Thimmy
Firenze
El Gunner
Myesyats
FennecFox7
43 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 14 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by futbol_bill Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:17 pm

And portuguese

Curious question - did Messi learn to speak Catalan?

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 14 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:01 pm

By that I meant learned languages not native to him.

And Messi doesn't but Barça fans found a way to rationalise that too.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:16 pm

futbol_bill wrote:And portuguese

Curious question - did Messi learn to speak Catalan?

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 14 Untitled

From the Catalunya sub

Interesting that Dani Alves learned to speak Catalan lol, thought it's harder for a Brazilian to learn Catalan since Spanish is closer to it.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:02 pm

not a surprise! That part of speaking Catalan to other Spaniards is more about the distain of the separtists than language. Most regions in Spain have their local language / dialect and is spoken often and freely, but when it comes to other regions of Spain, proper Spanish is used. It would be an insult to speak the local language to them.

I asked the question re Messi as to my knowledge, most conversations in Barcelona are in catalan and I would have thought all players would speak it. Granted in interviews etc that are broadcast throughout Spain, it would be normal (and right) practice to speak in Spanish.

The reference to Alves is comical given his now presence in the Cartel. But you are right, The change from Portuguese to Spanish is more difficult than to an Argentino Spanish to Catalan. btw, an Argentino not speaking proper Spanish is common. Actually we make fun of them.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:46 am

When I first moved to the US, I went to Los Angeles. Frankly, the Spanish spoken by the locals there felt like another language. Similar to Canadians speaking French... just wasn't quite the same thing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:57 am

I just cant help it Very Happy

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1764726313166815247
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14