Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Best XI of all time - Page 7 Empty Re: Best XI of all time

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
Best XI of all time - Page 7 AbBoLZrahF

Lol bro, I know for a fact you never really watched Van Basten and Baresi play- You've only seen a couple of Youtube vids!!! Nedved, are you serious? He wouldn't even make my bench.

Now my 3-4-3 on the other hand is pure class (again in case you missed it the first time):

--------------------------------Casillas
--------------Thuram-----------Hierro----------Maldini
Cafu---------------Viera--------------Seedorf-------------Roberto Carlos
------Messi-------------------Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima----------Ronaldinho

Admit it, its perfection.

Lol completely forgot about this thread

Watched Van Basten on ESPN classic was just too graceful to be left out, it was him or Sheva.

Why Nedved? Because you won't find a player that worked harder than Nedved and was half as technically good as him. I mean really Gio ..two footed , a canon in each , pace, sexy blond hair , finesse and works his ass off to boot..

I see you went with the " try to out score me" approach again, funny thing is, that same approach hasn't worked for you in PES for how long now?? :coffee:

Spoiler:

Van Basten was utter awesomeness and Nedven is cannontastic. Though Gio's formation is not that "try to our score me" that the defence was abandoned. The two side MF are wingbacks and Vieira has enough capabilities to just sit in front of the defence, even Seedorf at his dynamic-best is a goddamn mobile tanker, whilst the M2R trio will split apart any obstacles in front of them. It's basically just Brazil 02 (which is solid enough imo) with straight switch on the defence, DM, and Rivaldo. It even has extra-flexibility in which you can switch to 4 defenders. The superplayers on your XI could also be accommodated in this formation btw. :dance:

Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:10 am

Trust me Gio wasn't thinking about defense LMAO! He wanted to put as many attacking players as he could , he even put Hierro in the backline instead of Nesta ! WHY?? Because Hierro scored crap load of goals lol Not that i'm against Hierro's inclusion , its just an indicator of Gio's mindset when it comes to picking formations.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:04 am

Buffon
Cafu-Puyol-Maldini-R.Carlos
-xavi-makelele-iniesta-
-c.ronaldo-messi-zidane

best players I've watched(R9 benched to give messi his false 9 role)
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 pm

xabi wrote:Buffon
-xavi-makelele-iniesta-
-c.ronaldo-messi-zidane

xabi wrote:Messi in history's best line-up come on people he is on level with CR7 right now does that mean CR7 is in the history's best lineup? No

Neither of them should be there and if you want messi in your team you should atleats wait until the end of his career

Twisted Evil
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Trust me Gio wasn't thinking about defense LMAO! He wanted to put as many attacking players as he could , he even put Hierro in the backline instead of Nesta ! WHY?? Because Hierro scored crap load of goals lol Not that i'm against Hierro's inclusion , its just an indicator of Gio's mindset when it comes to picking formations.

Hahaha I see I see. However, it's still applicable though as we see that most of 3 men defence operate with sweeper and wingbacks and in this case Hierro is the sweeper. Yeah Nesta there is overall stronger on paper and maybe Viera should be replaced with a deeper midfielder that would be there when Hierro goes up the field, but it's still applicable all in all Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
xabi wrote:Buffon
-xavi-makelele-iniesta-
-c.ronaldo-messi-zidane

xabi wrote:Messi in history's best line-up come on people he is on level with CR7 right now does that mean CR7 is in the history's best lineup? No

Neither of them should be there and if you want messi in your team you should atleats wait until the end of his career

Twisted Evil
I'm two-faced pale
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:34 pm

From 1995 onwards:

---------------------Iker-------------------------
-Zanetti----Hierro(c)----Maldini---Carlos---
-------------Redondo---Zidane----------------
---Messi----------Rivaldo---------Cristiano--
------------------Raul----------------------------

I think I have a nice mix of flair and work rate in my team.

And yeah I'd rather have Raul over any of the CF's you guys choseBest XI of all time - Page 7 80
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Zealous wrote:From 1995 onwards:

And yeah I'd rather have Raul over any of the CF's you guys choseBest XI of all time - Page 7 80

Nice team there brah, a little bit too much attacking but so what they are the frakking :king:, man! With some discipline, they look a little bit like die Mannschaft if Kroos partnered Piggy, more like a 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-2-3 actually or maybe 4-1-3-2 with Raul a bit deeper and Messi Cris as inside forwards who is deployed too outsides?
-Zanetti----Hierro(c)----Maldini---Carlos-----
-----------------Redondo--------------------
--------Rivaldo----Raul----Zidane------------
---Messi--------------------------Cristiano---

Circle one Raul as he is too awesome :dance:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Thanks man, You understood my idea perfectly there. Raul would drop deep to link up leaving Cris and Messi to cut in and tear sh*t up :dance:

Anyway to continue the fun here is an all time formation (It won't include anyone in my first formation to keep things fun)

----------------------------Yashin-------------------
Carlos Alberto--Beckenbauer---Baresi--Fachetti-------
-------------------Matthaus---Rikjaard---------------
---Cruyff---------------Maradona--------Di Stefano--
-----------------------------Pele--------------------

Sexy as hell that. It has the four "god tier" players in it and more or less still defensively solid with Lothar and Frank in midfield.

Zico and Rivellino would be the first guys off the bench for me :dance:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Zealous wrote:From 1995 onwards:

Hierro would strugle to captain Maldini :coffee:
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:10 pm

You clearly don't know Hierro Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:14 pm

I would say you dont know Paolo.

And what is with Pele and Maradona in the same team, looking for another Dyer-Bowyer scene? :coffee:
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:28 pm

I know Paolo he's a great guy who respects other great guys. Hierro is a strong character and the type everybody loved I don't really see why he would have a hard time captaining a classy guy like Maldini. It's the same vice versa but I wanted Hierro to have the arm band because it's my team :dance:

As for Pele and Maradona were actually friends once upon a time.

Best XI of all time - Page 7 Maradona+ve+pele

so when they would be playing together it would be during that period (obviously in some parallel universe or something lol)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:32 pm

That would be great defence anyway. Just trow out Cristiano and Messi, and put Gattuso instead of Zidane, and move Zidane in place of Rivaldo.

You can keep Raul though :coffee:
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Zealous wrote:Thanks man, You understood my idea perfectly there. Raul would drop deep to link up leaving Cris and Messi to cut in and tear sh*t up :dance:

Anyway to continue the fun here is an all time formation (It won't include anyone in my first formation to keep things fun)

Sexy as hell that. It has the four "god tier" players in it and more or less still defensively solid with Lothar and Frank in midfield.

Yo, almost similar to mine. Very Happy I would replace Alberto with Djalma Santos and Rijkaard with Didi, super-regista with folha secca freekick FTW! I think I have no problem with Zico replacing either of the Argentinian in the XI, or if you insist on having a bald and somehow not that blond "Blond Arrow" there, well yeah he's damn versatile enough to play at Rijkaard post, isn't he. Hey, you need Moore for some shoring up, Edwards for just in case, birdie Garrincha for some flying magic and der Bomber Muller for the win when you just don't know nothing else! der Kaiser for the skipper and any of Platini or Puskas or Eusebio to complete the bench as if Yashin has to be injured, you just put Maradona the handballer or Pele the athlete there.

In case you haven't, check this out http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248904 ☀

Last edited by Superstone Mariomintsch on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:43 pm

I think I'm in love :bow:

Best new poster :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:43 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:I'll go with my team.

Goalkeeper: Gianluiggi Buffon, simply the best ever. Handling, reflexes, command of area, 1 on 1. he had it all.

Left back: Paolo Maldini, you dont have to say much about Maldini, intransitive in deffence, great in attack. He define this position for players such as Roberto Carlos and others.

Centre-back: Franco Baressi: Playing as a libero with defence, he also had to bring the ball out, and organise attacks from the back. Great tactical understanding of the game, technique, fighting spirit, leadership, Baressi had it all. While he wasnt phisically best, he made it up with his approach, bravery and inteligence. What Maradona was in attack, it was Baressi in defence.

Centre-back: Fabio Cannavaro: When cb wins the golden ball, then its clear what a player he is. When Materazzi beside him look as a great player, then its clear what a player he is. Tackticaly great, jumping, tackling, speed. Cannavaro was most complete defender of the last decade.

Right back: Javier Zanetti: Il capitano as they call him still a great player at 37. Great in deffence, imperious in attack. Started as a left wing, and played almost every position on the pitch and always was fantastic.

Central Midfield: Javier Redondo: He had every single characteristic of a great atack midfielder, yet he was briliant in defence. Tacticaly, Techniqaly fantastic player, he would hade bigger career if it not for injurys.

Centar Midfield: Genaro Gattuso: This position would be reserve for Claude Makelele, but you cant overlook Gattuso's contribition to Milan. Great fighter, always works for the team. It is his play that enables players like Kaka and Pirlo to shine.

Attacking midfielder: Zinedine Zidane: Most complete midfielder of the decade. Always knew what to with the ball, player that every manager would love to work with. He won it all, scoring goals in finals of two biggest competitons: World Cup and Champions League.

Left Wing: Ryan Giggs: Still great player at 38 years old. He still beats all younger heirs that Sir Alex brings in club. Great player both in tactical and tehnical sense, and has that extra something to alwas make fools of english fullbacks.

Right Wing: Francesco Totti: Princ of Rome How he never won golden ball is beyond me. Totti has so much class in his play, he regulary nutmegs defenders and goalkeepers, when you tought he will shoot with panic, he chips the ball and make fool of goalkepper. Fantastic player.

Striker: Andriy Shevchenko. Altough most expect Ronaldo here it is Sheva that makes the cut. Fast, strong, great finisher, great techinque. He could play on wing or as a lone striker and always be top player.

Still unmatched.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Zealous wrote:I think I'm in love :bow:

Best new poster :bow:

Mutual emotion here :king:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:56 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:

Goalkeeper: Gianluiggi Buffon, simply the best ever. Handling, reflexes, command of area, 1 on 1. he had it all.

Left back: Paolo Maldini, you dont have to say much about Maldini, intransitive in deffence, great in attack. He define this position for players such as Roberto Carlos and others.

Centre-back: Franco Baressi: Playing as a libero with defence, he also had to bring the ball out, and organise attacks from the back. Great tactical understanding of the game, technique, fighting spirit, leadership, Baressi had it all. While he wasnt phisically best, he made it up with his approach, bravery and inteligence. What Maradona was in attack, it was Baressi in defence.

Centre-back: Fabio Cannavaro: When cb wins the golden ball, then its clear what a player he is. When Materazzi beside him look as a great player, then its clear what a player he is. Tackticaly great, jumping, tackling, speed. Cannavaro was most complete defender of the last decade.

Right back: Javier Zanetti: Il capitano as they call him still a great player at 37. Great in deffence, imperious in attack. Started as a left wing, and played almost every position on the pitch and always was fantastic.

Central Midfield: Javier Redondo: He had every single characteristic of a great atack midfielder, yet he was briliant in defence. Tacticaly, Techniqaly fantastic player, he would hade bigger career if it not for injurys.

Centar Midfield: Genaro Gattuso: This position would be reserve for Claude Makelele, but you cant overlook Gattuso's contribition to Milan. Great fighter, always works for the team. It is his play that enables players like Kaka and Pirlo to shine.

Attacking midfielder: Zinedine Zidane: Most complete midfielder of the decade. Always knew what to with the ball, player that every manager would love to work with. He won it all, scoring goals in finals of two biggest competitons: World Cup and Champions League.

Left Wing: Ryan Giggs: Still great player at 38 years old. He still beats all younger heirs that Sir Alex brings in club. Great player both in tactical and tehnical sense, and has that extra something to alwas make fools of english fullbacks.

Right Wing: Francesco Totti: Princ of Rome How he never won golden ball is beyond me. Totti has so much class in his play, he regulary nutmegs defenders and goalkeepers, when you tought he will shoot with panic, he chips the ball and make fool of goalkepper. Fantastic player.

Striker: Andriy Shevchenko. Altough most expect Ronaldo here it is Sheva that makes the cut. Fast, strong, great finisher, great techinque. He could play on wing or as a lone striker and always be top player.

Still unmatched.

[CITATION NEEDED]
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:08 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:

Still unmatched.

Gigi, Paolo, Milan's Caesar Franco, Canna, Superman, Magneto-Bootman, and Zizou are all popular choices. Rino as energetic and dynamic and popular he is (well I like him), there are many better than him in that position; as you said Makelele deserved to be there but you picked Rino cause he belongs to Milan. Giggs and Sheva could be there for sure, but those positions are the most stacked with superstars so they're not irrreplaceable. Totti though, I must admit the Prince of Roma deserved more hype than he is getting as just like Michael Cox said "he is quite possibly the most consistently brilliant attacking player throughout the decade." Yours are not certainly unmatched and why the heck do you put Canna ahead of Nesta confused
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I was trying to make a team that would have good balance between the defence and attack. Maybe some choices are to be disccused, but the idea of the topic wasn't to just to put best XI attacking players, like some did.

I put Gattuso in my team(of course he is Milanista and that had matter in choice) because with all the attacking force in that XI, there must be someone to run for them, and Gattuso is best at that. Dont underestimatehis part in Kaka's briliant play in Milan.

Who do you think is better then Giggs in his position, and what do you mean by superstars? Isn't Giggs one of them?

Nesta is a fantastic defender, but altough i am Milan fan objecitevely looking Cannavaro is better. That world cup season separates them.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:32 pm

I know, I and many posters also put a well-balanced team. It could be attack oriented, but still solid enough at the back.

Yes, I don't underestimate him, Rino's a true Rhino, although at the same time I think Makelele, Vieira, Keane, Davids, and Cambiasso are better than him. If you look to the Baresi era, there are Matthaus, Dunga, Deschamps, RIJKAARD, and DESAILLY you could put there. Gattuso is great destroying midfielder, but he's also helped by the quality of the midfield and defense of Milan in that era. So, what I mean is, replace Gattuso with any of the names that I provide and you would get the same or maybe better result. Speaking of Milanista, Albertini could replace Redondo as well.

Giggs is indeed a superstar, what I mean is those two positions LW and ST for many reasons along with AM has the most list of greats and subsequently Giggs is just one of the superstars and not well ahead of the rest like Baresi in CB or Maldini in LB for example.

Well, in my, most Milanisti, and general football public point of view, Nesta is better than Cannavaro. It's fine that you held to your opinion though, Canna is awesome as well, being short and bald and all that, but it's just strange considering you pick Gattuso and you unpick Nesta.

Cheers mate!! Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:30 am

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
Zealous wrote:Thanks man, You understood my idea perfectly there. Raul would drop deep to link up leaving Cris and Messi to cut in and tear sh*t up :dance:

Yo, almost similar to mine. Very Happy I would replace Alberto with Djalma Santos and Rijkaard with Didi, super-regista with folha secca freekick FTW! I think I have no problem with Zico replacing either of the Argentinian in the XI, or if you insist on having a bald and somehow not that blond "Blond Arrow" there, well yeah he's damn versatile enough to play at Rijkaard post, isn't he. Hey, you need Moore for some shoring up, Edwards for just in case, birdie Garrincha for some flying magic and der Bomber Muller for the win when you just don't know nothing else! der Kaiser for the skipper and any of Platini or Puskas or Eusebio to complete the bench as if Yashin has to be injured, you just put Maradona the handballer or Pele the athlete there.

In case you haven't, check this out http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248904 ☀

Hey Zeal brah I read again and now I am wondering about that, shouldn't it be five? You don't put the non-blonde "Blond Arrow" there??? affraid Eh, anyway why did Sir Alfredo gotten that nickname when he is far from blond confused eco smile
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 pm

:brickwall: :mental: 🐘 Suspect :dance:
AHHH, I'm bored!!! This thread need moar love and I don't think I can post anymore after the day after today. So there's so much version of Best XI that you've seen and a discussion about GOAT XI, I wanna make the in between then. Between the era where GOATs were all around you and the era that I can watch football. It should be like this for me:

Tafarell
Kohler Matthaus Maldini
Deschamps Dunga
Hagi Baggio Laudrup
Van Basten Romario

Subs: Pele, Cha-Bum-Kun, Litmanen

Ah, it's just some random names, but what the heck they can cope with most others :dance:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:I know, I and many posters also put a well-balanced team. It could be attack oriented, but still solid enough at the back.

Yes, I don't underestimate him, Rino's a true Rhino, although at the same time I think Makelele, Vieira, Keane, Davids, and Cambiasso are better than him. If you look to the Baresi era, there are Matthaus, Dunga, Deschamps, RIJKAARD, and DESAILLY you could put there. Gattuso is great destroying midfielder, but he's also helped by the quality of the midfield and defense of Milan in that era. So, what I mean is, replace Gattuso with any of the names that I provide and you would get the same or maybe better result. Speaking of Milanista, Albertini could replace Redondo as well.

Giggs is indeed a superstar, what I mean is those two positions LW and ST for many reasons along with AM has the most list of greats and subsequently Giggs is just one of the superstars and not well ahead of the rest like Baresi in CB or Maldini in LB for example.

Well, in my, most Milanisti, and general football public point of view, Nesta is better than Cannavaro. It's fine that you held to your opinion though, Canna is awesome as well, being short and bald and all that, but it's just strange considering you pick Gattuso and you unpick Nesta.

Cheers mate!! Very Happy

Keane, are you serious? :coffee:

AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:
Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:I know, I and many posters also put a well-balanced team. It could be attack oriented, but still solid enough at the back.

Cheers mate!! Very Happy

Keane, are you serious? :coffee:

Aww man, I was waiting for your reply for so long. It was very lonely in this name heaven. Wowza don't underrate Keane man, he's just as important as Giggs for United's success in the late 90s to early 00s. You can read words from many experts or football pundits, I believe they would agree with me. You like Gattuso better than Keane, but it doesn't mean Keane is no good all of a sudden. All names from the list could replace Gattuso and do as well. From the era that I watched I concretely believe that Makelele and Vieira are better than Gattuso and it's really close with Cambi, but I like Cambi's style better. Very Happy I never said Gattuso didn't deserve to be there, but when you compare to Nesta that is replaced with Canna and Gattuso being there I just feel weird, well you can look at other XI the milanisti made. Cool

How about the other points, you agree with me? Crying or Very sad
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next