Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Best XI of all time - Page 5 Empty Re: Best XI of all time

Post by S Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Adit wrote:................Lev Yashin
Cafu-Nesta-Beck-Roberto Carlos
..........Zidane..Laudrup....Cryjff

....... Maradona-R9-Distefano

The idea is to put a team out of the best XI players, but only the players you have watched play,

:coffee:

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:37 pm

I'll write down only the ones who I've had the honor watching...

Kahn
Zanetti - Nesta - Maldini - Carlos
Nedved - Makelele - Zidane - Ronaldinho
Ronaldo - Batistuta

It was a struggle putting Batistuta ahead of Henry but I'm a Calcio fanboy after all :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:43 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
At 33 Puyol is still performing at an elite level while Canna struggled at 33 in ahigh line.
That tells me all I need to know about who is the better defender.

First you said this, then you said these:

Puyol is on Cannavaro's level.End of.

When you think a little more, you will be saying Cannavaro is much better defender.

Also, putting Alves in your best XI shows just how serious you are about this subject.

I see that went over your head.
They are both on the same level but Puyol is better.
Whats wrong with putting Alves in my 11?Kindly enlighten me.

No, they are not on the same level and Cannavaro is better.

Ask Cafu and Javier Zanetti what is wrong...
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:17 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
At 33 Puyol is still performing at an elite level while Canna struggled at 33 in ahigh line.

When you think a little more, you will be saying Cannavaro is much better defender.

Also, putting Alves in your best XI shows just how serious you are about this subject.

You saying it doesnt make it right.
Anything Cannavaro has done,Puyol has done.Puyol has won far far more and been a vital player in defense for both club and country.
Puyol is a terrific leader,great organizer at the back and combines that with excellent positioning and tackling.Also the best last ditch defender I have ever seen.
Puyol>Cannavaro whichever way you look at it.

Cafu is a good shout.Could go either way but I think Alves is better.
As for Zanetti he was never elite.He was consistently solid but never one of the elite players in the world which Alves is without a shadow of a doubt today.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Its clear from your posts that you are totally Barca-centric.Take those Barca goggles off.

Zanetti is not an elite fullback cuz he was playing for a mediocre Inter side prior Calciopoli ? Or for a rather underachieving Argentina National team ?The fact that he stayed for so long with Inter despite the side underachieving for years tells so much about his loyalty.

How anyone cant consider Zanetti elite is beyond me.How about he owning your superstar Messi at the age of 37 ?The most consistent fullbacks i'v ever seen and he is just so versatile unlike others.He is still performing at high levels at the ripe age of 38.

Same can be said about Cannavaro.He had a decent club career but his impressive international perfomances overshadowed his club career.

He is the only defender to win the FIFA Ballon D'or,An accolade where mostly attackers have won since its introduction.An incredible achievement in that respect.

Puyol has had a better club career but Cannvaro had a more decorated international career.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Zanetti isnt Elite player ? SMH
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:

Anything Cannavaro has done,Puyol has done.Puyol has won far far more and been a vital player in defense for both club and country.
Puyol is a terrific leader,great organizer at the back and combines that with excellent positioning and tackling.Also the best last ditch defender I have ever seen.

As for Zanetti he was never elite.He was consistently solid but never one of the elite players in the world which Alves is without a shadow of a doubt today.

No he didn't. He didn't single handledly won world cup for his country.

Yes he can tackle, and even make great last-dicht tackles. But he isnt excellent in posinitional ant tactical sense. No were near excellent.

And one more thing,again this comes from Rossonerro. Zanetti is legend, a *bleep* L-E-G-E-N-D, nobody compares to him, nobody comes near to him. Not even Cafu. To say that he isn't elite, is completely stupid, to say that Alves is better then him, equaly stupid.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Its clear from your posts that you are totally Barca-centric.Take those Barca goggles off.

Zanetti is not an elite fullback cuz he was playing for a mediocre Inter side prior Calciopoli ? Or for a rather underachieving Argentina National team ?The fact that he stayed for so long with Inter despite the side underachieving for years tells so much about his loyalty.

How anyone cant consider Zanetti elite is beyond me.How about he owning your superstar Messi at the age of 37 ?The most consistent fullbacks i'v ever seen and he is just so versatile unlike others.He is still performing at high levels at the ripe age of 38.

Same can be said about Cannavaro.He had a decent club career but his impressive international perfomances overshadowed his club career.

He is the only defender to win the FIFA Ballon D'or,An accolade where mostly attackers have won since its introduction.An incredible achievement in that respect.

Puyol has had a better club career but Cannvaro had a more decorated international career.

I bring facts to the table while all the other fellow brings up is hot air.
Where have I said Zanetti was not consistent?
He has been remarkably consistent but his best is not an elite level.What part of that dont you understand?
At no point in his career was zanetti close to being one of the top 10 players in the world.Not even close.Alves is.
Zanetti. is a very good dribbler and yet he is not that great an attacking threat because frankly his decision making in the final third is not all that good.
He has been a consistent performer at a high level but just not at an elite level.

Cannavaro a more decorated international career!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you even read before you write???
Puyol has won the WC and the Euro.
Cannavaro hasnt won the Euro.

In short Puyol has won far more at club level and also won more at international level.
Thats not my Barca centric goggles talking.Thats plain cold hard facts.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:11 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:

Yes he can tackle, and even make great last-dicht tackles. But he isnt excellent in posinitional ant tactical sense. No were near excellent.

And one more thing,again this comes from Rossonerro. Zanetti is legend, a *bleep* L-E-G-E-N-D, nobody compares to him, nobody comes near to him. Not even Cafu. To say that he isn't elite, is completely stupid, to say that Alves is better then him, equaly stupid.

Maybe his latch ditch tackling has blinded you to the fact that he is also excellent positionally.I have watched Puyol for 10 years.he is excellent positionally.

Watch with insults.Either bring facts(instead of stupid opinions not backed up with anything) or dont post.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:12 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:Its clear from your posts that you are totally Barca-centric.Take those Barca goggles off.

He has been remarkably consistent but his best is not an elite level.What part of that dont you understand?
At no point in his career was zanetti close to being one of the top 10 players in the world.Not even close.Alves is.
Zanetti. is a very good dribbler and yet he is not that great an attacking threat because frankly his decision making in the final third is not all that good.
He has been a consistent performer at a high level but just not at an elite level.
Owning Messi.You mean him and the other 9 players on the Inter bus.

In short Puyol has won far more at club level and also won more at international level.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:15 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:

Maybe his latch ditch tackling has blinded you to the fact that he is also excellent positionally.I have watched Puyol for 10 years.he is excellent positionally.

Watch with insults.Either bring facts(instead of stupid opinions not backed up with anything) or dont post.

Mate just refer to my post where I briefly compare each other's attributes and how one another were/are on each others level along with it being unfair and frankly ignorant to say one is better then another.

Because the fact is both of them god damn legends in the defensive area.

Lets leave it at that.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:

Mate just refer to my post where I briefly compare each other's attributes and how one another were/are on each others level along with it being unfair and frankly ignorant to say one is better then another.

Because the fact is both of them god damn legends in the defensive area.

Lets leave it at that.

I have already accepted that arq.
But the deluded one had to go insulting our club legend.And then he starts spewing all sorts of nonsense about how Puyol makes errors and is suspect positionally.
he kept asking for it.Couldnt resist.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Lool.

So just because Zanetti's attacking prowess was far lesser in comparision to the Likes of Alves that doesnt make him an elite fullback ?

I cant understand this BS.Are you going to judge a fullback's quality only by his attacking traits ?

Even in pre-calciopoli era he was world class.But that Inter side wasnt just good enough to achieve anything noteworthy.You are seriously underrating him.You would have a different judgement had he played for Milan or Real or any top side for that matter.

And post-calcipoli era do i need to even explain ?He was pretty much been deployed as a CM most of the times under Mancini and under Mou as a left back for one season in the 2009-10 season where he performed admirably there.He is defensively a rock ,he beats Alves in almost everything except that Alves is ultra-offensive and has the license to roam forward unlike Zanetti.

:facepalm:

What is elite level according to you ?Playing on mars ?This is a really hilarious comment which i wont even bother replying to.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:42 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:

His last ditch tacling is very good as i said, but his man marking and positioning aren't. I couldn't find much of video material, but this one shows his mistake, and there were much more of those, as Sheva riped him apart in 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4_KUczbX8M

It isn't insult me pointing out you said stupid thing. It is insult to say anything but brilliant for Javier Zanetti.

You wanted facts, here they are:

-Zanetti is most consistent player in last decade.

-Zanetii broked record as player with most apperance in Italy.

-Zanetti is the most capped Argentian player in history.

-Zanetti played with equal succes on 6 different positions on the pitch.

-Zanetti completely marked out of the game almost every top player he played against(Including Messi, Ryan Giggs....)

-Zanetti was nicknamed "Il Trattore", because of his imperious attacking style, while he was also great in defence, and perfect player in tactical sense.

-His work rate, stamina, leadership, bravery, strenght and commitment are second to none.

-He won 5 Scudetti, Champions League and 4 Coppa Italia.

- Zanetti is still world class at the age of 38, the end.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

Lool.

So just because Zanetti's attacking prowess was far lesser in comparision to the Likes of Alves that doesnt make him an elite fullback ?

I cant understand this BS.Are you going to judge a fullback's quality only by his attacking traits ?

Even in pre-calciopoli era he was world class.But that Inter side wasnt just good enough to achieve anything noteworthy.You are seriously underrating him.You would have a different judgement had he played for Milan or Real or any top side for that matter.

And post-calcipoli era do i need to even explain ?He was pretty much been deployed as a CM most of the times under Mancini and under Mou as a left back for one season in the 2009-10 season where he performed admirably there.He is defensively a rock ,he beats Alves in almost everything except that Alves is ultra-offensive and has the license to roam forward unlike Zanetti.

:facepalm:

What is elite level according to you ?Playing on mars ?This is a really hilarious comment which i wont even bother replying to.

So I see after the blooper you have given up on Cannavaro.Good for you.

Well just a bit confused here.
First you say this
'So just because Zanetti's attacking prowess was far lesser in comparision to the Likes of Alves that doesnt make him an elite fullback ?'

Then you say this.
'he beats Alves in almost everything except that Alves is ultra-offensive and has the license to roam forward unlike Zanetti.'
Think there is a contradiction.

Let me explain my reason for picking Alves.I have not seen a FB who offers as much going forward as Alves does.And he is good defensively.In short he does the job of 2 men on that flank.He is a physical freak,can play 6 days a week and still be game for another one on Sunday.And he is the ultimate competitor.Infact imo the greatest competitor in football,kind of like the Rafa Nadal of football.
Combine all that and you get a phenominal player.

Zanetti is atleast a couple of levels below Alves going forward.He is better defensively.
But I have always admired the great attacking fullbacks throughout history over the defensive fullbacks.

If I wanted my team to park the bus I would pick Zanetti.
But you might have noticed that I picked Johan Cruyff in my team.And according to the great man there is only way to play the game,the Johan Cruyff way.
So Alves it is for me.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Lol.Blooper ?I stopped comparing Cannavaro with Puyol after i saw that sensible comment posted by Arquitecto.Both are legends in their own right but for me Cannavaro is slightly better than Puyol.

Italy's world cup triumph was pretty much based on their defensive masterclass and a huge credit goes to Cannavaro in that regard who led that backline with supreme efficiency.There was a reason why he was chosen ahead of Buffon(Although he did have a marvellous world cup) and Zidane as the FIFA World Player of the year and rightfully so.

Contradiction ?I dont see any contradiction there.I agree that Alves is a superb offensive fullback but in other Areas in terms of work rate,versatility(Mind you that he has been very successful in every position he has played),defensive qualities and not to forget Zanetti's leadership.

Zanetti's longevity cannot be ignored as well as he has been extremely consistent for almost two decades and at the age of 38 he is still going strong ,he has not shown any signs of decline.

Dont get me wrong i am not using these as a tool to compare both players as i was just pointing out his proverbial traits and i have no qualms about you picking Alves in your team but saying things like he is two levels below Alves is quite frankly an insult to Zanetti the legend.Even if you're saying it in an attacking sense i strongly disagree with that.

He is not actually that type of Fullback who bombs up and down the flanks just to provide crosses but his trademark runs by dribbling past the opponents can seriously cannot be ignored as many a times that has resulted in a a glorious chance or a goal.

Inter vs siena for example in 2009-10 ,it was cuz of zanetti's run that Inter won that tightly contested match that secured the title for them.Inter vs Rubin also comes to mind.So these are some instances you know portraying his contributions in an attacking sense.

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Lol.Blooper ?I stopped comparing Cannavaro with Puyol after i saw that sensible comment posted by Arquitecto.Both are legends in their own right but for me Cannavaro is slightly better than Puyol.

Italy's world cup triumph was pretty much based on their defensive masterclass and a huge credit goes to Cannavaro in that regard who led that backline with supreme efficiency.There was a reason why he was chosen ahead of Buffon(Although he did have a marvellous world cup) and Zidane as the FIFA World Player of the year and rightfully so.

Contradiction ?I dont see any contradiction there.I agree that Alves is a superb offensive fullback but in other Areas in terms of work rate,versatility(Mind you that he has been very successful in every position he has played),defensive qualities and not to forget Zanetti's leadership.

Zanetti's longevity cannot be ignored as well as he has been extremely consistent for almost two decades and at the age of 38 he is still going strong ,he has not shown any signs of decline.

Dont get me wrong i am not using these as a tool to compare both players as i was just pointing out his proverbial traits and i have no qualms about you picking Alves in your team but saying things like he is two levels below Alves is quite frankly an insult to Zanetti the legend.

Its true that Cannavaro played great in WC 06 but Puyol was also excellent in WC 10 and he had Ramos and Capdevilla as fullbacks.
Spain conceeded just one goal I think.
I have also said that both are on the same level with Puyol slighly ahead for me.
Was just pointing out the utter nonsense the other guy came up with.

Alves and Zanetti.
Work rate.I think Alves has aslightly better workrate although works quite hard himself.
Defensive qualities Zanetti is better.
When I said 2 levels down I meant going forward.Alves is much better going forward.
Ofcourse Zanetti narrows that gap in other areas.
Longevity.Zanetti has been super consistent.But Alves himslef is consistent.He has been a world class player for about 6 years and the physcial freak that he is,can easily play at this level for 5 + years.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Its true that Cannavaro played great in WC 06 but Puyol was also excellent in WC 10 and he had Ramos and Capdevilla as fullbacks.
I have also said that both are on the same level with Puyol slighly ahead for me.
Was just pointing out the utter nonsense the other guy came up with.

No, it's not true. He wasn't excellent, he was good. And Ramos and Capdevilla aren't bad players. Especially the first one.

And Spain didn't conceed one goal, it was 2.

You are saying i talk nonsense, and then cry like a little girl when i point out you said something stupid? Get your acts together.

I see you missed out facts about Zanetti, as i was expecting.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:33 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Its true that Cannavaro played great in WC 06 but Puyol was also excellent in WC 10 and he had Ramos and Capdevilla as fullbacks.
Was just pointing out the utter nonsense

How that can be even used as a argument i dont understand.Well i thought both Ramos and Capdevilla were pretty solid throughout the entire tournament albeit Capdevilla had problems dealing with pacy opponents.And i hardly saw Ramos surging forward as he usually does frequently with Real Madrid.Defensively he was solid.

Grosso and Zambrotta were constantly bombing forward every now and then and not to mention Nesta got injured and Canna partnered with a relatively inferior replacement in Materazzi so he pretty much guarded the backline along with Buffon.

But these are just arguments with a lesser magnitude as it wont hold much weight really.

And Spain conceded two goals with Casillas just magnificent in goal.He should have been in top 3 in Ballon D'or list for the year 2010.It was injustice to leave him out in my opinion.

And i am not taking away anything From Puyol but the influence Cannavaro had in 2006 world cup triumph was in my opinion far greater than Puyol's in 2010.

Also Cannavaro has contested in a Euro 2000 final with Italy only losing out to France in extra time so by no means Puyol has had a greater international career.

I guess we can respectfully agree to disagree on this subject. Smile

alexjanosik wrote:Alves and Zanetti.
Work rate.I think Alves has aslightly better workrate although works quite hard himself.
When I said 2 levels down I meant going forward.Alves is much better going forward.
Longevity.Zanetti has been super consistent.But Alves himslef is consistent.He has been a world class player for about 6 years and the physcial freak that he is,can easily play at this level for 5 + years.

There is a reason why Zanetti has been given the nickname as the tractor.

That guy's fitness levels is insane.He played 70+ games at the age of 37,that says it all.Even at this age he is the most hardworking Inter player.So i have to go with Zanetti in terms of work rate.

Going Forward ?I think he's pretty underrated ,i've mentioned few points in my earlier edited post.and i dont think its two levels down.You're highly exagerrating there.

As for your last point ,it remains to be seen but for me Zanetti's longevity stands out.He is Inter's Maldini.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Its true that Cannavaro played great in WC 06 but Puyol was also excellent in WC 10 and he had Ramos and Capdevilla as fullbacks.
Was just pointing out the utter nonsense

How that can be even used as a argument i dont understand.Well i thought both Ramos and Capdevilla were pretty solid throughout the entire tournament albeit Capdevilla had problems dealing with pacy opponents.And i hardly saw Ramos surging forward as he usually does frequently with Real Madrid.Defensively he was solid.

Grosso and Zambrotta were constantly bombing forward every now and then and not to mention Nesta got injured and Canna partnered with a relatively inferior replacement in Materazzi so he pretty much guarded the backline along with Buffon.

But these are just arguments with a lesser magnitude as it wont hold much weight really.

And Spain conceded two goals with Casillas just magnificent in goal.He should have been in top 3 in Ballon D'or list for the year 2010.It was injustice to leave him out in my opinion.

And i am not taking away anything From Puyol but the influence Cannavaro had in 2006 world cup triumph was in my opinion far greater than Puyol's in 2010.

Also Cannavaro has contested in a Euro 2000 final with Italy only losing out to France in extra time so by no means Puyol has had a greater international career.

I guess we can respectfully agree to disagree on this subject. Smile

alexjanosik wrote:Alves and Zanetti.

There is a reason why Zanetti has been given the nickname as the tractor.

That guy's fitness levels is insane.He played 70+ games at the age of 37,that says it all.Even at this age he is the most hardworking Inter player.So i have to go with Zanetti in terms of work rate.

Going Forward ?I think he's pretty underrated ,i've mentioned few points in my earlier edited post.and i dont think its two levels down.You're highly exagerrating there.

As for your last point ,it remains to be seen but for me Zanetti's longevity stands out.He is Inter's Maldini.

Capdevilla is a poor LB.And so is Ramos at RB.
Also you are not right that Ramos didnt bomb forward.Ramos was continuously bombing forward as Spain lacked natural widthDefensively Ramos was not solid.
Plus Italy had Zambrotta and Grosso as fullbaks who were both brilliant.Italy's defense as a unit was far better than the personnel Puyol had to work with.
You mention Casillas in goal for Spain but dont mention Buffon's heroics in the same WC.He was just as good as cannavaro and were it not for a brilliant save of Zidane a header Italy would have lost.
You are grossly exagerating when you say that Cannavaro had a far better WC than Puyol in 2010.He was better but not by much.
I never said Puyol had the greater international career.You said that Cannavaro had a better international career.I mereley pointed out the facts which say the contrary,that Puyol had a better international career.

I dont agree with Zanetti in terms of work rate.He doesnt have to cover an entire flank on his own.He doesnt have to be the main outlet on the right going forward,a provider of width and also perform at the back and put in last ditch tackles.
Alves does that game in game out.
For me Alves has better work rate.Agree to disagree.

Going forward,its a no contest.Alves hit 20 something assists last year.And something similar the season before.He provides width,creativity,dribbling,passing,link up and assists as a RB.
Zanetti just doesnt provide as much.

Regarding the longevity comment.How many seasons has Zanetti been considered a top 2 RB in the game?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:34 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Capdevilla is a poor LB.And so is Ramos at RB.
Also you are not right that Ramos didnt bomb forward.Ramos was continuously bombing forward as Spain lacked natural widthDefensively Ramos was not solid.
Plus Italy had Zambrotta and Grosso as fullbaks who were both brilliant.Italy's defense as a unit was far better than the personnel Puyol had to work with.
You mention Casillas in goal for Spain but dont mention Buffon's heroics in the same WC.He was just as good as cannavaro and were it not for a brilliant save of Zidane a header Italy would have lost.
You are grossly exagerating when you say that Cannavaro had a far better WC than Puyol in 2010.He was better but not by much.
I never said Puyol had the greater international career.You said that.I mereley pointed out the facts which say the contrary,that Puyol had a better international career.

Well , i was watching a different Spain then.Ramos has hardly ever dissapointed for the national team,infact he is sort of reborn when he plays for Spain and it showed in the Euros and WC.i guess there is a difference of opinion here.
Capdevilla ?I dont think he was any sort of glaring weakness in the backline as you make it sound.On paper perhaps Italy's 2006 defense is better than Spain's 2010 defense but Spain's entire back four perfomances were commendable to say the least.
Quite frankly its exhausting to debate relatively irrelavant points ,so it wouldnt make much sense for me debate further on this aspect.Lets leave it at that.

alexjanosik wrote:I dont agree with Zanetti in terms of work rate.He doesnt have to cover an entire flank on his own.He doesnt have to be the main outlet on the right going forward,a provider of width and also perform at the back and put in last ditch tackles.
Alves does that game in game out.
For me Alves has better work rate.Agree to disagree.

Really ?Zanetti is one of the best ball-winners you can get.

Again i dont get that cover the flank argument considering Zanetti covers pretty much entire area of the field every match and that too he has been constantly doing it in his late thirties.

Mind you that since the past few years he's been playing as a CM and the amount of distance he covers is incredible and more than any Inter player.Keeping an incredible fitness level still at the age of 38 says a lot doesnt it ?Atleast stats suggest that so in work-rate aspect Zanetti wins for me.

Going Forward ?Ofcourse Alves is better but Zanetti was never really known as a prolific assister (as again stats suggest that) as he never used to drop crosses in the box or profusely contributing in attack as Alves does so often for Barca(He almost plays as a right winger for them).thats not his style.

And his passing ?He is a pass-master.I got stats of 2009-10 season where he had a passing efficiency of 93.2 %.Thats Xavi like stats.

Linkup ?Inter are a team that dont generally use width but as i said Zanetti is defense minded much like Maldini.

But he does make noteworthy contributions in attack if people watched him but unfortunately that cant be used as a measure to portray his attacking ability.

In the Early 2000s he was considered one of the top rightbacks in the world but lets be honest ,Inter wasnt a top team at that time coupled with their constant failures in the league and subsequent managerial changes so one would barely get noted.

Post-Calciopoli as i said earlier he was deployed as a CM under Mancini as he thought he would be well-suited to the role there especially after signing an attacking RB in Maicon.

With all being said and done,Zanetti would definitely be one of the greatest fullbacks to grace the game.He is simply legendary.I am saying this as a Juve fan.He is one Inter player i would always love to have in my team.

And i honestly dont see someone like alves performing at a high level at the age of 38-39.I doubt it but we shall see.

I am not even trying to impose my opinion on yours ,its your opinion and i dont have any objections towards it. lets agree to disagree here as well. Smile

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:22 am

Wow some long discussions up in here... I've arrived late on this thread but would really like to contribute a team:

3-4-3 with wingbacks for something different, dunno if it will balance?
GK Casillas.
CB's Thuram, Hierro, Maldini. RWB Cafu, LWB Roberto Carlos. CM's Viera and Seedorf.
LW Ronaldinho RW Messi
ST Ronaldo.

Those who know me by now, know my favourite player of all time is Zizou but because I wanted to try a 3-4-3, he does not really fit the formation properly.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_San_Mia Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:01 am

---------------------------Maier
Lahm--------Maldini------------Beckenbauer-----Brehme
----------------- Matthäus-------Zidane--------------------
----Cruyff-----------------------Maradonna-------------Pele
-------------------------------Gerd Muller

Mia_San_Mia
Mia_San_Mia
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:25 am

@ Mia san Mia, you've watched all these players consistently!? How old are you?

If you have, I'm very jealous!
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:50 am

Giovanni10 wrote:@ Mia san Mia, you've watched all these players consistently!? How old are you?

If you have, I'm very jealous!

I think most are putting an all time XI not just the one they watched.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:06 am

Best XI of all time - Page 5 AbBoLZrahF

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team