Ali
Iceman
64 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 29 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Amar Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Iceman wrote:

Clichy may have had many lapses in concentration, but he was still a solid leftback. His tackling is good, but its his anticipation and reading is what impressed me most in this video.

Gibbs and Traore are decent, but their ability to read the game is very average. I've said it many times, but I'm too worried about that LB slot cause Gibbs and Traore need alot more defensive polishing to reach Clichy's level.

Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Check out this Koscielny video as well. What a solid first season he had.

Can't wait to see him this season.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
The Verminator wrote:Wow coincidentally last night i had a dream about playing for Arsenal! No joke! I was on the pitch but i don't know where i was playing. I look up and see the ref giving RVP a yellow card. Then i hear RVP saying "You are f****** blind ref!" And that's where the dream ended.
Reincarnated as Denilson?
No..... Mad Mad

Laughing Laughing Laughing
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:20 am

Honestly, just check out this guy's videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrRenoog

He has, pretty much, the best season-compilations of our players. He also has a channel on Vimeo which has more videos (Including a very nice Vieira vid) : http://www.vimeo.com/mrrenoogvideos/videos

Edit** All the clips in the video that Nick posted were taken from the videos of this guy (DrRenoog) but, imo, his videos were actually better. He made 3 separate videos for Cesc Fabregas, and it really shows you what a great player he is.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:15 am

More from Member's Day.. Tweets from the owner of Ashburton Groove blog : http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/08/members-day-live.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AshburtonGrove+%28AshburtonGrove.co.uk%29

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:59 am

off topic but !lool
@srigooner & The Verminator..he he hee i guess i know where u'v could been playing in ur dreams !loool..for sure in middle-field BUT with your ba!l! @Albanian-i:LoooL ej shoki jem qysh nuk po e di se ku ke lujt ore....garant ne mesfushe por ama me topat tuaj njeri e jo n'Arsenal..he he heeeeeeee Evil or Very Mad a pa pa paaa,ej sa gola i shenove bile!trololooL .....just kidding Wink ...maybe!

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Ey u might not understand what im saying coz we might have different dialect and i cant spell in albanian properly haha.

ya ya breh, une kam pas chef meh lujt midis fushe si fabregas, pa kam lujt te an mijt neper defense (lol). Si clichy. Ah kuptan cha yam te than breh?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:26 am

:roll:what's that dialect bro !
pa kam lujt te an mijt neper defense
huh!are u really alb man :suspect:LOL,honestly i didn't understood that!!sorry 4 being off topic guys..sincerely.

Well,ON TopiC..lool.. it's Van Persie's b.day..Best wishes to him..He's our BEsT player definitely :king:

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:51 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Sad Sad
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:45 pm

boss wrote: :roll:what's that dialect bro !
pa kam lujt te an mijt neper defense
huh!are u really alb man :suspect:LOL,honestly i didn't understood that!!sorry 4 being off topic guys..sincerely.

Well,ON TopiC..lool.. it's Van Persie's b.day..Best wishes to him..He's our BEsT player definitely :king:
Hold on are you Tosque or Gjeg?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Now u guys can add Club and Country to ur profiles. Just click on edit ur profile and choose the logos
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:45 pm

yeah on that subject RG , why there is an israel flag and no Egyptian flag

Last edited by Spider on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:05 pm

oh crap, knew i was forgetting a country lol. Will be there in 2 mins
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 pm

ok its there
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:14 pm

THaaanxxxxx Bro !!!
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Djourou has a nice smile too, a lot of Arsenal do lol

Arsenal Lobby - Page 29 Djourou_szh_w_h347_m
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:29 pm

New Young Guns prove Arsene Wenger right all along

What a cruel irony we have in English football today. Just at the moment when all the other major clubs have been converted to Arsene Wenger’s long-term policy of buying young players, so the Arsenal fans are jeering their own wonderful array of promising talent.

How dumb is that?

The sound of Gunners supporters booing their team the other day because they only drew a pre-season friendly was profoundly depressing.

Warm-up matches mean nothing, never have and never will.

They are no guide whatsoever to a coming season, and should be ignored with the same disdain reserved for the Twittering nonsense of Joey Barton and the graceless ingratitude of Carlos Tevez.

Any rational assessment of how a club might perform in a new Premier League campaign should not be attempted until at least the end of the transfer window, which is still 24 days away.

Only then will the likely strength of the first-choice XI, and the full squad, be known. Even then, really, it’s only guesswork.

Majority opinion in each of the past three summers has been that Arsenal would fall out of the crucial top four places in the Premier League because of Wenger’s absolute resolve to trust in youth.

It was wrong each time. My guess is that the current negativity swirling round the club will prove just as misplaced.

Why? Well, look at the transfer policy of the other big-name English clubs so far this summer.

Manchester United have bought players aged 19, 20 and 25. Chelsea’s acquisitions so far are aged 19, 19 and 17. Manchester City’s signings are aged 23, 20 and 25 and 24. For Liverpool the ages are 20, 25 and 25. Arsenal’s
two purchases to date are Gervinho, aged 24, and Carl Jenkinson, aged 19.

This is the reality of the Premier League in the summer of 2011 – even the richest clubs buying only young players who will have a potentially lucrative re-sale value.

It is the way Wenger has always worked.

The new reality has its victims. Look at Scott Parker, for instance, now a first-choice player in England’s midfield and the current Footballer of the Year after an admirably brilliant season last year for relegated West Ham United. Parker is aged 30. Despite his undoubted talent and professionalism, nobody wants to spend even a meagre £8million on him in the transfer market – not unless they have to as a last resort.

He will probably get a move to a major club, maybe to Arsenal, but only in a scramble on deadline day, and perhaps even then having to take a wage cut on what he is earning at the Hammers.

Another transfer saga to ponder is that of Wesley Sneijder, the midfield inspiration of Inter Milan’s 2010 triumph in the Champions League and a reported target of Manchester United.

In football terms, the move makes huge sense. Sneijder’s playmaking creativity is the one apparent gap in United’s squad. With him on board they would look strong favourites to retain the Premier League crown. Sneijder, however, is 27 – and that is older than major clubs are comfortable with now, most certainly at the £35m transfer fee demanded by Inter and the equally extravagant wage level expected by the Dutchman.

In contrast, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was swift to spend £16m on teenage defender Phil Jones, and £21m on the 20-year-old Spanish goalkeeper David de Gea.

This season United will rely on De Gea, and the widespread perception around the game is that this is good business.

Arsenal will continue to trust in the obvious talent of Wojciech Szczesny, a year older at 21 – and yet Gunners fans reckon this is an almighty gamble. What Arsenal have to do, it seems to me, is hold their nerve.

The likely loss of Cesc Fabregas should not be mourned with the emergence of Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Alex Song.

The determination to keep Samir Nasri should be steadfast, and Wenger should plug the one big gap in his squad by signing an international class central defender.

The supporters should be just that – supporters.

Jeering the team in pre-season is pathetic, and can only be demoralising to players and the mood of a club that has so much good going for it.

My prediction for the 2011-12 season? Well, I reckon the top four in the Premier League will be exactly the same clubs this time round, but not necessarily in the same order.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal all have magnificent players.

They all have unknown factors to contend with – a new, very young keeper at United, a new, very young manager at Chelsea, a squad of troublesome egos at City, and a mood of foolish desperation off the field at Arsenal.

It should be fun.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/263463/Jim-Holden

-------------------------------------

Something I found via Twitter. It's a perspective from outside the bubble, so to speak. The journalist has taken a step back and has looked at the situation in the Premier League with an objective point of view. I thought he raised some interesting points -thought I don't necessarily agree with all of them - and I think it's worth a read.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:34 pm

RealGunner, can you add Kazakhstan Flag ??? Im probably the only one here but still would be nice to have it....

Good article Jay, I always liked wengers philosophy, also I think he is too stubborn to change with the game, coz inflation is hitting and he still doesn't want to spend on proven players, or maybe its just the stadium and debt of the club. But he should be spending 20-30 mills on top players like M'Villa or Sakho
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:57 am

Former Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein believes Arsene Wenger remains the best choice as Gunners manager.

Arsenal have not won a trophy since 2005 and pressure has been mounting to bring silverware to the Emirates.

Dein, the driving force behind Wenger's appointment in 1996, told Sportsweek on BBC Radio 5 Live: "People have to remember what he's done and achieved.

"It's easy in life to get rid of people but then what? Getting someone better is the trick."

Dein, who left Arsenal in 2007, is still good friends with the Frenchman and is convinced trying to replacing him would be a huge task.

"How do you follow Arsene Wenger?" Dein said. "That is not going to be an easy exercise.

"He has got a talented array of players and obviously he wants to improve and I know for a fact that he is looking to bring in two or three more players if he can."

But even with a few new faces, Dein feels it would be foolish to demand Wenger delivers a trophy this season.

"Any chairman or manager who comes out publicly and says they are going to win a trophy is deluding themselves," Dein said.

"Who know what can happen in football? Mistakes happen, you get injuries, suspensions.

"But Arsene is very focused and determined - I see him regularly and he still has as much fire in his belly as he had when he started. He wants to win. I do believe in his ability.

"Arsenal are expecting success all the time but that's not easy - you cannot turn on a tap and guarantee to win games.

"He will admit he has probably had the most difficult couple of years of his career - for two reasons. One is the fact the game is getting more competitive. There is money coming in and it is more intense.

"Secondly, he had to contend with the fact that he hasn't achieved what he would have hoped to achieve - albeit he has done remarkably well in the quality and style of play, but he and the fans want to win trophies.

"But you underestimate Arsene at your peril."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:29 am

http://twitition.com/v6ifx
Laughing Laughing Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:04 am

Guess who's playing for Gladbach at the moment.

Havard Nordtveit. Anyone remember him?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:07 am

How's he doing?

I remember we all had high hopes for him.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:19 am

I've not really paid close attention to the game, but they're playing Munich at the Allianz Arena and it's 0-0 at half time, so I take it as a sign that he's going okay.

I always thought he was very talented but I don't think he progressed enough to be given a proper first team chance.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am

Check out this picture Cesc just tweeted:

http://yfrog.com/ki44lnpj

Can you name the guy in the middle? Here's a clue: former Arsenal player, now a scout.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:35 am

Danny Karbassiyoon.

Couldn't recognize him at first, but his name being tagged in the photo helped a bit xD
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next