Lord Spencer
Ali
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Bellabong
30 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 9 Empty Re: Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:Even now Rooney is in better form than Gomez. I don't care if Gomez scored a few more goals the way United is playing because of Rooney is incredible. Take Rooney out and replace him with someone on the bench and they wont even be any where near as effective.

Replace Gomez with Olic/Pieters and you will still be top of the table maybe by not as many goals scored but still the same results.

Just shows how bad United is in comparison to Bayern, nothing more :bball:

BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 9 Empty Re: Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:Even now Rooney is in better form than Gomez. I don't care if Gomez scored a few more goals the way United is playing because of Rooney is incredible. Take Rooney out and replace him with someone on the bench and they wont even be any where near as effective.

Replace Gomez with Olic/Pieters and you will still be top of the table maybe by not as many goals scored but still the same results.
Current United midfield is crap and no, Olic/Peterson wouldn't be able to replicate what he does for Bayern Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:37 am

Ribery, Robben(injured), Piggy, Muller and Kroos can do enough damage to be top of Bundesliga without Gomez even though they are a better team with him in it.

I can't say the same about United and Rooney. Liverpool game was just specific tactics from SAF to play for a draw. Rooney isn't exactly a defender.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 am

@ Babun

I think Spencer is saying that for Gomez to be counted as a great player like Rooney et al, he has to perform for Bayern and Germany for one more year and the Euros which is obviously one of the biggest stages.

Are you saying he is already as good as Rooney?

Form-wise, i already think he is having one of the best seasons in Europe. However, i cant make up my mind about him being a great striker, because of his somewhat inconsistent performances for Bayern.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:39 am

babun1024 wrote:

Current United midfield is crap and no, Olic/Peterson wouldn't be able to replicate what he does for Bayern Very Happy

Exactly United midfield is crap and yet Rooney still manages to do what he does. He is midfielder and forward for United.

Of course Olic and Pieters won't be able to replicate what Gomez does,but imo what they could do is enough to still be top of the table due to the other important players Bayern have.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:40 am

Talent wise, Rooney's better. We've all established that.

Form wise, they're in the zone.

Gomez has also increased his overall skills. He's not as 2D as before.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:45 am

kiranr wrote:@ Babun

I think Spencer is saying that for Gomez to be counted as a great player like Rooney et al, he has to perform for Bayern and Germany for one more year and the Euros which is obviously one of the biggest stages.

Form-wise, i already think he is having one of the best seasons in Europe. However, i cant make up my mind about him being a great striker, because of his somewhat inconsistent performances for Bayern.
The point is, he has been doing what he does for Bayern now in Stuttgart for 5 years. He even won the Bundesliga with them in said period of time and scored hattricks against Bayern. He had 1 transitional year in Van Gaals tiki taka in 6 years of constant performances. Even under Van Gaal's first year where he rarely started he had a formidable goal/minute ratio. My point, discarding all of his consistency because of his transitional year in Bayern doesn't make sense Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:48 am

I don't think anyone can neglect Gomez' Stuttgart form considering how limited he was there.

I can understand how they would see if he maintains his form this season, most of all in Europe, to see if he's a fluke or not. IMO, he's never gonna fluke because his class is already apparent. But yeah, there's so much hype going around I can understand why some are dubious.

So just watch the Napoli game and learn, boys and girls Afro
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:49 am

babun1024 wrote:

The point is, he has been doing what he does for Bayern now in Stuttgart for 5 years. He even won the Bundesliga with them in said period of time and scored hattricks against Bayern. He had 1 transitional year in Van Gaals tiki taka in 6 years of constant performances. Even under Van Gaal's first year where he rarely started he had a formidable goal/minute ratio. My point, discarding all of his consistency because of his transitional year in Bayern doesn't make sense Very Happy

But I am not doing that, I am just saying that if he doesn't do it in the big stage this year, it WILL be discarded because of the simple fact players are remembered by stepping up when it matters.

I think he will deliver this year. I am just uncomfortable at rating the players so high before the season is over.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:53 am

babun1024 wrote:

I already said that i think he is an excellent striker. I admit, i did not see him with Stuttgart, so i have no idea about how good he was there. When i saw him with Bayern, i did not think much of him in the beginning. But he is definitely changing my mind about him. So, for me, his awesomeness will become undisputed only after i see his performances this season and the Euros...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
kiranr wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Lord Spencer wrote:

I am butthurt because I think this year is going to be the year Gomez makes his legacy apparently. Babun should stick to claiming Bayern are CL pretenders and over-hyping youngsters. Actually proving to his point (like how saying the above point makes me a butthurt Serie A fan) is not a skill he is used to. Faking his death and making fools of all of us is more in his skill-set.
Last ressort of someone who loses a debate, they go on in personal attacks Very Happy Very noble... Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 9 2222139670

Gomez owns with or without your acknowledgment and he wasn't on planet Mars for the last 5 years, he was scoring goals for fun at Stuttgart not for one, two or three but for 5 seasons Very Happy

Didn't you call him a butthurt Serie A fan first?

He is a troll and he knows it.

Anything Gomez ever done will not be recognized if he doesn't do it again this year because this year is probably the most important year for him yet.

Funny that you admitted you thought he was shit, while I never said he was shit. You obviously change your opinions as rapidly as Anelka changes teams.

Babuns case is very similar to yours, lets keeps this elementary again.

1 Babun

2 Lord Spencer

3 Idrisozet.

1st Babun used to think Gomez was shit and had one Good season, but I made him understand that Gomez has always been good, I showed him that it was a myth that Gomez doesn't drop deep, lack skills and doesn't contribute to team play and he made a research about it and now his a Gomez fan

The only difference between you and Babun is that Babun researched and find out how good Gomez has always been but you failed to do this, you rather just stick to all those myth like Rooney is far better than Gomez in last season and Gomez has only had one good season, whereas in fact if you do your research properly like Babun did. You will learn to appreciated Gomez Career so far and stop undermining all those great season he had with Stuttgart. There was a reason why Bayern Paid 30million for him 2 years ago
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
kiranr wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Lord Spencer wrote:

I am butthurt because I think this year is going to be the year Gomez makes his legacy apparently. Babun should stick to claiming Bayern are CL pretenders and over-hyping youngsters. Actually proving to his point (like how saying the above point makes me a butthurt Serie A fan) is not a skill he is used to. Faking his death and making fools of all of us is more in his skill-set.
Last ressort of someone who loses a debate, they go on in personal attacks Very Happy Very noble... Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 9 2222139670

Gomez owns with or without your acknowledgment and he wasn't on planet Mars for the last 5 years, he was scoring goals for fun at Stuttgart not for one, two or three but for 5 seasons Very Happy

Didn't you call him a butthurt Serie A fan first?

He is a troll and he knows it.

Anything Gomez ever done will not be recognized if he doesn't do it again this year because this year is probably the most important year for him yet.

Funny that you admitted you thought he was shit, while I never said he was shit. You obviously change your opinions as rapidly as Anelka changes teams.

Babuns case is very similar to yours, lets keeps this elementary again.

1 Babun

2 Lord Spencer

3 Idrisozet.

1st Babun used to think Gomez was shit and had one Good season, but I made him understand that Gomez has always been good, I showed him that it was a myth that Gomez doesn't drop deep, lack skills and doesn't contribute to team play and he made a research about it and now his a Gomez fan

The only difference between you and Babun is that Babun researched and find out how good Gomez has always been but you failed to do this, you rather just stick to all those myth like Rooney is far better than Gomez in last season and Gomez has only had one good season, whereas in fact if you do your research properly like Babun did. You will learn to appreciated Gomez Career so far and stop undermining all those great season he had with Stuttgart. There was a reason why Bayern Paid 30million for him 2 years ago

Oh GOD. But I didn't say Bayren was shit, and I didn't say Rooney was
better last season. My argument is that Rooney did it already at the
biggest stages while this year is Gomez's year.

I discussed that with you yesterday about Gomez NOT being Inzaghi-like.
So I already know he has more to offer, and I have seen how he actually
IMPROVED on his Stuttgart days. My point is how general perception of
him will not change unless he performs well this year, PERIOD. People
will not bother looking up his Stuttgart days if he does not perform
this year, just as Owen's best days are a thing of the past. Players
have a chance to create a legacy for themselves. This year is Gomez's
chance at stamping his legacy.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Gomez missed a penalty and failed to win the game.

Rooney scored 2. banana

trolololol
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Gomez had a terrible game today

I am satisfied with the draw
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:45 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Gomez missed a penalty and failed to win the game.

Rooney scored 2. banana

trolololol
Against mighty Otelul banana
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:46 pm

A terrible game does not make him a flop all of a sudden.

I hoped Man City would draw, but a last minute goal complicates things for Napoli.

There are no easy matches in this group.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:48 pm

If Bayern beat City at home and Napoli beat Villarreal, we're set.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Gomez was an absolute flop in this match, I am so *bleep* upset with him

Jupp's pissed me of the most, No substitution.

Why they *bleep* do we play

Boateng as right...? when his much better and reduce the pressure in CB
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Heynckes was clearly satisfied with a draw, dude. Gomez missed a penalty and it was a very unlucky own goal. Just bad luck overall and we have to salvage the best of it. Still 1st and next match is at home.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Who wasn't a flop today ? Schweini was bad, Ribery was bad, Müller was worse, only Tymoschthschuk and Kroos were 'decent'
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Godmez was on his own most of the time. The whole team was more withdrawn. He did as much as he could as lone outlet Very Happy Him and Ribery got the VIP treatment. If anything, Kroos and Muller should've capitalized on freed space on their side more Very Happy
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Who wasn't a flop today ? Schweini was bad, Ribery was bad, Müller was worse, only Tymoschthschuk and Kroos were 'decent'
This too, he needs rest Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:54 pm

They did not flop. Napoli defended extremely well and most of the game was a grindfest, anyways.

No subs, either. I wanted to see Godlic.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:56 pm

http://www.castrolfootball.com/rankings/rankings/player/22636/Willy%20Caballero

Willy Caballero, Malaga's Argentine keeper moved from #231 in the world to #12... Casillas who?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Rafinha could have offer more to our attack.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Well, that's why he is *second* best player. If he'd win every game on his own, then he'd be best Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:59 pm

IMO, playing Boateng in RB was a good move, because it pretty much made that flank safe, especially with Lahm not having his greatest game.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next