Lord Spencer
Ali
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Bellabong
30 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Gomez scores more goals, i dont care how more talented he is as a player the fact is Gomez does his job alot more affectively than Rooney does at that same job( I know Rooney played as an SS recently but if your going to compare them you have to compared them as CF's).......

Talent means f*ck all as far as iam concerned, if it did Quaresma would be better than Ronaldo as all thier coaches said Quaresma was more talented.....

Which is also why Higuian > Benzema etc etc

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently

Post by Lord Hades Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:15 pm

gomez is fine and all.. hes the most inform striker in the world alongside the usual suspects cr7,messi.. rooney is in a bit of a rough patch right now with his dad getting arrested and him not playing the first three games of the euros but seriously>.. i am no fan of rooney and he does ten to get overrated at times but he is one of the best players in the world.. gomez and benzema are not as good as him ..plain and simple..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:17 pm

When will people ever learn not to enter into a dialogue with Real Madrid Fans.???
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:19 pm

*shrug* I just know who of the two I'd prefer to have in my team and that would be Gomez. I prefer players who don't kick out at their opponent to earn a send off and ban for 2-3 matches and thus let down their team and who actually score goals when they are needed.

And for me it is very much important that the player performs on the international level, too. It might be alien to many English / PL fans, but there are quite some people for whom international matches are still the footballing summit as that's still the greatest stage.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Give it up, RWO. It's a clear case of "Bundesliga player does not play for my team, so he's not rated" syndrome. Severe case.

If you argue Gomez has it easy breaking into the German NT and performing well, let's remember a few things. He benched Miroslav frakking Klose. Also, Manchester United has been far better than Bayern until recent years (oh, but guess who eliminated them from the CL 2 years ago, lulz) so Rooney has had it even easier, if you put it that way. Never had to play for friggin' Stuttgart.

To sum it up, Gomez is just as proven as Rooney over the years, but due to playing in the Bundesliga is not rated.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I am NOT A REAL MADRID FAN.

For GL's sake. Has been good in a high level for ONE year. ONE. That is the lowest integer there is. Get it, ONE. You need to have more than ONE year to be taken seriously. Anything else is over-hype. Fraking George Weah did not perform with his national team. Did not stop him from bossing with his club(s) it is stupid that it was needed fot a player to play great for 3-5 years to be considered WC and now you need 3 games to be considered one.

Rooney have been great with his club for 5 years.
Gomez have been great for his club for 1 year.
-the Stuttgart year does not count nor does the Everton years for Rooney.
Rooney have been so-so for England for 5 years.
Gomes have been great for Germany for 1 year

5>1 for club.
1 good year for country does not make 5 years of club become worthless.

ONE year is an insignificant benchmark. Learn to control the hype. Seriously, one great year and the man is Podolski. FFS Klose is doing a better job dragging Lazio nearly by himself.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:34 pm

what does it have to do with me being a Real Madrid fan? didnt know we signed rooney too
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I am NOT A REAL MADRID FAN.

For GL's sake. Has been good in a high level for ONE year. ONE. That is the lowest integer there is. Get it, ONE. You need to have more than ONE year to be taken seriously. Anything else is over-hype. Fraking George Weah did not perform with his national team. Did not stop him from bossing with his club(s) it is stupid that it was needed fot a player to play great for 3-5 years to be considered WC and now you need 3 games to be considered one.

5>1 for club.

ONE year is an insignificant benchmark. Learn to control the hype. Seriously, one great year and the man is Podolski. FFS Klose is doing a better job dragging Lazio nearly by himself.

Don't bother lol talking sense doesn't get you anywhere.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Apperantly Rooney is all talent and hasn't done anything. Laughing
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:38 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:

5>1 for club.

Is R9 currently playing? R9 would eat any current CF for dinner, but we're comparing current players.

Gomez isn't the best of players, actually. He's pretty technically limited but makes up for it with insane killer instinct and a bag of goals. What are we talking about here? Oh, football. How is football won? Oh, with a load of goals.

Yeah, I can see why I'd want a player of that sort in my team.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
rwo power wrote:And what did Rooney manage to do with the English NT in the last years? Other than collect red cards, I mean...

But Gomez only started performing last year for the both club and country.

Also, the class of the German NT is far above the England NT that its not fair comparing the two based on NT performance. Bottom line is that Gomez needs to keep this up for two years before even being spoken off among the best in the game yet.

Rooneu despite my dislike for him have been performing consistently at a high level for more than five years. Gomez was a joke before last years, and best of luck, but more time is needed before accurately judging him.

Gomez only started performing for CLUB last year
:facepalm: :facepalm:

Bottom line is that Gomez needs to keep this up for two years before even being spoken off among the best in the game yet.

hmm hmm hmm hmm

Country
Gomez 21 goals in 49 appearance for Germany since 2007

Rooney 28 goals in 73 appearance for England since 2003

League
Gomez 132 League Goals in 233 appearance since 2003

Rooney 126 league goals in 291 appearance since 2002.

Just because you have not be following Gomez this past years doesn't mean he has not been performing in those past years

There is a reason why Bayern paid more than 30million for him.

Because Rooney is uglier doesn't mean his better

Last edited by Idrisozet on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:39 pm

So when we consider Cavani as one of the top CFs we can't compare him to Rooney or Gomez because he hasn't been proven in Europe yet, even though current form alone puts him in top 3 of the world?

I'm not saying Gomez is #2 of the world because that's funny, and those Castrol rankings are shit. But when Gomez can't be said in the same breath as Shrek it makes me piss on the floor laughing.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:42 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

5>1 for club.

Is R9 currently playing? R9 would eat any current CF for dinner, but we're comparing current players.

Gomez isn't the best of players, actually. He's pretty technically limited but makes up for it with insane killer instinct and a bag of goals. What are we talking about here? Oh, football. How is football won? Oh, with a load of goals.

Right I guess Iniesta and Xavi are nothing compared to Ozil because how are goals created? by asissts and it is that which win you games?

Who the hell is talking about R9? or past player? you do know that Rooney still plays for United and is not dead?

Any team in the world would have Rooney over Gomez without even thinking.

Gomez better than Rooney LOoooOl.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:42 pm

5>1 for club.

perfect post except one is not the lowest integer Wink
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:47 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

5>1 for club.

Right I guess Iniesta and Xavi are nothing compared to Ozil because how are goals created? by asissts and it is that which win you games?

Who the hell is talking about R9? or past player? you do know that Rooney still plays for United and is not dead?

Ganso brought up R9, but deleted his post. That's where R9 came from.

I rate Oezil at near Xavi and Iniesta level, so I rate Oezil highly.

Apart from that... yeah. I'm sure many teams will reject a proven goalscorer in all areas for a disciplinary challenge, overpaid and whiny bitch. He's a good player, but you don't create a team just by picking up the most talented players. They all have to fit in some way. Proven goalscorers can fit anywhere.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

rooney >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gomez
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

5>1 for club.

Apart from that... yeah. I'm sure many teams will reject a proven goalscorer in all areas for a disciplinary challenge, overpaid and whiny bitch. He's a good player, but you don't create a team just by picking up the most talented players. They all have to fit in some way. Proven goalscorers can fit anywhere.

Ok, you quoted me and I didn't mention R9.

Anyway I am not attacking Gomez he is currently one of the best in the world, but calling him better than Rooney is absurd.

Gomez without service is useless, but Rooney can drop deep and play make for the team he can spread 50 yard passes something Gomez couldn't even dream of. He is great on set pieces and everything else too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:52 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

5>1 for club.

Anyway I am not attacking Gomez he is currently one of the best in the world, but calling him better than Rooney is absurd.

Gomez without service is useless, but Rooney can drop deep and play make for the team he can spread 50 yard passes something Gomez couldn't even dream of. He is great on set pieces and everything else too.

You need to look at yourself

Your judgement is not based on what you have seen but absolute assumptions

Last edited by Idrisozet on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Rooney can do a multitude of things with great efficiency.
Gomez can only do one.

Bundesliga fans who are reading this will take it as if I'm attacking Gomez...but why? Weren't you saying that all that matters is that he scores goals? Then my statements shouldn't be getting to you...

Also, let's stop with the Bundesliga inferiority complex please.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Give it up, RWO. It's a clear case of "Bundesliga player does not play for my team, so he's not rated" syndrome. Severe case.

If you argue Gomez has it easy breaking into the German NT and performing well, let's remember a few things. He benched Miroslav frakking Klose. Also, Manchester United has been far better than Bayern until recent years (oh, but guess who eliminated them from the CL 2 years ago, lulz) so Rooney has had it even easier, if you put it that way. Never had to play for friggin' Stuttgart.

To sum it up, Gomez is just as proven as Rooney over the years, but due to playing in the Bundesliga is not rated.

Lies;

let us take the last five years as an example:

Rooney:
227 appearances.
111 goals
60 assist
g/g ratio: .50
a/g ratio: .26
Hence, Rooney has a .76 goals scored or cause ratio.

Gomez:
196 appearances
132 goals
23 assists
g/g ratio: .67
a/g ratio: .10
Hence, Gomez has a .77 goals scored or cause ratio

However, if we remove last year
Rooney improves to a .83
and Gomez drops to a .69

Which shows what a year affects the score.

And this is only by using the brute unreliable goals/assists record of two different leagues without taking into account the level of competition, the overall contribution to the team, the position.

Gomez had one year better than Rooney, and suddenly he is as proven as Rooney.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

5>1 for club.

Your the most biased fan in the world that worships Gomez. I am not surprised or even care about what you think about Bayern players. Neutral
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:55 pm

diptiman wrote:

5>1 for club.

perfect post except one is not the lowest integer Wink

Confused Integers with Natural numbers.

Okay, ONE is the lowest Natural number.

(stupid zero and the negative integers ruining my post)
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:58 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

5>1 for club.

Your the most biased fan in the world that worships Gomez. I am not surprised or even care about what you think about Bayern players. Neutral

Likewise me I am not surprise about what Madrid fans think because they are deluded glory hunters.

OK lets be reasonable now, like adult. prove your argument, give me some sort of statistics or a video that shows Gomez only relying on passes and not dropping deep.

I BASED ON STATS Gomez has performed better than Rooney over their career and the ideal that Gomez doesn't drop deep and only rely on passing is a myth
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Again, the Gomez can only score is a myth. He backtracks, repeatedly helps out the defense due to his size and opens up space for other players. Oh, only Gomez scores for Bayern? Sorry, but Ribéry, Mueller and co. can also score, too. His assist rate is not bad at all for a supposed poacher. His temperament is also much better, never throwing hissy fits so he's paid more or having criminal parents, nor is suspended from important tournaments.

Yes, Rooney is a better player overall. But who gives a shit? The aim of the game is to score goals, boys and girls. Yet, this is not all Gomez can do. Rooney's Hollywood passes are pretty to the eye, but I'd rather a goal than those passes, IMO.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Iceman wrote:Rooney can do a multitude of things with great efficiency.
Gomez can only do one.

Bundesliga fans who are reading this will take it as if I'm attacking Gomez...but why? Weren't you saying that all that matters is that he scores goals? Then my statements shouldn't be getting to you...

Also, let's stop with the Bundesliga inferiority complex please.

Cesc can only do two things with great efficiency.......

Thiago can do multiple things....

See what i did there ?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Give it up, RWO. It's a clear case of "Bundesliga player does not play for my team, so he's not rated" syndrome. Severe case.

Lies;

let us take the last five years as an example:

Rooney:
227 appearances.
111 goals
60 assist
g/g ratio: .50
a/g ratio: .26
Hence, Rooney has a .76 goals scored or cause ratio.

Gomez:
196 appearances
132 goals
23 assists
g/g ratio: .67
a/g ratio: .10
Hence, Gomez has a .77 goals scored or cause ratio

However, if we remove last year
Rooney improves to a .83
and Gomez drops to a .69

Which shows what a year affects the score.

And this is only by using the brute unreliable goals/assists record of two different leagues without taking into account the level of competition, the overall contribution to the team, the position.

Gomez had one year better than Rooney, and suddenly he is as proven as Rooney.
I'm sure Rooney could have the same numbers playing for frakking Stuttgart for 5 years. It's like the people who don't rate Di Natale for playing in Udinese. Also, Stuttgart had a few CL seasons, but obviously have an extremely limited squad so they didn't go far.

Gomez was also injured for the large part of that mediocre season, so it's not really his fault.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next