How far will City go in EPL next season?

+24
Nishankly
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
RED
RealGunner
chemicalboy99
Adit
Babun
Raptorgunner
Dnmac4
Sri
the xcx
fatman123
Abramovich
Iceman
Gil
che
M99
iNFINITY9910
Albiceleste
BeautifulGame
Sushi Master
Swanhends
Mr Nick09
28 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

how far?

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 16 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap16%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 19 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap21%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 24 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap10%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 117

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Empty Re: How far will City go in EPL next season?

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Sushi Master wrote:You're comparing the wrong players. You should be comparing Yaya to Song and Wilshere to Milner. I'd give Yaya the lead by a bit, but the rest don't stand a chance, sorry.

Fabregas >>>>>>> Silva (your main creative force, as you said)
Wilshere > Milner/Barry (not contest...)
Nasri > De Jong or whatever useless player you cram in there
Yaya > Song

Yaya is MILES better then Song but rest I agree with although comparing Nasri to De Jong is pretty stooooooooopid.

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Empty Re: How far will City go in EPL next season?

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Wow Arsenal fans are truly insane. I have heard that Wilshire is better then Yaya Toure and had a better season then him. I don't know how anyone can come to that conclusion.

Someone compares Nasri to De Jong instead of Song to De Jong.

You have the biggest group of underacheivers in world football. Any other TOP TEAM that performed like they do in important games would have shipped these players away and started over, but you guys cling to guys like Song and Nasri and really think they are better then Yaya/de jong and silva. It is called group delusion.

You can try to argue as much as you want but there is one cold hard fact you can't get away from, in the last 6 years you have been eligible for 4 titles per year for a total of 24 and you have won none. Your players by definition are losers. One of the titles you lost to a team who got relegated, and it wasn't like they were lucky or anything, they out played you.

Also, Man City is trending upwards, Arsenal is trending downwards and like I said before, there coach and fans are the only ones who don't see that.

The funniest thing I see on this board is when Arsenal fans say that Fabregas loves the club too much so that is why he doesn't say anything about the transfer, and you guys really believe that. He could end the speculation and saga with one sentance, "I love Arsenal and am going nowhere." But no, him and Nasri want out of town ASAP.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Ade wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:You're comparing the wrong players. You should be comparing Yaya to Song and Wilshere to Milner. I'd give Yaya the lead by a bit, but the rest don't stand a chance, sorry.

Yaya > Song

Yaya is MILES better then Song but rest I agree with although comparing Nasri to De Jong is pretty stooooooooopid.

The only thing De Jong does is break legs, any thug can do that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:15 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Wow Arsenal fans are truly insane. I have heard that Wilshire is better then Yaya Toure and had a better season then him. I don't know how anyone can come to that conclusion.

You have the biggest group of underacheivers in world football. Any other TOP TEAM that performed like they do in important games would have shipped these players away and started over, but you guys cling to guys like Song and Nasri and really think they are better then Yaya/de jong and silva. It is called group delusion.

You can try to argue as much as you want but there is one cold hard fact you can't get away from, in the last 6 years you have been eligible for 4 titles per year for a total of 24 and you have won none. Your players by definition are losers. One of the titles you lost to a team who got relegated, and it wasn't like they were lucky or anything, they out played you.

Also, Man City is trending upwards, Arsenal is trending downwards and like I said before, there coach and fans are the only ones who don't see that.

The funniest thing I see on this board is when Arsenal fans say that Fabregas loves the club too much so that is why he doesn't say anything about the transfer, and you guys really believe that. He could end the speculation and saga with one sentance, "I love Arsenal and am going nowhere." But no, him and Nasri want out of town ASAP.

Stay out of this its about Newcastle now :coffee:

Iceman wrote:By the way, Mole, how pleased are you with Newcastle's transfers so far? I know that missing our on Gervinho probably bugged you a bit, but who do you see Newcastle signing and who do you want to sign?

If you don't mind me rubbing it in, Gervinho is looking like a great player.

Tiote and Cabaye did'nt do thier job right Sad

To be frank all i want is a striker with a good off the movement,quick and clinical and an Enrique replacement.

I have trust in our youth player's to come in and do a job if required and with Ben Arfa and Gosling coming back from injury even though Ben Arfa will miss the first 2 games because he got injured again /facepalm.

A striker with the attributes i mentioned and LB will be enough to go into the new season.

As for signings i like Demba Ba what i have seen of him, dont want him to be first choice but he looks good eitherway. Marveaux looks like a very pacy, tricky winger and will be a definite improvement on Gutierrez and Cabaye brings us something we have lacked for god knows how many years.... a playmaker cheers and the kid we bought looks very exciting but i dont know if he will be apart of the first team this year.

I am a bit disappointed we hav'nt spent more money i hear the only reason we missed out on Gamiero was because we did'nt agree to giving him 50k a week Sad and the reason we did'nt or hav'nt bought Barnetta was because Barton is staying and we trust Haris Vuckic to prove himself as the talent everyone know's he has. I hope we play him in the first 2 games instead of Ben Arfa.

So yeah a quality striker and a lb will make this a successful transfer window imo while not spending a penny Laughing

I can write long post's too Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Ade wrote:

Yaya > Song

The only thing De Jong does is break legs, any thug can do that.

Don't get me wrong lol I aint defending De Jong or anything at all like that just saying its stupid to compare him with Nasri :bom:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Ade wrote:

Yaya > Song

Miles? Yaya is a great player, but you make it sound either Yaya is God on Earth, or Song is Squillaci or something.

Yaya is the better player, but Song is just as important to Arsenal as Yaya is to City.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:18 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Wow Arsenal fans are truly insane. I have heard that Wilshire is better then Yaya Toure and had a better season then him. I don't know how anyone can come to that conclusion.

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 U+Mad_99cbce_2387224
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 pm

I'd rather Song stick to his DM duties than always being caught up top. City have at least 5 players at any one time in DM so Toure can take more risks and run forward with more peace of mind

Last edited by Lex on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Ade wrote:

Yaya > Song

Miles? Yaya is a great player, but you make it sound either Yaya is God on Earth, or Song is Squillaci or something.

Yaya is the better player, but Song is just as important to Arsenal as Yaya is to City.

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Hijack-DeNiro

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Iceman wrote:By the way, Mole, how pleased are you with Newcastle's transfers so far? I know that missing our on Gervinho probably bugged you a bit, but who do you see Newcastle signing and who do you want to sign?

If you don't mind me rubbing it in, Gervinho is looking like a great player.

Tiote and Cabaye did'nt do thier job right Sad

To be frank all i want is a striker with a good off the movement,quick and clinical and an Enrique replacement.

I have trust in our youth player's to come in and do a job if required and with Ben Arfa and Gosling coming back from injury even though Ben Arfa will miss the first 2 games because he got injured again /facepalm.

A striker with the attributes i mentioned and LB will be enough to go into the new season.

As for signings i like Demba Ba what i have seen of him, dont want him to be first choice but he looks good eitherway. Marveaux looks like a very pacy, tricky winger and will be a definite improvement on Gutierrez and Cabaye brings us something we have lacked for god knows how many years.... a playmaker cheers and the kid we bought looks very exciting but i dont know if he will be apart of the first team this year.

I am a bit disappointed we hav'nt spent more money i hear the only reason we missed out on Gamiero was because we did'nt agree to giving him 50k a week Sad and the reason we did'nt or hav'nt bought Barnetta was because Barton is staying and we trust Haris Vuckic to prove himself as the talent everyone know's he has. I hope we play him in the first 2 games instead of Ben Arfa.

So yeah a quality striker and a lb will make this a successful transfer window imo while not spending a penny Laughing

I can write long post's too Very Happy

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 pm

"Stay out of this its about Newcastle now "

Fair enough, do you mean the same Newcastle team who scored 4 goals in the second half against the almighty Arsenal????
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:22 pm

dnmac4, Mole doesn't really go for that brown nosing strategy, so you can drop it
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:22 pm

dnmac4 wrote:"Stay out of this its about Newcastle now "

Fair enough, do you mean the same Newcastle team who scored 4 goals in the second half against the almighty Arsenal????

The very same only we have french players now Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Marveaux shits all over Gutierrez when it comes to the final ball or the end product, but that is mainly due to Gutierrez's own suck-iness in that area. I wouldn't be too sad about not getting Barnetta though. I'm not taking anything away from him, because he's a good player, but he doesn't offer anything new to the team. Renato Agusto is the one with the flash and talent imo.

I think I can see you guys buying one more player, other than the Enrique replacement.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 pm

but most importantly, they have the two players with the most swag, Balotelli and Aguero Cool

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Iceman wrote:Marveaux shits all over Gutierrez when it comes to the final ball or the end product, but that is mainly due to Gutierrez's own suck-iness in that area. I wouldn't be too sad about not getting Barnetta though. I'm not taking anything away from him, because he's a good player, but he doesn't offer anything new to the team. Renato Agusto is the one with the flash and talent imo.

I think I can see you guys buying one more player, other than the Enrique replacement.

Yh we will a striker is a damn certainty lol along with Enrique replacement and to be frank if we do trust our youth like the manager shouting from the rooftops is saying then i dont see a need for anything else.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Ade wrote:

Yaya > Song

Yaya is the best defensive mid in the world. Plus he can go forward with the best of them, and his passing for his size and position is excellent. I may be biased but Yaya gives you so much more then others who play his position. I mean he played fullback for us in the champions league final against Ronaldo, Tevez, and Rooney and shut them down. He is a great player.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

Ok miles may be a slight exaggeration but its more then abit as you put it 🐷

In these forums it seems all Arsenal fans think Jack can walk on water and all this bull you'll get used to it lol the hype to me is almost as worse than the hype Rooney gets from Man U fans
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Ade wrote:

Yaya > Song

Yaya is the best defensive mid in the world. Plus he can go forward with the best of them, and his passing for his size and position is excellent. I may be biased but Yaya gives you so much more then others who play his position. I mean he played fullback for us in the champions league final against Ronaldo, Tevez, and Rooney and shut them down. He is a great player.

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Hijack-Car
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:[

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Kitten-KittenWithHandsUpIGiveUp

Mike Ashley is a big fat bell cheese

Last edited by Ade on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Ade wrote:In these forums it seems all Arsenal fans think Jack can walk on water and all this bull you'll get used to it lol the hype to me is almost as worse than the hype Rooney gets from Man U fans or Torres gets from Chelsea fans
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Ade wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:[

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 4 Handsup

Mike Ashley is a big fat bell cheese

Definitely care to swap owners?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Lex wrote:
Ade wrote:In these forums it seems all Arsenal fans think Jack can walk on water and all this bull you'll get used to it lol the hype to me is almost as worse than the hype Rooney gets from Man U fans or Torres gets from Chelsea fans

I don't hype Torres so its all gravy with me Heart
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:30 pm

dnmac4 wrote:I mean he played fullback for us in the champions league final against Ronaldo, Tevez, and Rooney and shut them down. He is a great player.

Laughing Laughing

Can't believe a Barca "fan" could actually get this wrong.... oh wait!

Btw LOL @ Yaya being the best DM in the World. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Wilshere was instrumental to Arsenal's season. Yaya was also great, but City have like 5 players you could replace him with.

We both use 5 man midfields. In your case, City uses 2 DMs while we only use 1. The left over has to be compared, too. Who has more impact, Nasri or De Jong? Laughing

We don't have daddy's pocket money, sorry. You also can't expect to replace a whole team just like that and earn results. That's called you're an idiot.

I remember 1 nasty goalkeeping mistake. Then a weird assed red card, yet against the best team on the planet. Sure, we underachieve but at that point it's irrelevant. We don't have the team. Our midfield may be awesome but we are lacking in other departments.

What Laughing Just calm down and wait, Arsenal will be making more signings. We also have the advantage of great youth prospects.

A true asshole would say "I want out". Listen, anyone can admit Fabregas one day will go. Yet he signed a long term contract without hesitation. He has come out and said he's an Arsenal player for now, and that's that. He can't stick it to Barca, because they are his friends, too. And I mean guys he grew up with.

Nasri's being a money whore right now, no doubt about it. He can be easily replaced, anyways.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Definitely care to swap owners?

Not a chance ours is a mob boss Afro , yours is fat and sells sports stuff :queen:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:33 pm

i have never laughed this hard in my life Laughing Laughing

dnmac, stick to la liga. Your knowledge outside that league is equivalent to a 2 year old
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next