Albiceleste
S
Bellabong
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
38 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 7 Empty Re: Are Italy the best of all time again?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Phritz wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:oi u are supposed to cruise in a merc - in style. call up AMG for the hectic extras.

Sorry, Ferrari already beats all your Volkswagon's, Mercedies and Audi's. Nuff said :coffee:

Last time I checked the Bugatti Veyron was the best road-car on the planet. Did I mention it's a Volkswagen?

Surprisingly, in Bild tests over the past decade, the Porsche 911 is the most reliable car. Ever. Even beating the Japs by miles.

The current 458 engine breaks like every 10km's and needs maintenance after driving it out of a garage. BMW's engine with a similar power to displacement ratio needs 10 times less maintenance.

From an engineering standpoint Ferrari actually make pretty shitty engines.

Oh right, last time I checked Bugatti was started from an Italian, then they stole our ideas and took rights for it Volkswagen, oh by the way when it comes to engines, I wonder why in F1, Ferrari, considered the fastest ones out of all of them :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 7 Empty Re: Are Italy the best of all time again?

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:25 pm

sciacca wrote:What am I doing? Or in your words playing a part? I basically just stand there and according to you ONLY approve Wiggles, oh right... Um, are you blind? What have I been doing in all these pages? I was just standing there was saying, okay Wiggles you're right? I did that with one or two posts, other than that I've been debating my friend. So I don't quite understand what you mean. Though what do you want me to say, Wiggles is right, you are acting like a 4 years old as you seem not to read my posts and come up with assumptions. So according to you I only spoke about History, more than World Cups of course, but yet you deny the fact that I didn't speak about the present and even future of both squads, I see... Very smart man you are there.

Hahaha, you go on such a trolling spree then get offended because of a little jab. And we all know the ultimate sign of maturity is accusing people of being 4 year olds and stupid, dont we. You did say that history of how many WCs a country has won affects what you expect of the country in the present, so for you its all related somehow. So the expectations for Italy in these Euros are 4 times higher than those on Spain? What a joke.

Anyway, I have no intention in getting into a petty squabble. You wont budge from your beliefs no matter how many posters try to convince you, so buonasera signore I wont go on.

Also, I didnt neg rep you if you're wondering. I dont work that way.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
Hahaha, you go on such a trolling spree then get offended because of a little jab. And we all know the ultimate sign of maturity is accusing people of being 4 year olds and stupid, dont we. You did say that history of how many WCs a country has won affects what you expect of the country in the present, so for you its all related somehow. So the expectations for Italy in these Euros are 4 times higher than those on Spain? What a joke.

Anyway, I have no intention in getting into a petty squabble. You wont budge from your beliefs no matter how many posters try to convince you, so buonasera signore I wont go on.

Yes, I did, but how many times did I say 4 world cups LOL? I mentioned many more points. Oh that's what I thought. Oh and by the way, please find me a quote that says I ever mentioned we are currently better than Spain, Germany, and that we will win the Euro's. You truly are a failure, sorry to say as you come up with assumptions which are completely false and irrelavent and in addition have no clue in what he's talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 pm

sciacca wrote:
Phritz wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:oi u are supposed to cruise in a merc - in style. call up AMG for the hectic extras.

Sorry, Ferrari already beats all your Volkswagon's, Mercedies and Audi's. Nuff said :coffee:

Last time I checked the Bugatti Veyron was the best road-car on the planet. Did I mention it's a Volkswagen?

Surprisingly, in Bild tests over the past decade, the Porsche 911 is the most reliable car. Ever. Even beating the Japs by miles.

The current 458 engine breaks like every 10km's and needs maintenance after driving it out of a garage. BMW's M5 engine with a similar power to displacement ratio needs 10 times less maintenance.

From an engineering standpoint Ferrari actually make pretty shitty engines.

Oh right, last time I checked Bugatti was started from an Italian, then they stole our ideas and took rights for it Volkswagen, oh by the way when it comes to engines, I wonder why in F1, Ferrari, considered the fastest ones out of all of them :coffee:

Bugatti is just a brand name which VW bought, The Veyron was designed and engineered by Volkswagen for achievements sake (the car costs around 4,000,000€ to build but it's sold for around €1,000,000), the other way of doing things is where Audi owns Lamborghini but pretty much lets them do their own thing but helped with the resources of Audi.

2 of the top 4 teams in F1 atm are using Mercedes engines, with Red-Bull Renault (leader) using Renault and Ferrari in 3rd. The other 2 teams with Ferrari engines have a negligible amount of points. (Torro Rosso and Sauber)
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:50 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
sciacca wrote:What am I doing? Or in your words playing a part? I basically just stand there and according to you ONLY approve Wiggles, oh right... Um, are you blind? What have I been doing in all these pages? I was just standing there was saying, okay Wiggles you're right? I did that with one or two posts, other than that I've been debating my friend. So I don't quite understand what you mean. Though what do you want me to say, Wiggles is right, you are acting like a 4 years old as you seem not to read my posts and come up with assumptions. So according to you I only spoke about History, more than World Cups of course, but yet you deny the fact that I didn't speak about the present and even future of both squads, I see... Very smart man you are there.

Actually I believe that the number of past WC trophies has everything to do with a countries expectations in the present. I just think everyone is misunderstanding the point Sciacca is trying to make. The point here is that as history proves, the teams with the most have always found there way back to the top...and in my opinion they always will. IMO the top 3 nations are Brazil, Italy and Germany. There is a reason that they hold a combined 12 World Cup titles out of a possible 19. Throughout the hard times these national teams faced, they have always consistently found there back to the top. Of course this also has to do with the talent the country produce and how the team is managed, but thats not to say teams like England, Spain, Netherlands(even with 0 titles), and even Argentina don't produce the same amount of talent. Before 2010 Spain's best World Cup run was 4th. England hasn't won anything since 66. Netherlands has made the finals 3 times(twice in a row) and have still not managed to win. And Argentina hasn't been the same since the Maradona days. The most consistent team has always been Germany as they have almost always reached the top 4. But the point is that these 3 teams have been the most dominant over the coarse of the history of the World Cup. Is that to say other teams may never win it again? No...but if I had to put money on the team i believed was going to win at the start of each world cup it would easily be Brazil, Italy or Germany based solely on the history. You don't have to agree but the past speaks for itself. I would easily bet that Spain doesn't win another title for at least another 40 years lol and thats just basing it off of Englands past.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Il Pinguino wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

Actually I believe that the number of past WC trophies has everything to do with a countries expectations in the present. I just think everyone is misunderstanding the point Sciacca is trying to make. The point here is that as history proves, the teams with the most have always found there way back to the top...and in my opinion they always will. IMO the top 3 nations are Brazil, Italy and Germany. There is a reason that they hold a combined 12 World Cup titles out of a possible 19. Throughout the hard times these national teams faced, they have always consistently found there back to the top. Of course this also has to do with the talent the country produce and how the team is managed, but thats not to say teams like England, Spain, Netherlands(even with 0 titles), and even Argentina don't produce the same amount of talent. Before 2010 Spain's best World Cup run was 4th. England hasn't won anything since 66. Netherlands has made the finals 3 times(twice in a row) and have still not managed to win. And Argentina hasn't been the same since the Maradona days. The most consistent team has always been Germany as they have almost always reached the top 4. But the point is that these 3 teams have been the most dominant over the coarse of the history of the World Cup. Is that to say other teams may never win it again? No...but if I had to put money on the team i believed was going to win at the start of each world cup it would easily be Brazil, Italy or Germany based solely on the history. You don't have to agree but the past speaks for itself. I would easily bet that Spain doesn't win another title for at least another 40 years lol and thats just basing it off of Englands past.
spain has vision now, a vision that will live for a long time. they are not another england.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:03 pm

First of all.... The comments between Italian and German cars are hilarious as reading the criticism of Italian cars is fallacious and laughable. (especially on the 458.

BTW, Veyron is simply the fastest car in the world and no where near the best.
PS: Bugatti was originally an Italian company.

But I don't wanna waste time here.

On topic: Guys, go easy on Sciacca as I have noticed he is usually a calm and composed poster with some great and insightful posts. But, when it comes to a topic of anything Italian he tends to be very reactive and impulsive as this is usually a side of effect of dyslexia. Leonardo Da Vinci had dyslexia and was known to think incoherently when provoked from his hothead temper. Mason Dyson possesses the same thing has trouble in comprehension of reading as especially when overworked (quoted by him).
Now Sciacca here has posted all to many times today as I'm sure after his break he will think lucid and coherently and respond equally well to the patient VivaStPaul. I know these effects as dyslexia is common to displace your comprehension negatively if not controlled.

PS: I am not dyslexic but am a Synesthete
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:07 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

spain has vision now, a vision that will live for a long time. they are not another england.
I'm sure that's what ran through the head of all England fans as well when they lifted the cup about 40 years ago. And yet they wait 4 years at a time only to be let down over and over. The real test for Spain is how they handle their stars aging like Italy after 06. Brazil is the best example of this right now. The only difference is that they have bounced back whereas Spain doesn't have a very good record of this. Don't get me wrong though they could very well be a new force to reckon with and make me look stupid lol. But I wouldn't put money on it just because of how history has played out
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:10 pm

well CHANGE is a big factor in everything, and all spain have to do is to make their system and culture support their football for as long as possible.

italian,brazilian,german systems have been proven to work for a long time now.

england system has been proven to fail for a long time now.

the spanish system if sustainable though deserves to be in the same bracket as the godly trio.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Italian women > All

German engineering > All

Pasta > All

Beer > All

Debate over, guys.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:18 pm

The Madrid One wrote:

the spanish system if sustainable though deserves to be in the same bracket as the godly trio.
So has the Spanish...just go look at the history.
The point we are trying to make is not that Spain or any other country can never reach that trio. But that history is against them. Things CAN change and most likely will at some point. But based on history the odds are stacked against them. Spain can very well reach the "godly trio" but prior to 2010 they have been far from impressive in the WC. Just look at the mess France is in now. They dominated in 98, were a joke in 2002 and made the finals again in 06 and look now. Their downfall started with Zidane's retirement. Xavi, Villa and Iniesta arent getting any younger. It will be interesting to see how they cope once they hang up their boots thats for sure
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:19 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Italian women > All

German engineering > All

Pasta > All

Beer > All

Debate over, guys.
Hahaha THIS cheers
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:19 pm

German engineering > All

Pasta > All

Beer > All

Debate over, guys.

I like Sushi's way of thinking and thus wish to back up his theory with facts.....

Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 7 Sara-Tommasi-5
+
Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 7 DBB_bockbier

= Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 7 128906910879622108
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:19 pm

Il Pinguino wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

So has the Spanish...just go look at the history.
The point we are trying to make is not that Spain or any other country can never reach that trio. But that history is against them. Things CAN change and most likely will at some point. But based on history the odds are stacked against them. Spain can very well reach the "godly trio" but prior to 2010 they have been far from impressive in the WC. Just look at the mess France is in now. They dominated in 98, were a joke in 2002 and made the finals again in 06 and look now. Their downfall started with Zidane's retirement. Xavi, Villa and Iniesta arent getting any younger. It will be interesting to see how they cope once they hang up their boots thats for sure
Thumbs up
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:47 pm

But to predict what's gonna happen with Spain, we don't need to look at history, or stats from past WCs, we just have to look at their youth academies and their youth teams. Surprised
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:26 am

Arquitecto wrote:First of all.... The comments between Italian and German cars are hilarious as reading the criticism of Italian cars is fallacious and laughable. (especially on the 458.

On topic: Guys, go easy on Sciacca as I have noticed he is usually a calm and composed poster with some great and insightful posts. But, when it comes to a topic of anything Italian he tends to be very reactive and impulsive as this is usually a side of effect of dyslexia. Leonardo Da Vinci had dyslexia and was known to think incoherently when provoked from his hothead temper. Mason Dyson possesses the same thing has trouble in comprehension of reading as especially when overworked (quoted by him).
Now Sciacca here has posted all to many times today as I'm sure after his break he will think lucid and coherently and respond equally well to the patient VivaStPaul. I know these effects as dyslexia is common to displace your comprehension negatively if not controlled.

This is the way to go on topic from now on.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:30 am

baresi wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:First of all.... The comments between Italian and German cars are hilarious as reading the criticism of Italian cars is fallacious and laughable. (especially on the 458.

The topic after 5 pages is clearly the analysis of why Sciacca is failing to understand some points.

This is a troll thread btw if you noticed, genius.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:36 am

what about Abate?
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

first of all i celebrate mole for opening this topic, cauz he has a great sense of humor. secondly i just feel sad for all these italy-random-hype clowns investing so much time in these ridiculous discussions ( as they perceive it ). it's a dilemma really.

Last edited by Toffer Harley on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:13 am

Arquitecto wrote:
baresi wrote:

The topic after 5 pages is clearly the analysis of why Sciacca is failing to understand some points.

Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 7 PeteCampbell2
Smarmy
In case one might ask what smarmy is it is well described below:

Yes, he's a smarmy know-it-all with the personality of a hall monitor, the kind of guy everyone hides from at a Christmas party. —Bill Simmons, ESPN

I hope this is takem light heartedly. No offence meant.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:13 am

Eivindo wrote:what about Abate?
Simple best RB in Italy, and should have been called up for the NT.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:18 am

baresi wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
baresi wrote:

Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 7 PeteCampbell2
Smarmy
In case one might ask what smarmy is it is well described below:

Yes, he's a smarmy know-it-all with the personality of a hall monitor, the kind of guy everyone hides from at a Christmas party. —Bill Simmons, ESPN

I hope this is takem light heartedly. No offence meant.

Hahahaha. Aptly done. Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:17 am

What's more ridiculous is to claim Germans compare to us when it comes to cars, all they do is steal our ideas and brands. Take Lambo for example, now owned by Volkswagon. Bugatti, I already mentioned they were originally Italian, but it was ignored for some odd reason. Plain and simple, there is no German car that is the 'best'.

Bah, I have to agree I do react a lot on it, but I like it as I have a lot of pride and passion for the Azzurri. My avatar and signature say it pretty much. But some of you need to understand, Germany are one of our biggest rivals, so it is normal for me to take this issue seriously as many other Italians do. All I can say is, nobody can deny that Italy and Germany always have the best of games even during friendlies. And the game in 2006 will be always in my memory as one of the past fixtures in my life time, but anyways If anyone got offended, I apologize...

Eivindo wrote:what about Abate?

What about him? He wasn't called up as usual, so there's nothing to discuss about him :coffee:

Toffer Harley wrote:first of all i celebrate mole for opening this topic, cauz he has a great sense of humor. secondly i just feel sad for all these italy-random-hype clowns investing so much time in these ridiculous discussions ( as they perceive it ). it's a dilemma really.

Read the post above.

baresi wrote:
Simple best RB in Italy, and should have been called up for the NT.

Should be as he deserves it, not the best in Italy YET, and for now a call up is NOT needed for Abate.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 pm

German engineering > All

Pasta > All

Beer > All

Debate over, guys.

We have a winner cheers
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:56 pm

lol, sushi, you are the best!
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:55 pm

sciacca wrote:
che wrote:wow... i almost feel sorry for sciacca, it must be physically painful to be intellectually outmatched so much

Oh dear, I feel bad and physically painful for England who have gained nothing up until now, except one World Cup in 1966 :coffee:

Lol, I wonder why you even brought up England here.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next