How far will City go in EPL next season?

+24
Nishankly
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
RED
RealGunner
chemicalboy99
Adit
Babun
Raptorgunner
Dnmac4
Sri
the xcx
fatman123
Abramovich
Iceman
Gil
che
M99
iNFINITY9910
Albiceleste
BeautifulGame
Sushi Master
Swanhends
Mr Nick09
28 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

how far?

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 16 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 19 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 24 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]
How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 117

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Empty Re: How far will City go in EPL next season?

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:First of all if you want to compare midfielders why don't you do it for real.

Yaya Toure is better the Wilshire, if you argue this then you have no brain. This is not about potential, Yaya is better in all aspects RIGHT NOW.

De Jong is better then Song, not even close.

Silva is better then Nasri (most overrated player in the world) Really didn't do anything the second half of the season and has the body of a ten year old boy.

And finally Fabregas is better then Johnson/Milner by a very wide margin.

Arsenal fans overrate there players to no end. At the end of the day what has any of there player accomplished internationally or domestically?

Your hate for Arsenal goes real far, Arsenal has the most dominate Midfield in EPL and if you argue that you have no brain. Its a proven fact that Arsenal has the most dominate Midfield.

What do they dominate?? Not Birmingham City. The fold like a cheap suit at the end of every season. They were terrible in when it mattered last year. Not one shot against BArcelona in the knockout game, losing to a relegated team in the Carling cup final, and when the league came down to it, they crumbled in the end and were awful the last ten games of the season, not to mention none of them have won ANYHTING.

Do these things not matter???????

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How far will City go in EPL next season? - Page 3 Empty Re: How far will City go in EPL next season?

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:08 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Silva was pretty much the creative force in Man City's team. He did what most spanish midfielders do and linked midfield and attack beautifully. Most Spanish midfielder's don't put up big number's, but everything runs through them. He helped his team WIN SOMETHING, you know what Nasri CANT DO
Good for him, i remember Nasri actually winning games for us single handedly last season. If you're talking about the FA cup, Arsenal have ten of those already

dnmac4 wrote:The whole ten year old boy comment is because he is weak and prone to injury like most of there players
Alternatively, it could be you were trying to throw out a petty insult and are now trying to justify it with some weak, cliché argument about being prone to injury and what not. Because last time i checked, Silva was hardly a Lou Ferrigno body double either
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Lex wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Silva is better then Nasri (most overrated player in the world) Really didn't do anything the second half of the season
What did Silva do in either the first OR second part of the season?

dnmac4 wrote:has the body of a ten year old boy
Why does that matter? Are you looking to take him out on a date or something?

Silva was pretty much the creative force in Man City's team. He did what most spanish midfielders do and linked midfield and attack beautifully. Most Spanish midfielder's don't put up big number's, but everything runs through them. He helped his team WIN SOMETHING, you know what Nasri CANT DO.

The whole ten year old boy comment is because he is weak and prone to injury like most of there players. It's why they get bossed by a relegated team in the final of the Carling Cup and against most strong teams they play.

Is that even a Argument lol, it was mistake and that can happen to any team. Jack did what not many players or team can do, he stood his ground Vs Barcelona Midfield.

I want to see Man city go against Barcelona lol they will get demolished.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Gil wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Really ridiculous post.Too much butthurt to say the least.
Which parts do you disagree with?

Spurs CB being better than City and Liverpool for starters.
Chelsea midfield being better than Liverpool despite being dominated home and away by us.
Chelsea defense being better than united despite United having the best record in League and 2nd in CL.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:14 pm

177 cm.75 Kg Nasri

172 cm67 Kg Silva

Who has the 10 year olds body now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:16 pm

The fact that he is so diminutive and does so well in "the most physical league in the world" is impressive.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:16 pm

I see he hasn't watched many Arsenal games this season, because Nasri has visibly bulked up.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Yaya Toure has been more influential for City than Silva has
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:19 pm

"Good for him, i remember Nasri actually winning games for us single handedly last season. If you're talking about the FA cup, Arsenal have ten of those already"

How many did your current crop of midfielders contribute to because that is the argument. And he didn't win games when they counted!!!

Who cares if your great players in the past won 10 FA cups, no one is talking about that. By your logic every argument would start and end with Real Madrid because they won 10 Champions league's. It's just desperate arguing really.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Lex wrote:Yaya Toure has been more influential for City than Silva has

I agree, he was one of the best players in Europe last season. Hence he plays in Man City's midfield, thats kind of the whole point I'm making
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Lex wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Silva is better then Nasri (most overrated player in the world) Really didn't do anything the second half of the season
What did Silva do in either the first OR second part of the season?

dnmac4 wrote:has the body of a ten year old boy
Why does that matter? Are you looking to take him out on a date or something?

Silva was pretty much the creative force in Man City's team. He did what most spanish midfielders do and linked midfield and attack beautifully. Most Spanish midfielder's don't put up big number's, but everything runs through them. He helped his team WIN SOMETHING, you know what Nasri CANT DO.

The whole ten year old boy comment is because he is weak and prone to injury like most of there players. It's why they get bossed by a relegated team in the final of the Carling Cup and against most strong teams they play.

Is that even a Argument lol, it was mistake and that can happen to any team. Jack did what not many players or team can do, he stood his ground Vs Barcelona Midfield.

I want to see Man city go against Barcelona lol they will get demolished.

Now your just making stuff up. You have no clue how City would fare against Barca, I can tell you that YAYA would hold his own too though, and he is better then Wilshire
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:24 pm

dnmac4 wrote:How many did your current crop of midfielders contribute to because that is the argument.
Walcott vs Chelsea
Nasri + Fabregas vs City
Ramsey vs United
Arshavin vs Barcelona

That's off the top of my head, i could list more if i sat down and gave it some proper thought

dnmac4 wrote:he didn't win games when they counted!!!
I thought all 38 games in the EPL counted at the end of the season? Silly me, what was i thinking
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:24 pm

You're comparing the wrong players. You should be comparing Yaya to Song and Wilshere to Milner. I'd give Yaya the lead by a bit, but the rest don't stand a chance, sorry.

Fabregas >>>>>>> Silva (your main creative force, as you said)
Wilshere > Milner/Barry (not contest...)
Nasri > De Jong or whatever useless player you cram in there
Yaya > Song

Let's not forget Walcott on the bench, Rosicky, Ramsey, Arshavin, Gervinho... Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:25 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Lex wrote:Yaya Toure has been more influential for City than Silva has

I agree, he was one of the best players in Europe last season. Hence he plays in Man City's midfield, thats kind of the whole point I'm making
Yaya Toure is better than song. That's it, though
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Where was this dynamic City midfield against United last season in the league? Can't remember if it was the home or away game, all i remember is being bored out of my skull because City refused to attack and sat back, waiting to break on the counter

Tedious football at it's very best. Tony Pulis would call that game a donkey, that's how bad it was
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:28 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Spurs CB being better than City and Liverpool for starters.
Carragher is rubbish these days and is a total liability. His inability to carry the ball forward also ruins your teams build up play

Chelsea midfield being better than Liverpool despite being dominated home and away by us.
Go watch the games again. You definitely didn't "dominate" anything in those two fixtures. You were ridiculously clinical in both matches but I'm pretty certain we had the majority of possession in both games.

Chelsea defense being better than united despite United having the best record in League and 2nd in CL.
We had the joint best record in the Premier League along with City (who are a ridiculously defensive side). We only conceded 33 goals, United 37.

As for the Champions League throughout the tournament they had a better record of course but before our game they had only conceded a goal more than us.

Besides I previously explained that collectively Terry, Luiz, Alex and Ivanovic are a better group of CB's than United have.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:32 pm

dnmac4 wrote:First of all if you want to compare midfielders why don't you do it for real.

Yaya Toure is better the Wilshire, if you argue this then you have no brain. This is not about potential, Yaya is better in all aspects RIGHT NOW.

De Jong is better then Song, not even close.

Silva is better then Nasri (most overrated player in the world) Really didn't do anything the second half of the season and has the body of a ten year old boy.

And finally Fabregas is better then Johnson/Milner by a very wide margin.

Arsenal fans overrate there players to no end. At the end of the day what has any of there player accomplished internationally or domestically?

Nasri doesn't even play in midfield for us if our whole squad is fit, so why you're comparing him to Silva is beyond me

Fabregas is a very big margin ahead of Yaya Toure in that CM/AM spot...Funny how you decide to compare Fabregas to freakin Johnson and Milner.
Song is a better midfielder than De Jong. While De Jong is the better DM, Song is miles ahead of him in terms of dribbling, passing, shooting, and overall technical ability. Denying that would just prove your own bias, not mine.

Not to mention...Yaya better than Wilshere in "ALL ASPECTS" ? False. Wilshere is the better dribbler, better passer, with better vision and had a better season as an individual.

Fabregas won Euro 08 and the WC. There's an accomplished international player Cool
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Introducing international accomplishments to a club level debate is a huge idiocy. That part of the argument is flawed.

Most of these guys haven't done shit with their NTs, in any case.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:37 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
What do they dominate?? Not Birmingham City. The fold like a cheap suit at the end of every season. They were terrible in when it mattered last year. Not one shot against BArcelona in the knockout game, losing to a relegated team in the Carling cup final, and when the league came down to it, they crumbled in the end and were awful the last ten games of the season, not to mention none of them have won ANYHTING.

Do these things not matter???????

For one thing, we dominated Manchester City, the team that you think are head and shoulders above us. We smashed them 3-1 in the first game, and they had to play defensive football against us to even muster a draw when they came to the emirates. We hit the post 3 times that day, so to say that luck was on their side is an understatement.

You mention the Barca game, which had the most controversial red card I've seen in my life time. Then again, you seem to forget that we beat them 2-1 in the first leg, that we bossed City 3-1, that we beat Chelsea 3-1 and that we beat United 1-0. The quality of our midfield is unquestionable, otherwise such results would not have taken place.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Sushi Master wrote:You're comparing the wrong players. You should be comparing Yaya to Song and Wilshere to Milner. I'd give Yaya the lead by a bit, but the rest don't stand a chance, sorry.

Yaya > Song

This is actually more accurate than my comparison. Individually, our midfield is better and collectively it is much better than City's. All you need to do is watch the two matches we played against them to be convinced. They were completely dominated. Where was Silva when we were thrashing them 3-1? I know where Nasri was...scored one and assisted the other.

Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:45 pm

dnmac go here http://goalchat.tk/ you can discuss things with me with out this mean arsenal fans.....

Although the possibility of you getting banned there is much higher :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:46 pm

How are we mean? lol

I just saw plenty of ignorant statements so I figured it'd be best to let him know that he's wrong.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Iceman wrote:How are we mean? lol

I just saw plenty of ignorant statements so I figured it'd be best to let him know that he's wrong.

Your pwning him and i wish to get him out of the fire before he gets burnt :coffee:

Oops too late Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:51 pm

By the way, Mole, how pleased are you with Newcastle's transfers so far? I know that missing our on Gervinho probably bugged you a bit, but who do you see Newcastle signing and who do you want to sign?

If you don't mind me rubbing it in, Gervinho is looking like a great player.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Iceman wrote:By the way, Mole, how pleased are you with Newcastle's transfers so far? I know that missing our on Gervinho probably bugged you a bit, but who do you see Newcastle signing and who do you want to sign?

If you don't mind me rubbing it in, Gervinho is looking like a great player.

Tiote and Cabaye did'nt do thier job right Sad

To be frank all i want is a striker with a good off the movement,quick and clinical and an Enrique replacement.

I have trust in our youth player's to come in and do a job if required and with Ben Arfa and Gosling coming back from injury even though Ben Arfa will miss the first 2 games because he got injured again /facepalm.

A striker with the attributes i mentioned and LB will be enough to go into the new season.

As for signings i like Demba Ba what i have seen of him, dont want him to be first choice but he looks good eitherway. Marveaux looks like a very pacy, tricky winger and will be a definite improvement on Gutierrez and Cabaye brings us something we have lacked for god knows how many years.... a playmaker cheers and the kid we bought looks very exciting but i dont know if he will be apart of the first team this year.

I am a bit disappointed we hav'nt spent more money i hear the only reason we missed out on Gamiero was because we did'nt agree to giving him 50k a week Sad and the reason we did'nt or hav'nt bought Barnetta was because Barton is staying and we trust Haris Vuckic to prove himself as the talent everyone know's he has. I hope we play him in the first 2 games instead of Ben Arfa.

So yeah a quality striker and a lb will make this a successful transfer window imo while not spending a penny Laughing

I can write long post's too Very Happy

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Sushi Master wrote:You're comparing the wrong players. You should be comparing Yaya to Song and Wilshere to Milner. I'd give Yaya the lead by a bit, but the rest don't stand a chance, sorry.

Yaya > Song

Yaya is MILES better then Song but rest I agree with although comparing Nasri to De Jong is pretty stooooooooopid.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next