Tomwin Lannister
halamadrid2
Art Morte
Firenze
Onyx
BarcaLearning
13 posters

Go down

Man City lineup for next season 2013-14 Empty Man City lineup for next season 2013-14

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Im trying to keep in touch but still wanna get some opinions and thoughts about the players Man City have bought and likely lineup for next season.

So we got pretty much confirmed Fernandinho, Navas, Negredo, Jovetic, correct? With Tevez leaving and PEllegrini, im not sure what tactic and style exactly will Man City play. Negredo and Dezko seems almost exactly the sam type of player, finisher in the box, while Jovetic and Silva in the 'AM' sort of role. Silva and Navas competes for the same position in the NT, wide right, so if they both start, im sure Navas right and Silva center? Where does that leave Jovetic, Nasri, Yaya, etc? Do we have someone strong on the left side?

I forgot to mention Aguero whom Im still not totally convinced by....his first season and obviously indivdiual ability and goal scoring is proven....but just how he links up and if play 1 striker only, then again the question is the game plan changes drastically with him or the other 2 on the field.

Finally do u guys think we have a strong enough defense? For me the fullbacks are great. But I think Kompany have dropped his level and I never really liked the new CBs. Doesnt look like Man C going to bring in defenders, so thats a big question mark I think.

So what do u think or would like to see the lineup to be?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Man City lineup for next season 2013-14 Empty Re: Man City lineup for next season 2013-14

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:23 pm

Not sure why they signed both Jovetic and Negredo. They're both players who should be starting every game.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Man City lineup for next season 2013-14 Empty Re: Man City lineup for next season 2013-14

Post by Firenze Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Hart
Zabaleta Nastasic Kompany Clichy
Fernandinho Yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:28 pm

To be honest I didn't expect them to spend this much. Both Jovetic and Negredo? Uh. The days of Barry and Milner are over, I suppose.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Firenze wrote:
Hart
Fernandinho Yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero

I think Pellegrini will go with his favourite 4-2-2-2 that made Villarreal so good. I also don't think Navas will be a starter, Pellegrini has never played with an out and out winger before. He will probably be used as a supersub when City need a goal

Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Nastasic-Clichy
Fernandinho/Garcia-Yaya
Silva-Jovetic
Aguero-Negrito
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Negredo is nothing special

Jojo, depends where they play him

Silva hasn't impressed me for a while bar the odd game

Fernandinho wouldn't even be hyped that much without his massive price tag.

Defence is decent.

top 3 finish for City imo.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:02 pm

tomwin wthell? David Silva is a crack player, i wished Juventus had him and u talkin bout he has not impressed u?
Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic, Aguro, Silva, Nasri, Navas, my goodness.....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Lol he was fantastic when he arrived at City

Lately he's not impressed me at all.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:05 pm

They will finish third, even fourth possibly, behind Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Art Morte wrote:To be honest I didn't expect them to spend this much. Both Jovetic and Negredo? Uh. The days of Barry and Milner are over, I suppose.

About time to be fair, they're not the kind of players that can take City to the 'next level' as it were.

Both Squad players at best.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:24 pm

milner was quality at times last season, better than a lot of their "superstars"
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Firenze wrote:milner was quality at times last season, better than a lot of their "superstars"

Last season city were average, considering the talent that they have available.

Alot of that i put down to Mancini.

Pelle will give them the boost they need.

Milner might be able to 'turn it on' at home against Aston Villa, but hardly going to stand out in CL
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Milner was good last season, unfair to put it down to "doing well against Aston Villa at home". But sure I understand that he may be upgraded. I just think that it's a little ridiculous of City to go "we only did fine in the league last season, let's splash out £100m again".
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Unfortunately FFP has more loopholes than you can imagine, so there's an easy way around it.

And even if they fix the loopholes, the damage has been done

PsG and City have spent about £100M each now rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:59 am

I also think Milner is sitll underrated, hes performed very well often, especially in a number of positions and situations... Pellegrini im sure is much better than Mancini who was a joke I thought lol....but still with so many stars, its so hard to keep everyone happy and find the best setup, and if that doesnt work, how to change it during games or during a season...

Along with most others, it looks like Man U will be much weaker especially since they havent been able to strengthen much, Chelsea will be there, but im sure Man C is one of the title favourites, top 3 is a given with this squad.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:22 am

I feel it was pointless to get negredo, I mean why even? Are they planning to sell dzeko or what? But I guess city are back to having 4 strikers. I really have no idea what city's formation could be like, it was so erratic the past two seasons with Mancini, surely pellegrinin will have it more solid
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:02 am

Firenze wrote:
Hart
Fernandinho Yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero

mighty expensive 4th place, CL group stage knockout team :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:08 am

Nastasic is a weak link in that team. Hart as well.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:57 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Firenze wrote:
Hart
Fernandinho Yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero

mighty expensive 4th place, CL group stage knockout team :coffee:

If Mancini was still in charge then yes, but under Pelle they will go to the next level im sure.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:07 pm

If Nastasic is a weak link then Kompany will suffer as well, I just saw Kompany dip so much last season. Maybe its the situation with Pique without Puyol?

Thinking about it, Im not even sur eif Pellegrini is sronger defenive or attack. One thing is for sure though his Real team werent very good defensively, and Mou did improve his Real after he took over...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:56 am

After watching the game vs Arsenal 0-3, Im a bit worried. I know its friendly, but somethings were clear and reasonable, but still cause for concern.

Many of Man C's players had next to zero chemistry, that will take time but cant take too long.

Man C defense was cr4p. I keep saying Kompany's level have dropped off significantly and there has been no signing to strengthen this area.

I hope someone can tell me, what was Pellegrini's Villarreal's defense like? Was it good? Since I only know his Real's defense wasnt elite obviously, but didnt watch Villarreal that much to know.

Arsenal were good and u could tell they was much more assured and familiar with each other with a clear effective gameplan, but still expected MAn C to do better.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:27 am

Dont worry about how good or bad Villarreal's defence was, doesnt have much relevance to City. Different players, different system and different league.

For the record, they did better than you might expect without having great names in defence, but that was alot because the kept the ball so well. They are alright.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:53 am

The Franchise wrote:Dont worry about how good or bad Villarreal's defence was, doesnt have much relevance to City. Different players, different system and different league.

For the record, they did better than you might expect without having great names in defence, but that was alot because the kept the ball so well. They are alright.

Thx Dani, I guess it is, I just want to try and figure how Man C may be under Pellegrini considering the drop in level in defense. A not good form Kompany with Lescott isnt very convincing. I hopes the others or they will fix that when the season starts.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down