Zees
VivaStPauli
AttacanteBG
51 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Best XI of all time - Page 4 Empty Re: Best XI of all time

Post by AttacanteBG Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Puyol better then Cannavaro? This exclude "immaculate mole" from every football disscusion ever.

AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:26 am

AttacanteBG wrote:Puyol better then Cannavaro? This exclude "immaculate mole" from every football disscusion ever.

Are you willing to back your statements up with actual facts or just continue attacking people because you dont agree with thier opinions?

Grow up kid, i have forgetten more about football than you will ever learn.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:00 pm

I will start with the competiton you seemed to forget as you said and the one you discredit.

World cup 2006. One of the most impresing performance by the defender ever. He single-handledly lead Italian back line, without even one mistake for 690 minutes, wining everything both in the air and on the ground. Ital conceded only two goals in that competition. One own-goal, and Zidane's penalty. I am not sure do you get what it means when one team conceds only two goals in whole competition such as world cup? Facing Ghana, Chehz Republic, United States, Australia, Ukraine, Germany, France....

Thats not the whole international story. There are qualifications for France 1998, where he shut down Shearer(didn't have one shoot on a goal). Then world cup 1998, euro cup in Holand and Belgium 2000. In each and every one of this comptetions he wae brilliant.

On a club level he was a backbone of the Juve team that one back to back scudetti. Even at 33 years old, he managed to win two La Liga titles with Real. Since he left Real only won coppa del rey.

You can compare Maldini to Cannavaro, you can compare even Nesta to him, but you can never compare Puyol as he is definitely not in the same clas as them.

But, probably that is also part of football you forget abot.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:16 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:I will start with the competiton you seemed to forget as you said and the one you discredit.

World cup 2006. One of the most impresing performance by the defender ever. He single-handledly lead Italian back line, without even one mistake for 690 minutes, wining everything both in the air and on the ground. Ital conceded only two goals in that competition. One own-goal, and Zidane's penalty. I am not sure do you get what it means when one team conceds only two goals in whole competition such as world cup? Facing Ghana, Chehz Republic, United States, Australia, Ukraine, Germany, France....

Thats not the whole international story. There are qualifications for France 1998, where he shut down Shearer(didn't have one shoot on a goal). Then world cup 1998, euro cup in Holand and Belgium 2000. In each and every one of this comptetions he wae brilliant.

On a club level he was a backbone of the Juve team that one back to back scudetti. Even at 33 years old, he managed to win two La Liga titles with Real. Since he left Real only won coppa del rey.

You can compare Maldini to Cannavaro, you can compare even Nesta to him, but you can never compare Puyol as he is definitely not in the same clas as them.

But, probably that is also part of football you forget abot.

Respect for actually debating with views instead of constantly bashing people.....

Anyway while he was great at 06 he was not a one man band as you make it sound.... Gattuso, Pirlo and Buffon where all just as important if not more important.....

As for the Shearer thing, plenty of worse defenders than Cannavaro have shut out Shearer like Habib Beye for example.....

And if your going to use trophys won to show why he is better than Puyol......

La Liga (5) , Spanish Cup (1), UCL (3) , World Cup (1) , European Championship (1)

Fifa team of the Year (3) Best Fifa defender (2) Best European Defender (3)

Oh yeah Cannavaro is not in Nesta or Maldini's league.... never has been and never will be they are two of the best defenders of all time ffs......

To say Puyol isnt in Cannavaro's league is laughable and just shows off your Italian bias.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Anyway while he was great at 06 he was not a one man band as you make it sound.... Gattuso, Pirlo and Buffon where all just as important if not more important..

Of course whole team takes a credit, Gattuso was great, Pirlo and Buffon were briliant, but Cannavaro was leading player amongs them.

As for the Shearer thing, plenty of worse defenders than Cannavaro have shut out Shearer like Habib Beye for example.....

Yes, but i said it because before the match, Cannavaro was discredited just like now. Media were saying Sheraer will tear him apart, yet he did'nt manage to have a single shoot on goal.

And if your going to use trophys won to show why he is better than Puyol......

La Liga (5) , Spanish Cup (1), UCL (3) , World Cup (1) , European Championship (1)

Fifa team of the Year (3) Best Fifa defender (2) Best European Defender (3)

This is something that can't be denied. But you can compare Barcelona who are focused solely on attack, they win titles wit attacking football, while Italy and Juventus back then start building team from defence. And while some wil argue, that it makes hared for Puyol, it really makes easier for him because Barcelona keeps possesion and most of the game he has to make simple passes, rather then mark and tackle, and lead line like Cannavaro.

Oh yeah Cannavaro is not in Nesta or Maldini's league.... never has been and never will be they are two of the best defenders of all time ffs......

Yes he is, and this comes from Rossonerro. And they are not two best of all time, Baressi is.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:42 pm

delete

Last edited by AttacanteBG on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Two of the best means two of the best defenders.....

Ofcourse Baresi is one of these defenders aswell......

Also the possession thing really only came into effect under Guardiola......

They were a much more direct team before under Rijkaard and Van Gaal etc etc

Ofcourse they keep possession but it was a more direct style kind of like Arsenal i suppose......

Fun talking to you Brigate Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:50 pm

You sure then remember how bad Puyol used to be back then. Full of runing, tackling, good in the air, but tacticaly disaster.

Why brigate? Very Happy
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:20 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:You sure then remember how bad Puyol used to be back then. Full of runing, tackling, good in the air, but tacticaly disaster.

Why brigate? Very Happy

Since you seem to think its easy playing as a defender in an attacking team,I hope you remember how cannavaro fared with madrid.He had a lot of trouble with the high line.
Puyol is in Cannavaro's class.Simple as.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:25 pm

It is nowhere near easy. It is just easier then playing as a defender in the side that plays on counter attacks.

Yes i remember that back then Cannavaro had few lapses, yet he was 33 then. Puyol can even manage to play regulary at 33. And he is not bad defender, he is very good, but nowhere near Cannavaro's class.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:32 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:It is nowhere near easy. It is just easier then playing as a defender in the side that plays on counter attacks.

Yes i remember that back then Cannavaro had few lapses, yet he was 33 then. Puyol can even manage to play regulary at 33. And he is not bad defender, he is very good, but nowhere near Cannavaro's class.

Puyol had a knee injury but now he is back.Last season before the injury he was at a terrific level.And come the business end of the season he will again be class.
At 33 Puyol is still performing at an elite level while Canna struggled at 33 in ahigh line.
That tells me all I need to know about who is the better defender.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:41 pm

That doesn't tell half of story, still he can't manage to keep playing every week. Also, he is prone to mistakes, if you folow Barcelona as i see you do, you know that.

Also, Puyol play in a team that function very good, he has coach that knows game very good in tactical sense. While Cannavaro played under Shcuster, with Metzelder as a defencive parnter.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:44 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:That doesn't tell half of story, still he can't manage to keep playing every week. Also, he is prone to mistakes, if you folow Barcelona as i see you do, you know that.

Also, Puyol play in a team that function very good, he has coach that knows game very good in tactical sense. While Cannavaro played under Shcuster, with Metzelder as a defencive parnter.

He is not prone to mistakes.I wonder whether we are talking about the same Puyol.
The guy never ever loses his concentration and makes very very very few mistakes.
Metzelder as defensive partner.
Puyol has had to play with the likes of Masch,Busquets,Yaya(all midfielders etc) in some of the biggest of matches as his defensive partners.
Plus a RB who is arguably the most attacking the game has ever seen.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:49 pm

I'll settle this.

Canna and Puyol are both absolute legends in their own regard.

Each of them excel upon one another on their attributes, as Canna is better in some areas while Puyi is better in his own.

It would be unfair to say who is better as both are fine defenders of near perfection in their time.

Canna is more of the intelligent and textbook defender while Puyol is a physical athlete with near superhuman fitness and durability.

To be fair, Puyol is being properly used and to his strengths in Espana and barca while Canna was the victim of the mismanagement, disarray, and overall incompetence and apathy in madrid's dark age this decade along with the fact that he was in decline when joining them. He wasn't used properly at all.

In the end, they are both on each others level and should both be admired equally.

And Attacante was formerly Astore varoja in the goalforums. Brigate, sadly is gone

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:52 pm

alexanjosik,

Yes he is prone to mistakes, for now i can think, when Sheva shrugled him off in CL, but i am sure i can find more of his lapses.

You can't compare these things, Barcelona has a sistem that is easy to fit in, especially for a world class player such as Mascherano. Madrid had a coach, that didnt know how to set up defence, so Cannavaro depended only of his individual skills.

Also thing that Dani Alves is attacking right back doesnt suit in Puyol's advantage. When Alves goes in attack, Puyol goes to right back, Pique stays center back, while Busquets gets back and plays as a libero. So Puyol doesn't have to cover his centre back position that much.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

And Attacante was formerly Astore varoja in the goalforums. Brigate, sadly is gone

Have you seen how many multi-accounts he has made lol?

One has to be on his guard with all these similar accounts Laughing , i do apoligize if he is not Brigate Smile

Btw Arq you might want to change your sig Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:16 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:alexanjosik,

Yes he is prone to mistakes, for now i can think, when Sheva shrugled him off in CL, but i am sure i can find more of his lapses.

You can't compare these things, Barcelona has a sistem that is easy to fit in, especially for a world class player such as Mascherano. Madrid had a coach, that didnt know how to set up defence, so Cannavaro depended only of his individual skills.

Also thing that Dani Alves is attacking right back doesnt suit in Puyol's advantage. When Alves goes in attack, Puyol goes to right back, Pique stays center back, while Busquets gets back and plays as a libero. So Puyol doesn't have to cover his centre back position that much.

He is not mistake prone.The guy is a machine in that way.System that is easy to fit in.
Tell that to Milito,Chygrinskiy,Caceras etc.It is extremely difficult to master the Barca system especially as a defender.
When I say Puyol has Alves as a RB,what I meant was.
Very often for Barca its just 2 at the back.Thats it.2 at the back covering the entire width of the pitch!!!Its not easy as it looks.
Puyol is on Cannavaro's level.End of.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:20 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Here goes

Kahn
Alves Nesta Beckenbauer Maldini

Xavi Laudrup
Cruyff

Ronaldo Messi Zico/Ronaldinho

Its uber attacking but who the hell cares

Intersting choices there Alex. hmm

You going for complete domination in the Midfield and creativity and clinical finishing up top.

How much possesion do you think this team would have over a game?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:31 pm

izzy26 wrote:

Kahn

Xavi Laudrup
Cruyff

Intersting choices there Alex. hmm

You going for complete domination in the Midfield and creativity and clinical finishing up top.

How much possesion do you think this team would have over a game?

I was aiming for 70-80% lol.
There are so many legends that I missed out.Thinking will put out a second team to compete with this one.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:33 pm

jibers wrote:

Kahn

Xavi Laudrup
Cruyff

Sick line up, but R9 or Cronaldo? If R9 why not central?

Its R9 ofcourse.I wanted R9 central.But Messi has been virtually unplayable as the false nine.In fact he has been so good I even removed the original false 9 Cruyff and put him in midfield.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:50 pm

I'd rather put CR7 there on RW alex, If R9 isn't playing centrally.
Also good to see cryuff there, way underrated here. That man was an absolute beast
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:I'd rather put CR7 there on RW alex, If R9 isn't playing centrally.
Also good to see cryuff there, way underrated here. That man was an absolute beast

CR7 is one of the greatest goal scorers ever.With that sort of a team he would score a 100.But I simply couldnt leave R9 out.
Maybe I will put him in my second 11.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:27 am

At 33 Puyol is still performing at an elite level while Canna struggled at 33 in ahigh line.

First you said this, then you said these:

When you think a little more, you will be saying Cannavaro is much better defender.

Also, putting Alves in your best XI shows just how serious you are about this subject.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:02 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:

First you said this, then you said these:

When you think a little more, you will be saying Cannavaro is much better defender.

Also, putting Alves in your best XI shows just how serious you are about this subject.

I see that went over your head.
They are both on the same level but Puyol is better.
Whats wrong with putting Alves in my 11?Kindly enlighten me.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:13 pm

................Lev Yashin
Cafu-Nesta-Beck-Roberto Carlos
..........Zidane..Laudrup....Cryjff

....... Maradona-R9-Distefano
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Adit wrote:................Lev Yashin
Cafu-Nesta-Beck-Roberto Carlos
..........Zidane..Laudrup....Cryjff

....... Maradona-R9-Distefano

The idea is to put a team out of the best XI players, but only the players you have watched play,

:coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next