Albiceleste
S
Bellabong
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
38 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Italy the best of all time again?

Post by izzy Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Mole, I see what your trying to do here.
And I fully endorse it. :king:

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Italy the best of all time again?

Post by Eivindo Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Montolivo, Aquilani, Nocerino are average. DDR is out of form, Marchisio needs to step up (WHEN?), Pirlo is a shadow of himself. This team I dare to say needs some Gattuso.

Middlefield is quite weak, possibly even weaker than England's one. Defence is looking good, and attack what I can say is top notch

I pretend I didnt see that.

Our midfield would still beat the crap out of England any day of the week. Once Prandelli calls up Abate its game over before it even started for anyone.

I also think Montolivo could play at a top club, and that it would change how people view him. Nocerino is indeed average, some sort of a younger Gattuso replacement one can say.

Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:06 pm

By Gattuso I mean a proper DM, team lacks teeth
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:07 pm

izzy26 wrote:Mole, I see what your trying to do here.
And I fully endorse it. :king:

Well someone was going to do it so why not it be me ? Cool
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:08 pm

bhends wrote:Italy's passing was so good today

Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVyG9i2J8czFcUuWQ8f77GeAKcToDr9zs0J7OyGPe-DzD7Zv5C
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Mole let's not go veiling Italy's performance tonight with sarcasm Cool

To awnser your question no it doesn't, but what tonight does tell us is the melodramatic stuff about Italy being crap, dead, finished, obsolete; well you know the stuff people rhetort, it's wrong or just exaggerated.

That's the truth.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:27 pm

DID I JUST HEAR MONTY IS AVERAGE

Did i see the same finish as u guys?!
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:32 pm

What on earth am I hearing? Average players? Sure those two average players that were mentioned score both goals today. Anyways, great result nonetheless. We are the fifth team to beat Spain in 66 games, which means a lot. No we are not better, however we should be taken seriously, not only because of this game but from the others.

Wiggles I completely agree. Ranieri said himself we dominated great in the first 30 minutes, and then dominated great in midfield seeing we don't depend on wingers and we used CM's. Cassano even complimented Gigi Riva who he says he's like a father to him.

For those people making sarcastic jokes about Italy and not being taken serious, oh right, they think we feel amazed by beating the likes of Estonia and Faroe Islands, but yet forget that we never lost to either Germany and Spain. But then again, they also don't realize we are undefeated in the Qualifying group and on the verge of qualifying at the same time going from 16th to 6th place in Fifa Rankings in a span of a year... Sure right...

Wiggles you're right once again, we were champions four times, and we can be again. This Italia, anything is possible.

Let's make one thing clear, there is only one Gattuso. There will never be another one. The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be boys.

As for the Abate fans out there, once again I'm right. After seeing Maggio's performance, there is still NO need for Abate to be called up, as Maggio puts on another great game aside shocking Criscito.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 pm

zarola wrote:DID I JUST HEAR MONTY IS AVERAGE

Did i see the same finish as u guys?!

Don't get me started, he had a nice chip. And last game he had 2 assists... But then again this is coming from the guy who's not proud about beating Spain. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Repost:

Meh, Italy were extremely lucky, Spain played better and were wasteful. Buffon doesnt even come close to Casillas right now. And Balotelli is a damn beast.

Also, I really dont get the whole '4 World Cups' thing. I mean, two of them are from the 1930s, and another from the 80s. They have no relevance whatsoever. Saying 'We won the first 5 European Cups, therefore Real Madrid is the greatest' makes more sense than that.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 pm

[quote="Saetablanca"]Repost:

Meh, Italy were extremely lucky, Spain played better and were wasteful. Buffon doesnt even come close to Casillas right now. And Balotelli is a damn beast.

Get your facts right buddy, Italy were the better team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 pm

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:Mole let's not go veiling Italy's performance tonight with sarcasm Cool

To awnser your question no it doesn't, but what tonight does tell us is the melodramatic stuff about Italy being crap, dead, finished, obsolete; well you know the stuff people rhetort, it's wrong or just exaggerated.

That's the truth.

I did'nt even watch, i was watching the Ze Germans Cool

But i saw the result and thought id contribute to the obvious popcorn party time with my brand of sarcasm that you all know and love Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Mole, why do i always laugh when I see your posts. I love them so much! They are amusing for some reason haahah! Keep it up

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 pm

sciacca wrote:Mole, why do i always laugh when I see your posts. I love them so much! They are amusing for some reason haahah! Keep it up

Thank you, you aint too bad yourself Wiggles Jr. Very Happy

It's probably my dry british wit, some people get it and some people dont and you my Sicilian friend seem to get it Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Phritz wrote:In other news Germany actually won a friendly LOL

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd read.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:09 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Phritz wrote:In other news Germany actually won a friendly LOL

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd read.

The only way I could explain it is that maybe Pele, he of the erectile distinction adverts, jinxed it with a timely prediction. Otherwise it's unfathomable Shocked
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Giovane Elber called it though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
sciacca wrote:Mole, why do i always laugh when I see your posts. I love them so much! They are amusing for some reason haahah! Keep it up

Thank you, you aint too bad yourself Wiggles Jr. Very Happy

It's probably my dry british wit, some people get it and some people dont and you my Sicilian friend seem to get it Razz

My Sicilian roots can smell your british wit a mile away! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 pm

yes, italy is the best side ever when the going gets hard.
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:22 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Giovane Elber called it though.

You think he could be the heir of paul? Are Italy the best of all time again? - Page 2 97
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Repost:

Also, I really dont get the whole '4 World Cups' thing. I mean, two of them are from the 1930s, and another from the 80s. They have no relevance whatsoever. Saying 'We won the first 5 European Cups, therefore Real Madrid is the greatest' makes more sense than that.

I guess you don't quite get it. Italy is the only team that has continuously been a winner and contender from the 30s to the 2000s. And, you may be unaware of the fact that Italy was the last World Cup winner before Spain in 2006. Young people just don't get it, yet the statistics are there for anyone to see.

History has the most relevance with respect to the World Cup. Over the past 40 years there have been 8 repeat winners and only 3 first time winners. Figure out the probabilities.

Furthermore the history of a national team has everything to do with World Cup performance. Imagine a team with no historical relevance did as badly as Italy did in 2010. Chances are that team would have difficulty qualifying for the next Wrold Cup, much less be a contender. When the Italian players go out to play for the national team, they have and feel a great responsibility to the country that expects excellence that they have known for decades, but also to past players, yes even from the 30s, that won the World Cup for Italy. Look at the faces of the Italian players when the anthem is playing, those guys are ready to give it their all, even Balotelli, who screws around with a club team.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:39 pm

And, it should of been 3-0 Italy in the first half. There was no penalty for Spain and there two cross bars and an open goal miss for Italy.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Spain were playing shitty though.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Did De Rossi have a good game ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:55 pm

El Pipita wrote:Spain were playing shitty though.

Chalk that up to Italy's excellent play, particularly in the first half.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:56 pm

The Fonz wrote:Did De Rossi have a good game ?

Surprisingly, he played very well. Looked like his old self.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum