Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Beppe the Masters master Empty Re: Beppe the Masters master

Post by juvealbanian Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Stupendously overpriced sale
:bow: x 100
I had my doubts about his skills especialy the sales weren't going good but with Matri Marrotta proved he's worthy for Juve.

Matri - 12M
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Stupendously overpriced sale

Matri - 12M
:bow: x 100
I had my doubts about his skills especialy the sales weren't going good but with Matri Marrotta proved he's worthy for Juve.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Marotta's first year in charge of Juve (2010-2011) after being given a transfer kitty of over $50 million and hiring his buddy Luigi Del Neri as coach and bringing in 14 new players:

1.  Milan      82
2.  Inter      76
3.  Napoli     70
4.  Udiniese  70
5.  Lazio      66
6.  Roma      63
7.  Juventus 58

Conte's first year as coach (2011-2012, the very next year) after Marotta fires his buddy Luigi Del Neri:

1.  Juventus  84 (23W 15D 0L - first undefeated season for Juventus EVER)

Coincidence or not????????????

You decide...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:04 am

juve_gigi wrote:Marotta's first year in charge of Juve (2010-2011) after being given a transfer kitty of over $50 million and hiring his buddy Luigi Del Neri as coach and bringing in 14 new players:

1.  Milan      82
2.  Inter      76
3.  Napoli     70
4.  Udiniese  70
5.  Lazio      66
6.  Roma      63
7.  Juventus 58

Conte's first year as coach (2011-2012, the very next year) after Marotta fires his buddy Luigi Del Neri:

You decide...
so if no marotta transfers we would be fail no ? Conte wanted Elia and he failed for example.. pay respect where needed and plus you wanted AVB not Conte just to remind you, we make mistakes
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:24 am

Marotta couldn't attract big names when we were in a ditch.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:42 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Marotta couldn't attract big names when we were in a ditch.
Conte took over a 7th place team that was a total mess so we were still in a ditch. So that argument kinda is a fail since Conte was starting from scratch. Was there a difference between Marotta's first year with Del Neri versus his second year with Conte in terms of attracting new players?
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:53 am

And Marotta still never attracted the big money players, he simply took advantage of the bargains that were out there.

Pirlo was free and needless to say that sort of insanity doesn't happen every year, Vidal was going on the cheap because Leverkusen didn't want him to go to Bayern, and we went from there.

So nope, Marotta simply took advantage of deals that weren't previously out there.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:56 am

DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Marotta's first year in charge of Juve (2010-2011) after being given a transfer kitty of over $50 million and hiring his buddy Luigi Del Neri as coach and bringing in 14 new players:

1.  Milan      82
2.  Inter      76
3.  Napoli     70
4.  Udiniese  70
5.  Lazio      66
6.  Roma      63
7.  Juventus 58

You decide...
so if no marotta transfers we would be fail no ? Conte wanted Elia and he failed for example.. pay respect where needed and plus you wanted AVB not Conte just to remind you, we make mistakes
Haha, I knew you'd be the first one to bring up the fact that I wanted AVB over Conte. And I already admitted I was wrong on that, but thanks for bringing it up anyways!!

Yes Conte wanted Elia but he realized he was useless so he never played him and we won the scudetto anyways. So it really doesn't matter.

I already paid my respect to Marotta in my other thread so I'm not bashing him at all. I'm simply stating that Conte is the one more responsible for our success with the help of course of Marotta and Paratici.

What I don't see on this board is anybody showing respect to Conte. All I hear is he is an idiot for not playing Llorente, his formations and tactics suck, and he doesn't know how to use his bench. I haven't read one single post other than my own that actually praise Conte. That's the issue I have.

Conte should be respected just as much as Marotta, they have both done a great job these last 2 years. But I believe Conte is more responsible for our success and I've already stated the reasons why. You can make an argument for Marotta as well so I don't have a problem with differing opinions. I just don't get all the anti-Conte sentiment on this board. It is rather disturbing considering how much he has done for this club these last 2 years.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:59 am

Marotta :hail:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:02 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:And Marotta still never attracted the big money players, he simply took advantage of the bargains that were out there.

Pirlo was free and needless to say that sort of insanity doesn't happen every year, Vidal was going on the cheap because Leverkusen didn't want him to go to Bayern, and we went from there.

So nope, Marotta simply took advantage of deals that weren't previously out there.
So acquiring Pirlo and Vidal on the cheap was the difference between finishing in 7th place under Del Neri in 2010 and going undefeated under Conte and winning the scudetto the following year in 2011??
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 am

Pirlo and Vidal were perhaps the two biggest influences in our team that season.

And both came in for a combined 10.5Million. So yeah, Marotta takes as much praise as Conte does for me.

Conte had Marotta chasing down wingers then changed his mind so we can't exactly ignore that can we?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:10 am

The real winner here is Pepe
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:21 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Pirlo and Vidal were perhaps the two biggest influences in our team that season.

And both came in for a combined 10.5Million. So yeah, Marotta takes as much praise as Conte does for me.

Conte had Marotta chasing down wingers then changed his mind so we can't exactly ignore that can we?
No that's true. The whole winger thing was kinda screwed up. But Conte changed formations and tactics to fit his players and it worked. Undefeated season was the result.

Both Conte and Marotta deserve credit for our success that year. I just feel this is more Conte's team based on how he has molded the players to fit his system.

Marotta spent $50 million in 2010 and acquired 14 players. And he hired Del Neri. We all know how that panned out so those 14 players didn't really do much for us did they?  Under Conte he purchased 8 new players including Pirlo, Vidal and Lichtsteiner. Good moves by Marotta but he had to make up for his big fail of a year in 2010 when most of his purchases failed us.

Marotta certainly regrouped in 2011 and made some fine purchases for relatively cheap prices. Same for 2012 and now 2013. But the biggest difference between that failed year in 2010 and today's team in my opinion is Conte. But like I said you can make a valid counter argument against that. So no worries.

We can agree to disagree my friend.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 am

Don't worry I give Conte huge credit for installing the winning mentality in the team and setting our defence up for phenomenal results

I critisized Beppe a lot in the past, and rightly so. Just like when Conte makes mistakes (I.E lack of rotation) I criticize him. Obviously he knows more about football managment than the lot of us combined but of course if he has an idea in his head he'll be much less reluctant to change it than we will, hence sometimes he comes across as stubborn

But on the whole, since Contes arrival, both Beppe and Conte deserve equal praise in my books.

The thing about a manager is, there is over 40 games he oversees. So there's a much larger window in which he'll fall under scrutiny compared to a Sporting Director who outside of the Summer window and Occasionally the Winter window, can't really be blamed for much as their effect on results is completely neutral.

Don't get me wrong, Conte has been great and he has my support. But like everybody he has his flaws. And trying too hard to force something without seeing the ineffective side of it is his flaw.

Yeah brah it's cool to disagree on this.

I understand why somebody would give Conte more credit and vice versa.

I personally give it a 50/50 split.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:59 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Don't worry I give Conte huge credit for installing the winning mentality in the team and setting our defence up for phenomenal results

I critisized Beppe a lot in the past, and rightly so. Just like when Conte makes mistakes (I.E lack of rotation) I criticize him. Obviously he knows more about football managment than the lot of us combined but of course if he has an idea in his head he'll be much less reluctant to change it than we will, hence sometimes he comes across as stubborn

But on the whole, since Contes arrival, both Beppe and Conte deserve equal praise in my books.

The thing about a manager is, there is over 40 games he oversees. So there's a much larger window in which he'll fall under scrutiny compared to a Sporting Director who outside of the Summer window and Occasionally the Winter window, can't really be blamed for much as their effect on results is completely neutral.

Don't get me wrong, Conte has been great and he has my support. But like everybody he has his flaws. And trying too hard to force something without seeing the ineffective side of it is his flaw.

Yeah Conte has his flaws no doubt. Stubborn Italian he is. Just like my dad used to be.

I'd give it 70% Conte and 30% Marotta, give or take a few percentage points. At the end of the day success is all that matters. We are lucky to be debating who deserves the most credit for our success. What a difference from a few years ago when we were debating how we were ever gonna qualify for Champions League.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:30 am

Yeah agreed Laughing

These are rich mans problems ffs Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:31 am

I think Pepe and Baraja deserve more praise than Conte and Marotta tbh
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:57 am

juve_gigi wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Don't worry I give Conte huge credit for installing the winning mentality in the team and setting our defence up for phenomenal results

Yeah Conte has his flaws no doubt. Stubborn Italian he is. Just like my dad used to be.

I'd give it 70% Conte and 30% Marotta, give or take a few percentage points. At the end of the day success is all that matters. We are lucky to be debating who deserves the most credit for our success. What a difference from a few years ago when we were debating how we were ever gonna qualify for Champions League.
You can't really compare their roles. Together they are 100% of juventus' success. One simply wouldn't happen with the other. Nothing else needs to be said really. I'm surprised this topic generated quite as much discussion. Both deserve praise for their work, criticism for their shortcomings and patience for their final product. Each season we are seeing progression and that is quite something to witness

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:02 am

Luca wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:

You can't really compare their roles. Together they are 100% of juventus' success. One simply wouldn't happen with the other. Nothing else needs to be said really. I'm surprised this topic generated quite as much discussion. Both deserve praise for their work, criticism for their shortcomings and patience for their final product. Each season we are seeing progression and that is quite something to witness
Agreed. At the end of the day you need both a great technical director and a great coach in order to succeed the way Juve has the last 2 years. Let's hope Marotta can keep buying quality players on the cheap and let's hope Conte can keep coaching these players into becoming world class talent.

Tevez, Vidal and Pogba were world class today. If they keep it up then we can definitely make some noise in Europe. The wild card is the Lion King. I'm not high on Vucinic taking us to the promised land in Europe. If we can get the Lion King playing beautiful music together with Tevez, then I believe we really do have a chance at the CL title.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 am

El Shaarawy wrote:The real winner here is Pepe
Seems like no one noticed you haha

@gigi you know I meant no harm
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:33 am

Conte and Marrotta both have their part in our success.Also they have strong and weak points.

MARROTTA

I had many doubts for Marrotta.In the first season he bought many cheap players,that's the reason why many of them failed or didn't fulfilled our expectations.Fans (me included) wanted few but quality players.Now im sure Marrotta was right,we had to build a whole new team and the previous team had many ''holes'' created when legends like Trezeguet,Nedved etc. left Juve.He had limited budget and he did very well.At that time quanity was more important than quality.I still had doubts bcuz as a fan i was dissapointed to see many of the new players were not half of the legendary players i used to watch few years ago.We wanted our team on top levels again but that requires time.This transfer season completely changed my mind about Marrotta.He again bought cheap but quality players.Ogbonna,Tevez and Llorente are a great improvement to our team.We had problems in our attack and Marrotta changed that for only 10M!That's impressive!
Tevez is showing that he has the skill we need in attack and i believe Llorente will do great in Serie A.
Of course he can do better,we all know that we need 2-3 world class players to be CHL favourites but our budget still is not at Bayern or Real level.He knows how to buy quality for cheap,that's Marrotta's strong point.But he doesn't risk with high price players.

CONTE

In my opinion he's the reason why many of players Marrotta bought improved.Marchisio,Vidal,Bonucci,Barzagli are now world class because Conte works hard with players.Im sure he will do the same with Ogbonna and Pogba.Sometimes think we win games only bcuz he has the leadership and mentality to push the players to their limits.He wants hardworking players who give their hart on the field.Stubbornes is a weak point.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

No worries bro. Just don't bring up that AVB stuff again, okay?? Haha...

Smile Smile

juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:13 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

No worries bro.  Just don't bring up that AVB stuff again, okay??  Haha...

Smile  Smile

And i thought that Vargas is Box to box left back Very Happy ( let's see if you get the trick)
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next