Lord Spencer
Ali
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Bellabong
30 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 Empty Re: Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:04 am

Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
jibers wrote:I'm sorry but on current form he is the second best player in the big leagues atm. Why people are complaining is beyond me.
Another butthurt Serie A fan... Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 2222139670

So I am butthurt because Gomez is being hyped. Why the *bleep* would I care. I am constantly saying how great he *bleep* is last year. And yet you are the one who seems fixated on hyping the guy.

I said the same thing to Milan fans hyping Pato, to Juve fans hyping Marchisio, to Arsenal fans hyping RVP and would say it to Bayern fans hyping Gomez. One year is not enough. I am saying he IS the greatest of the bunch of players knocking the door of greatness, but he is not there yet. If you were confident of his abilities you would just wait a year to see how the season treats him.

You wouldn't even have to come to me because I will most likely be the one to congratulate him. Why would I get butthurt at watching a great player play. You are stupid at saying that I am butthurt when none of my posts indicated such.

Do you want me to compare Gomez stats with Rooney stats over the last 5 season, season after season, You will be very surprise that Gomez has had better season over the last 5 years, season after season.

and International level

I already did that, few pages back, but only for club level. Gomez is yet to feature in any major tournament as a starter yet. Rooney sucked for England in 2010. And was decent in 2006.

Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 Empty Re: Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:07 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
jibers wrote:I'm sorry but on current form he is the second best player in the big leagues atm. Why people are complaining is beyond me.
Another butthurt Serie A fan... Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 2222139670

So I am butthurt because Gomez is being hyped. Why the *bleep* would I care. I am constantly saying how great he *bleep* is last year. And yet you are the one who seems fixated on hyping the guy.

I said the same thing to Milan fans hyping Pato, to Juve fans hyping Marchisio, to Arsenal fans hyping RVP and would say it to Bayern fans hyping Gomez. One year is not enough. I am saying he IS the greatest of the bunch of players knocking the door of greatness, but he is not there yet. If you were confident of his abilities you would just wait a year to see how the season treats him.

You wouldn't even have to come to me because I will most likely be the one to congratulate him. Why would I get butthurt at watching a great player play. You are stupid at saying that I am butthurt when none of my posts indicated such.
Gomez 132 League Goals in 233 appearance since 2003

Rooney 126 league goals in 291 appearance since 2002.

Again for you, check wikipedia, espn or any other source. Numbers don't lie, specially for strikers Very Happy

Notice, post length =|= quality Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 2222139670

Why don't you post the assist stats, look a few pages back and you will see the stats. Rooney is an SS, and I did say goals involved in, which includes both Goals and assist.

Reading comprehension, learn to use it.
Derailing from facts? Very Happy Poor attempt Mr. Spencer, try harder next time Very Happy Now, it's about assists? Very Happy
eco smile

A tactical question to you, how many assists could a CF bag if he doesn't play false 9 role? Very Happy
The other point, a CF could cause goals more often by being involved in buildups or taking defenders away but those don't count as assists. What a pity... Very Happy
Assists =|= impact otherwise Ozil would boss Xavi for some Lord Spencer reason... Very Happy

again Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:37 am

babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Again for you, check wikipedia, espn or any other source. Numbers don't lie, specially for strikers Very Happy

Notice, post length =|= quality Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 2222139670

Why don't you post the assist stats, look a few pages back and you will see the stats. Rooney is an SS, and I did say goals involved in, which includes both Goals and assist.

Derailing from facts? Very Happy Poor attempt Mr. Spencer, try harder next time Very Happy Now, it's about assists? Very Happy
Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 2222139670

A tactical question to you, how many assists could a CF bag if he doesn't play false 9 role? Very Happy
The other point, a CF could cause goals more often by being involved in buildups or taking defenders away but those don't count as assists. What a pity... Very Happy
Assists =|= impact otherwise Ozil would boss Xavi for some Lord Spencer reason... Very Happy

again Very Happy

And Rooney plays as a striker since when. You fail to realize you are comparing two players in different positions which I was asked to do in the first place because Idris thinks Rooney is a striker, and then you pretend I put in assists as a derailing attempt. You obviously have not read the whole thread, and in the same reasoning you claim I would say Ozil better than Xavi you fail to realize the difference in position between Ozil and Xavi. Fail to realize the difference Rooney makes to an average side offensively.

Also, you have not responded about your sill you claims of me being butthurt.

But weren't you who claimed Bayern are going to suffer because of their poor defense. You also faile to realize that then as you called Bayern a "CL pretender".
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:46 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

again Very Happy

And Rooney plays as a striker since when. You fail to realize you are comparing two players in different positions which I was asked to do in the first place because Idris thinks Rooney is a striker, and then you pretend I put in assists as a derailing attempt. You obviously have not read the whole thread, and in the same reasoning you claim I would say Ozil better than Xavi you fail to realize the difference in position between Ozil and Xavi. Fail to realize the difference Rooney makes to an average side offensively.

But weren't you who claimed Bayern are going to suffer because of their poor defense. You also faile to realize that then as you called Bayern a "CL pretender".

If Rooney is not a striker, what is he to you.

a Goalkeeper...?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:52 am

Idrisozet wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

again Very Happy

If Rooney is not a striker, what is he to you.

a Goalkeeper...?

Yes, in fact he is a GK.

Rooney is not a CF, he is an SS. A Second Striker who lays deep and act as a makeshift playmaker.

And should not be compared to a CF.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:58 am

Rooney's an SS bro. Chicharito's been the Cf last season.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:31 am

babun1024 wrote:

@44s and the goal, tell me a better story brah! eco smile

I just noticed that MĆ¼ller is "mutterseelenallein" on the right with the most space seen in a football match in a looong time. I'm curious as to why RibĆ©ry passed to Gomez instead of MĆ¼ller
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 am

sigh.... Why dont you guys realize that castrol rankings are an indicator of form rather than talent....

Atleast i take it that way. Gomez has been doing a brilliant job for Bayern over the past 1 year. So, on form, he is currently right up there. I dont see how anyone can dispute this...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_San_Mia Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:17 am

maybe some of you hate his style of playing but even in dribbling he's improving ...he never gives up he fight for 90 mins scores a lot of goals and fit well in our system 4-2-3-1 !!! he has a lot of creative players behind him (robben-ribery-muller0kroos-schweini) and he is a king inside the box !! as pure striker i say he is the best in the world now
Mia_San_Mia
Mia_San_Mia
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:04 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Another butthurt Serie A fan... eco smile

me?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:18 pm

jibers wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

me?
Lord Spencer Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:21 pm

babun1024 wrote:
jibers wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

me?
Lord Spencer Very Happy

looooooooooooooooool. This thread is just screaming bitter tbh. Stats are there to see. He is currently the most in form player in the top leagues by a mile. NT, check, Domestic League, check, Champions league, check. (btw Messi doesnt count, he is inhuman)
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:25 pm

jibers wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
jibers wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

me?
Lord Spencer Very Happy

looooooooooooooooool. This thread is just screaming bitter tbh. Stats are there to see. He is currently the most in form player in the top leagues by a mile. NT, check, Domestic League, check, Champions league, check. (btw Messi doesnt count, he is inhuman)

I am butthurt because I think this year is going to be the year Gomez makes his legacy apparently. Babun should stick to claiming Bayern are CL pretenders and over-hyping youngsters. Actually proving to his point (like how saying the above point makes me a butthurt Serie A fan) is not a skill he is used to. Faking his death and making fools of all of us is more in his skill-set.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Phritz wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

@44s and the goal, tell me a better story brah! eco smile

I just noticed that MĆ¼ller is "mutterseelenallein" on the right with the most space seen in a football match in a looong time. I'm curious as to why RibĆ©ry passed to Gomez instead of MĆ¼ller
Ribery's direct passing lines are cut if he were to cross high Muller wouldn't be alone anymore after receiving the ball. Gomez had a better position to pass to him but he was busy with three defenders / couldn't take his eyes off the ball Very Happy

Lord Spencer wrote:
jibers wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
jibers wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

me?
Lord Spencer Very Happy

I am butthurt because I think this year is going to be the year Gomez makes his legacy apparently. Babun should stick to claiming Bayern are CL pretenders and over-hyping youngsters. Actually proving to his point (like how saying the above point makes me a butthurt Serie A fan) is not a skill he is used to. Faking his death and making fools of all of us is more in his skill-set.
Last ressort of someone who loses a debate, they go on in personal attacks Very Happy Very noble... eco smile

Gomez owns with or without your acknowledgment and he wasn't on planet Mars for the last 5 years, he was scoring goals for fun at Stuttgart not for one, two or three but for 5 seasons Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
jibers wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
jibers wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

me?
Lord Spencer Very Happy

Shit just got real...

Last edited by jibers on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:No one is saying Gomez is not a great player NOW , but the fact is if his form drops and he suddenly turns bad all of a sudden and continues to be bad then he will be judged as a bad player and the good year as a fluke.

If he stays in good form and performs well for an extended period of time, then the bad year can be considered a fluke.

Also, Strikers get worse when they they move to a bigger club and creative players get better.
Agreed, but he's still in great form and with no signs of stopping. If he maintain's his current form all throughout the season he's WC, no doubt, IMO.

If he starts sucking all of a sudden I will eat my words, but I highly doubt it.

@Arq. I already said Rooney is a better player. But really, Gomez is a top striker who scores a shitload of goals. Rooney is a striker who can do other stuff but isn't as good scoring.

It's all down to what you want at that level, but Gomez' other skills are highly underrated here. United also has Chicharito, Welbeck, Berbatov, Owen and a slew of other strikers who help out when needed while Bayern has Gomez and Olic who's been injured for ages. If you think a Bayern Munich player has no pressure then I can see you don't rate Bayern very highly.

I also agree with Hispano, the thread should be forward, not player.

Sushi, this wasn't directed as you as you seem to be the only reasonable Bayern fan over here.

My point is to the Germans/Bayern fans here in general.

I have already acknowledged Gomez' striking prowess yet I still do not feel he is a better goalscorer then Rooney as this must be a matter of opinion yet Rooney's methods of scoring are more impressive then Gomez'. I'd understand if you disagree here.

And pressure? I was discussing Stuttgart my friend and did not mention Bayern. Bayern is a bigger club then United is lol.

Edit: I mean Roonay. I don't know who "Rooney" is

manchester united is bigger than bayern though
maybe you were being sarcastic, in that case my bad
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:24 pm

babun1024 wrote:

Lord Spencer wrote:

Last ressort of someone who loses a debate, they go on in personal attacks Very Happy Very noble... eco smile

Gomez owns with or without your acknowledgment and he wasn't on planet Mars for the last 5 years, he was scoring goals for fun at Stuttgart not for one, two or three but for 5 seasons Very Happy

Didn't you call him a butthurt Serie A fan first?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:28 pm

kiranr wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Lord Spencer wrote:

Last ressort of someone who loses a debate, they go on in personal attacks Very Happy Very noble... Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 2222139670

He is a troll and he knows it.

Anything Gomez ever done will not be recognized if he doesn't do it again this year because this year is probably the most important year for him yet.

Funny that you admitted you thought he was shit, while I never said he was shit. You obviously change your opinions as rapidly as Anelka changes teams.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Easy there, tiger. Let's not get too impulsive.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 pm

kiranr wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Lord Spencer wrote:

Yeah, after he just ignored my arguments and went on talking about how this season is a breakthrough for Godmez... Very Happy
I slapped stats about his goal scoring exploits for past 5 years, he chose to ignore. I ignored the rest of his posts in return, you couldn't possibly discuss with a wall, could you? Well, you could but where is the fun in it? Very Happy
If you don't believe me track the pages backward eco smile
Lord Spencer wrote:
kiranr wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Lord Spencer wrote:

Last ressort of someone who loses a debate, they go on in personal attacks Very Happy Very noble... Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 2222139670

He is a troll and he knows it.

Anything Gomez ever done will not be recognized if he doesn't do it again this year because this year is probably the most important year for him yet.

Funny that you admitted you thought he was shit, while I never said he was shit. You obviously change your opinions as rapidly as Anelka changes teams.
@kinrar, you don't even need to scroll back. It's like me saying to you, everything that Messi has done outside of clasicos for the past 5 years doesn't count because I didn't follow Farca Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:21 pm

babun1024 wrote:
kiranr wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Lord Spencer wrote:

Yeah, after he just ignored my arguments and went on talking about how this season is a breakthrough for Godmez... Very Happy
I slapped stats about his goal scoring exploits for past 5 years, he chose to ignore. I ignored the rest of his posts in return, you couldn't possibly discuss with a wall, could you? Well, you could but where is the fun in it? Very Happy
If you don't believe me track the pages backward Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 2222139670

I never ignore Gomez's goal scoring exploits, an if you bothered to read the thread from the start you would see that my position was and is simply that this year is more important than any other year before for Gomez. Simply because he is now a starter for a full strength Bayern looking to get a CL, and a starter for a full strength Germany looking to grab a Euro. Which will make his performance this year the benchmark for his career so far.

Great players are remembered for stepping up in the big year, and not being great for several years and then not step up when it counts most. The fact you believed he was shit before is a testament of how fickle fans are, and perception is what makes a player Great of Good. This year will either be where the world perceives him as great, or as just good.

There is nothing butthurt about this opinion. Nothing outragous, and nothing that you know is untrue.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:...
First of all, we're in a forum, keep your cool. I didn't and don't intend to troll you. You can't have proper reasoning when emotions are in play Very Happy Cool down first...

Second, you contradicted yourself in your previous posts in this thread too much, so much that I don't understand what you're trying to prove anymore. I avoided the dodgy subjects and concentrated on your sole point about how this season is a breakthrough for Godmez as a WC striker Very Happy
I don't agree with you on that even one bit and I could statistically back it up Very Happy All you do is to speculate Very Happy
Your opinion without proofs is worth almost zero to me. If you can't get my standpoint then agree to disagree eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Even now Rooney is in better form than Gomez. I don't care if Gomez scored a few more goals the way United is playing because of Rooney is incredible. Take Rooney out and replace him with someone on the bench and they wont even be any where near as effective.

Replace Gomez with Olic/Pieters and you will still be top of the table maybe by not as many goals scored but still the same results.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Olic is coming back from huge injuries. Pieters is very unproven.

Sorry, but Gomez is just as important to Bayern as Rooney is to ManU. Hell, Rooney can even be benched in some games Laughing

Bayern don't have the depth ManU have.

I don't know how you can base Rooney's form in better shape than Gomez. They're both playing very well. Gomez I'd say is doing more of a job because he has no direct bench and he's also in a very tough CL group.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:34 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:...
First of all, we're in a forum, keep your cool. I didn't and don't intend to troll you. You can't have proper reasoning when emotions are in play Very Happy Cool down first...

Second, you contradicted yourself in your previous posts in this thead too much, so much that I don't understand what you're trying to prove anymore. I avoided the dodgy subjects and concentrated on your sole point about how this season is a breakthrough for Godmez as a WC striker Very Happy
I don't agree with you on that even one bit and I could statistically back it up Very Happy All you do is to speculate Very Happy
Your opinion without proofs is worth almost zero to me. If you can't get my standpoint then agree to disagree Mario Gomez 2nd best player in the world apparently - Page 8 2222139670

Please show where I contradicted myself.
My only point is how Gomez is the one in red.
But you seem to understand my meaning of breakthrough wrong.

I said that it was a breakthrough to becoming a Tier one player, a player who can then move on to become a legend. I did not mean it as a breakthrough year for a youngster, but like 2009 was Messi's breakthrough year in showing the world his prowess.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:34 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Even now Rooney is in better form than Gomez. I don't care if Gomez scored a few more goals the way United is playing because of Rooney is incredible. Take Rooney out and replace him with someone on the bench and they wont even be any where near as effective.

Replace Gomez with Olic/Pieters and you will still be top of the table maybe by not as many goals scored but still the same results.

Just shows how bad United is in comparison to Bayern, nothing more :bball:
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next