not have managers like Eriksen, Mclaren and inner turmoil within his career like Gomez did for a stable Germany.

Rooney is not better internationally? LOL

Check Gomez's record. He has 4 goals against UAE, 3 against Switzerland, 2 against San Marino. I could go on.

He hasn't scored against a single big international team.

What else? He has done all this ONLY in friendlies and qualifiers.

Rooney did the same, except scored goals at a younger age, in bigger stages (Euro 2004), Bigger teams, was not just called up in 2007 unlike Gomez.

Why am I bringing up figures? Cause I don't have to mention who is the overall better and more effective footballer.

Oh yea, Rooney is a year younger and continues to do this under scandals, scrutiny and immense pressure from the nefarious english media.

How bout that Rooney has really no one of note supplying him from midfield while Bayern has the obvious world class players.

He still manages to kick teams asses.

Gomez is great no doubt and scores goals for fun. But Rooney has proven himself earlier and in bigger levels of football.

Better player End off.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 4 Empty Re: Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:24 pm

This thread should be named.

"Mario Gomez 2nd best Forward in the world apparently"

Would have made much more sense.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm

:bow: @Arq
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Roonay and Gomez are the same age Arq.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:27 pm

RoonAY is 25 and Gomez is 26.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Roonay and Gomez are the same age Arq.

No Lord, Gomez is a couple of months older.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:No one is saying Gomez is not a great player NOW , but the fact is if his form drops and he suddenly turns bad all of a sudden and continues to be bad then he will be judged as a bad player and the good year as a fluke.

If he stays in good form and performs well for an extended period of time, then the bad year can be considered a fluke.

Also, Strikers get worse when they they move to a bigger club and creative players get better.
Agreed, but he's still in great form and with no signs of stopping. If he maintain's his current form all throughout the season he's WC, no doubt, IMO.

If he starts sucking all of a sudden I will eat my words, but I highly doubt it.

@Arq. I already said Rooney is a better player. But really, Gomez is a top striker who scores a shitload of goals. Rooney is a striker who can do other stuff but isn't as good scoring.

It's all down to what you want at that level, but Gomez' other skills are highly underrated here. United also has Chicharito, Welbeck, Berbatov, Owen and a slew of other strikers who help out when needed while Bayern has Gomez and Olic who's been injured for ages. If you think a Bayern Munich player has no pressure then I can see you don't rate Bayern very highly.

I also agree with Hispano, the thread should be forward, not player.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:29 pm

9 months actually.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Both born in 1985.

Plus Roonay's birthday is only "7 days" away.

Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 4 Yamamura-sadako
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:32 pm

i have him at #1 Twisted Evil
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:33 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:I am NOT A REAL MADRID FAN. For GL's sake. Has been good in a high level for ONE year. ONE. That is the lowest integer there is. Get it, ONE. You need to have more than ONE year to be taken seriously. Anything else is over-hype. Fraking George Weah did not perform with his national team. Did not stop him from bossing with his club(s) it is stupid that it was needed fot a player to play great for 3-5 years to be considered WC and now you need 3 games to be considered one. Rooney have been great with his club for 5 years. Gomez have been great for his club for 1 year. -the Stuttgart year does not count nor does the Everton years for Rooney. Rooney have been so-so for England for 5 years. Gomes have been great for Germany for 1 year 5>1 for club. 1 good year for country does not make 5 years of club become worthless. ONE year is an insignificant benchmark. Learn to control the hype. Seriously, one great year and the man is Podolski. FFS Klose is doing a better job dragging Lazio nearly by himself.
Don't bother lol talking sense doesn't get you anywhere.
Is R9 currently playing? R9 would eat any current CF for dinner, but we're comparing current players. Gomez isn't the best of players, actually. He's pretty technically limited but makes up for it with insane killer instinct and a bag of goals. What are we talking about here? Oh, football. How is football won? Oh, with a load of goals. Yeah, I can see why I'd want a player of that sort in my team.
Right I guess Iniesta and Xavi are nothing compared to Ozil because how are goals created? by asissts and it is that which win you games? Who the hell is talking about R9? or past player? you do know that Rooney still plays for United and is not dead? Any team in the world would have Rooney over Gomez without even thinking. Gomez better than Rooney LOoooOl.
Ganso brought up R9, but deleted his post. That's where R9 came from. I rate Oezil at near Xavi and Iniesta level, so I rate Oezil highly. Apart from that... yeah. I'm sure many teams will reject a proven goalscorer in all areas for a disciplinary challenge, overpaid and whiny bitch. He's a good player, but you don't create a team just by picking up the most talented players. They all have to fit in some way. Proven goalscorers can fit anywhere.
Ok, you quoted me and I didn't mention R9. Anyway I am not attacking Gomez he is currently one of the best in the world, but calling him better than Rooney is absurd. Gomez without service is useless, but Rooney can drop deep and play make for the team he can spread 50 yard passes something Gomez couldn't even dream of. He is great on set pieces and everything else too.
You need to look at yourself
Your the most biased fan in the world that worships Gomez. I am not surprised or even care about what you think about Bayern players. Neutral
Likewise me I am not surprise about what Madrid fans think because they are deluded glory hunters. OK lets be reasonable now, like adult. prove your argument, give me some sort of statistics or a video that shows Gomez only relying on passes and not dropping deep. I BASED ON STATS Gomez has performed better than Rooney over their career and the ideal that Gomez doesn't drop deep and only rely on passing is a myth
Yes you bring up the real madrid fan shit all over again. Get a *bleep* grip. Arquitecto (Liverpool/Bilbao fan) , Bhends(Inter fan), Lord Spencer ( Milan fan), Iceman (Arsenal fan) all said Rooney is better. Show me a video where Gomez actually playmakes for the team. Rooney is an amazing footballer and probably the most all rounded player in the world though he lacks some pace.

Using fellow narrow minded Biase fans and probably haters of Gomez to support your arguement
:facepalm: :facepalm:

Anyways here are the Video for Gomez last 3 matches match, maybe they might give you a better understanding that Gomez can playmake and does not only rely on passings.

Gomez vs Belgium 2 assist and 1 goal

Gomez vs Turkey, His left foot also very stong and that is not a typical poacher goal.

Gomez vs Berlin, he springe up play, beautiful passing games with Ribery.

Gomez DROP deep against Rooney

Last edited by Idrisozet on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:No one is saying Gomez is not a great player NOW , but the fact is if his form drops and he suddenly turns bad all of a sudden and continues to be bad then he will be judged as a bad player and the good year as a fluke.

If he stays in good form and performs well for an extended period of time, then the bad year can be considered a fluke.

Also, Strikers get worse when they they move to a bigger club and creative players get better.
Agreed, but he's still in great form and with no signs of stopping. If he maintain's his current form all throughout the season he's WC, no doubt, IMO.

If he starts sucking all of a sudden I will eat my words, but I highly doubt it.

@Arq. I already said Rooney is a better player. But really, Gomez is a top striker who scores a shitload of goals. Rooney is a striker who can do other stuff but isn't as good scoring.

It's all down to what you want at that level, but Gomez' other skills are highly underrated here. United also has Chicharito, Welbeck, Berbatov, Owen and a slew of other strikers who help out when needed while Bayern has Gomez and Olic who's been injured for ages. If you think a Bayern Munich player has no pressure then I can see you don't rate Bayern very highly.

Sushi, this wasn't directed as you as you seem to be the only reasonable Bayern fan over here.

My point is to the Germans/Bayern fans here in general.

I have already acknowledged Gomez' striking prowess yet I still do not feel he is a better goalscorer then Rooney as this must be a matter of opinion yet Rooney's methods of scoring are more impressive then Gomez'. I'd understand if you disagree here.

And pressure? I was discussing Stuttgart my friend and did not mention Bayern. Bayern is a bigger club then United is lol.

Edit: I mean Roonay. I don't know who "Rooney" is

Last edited by Arquitecto on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Don't rate Gomez as good as Rooney.

We hatin'. Suspect
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

The thing is no one will be chasing after you with a spoon if he fails (I can't stop laughing at the image of the guy in my Avatar chasing Mertsacker with a spoon).

All I am calling for is a little sanity.
I know this place is not fun without the dash of carziness, but when this craziness gets carried even to serious talks, and the crazy's start having a showdown. Then things get ugly....fast.

As an Arsenal fan, you are suffering the same thing with people talking about Arsenal is if it was relegation fodder.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Gomiz :coffee:

Hispano its Roonay Suspect
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Don't rate Gomez as good as Rooney.

We hatin'. Suspect

Not only that we are narrow minded and biased lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:40 pm

@Idrisozet

If only a few assists meant you could playmake lmao.

I guess Higuain is now a play maker too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm

So I, Arq, Bhends, and Iceman are all narrow minded and biased fans.
Sorry fool, and this is what you are for by posting youtube videos as proof and your inaccurate accusation of myself and my fellow posters prove that you are. But we are not being biased when we say that One year is not enough. You have not responded to one argument.

Regardless, please do live on in your fantasy world. Remember that bias robs your enjoyment of the game.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Arquitecto wrote:The Bayern fans at it again.

Gomez was scoring in Stuttgart which isn't exactly a big club. Not being in a big club equals far less pressure and expectations.

Gomez in 2004-05 was scoring only 16 goals in Stuggart II and started only performing notably in 07-08 within Stuttgart.

Rooney in 2004-05 was performing and scoring more then Gomez and only continued to improve whereas Gomez, as mentioned did so in 07-08 while Rooney was doing it EVERY year.

Guess what. He was doing it in MANCHESTER UNITED where the pressure and expectations to perform is 3 times as much as it is in Stuttgart.

Do I have to mention Rooney scoring goals in CL while Gomez was doing it in the UEFA Cup?

Do I have to mention how Rooney wasn't even playing as a striker for more then half of his United career?

Do I have to mention how FAR better in every other aspect of his game then Gomez is? Check the difference of how both of them improve there team with their general play. Yes, Gomez has a more goal-scoring job, but there is a reason why Gerd Muller isn't rated as the best striker of all time.

Rooney scores crucial goals while Gomez is racking it up most of the time against Hertha freaking berlin and Freiburg.

Both of them are crucial for their team, but Rooney is simply more crucial imo.

How about that Rooney does this all in a higher level of play then Gomez?

International? Gomez did not have managers like Eriksen, Mclaren and inner turmoil within his career like Gomez did for a stable Germany.

Rooney is not better internationally? LOL

Check Gomez's record. He has 4 goals against UAE, 3 against Switzerland, 2 against San Marino. I could go on.

He hasn't scored against a single big international team.

What else? He has done all this ONLY in friendlies and qualifiers.

Rooney did the same, except scored goals at a younger age, in bigger stages (Euro 2004), Bigger teams, was not just called up in 2007 unlike Gomez.

Why am I bringing up figures? Cause I don't have to mention who is the overall better and more effective footballer.

Oh yea, Rooney is a year younger and continues to do this under scandals, scrutiny and immense pressure from the nefarious english media.

He still manages to kick teams asses.

Gomez is great no doubt and scores goals for fun. But Rooney has proven himself earlier and in bigger levels of football.

Better player End off.

I am out of here
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:50 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:@Idrisozet

Use your brain to figure out that, that was his last 3 matches.

Should I go as far back as 2007 and post all his videos.

Those where his last 3 matches and as you can see it eradicated your myth that Gomez only score tap in, can't playmake, rely on passing and such and such

That was the reason why I posted his last 3 matches
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:51 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Another way of saying I give up I was wrong?

Seriosul Gerd Muller not consider as one of the best strikers of all time.\

are you kidding me...?????
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Bro, look at Higauin 2 seasons ago.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:@Idrisozet

Use your brain to figure out that, that was his last 3 matches.

Should I go as far back as 2007 and post all his videos.

Those where his last 3 matches and as you can see it eradicated your myth that Gomez only score tap in, can't playmake, rely on passing and such and such

That was the reason why I posted his last 3 matches

It eradicated jack shit. Those videos didn't prove anything sunshine. Go back to youtube and dig harder btw go ask Huntsman for some world class youtube tips.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Idrisozet wrote:

Gerd Muller? who the hell is talking about him? lool
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Idrisozet wrote:

Comprehension fail. Arq said it is one reason he is not considered THE best striker of all time.
Which means that he is among the best strikers, but is not considered the beset by majority.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:58 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

Gerd Muller? who the hell is talking about him? lool

You are a bit blind ain't you.

For Godsake believe it or not it's a big might that Gomez doesn't drop deep, only score tap in.

I didn't have to dig deep to prove my point. I just had to look up his 3 last matches which sort of support my argument.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next