PC Master Race

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:07 pm

@danyjr wrote:As a PC gamer I accept losing money but not this much Laughing 6800XT at release is a good shout for you but it won't give me much performance increase over my current GPU.

Unfortunately I was building my rig at the wrong time. RTX 2000 series was just released and I couldn't make myself build a brand new PC with yesteryear's components (1080 Ti), so I just went with the 2080 Ti, even though I knew very well at the time it was the 'wrong' choice.

Oh well.

Your graphics card didn't become worse. 2080 Ti is still a top card. You've got the first part of my mentality, get the best product at the time of the purchase. The second part is to keep it until the performance isn't satisfactory anymore. 2080 Ti is a top card, don't think you'll need to backtrack the next 2-3years. Whatever you'll get in 2-3 years is going to outperform anything existing right now Very Happy

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 7030
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:01 pm

PC Master Race - Page 7 8LPfrAl
PC Master Race - Page 7 DJpQk9D
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by danyjr Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:03 pm

@Babun wrote:
@danyjr wrote:As a PC gamer I accept losing money but not this much Laughing 6800XT at release is a good shout for you but it won't give me much performance increase over my current GPU.

Unfortunately I was building my rig at the wrong time. RTX 2000 series was just released and I couldn't make myself build a brand new PC with yesteryear's components (1080 Ti), so I just went with the 2080 Ti, even though I knew very well at the time it was the 'wrong' choice.

Oh well.

Your graphics card didn't become worse. 2080 Ti is still a top card. You've got the first part of my mentality, get the best product at the time of the purchase. The second part is to keep it until the performance isn't satisfactory anymore. 2080 Ti is a top card, don't think you'll need to backtrack the next 2-3years. Whatever you'll get in 2-3 years is going to outperform anything existing right now Very Happy
Yeah, I suppose in 2-3 years I will look into upgrading but just the GPU. I don't think my CPU will bottleneck this generation. Hell, I was still playing games on my i7 920 a couple of years ago! Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 7582
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:59 am

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-allegedly-postpones-the-launch-of-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-to-december-2nd

RTX 3060Ti canceled before release.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7030
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:17 pm

No 6800 XT for me, all went in like a minute. Oh well. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:54 pm

@Harmonica wrote:No 6800 XT for me, all went in like a minute. Oh well. rofl

Tried to get one for the time being, were gone within seconds Very Happy
1000s of AIB cards are on the way though (confirmed). My aim is stil RX 6900XT.
RX 6800 is the best card in terms of power consumption and performance per buck
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7030
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:59 am

AIB's seem to be too expensive, like 200-300 more than reference though. I wonder if that was both Nvidia's and AMD's scheme. Sell few references to fulfill their release price, then milk with AIB's.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:45 pm

@Harmonica wrote:AIB's seem to be too expensive, like 200-300 more than reference though. I wonder if that was both Nvidia's and AMD's scheme. Sell few references to fulfill their release price, then milk with AIB's.

TSMC can produce a lot of chips fast. You just ought to have some patience. AMD isn't Nvidia, the delievery mainly happens through the partners, their cards will arrive in loads in november, 25th.
Models to watch out would be RX 6800XT Red Devil and Sapphire Nitro+. For them, I'd pay even 100€ more if I were you because they usually have the best cooling solutions for their generations where even the after market ones cannot keep up. Also if you look at the reviews around the net, the new AMD cards are super strong in Vulkan and DX12 API. Those are the future because the consoles use them, too. The cards will age very well, not sure about RTX 3080 with its 10GB VRAM.
I'll get an RX 6900 Toxic from Sapphire whenever available.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7030
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Seems that I've to wait next gen to next year. AIB's are either too expensive, or there isn't any stock.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:08 pm

@Harmonica wrote:Seems that I've to wait next gen to next year. AIB's are either too expensive, or there isn't any stock.

I might also wait until february. The availability sucks big time.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7030
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:21 pm

Oh wow, Nvidia has started boycotting influencers who don't over praise RT. For true gamers this is bad, no this is actually worse.



That's something to think about, my values for Nvidia definintely got downgraded. And not only that but game that is doing most of Nvidia's dirty work currently, Cyperbug 2077, CP GPU models, no AMD RT support, purposefully bad TAA to make snakeoil DLSS work... I might not ever be buying that because of shady things that are being proposed. Shocked
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:06 pm

Seems like Nvidia is feeling the heat from AMD's improvement.

Do you guys think Ray Tracing is ever going to be a significant thing in gaming? It seems like a lot of demand on the hardware for rather minimal graphical benefit.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 17903
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:30 pm

@Art Morte wrote:Seems like Nvidia is feeling the heat from AMD's improvement.

Do you guys think Ray Tracing is ever going to be a significant thing in gaming? It seems like a lot of demand on the hardware for rather minimal graphical benefit.

The performance penalty is too much as of now. For the future, yes, the way to go. RT is the only way to implement light effects in a correct way. With the improvement, development time of games can be cut by 33%.
For now, the feature is more of a gimmick.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7030
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:55 pm

NVIDIA is turning into Apple basically.
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 19623
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:20 am

Didn't take long Nvidia to redact their statement and apologize, there's still hope. But omg what a pr disaster.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:28 am

@Harmonica wrote:Didn't take long Nvidia to redact their statement and apologize, there's still hope. But omg what a pr disaster.

In 2018, they tried to make reviewers talk only about the positive sides of their RTX 2000 lineup with their NDA. Heise group, the biggest tech print and online media in Europe with CT' Computertechnik Magazin, refused to sign the NDA and published a warning to all of the customers not to buy an RTX card as a "cat in the sack" and talked about the NDA conditions. They refused the FE offered by Nvidia later on to be reviewed, instead they got their own sample form the free market, reviewed the shit out of it then sold the card as used (they even made a pic of the bill to show they got one by themselves).
Needless to say, the review was devastating. Short summary: overpriced beyond the bounds, RTX just a gummick as of now, increase in rasterizing just by 30% and 4K performance unsatisfactory. Price/Performance category was bad. The verdict was, they didn't recommend those cards, specially the RTX 2080 due to the builtin planned obsolescence with just 8GB VRAM.
Nvidia's RTX sales really plummeted afterwards because most of the other tester sites who didn't get a FE sample refered to the Heise test. Even today, if you ask any German nerd, he'll tell you RTX 2000 Series was an overpriced piece of crap generation they didn't buy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%27t
@sportsczy wrote:NVIDIA is turning into Apple basically.

Apple does the walking, too, and their products are usually available after launch.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7030
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:36 am

@Babun wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:Didn't take long Nvidia to redact their statement and apologize, there's still hope. But omg what a pr disaster.

In 2018, they tried to make reviewers talk only about the positive sides of their RTX 2000 lineup with their NDA. Heise group, the biggest tech print and online media in Europe with CT' Computertechnik Magazin, refused to sign the NDA and published a warning to all of the customers not to buy an RTX card as a "cat in the sack" and talked about the NDA conditions. They refused the FE offered by Nvidia later on to be reviewed, instead they got their own sample form the free market, reviewed the shit out of it then sold the card as used (they even made a pic of the bill to show they got one by themselves).
Needless to say, the review was devastating. Short summary: overpriced beyond the bounds, RTX just a gummick as of now, increase in rasterizing just by 30% and 4K performance unsatisfactory. Price/Performance category was bad. The verdict was, they didn't recommend those cards, specially the RTX 2080 due to the builtin planned obsolescence with just 8GB VRAM.
Nvidia's RTX sales really plummeted afterwards because most of the other tester sites who didn't get a FE sample refered to the Heise test. Even today, if you ask any German nerd, he'll tell you RTX 2000 Series was an overpriced piece of crap generation they didn't buy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%27t
@sportsczy wrote:NVIDIA is turning into Apple basically.

Apple does the walking, too, and their products are usually available after launch.
Yeah I remember that NDA, but didn't realize it blew that big too.

Nvidia has always been one of the shadiest companies. Here's evergreen classic from Linus Torvalds in 2012 for Nvidia.  Smile

https://youtubensfw.com/watch?v=iYWzMvlj2RQ
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:55 pm

Is this a good deal?

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/amd-ryzen-7-5800x-eight-core-4.7ghz-msi-b550m-mortar-motherboard-cpu-bundle.html
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88058
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:37 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Is this a good deal?

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/amd-ryzen-7-5800x-eight-core-4.7ghz-msi-b550m-mortar-motherboard-cpu-bundle.html
It's a good deal if you compare to the current pricing of CPU's. But they're currently sold for premium because AMD can't deliver enough of them. Also do you need the second fastest CPU in the market? In current environment I would buy 3600 being 250€ cheaper than 5800x, and change it if 6/12 cores becomes bottleneck, and when prices become more reasonable.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:56 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Is this a good deal?

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/amd-ryzen-7-5800x-eight-core-4.7ghz-msi-b550m-mortar-motherboard-cpu-bundle.html

For PC gaming video card is the most important component or the one you're going to change the most. With processors, get the fastest option at the moment and don't upgrade at all until you have to change the whole platform (CPU+motherboard+ram). They're not worth upgrading here and there. That said, the combo is rather good, I wouldn't buy RAM from therm though. Usually, they give you crap RAM to go with for a huge price increase.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7030
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:39 am

Lmao at the GPU-market. My 5700XT is suddenly more expensive than it was in release. Seems that everything have just halted. Thought making consoles more pc-like would improve things for master race, but this supply problem is even worse. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Dead as a dodo.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:29 pm

@Harmonica wrote:Lmao at the GPU-market. My 5700XT is suddenly more expensive than it was in release. Seems that everything have just halted. Thought making consoles more pc-like would improve things for master race, but this supply problem is even worse. Laughing

Sell your 5700XT for a super inflated price, buy a book and a jumping rope. Train your body and mind, wait for the prices to go down again and buy a super duper video card = profit eco smile
Being sane during crazy times and exercising selfrestraint/patience are keys to a serene mind.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7030
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:32 pm

I am sure it's because of all the mining isn't it?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88058
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Harmonica Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:51 pm

@RealGunner wrote:I am sure it's because of all the mining isn't it?
Yeah mostly, but also because of the same stuff is covering both PC and console market now, and because of Covid there also more demand.

Did you get your new PC already?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:02 pm

Nope. Was waiting for the price to drop but i guess i am going to wait even longer now
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88058
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PC Master Race - Page 7 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum