Zees
VivaStPauli
AttacanteBG
51 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Best XI of all time - Page 3 Empty Re: Best XI of all time

Post by PedroBR Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:40 pm

A lot of people here are posting wrong formations, with an all attacking midfield, like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Gerrard, Ballack... who will defend there?

------------------------Taffarel------------------------------
--------------T.Silva------------Nesta----------------------
Cafu----------------------------------------------R.Carlos---
----------------Pirlo---------Viera---------------------------
-------Zidane-----------------------Ronaldinho--------------
-----------------Messi--------------------------------------
---------------------------Ronaldo9-------------------------

PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Jibers, Messi has 2 D'ors, he is getting 3rd for last season.
Also 3 CL's not 2.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Jibers, Messi has 2 D'ors, he is getting 3rd for last season.

2009 ballon d'or 2010 ballond'or, 2011 fifa ballon d'or, so he has the three awaards that are allocateds to people no?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:42 pm

jibers wrote:

2009 ballon d'or 2010 ballond'or, 2011 fifa ballon d'or, so he has the three awaards that are allocateds to people no?
2009 Ballon D'or and FWPOTY.
2010 those emerged to Fifa Ballon D'or.
2011 is still not awarded, it will be awarded to Messi early next year, and it will be third year as undisputed best player in a row.

Mind you Messi is already the only player in history to be in Top 3 four years a row, and it will soon be five years a row.

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroBR Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:14 pm

jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

2011 is still not awarded, it will be awarded to Messi early next year, and it will be third year as undisputed best player in a row.

Mind you Messi is already the only player in history to be in Top 3 four years a row, and it will soon be five years a row.

Since 1993 you mean right?
PedroBR
PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:18 pm

PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

What do you mean?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroBR Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:22 pm

jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

What do you mean?

I mean, 1991. Which is when this award of World Player of the Year was created.
PedroBR
PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:24 pm

PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

What do you mean?

I meant Ballon D'or from 1956, but applies also FWPOTY from 1991.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroBR Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:04 pm

jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

What do you mean?

Ballon D'or is only for european players.
PedroBR
PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:11 pm

PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

What do you mean?

So?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroBR Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:21 pm

jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

What do you mean?

So?

Pele, Maradona, Garrincha, etc... would have been in Top 3 for many years in a row
PedroBR
PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:27 pm

PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
PedroBR wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

What do you mean?

So?

Pele, Maradona, Garrincha, etc... would have been in Top 3 for many years in a row
Yes that is true, they were never eligible for these awards. Well Maradona was later years, if he had continued to play in Europe. Nevertheless Messi is the only player in history to be four years a row in Top 3 in both prizes, soon five.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:09 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Yh i know but its the WC thing that pisses me off it holds so much weight which is complete and utter bs imo.....

Especially when UCL is a higher level and has been for a very long time.....

And the opinion thing holds no weight either because practically everyone picked him....

Simply dont agree with this myth.Yes the quality of players may be better in Cl but the pressure of a world cup 100 times more than that of CL.Most top level players have quality but performing under pressure is what separates greats from the rest.

So Performance in world cup far greater than Performing in CL.And Cannavaro deserves every accolade he receives.There are lot more defenders that deserve similar accolade like him but unfortunately footballing world only revolves around attacking players.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:07 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:So much Cannavaro in this thread :facepalm:

Honestly whats wrong in having him in the lineup?Who would you rather have ?

Thuram and Nesta are both leagues ahead of him for starters, without his world cup performance he would just been another defender.......

This has to be one of the most stupid thing said around here.

AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:08 am

PedroBR wrote:A lot of people here are posting wrong formations, with an all attacking midfield, like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Gerrard, Ballack... who will defend there?

------------------------Taffarel------------------------------
--------------T.Silva------------Nesta----------------------
Cafu----------------------------------------------R.Carlos---
----------------Pirlo---------Viera---------------------------
-------Zidane-----------------------Ronaldinho--------------
-----------------Messi--------------------------------------
---------------------------Ronaldo9-------------------------

You think you wouldnt have trouble defending in that formation?

AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:34 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Yh i know but its the WC thing that pisses me off it holds so much weight which is complete and utter bs imo.....

Especially when UCL is a higher level and has been for a very long time.....

And the opinion thing holds no weight either because practically everyone picked him....

Simply dont agree with this myth.Yes the quality of players may be better in Cl but the pressure of a world cup 100 times more than that of CL.Most top level players have quality but performing under pressure is what separates greats from the rest.

So Performance in world cup far greater than Performing in CL.And Cannavaro deserves every accolade he receives.There are lot more defenders that deserve similar accolade like him but unfortunately footballing world only revolves around attacking players.

Why is it then that most players that perform at the wc dont perform nearly as well at club level ?

I am sorry but i dont subscribe to that BS......

I'd rather judge a player on week in week out performances instead of at a end of season tournament which until the quarters is usually full of trash anyway.....

Oh the players that dont perform in World Cup that excel all year long usually dont perform at the WC because of fitness and not pressure.....

Anyway on to my team......

Buffon
Thuram Nesta Puyol Maldini
Matthaus Xavi
Rivaldo Messi Ronaldinho
Batistuta

One that i have seen on a consistent basis
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:47 pm

So you're saying Cannavaro dint perform at club level ?I think he was instrumental in winning two scudettos for Juventus although its no point discussing it.

He was a top defender in a mediocre Inter side or a rather underachieving one i would say.Even though i dint watch him when he was Parma,he recieved high praise and rave reviews regarding his perfomance and it did reflect on Parma's success in the late nineties.

You're making it sound as though he is just living off his world cup perfomance which is certainly not true.The only thing i would agree with you is Thuram infact had a more decorated club career than Cannavaro.

And i just cannot understand how World cup perfomance "cannot" be used as a measure of a Player's success rate or in this case, quality of that particular player.He is representing his country Goddammit.Every match is a high intensity game no matter a side is playing a minnow or a giant.

The only thing again i can agree with you is Cl quality is just slightly better than the quality you witness in the World Cup.But you certainly cant take the credit away from a one-month perfomance in a glorified international tournament such as the World cup.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:54 pm

U get few rare surprises in every world cups because they are unknown quantity just like u get in CL every year but when it comes to the business end of the tournament only the best stand out from the rest.

When was the last time a player who doesnt perform at the club level turned out as one of the best players of the tournament? I cant think of any.

The fact is world cup is the most important tournament in a player's career.How many players have u seen say they would prefer to CL rather than World cup with their nation? Not many i guess.Hence the pressure in ten fold and greats shine there from the rest.

Fitness excuse is very weak considering almost every Top player in top flight plays similar amount of matches nowadays.

As for judging on a week in week out performances the best Players in world cups produced week in week out performances too but they stood out in world cups with faced with extreme pressure.Thats why they are etra special and termed often legends of the game unlike others.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
You're making it sound as though he is just living off his world cup perfomance which is certainly not true.The only thing i would agree with you is Thuram infact had a more decorated club career than Cannavaro.

Because he is......

I absolutely guarentee none of you will be putting him in your line up if it wasnt for that WC performance ( which Pirlo and Gattuso were better btw)

Was he a great defender ? yes

Was he one one of the greatest defenders of our generation? HELL NO !!!!!!

Ayala, Puyol , Nesta , Costacurta , Thuram, Hierro and many others were definitely better over the course of thier careers....

This thread just shows how overrated WC performances are.....

And no fitness excuse isnt weak because the majority of WC stars dont perform that year for thier country or have been injured alot that year so they are fresh for the WC.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Lets agree to disagree Mole.Thats all i can say.

I think he rightfully deserved the Fifa Ballon D'or.He was certainly in my eyes along with Buffon the best two players of the World Cup.

I want to know what do you think of Andres Iniesta then.Would he have been in top 2 of the Ballon D'or list if not for his world cup perfomance ?I mean almost the whole 2009-10 season he was injured but he certainly was instrumental for Spain in the World Cup.

You certainly have a case Mole as many people including me have included Cannavaro in in our respective lineups due to that World Cup perfomance but i would also add that some of them Including you dont have him in his lineup cuz he hasnt had such a decorated club career as opposed to his counterparts that have been mentioned before ?I think thats certainly the case.

Which is why Miroslav Klose will continue to be underrated in the eyes of many people.

btw its fun to debate with you Mole.you always bring new arguments to the table. Very Happy

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Lets agree to disagree Mole.Thats all i can say.

I want to know what do you think of Andres Iniesta then.Would he have been in top 2 of the Ballon D'or list if not for his world cup perfomance ?I mean almost the whole 2009-10 season he was injured but he certainly was instrumental for Spain in the World Cup.

Ok.....

As for Iniesta......

I said at the time it was a bullsh*t decision and shouldnt have been nowhere near the top 10 matter about top 3....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Here goes

Kahn
Alves Nesta Beckenbauer Maldini

Xavi Laudrup
Cruyff

Ronaldo Messi Zico/Ronaldinho

Its uber attacking but who the hell cares

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:08 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Here goes

Kahn
Alves Nesta Beckenbauer Maldini

Xavi Laudrup
Cruyff

Ronaldo Messi Zico/Ronaldinho

Its uber attacking but who the hell cares

Sick line up, but R9 or Cronaldo? If R9 why not central?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:34 pm

For a possession based team

.................Buffon...........
Krool....Backenbauer....Maldini....Roberto Carlos...
.....................Makelele......................
.................xavi...................................
...................................Laudrup..........
...Messi...........Van Basten......Dinho
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

Because he is......

I absolutely guarentee none of you will be putting him in your line up if it wasnt for that WC performance ( which Pirlo and Gattuso were better btw)

Was he a great defender ? yes

Was he one one of the greatest defenders of our generation? HELL NO !!!!!!

Ayala, Puyol , Nesta , Costacurta , Thuram, Hierro and many others were definitely better over the course of thier careers....

This thread just shows how overrated WC performances are.....

And no fitness excuse isnt weak because the majority of WC stars dont perform that year for thier country or have been injured alot that year so they are fresh for the WC.....

Surprising stuff here Mole.

Canna was WC in 2000 euro and 2002 for Italia. His performances for country were legendary.

Club? He was one of the best CBs at Juve!

Not the best, but definitely one of the best Cbs of the generation.

His Rm spell shouldn't be counted as that was his decline
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Puyol better then Cannavaro? This exclude "immaculate mole" from every football disscusion ever.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next