sportsczy
Babun
13 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

PC Master Race - Page 2 Empty Re: PC Master Race

Post by Babun Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:10 am

Harmonica wrote:
Babun wrote:Wow, you invested more time there than me in Diablo 2 Very Happy I won a PVP Championships organized indiablo.de with my Bonemancer DU_Arschgesicht (Assface) and my old Frozen Orb Sorceress DU_Cassandra.
I'm thinking of getting the Starcraft 2 trilogy, it's cheap right now. Is it worth it to get all three or should I get parts only?
I've almost a year break now from BG, might return to it once they release the final 2.6 update and the game is finished, finally. Interestingly I've never played Diablo, probably because I have never enjoyed fast paced action oriented games.

https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-market-share-gain-q1-2020/

"AMD has "more than 50% share" of high-end CPU sales globally"

Damn, what a turn around. I remember talking about buying AMD stock in 2016 before they released the first Zen processors. It was 1,75 back then, and now 54,55. Mad

I've got AMD, Nvidia an Intel shares. Intel always dropped dividends, the most consistent of the bunch. The most I got was with the Nvidia shares, most people sold the shares after the end of the mining boom, I kept mine and bought some more. They took a hit but not significant enough. I don't have much AMD shares compared to the other two but they were acquired before "make AMD great again" so yeah, fat profit Very Happy

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:55 pm

Nvidia is going to use Samsung 8-nm-LPP for their Ampere lineup. 8-nm-LPP is the refined version of Samsung 10-nm, its sweet spot is at 1.8-1.9 GHz. Above the clock it power consumption skyrockets. Analysts expect 300-350W TDP video cards this gen. For comparison, the fastest card, RTX Titan consumes 225W.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:49 pm

Babun wrote:Nvidia is going to use  Samsung 8-nm-LPP for their Ampere lineup.  8-nm-LPP is the refined version of Samsung 10-nm, its sweet spot is at 1.8-1.9 GHz. Above the clock it power consumption skyrockets. Analysts expect 300-350W TDP video cards this gen. For comparison, the fastest card, RTX Titan consumes 225W.
I've 550W Truepower, which is decade old and I expect to upgrade that to 750W for next gen. I've gut feeling AMD will beat Nvidia though next gen, as they've finally got rid of their stupid integrated (scientific and gaming) design.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Babun wrote:Nvidia is going to use  Samsung 8-nm-LPP for their Ampere lineup.  8-nm-LPP is the refined version of Samsung 10-nm, its sweet spot is at 1.8-1.9 GHz. Above the clock it power consumption skyrockets. Analysts expect 300-350W TDP video cards this gen. For comparison, the fastest card, RTX Titan consumes 225W.
I've 550W Truepower, which is decade old and I expect to upgrade that to 750W for next gen. I've gut feeling AMD will beat Nvidia though next gen, as they've finally got rid of their stupid integrated (scientific and gaming) design.

Nah, I think Nvidia will beat AMD again but the margin will be very little and at a very high price of costs per unit and energy consumption. 1000€+ with just 10 or 12GB VRAM. I'm curius how much VRAM we'll get this gen. I love down sampling, super sampling and virtual superresolutions. The image is so crisp afterwards.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:34 pm

Babun wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Nah, I think Nvidia will beat AMD again but the margin will be very little and at a very high price of costs per unit and energy consumption. 1000€+ with just 10 or 12GB VRAM. I'm curius how much VRAM we'll get this gen. I love down sampling, super sampling and virtual superresolutions. The image is so crisp afterwards.
I've seen rumors from 14GB to 24GB VRAM highend. I think beyond raw performance a lot of battle is done also in software, RTX performance will be big one if it's going to be viable.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:03 am

Harmonica wrote:
Babun wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

I've seen rumors from 14GB to 24GB VRAM highend. I think beyond raw performance a lot of battle is done also in software, RTX performance will be big one if it's going to be viable.

24GB GDDR6 is for the new "Titan", RTX 3080, the successor of the current RTX 2080. is supposed to get 10GB and RTX 3090 (2080 Ti) 12GB VRAM Laughing
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Horizon Zero Dawn coming to steam on August 7.

Ultra Wide Support
Unlocked framerate (60+ FPS)
Dynamic foliage
Improved reflections
Benchmarking
FOV option in graphical settings

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Pedram wrote:Horizon Zero Dawn coming to steam on August 7.

Ultra Wide Support
Unlocked framerate (60+ FPS)
Dynamic foliage
Improved reflections
Benchmarking
FOV option in graphical settings

Finally, I've been waiting for this one for ages. This and Cyberpunk might save 2020 gaming for me cheers
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:19 pm

https://www.techpowerup.com/269511/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-and-rtx-3070-ti-rumored-specifications-appear

Geforce RTX 3070 (Ti) is supposed to be roughly 15% faster than RTX 2080 super with 8Gb GDDR6X for 500$ as the cheapest model Laughing
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:06 pm

12 pin power connections for GPUs Shocked

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/nvidia-ampere-12pin-power-connector/
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:55 pm

danyjr wrote:12 pin power connections for GPUs Shocked

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/nvidia-ampere-12pin-power-connector/

Laughing

Torchlight 2 is free @Epyc gamestore right now. It's a very good Diablo 2 like game.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:12 pm

Just counted and I've picked up 125 free games on their store and still haven't spent a penny Laughing

And not intending to spend a penny either.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:58 am

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:26 pm

Pedram wrote:

Man of culture :coffee: I like him no homo, he should play through The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to impersonate Geralt even better Very Happy
danyjr wrote:Just counted and I've picked up 125 free games on their store and still haven't spent a penny Laughing

And not intending to spend a penny either.

Some games are too nice to wait. I picked up Monster Boy in Cursed Kingdom and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. They are outstanding games which are fun besides the usual AAA choice.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Intel 7nm delayed yet again 6 months, to 22-23. Shares taking 17% dive today, as AMD is 12% up for record high 66,56$ per share. What a time to be alive.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:45 pm

Harmonica wrote:Intel 7nm delayed yet again 6 months, to 22-23. Shares taking 17% dive today, as AMD is 12% up for record high 66,56$ per share. What a time to be alive.

Intel's 7nm equals to TSMC's 5nm EUV when it comes to real transistor density and not just marketing names. Still, they're f*****. I hope AMD gets at least 30-40% share of everything before intel strikes back again.
Apropos, BigNavi is supposed to be faster than RTX 2080 Ti :coffee:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Babun wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Intel 7nm delayed yet again 6 months, to 22-23. Shares taking 17% dive today, as AMD is 12% up for record high 66,56$ per share. What a time to be alive.

Intel's 7nm equals to TSMC's 5nm EUV when it comes to real transistor density and not just marketing names. Still, they're f*****. I hope AMD gets at least 30-40% share of everything before intel strikes back again.
Apropos, BigNavi is supposed to be faster than RTX 2080 Ti :coffee:
Yeah, and TSMC will beat Intel's 7nm to the market because of this. It's supposed to come next year, together with Zen 4 and DDR5.

Big Navi is supposed to be at least 30% faster than 2080Ti. There was some benchmarks of unknown AMD GPU that was 30% faster than fastest 2080Ti, a while back. It wouldn't surprise me, if Nvidia and AMD went head to head nextgen high end.

AMD's words are, Big Navi will disrupt 4k gaming the same way Zen disrupted CPU market.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:02 pm

How good is AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:58 am

RealGunner wrote:How good is AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor?

For which use case? Gaming, office, simulations?
For gaming and office more than enough unless you have a 144Hz monitor. Also consoles will have the same config 8/16 (8 cores and 16 threads) so the cpu is future proof enough for gaming. Also, if you get one get the version with AMD's wraith cooler which is better than most after market ones.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:How good is AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor?

Are you becoming a master race convertee? hmm
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:35 pm

My PC is 10 years old and is on its last legs. Building a new one but i want it to last another 10 years.

My main priorities are 4k streaming rather than gaming tbh.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:16 pm

@RG
You're looking for a mainboard with at least 5 GBIT, better 10 GBIT LAN connection and lots of RAM for seamless buffering (16GB is good, 32GB more than enough, speed doesn't matter much, the amount is more important).
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Well this is disappointing.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:39 pm

Babun wrote:@RG
You're looking for a mainboard with at least 5 GBIT, better 10 GBIT LAN connection and lots of RAM for seamless buffering (16GB is good, 32GB more than enough, speed doesn't matter much, the amount is more important).

10Gbit LAN is very expensive as of now, 2.5Gbit is affordable. The point is if you want to keep the PC 10 years long the internet speed will at least double. Better be safe than sorry.
Pedram wrote:

Well this is disappointing.

Disappointing news, last time, I was disappointed this much was with the port of Resident Evil 4 to PC by Capcom. Stuttering is an absolute nogo.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:12 pm

The empire strikes back:
PC Master Race - Page 2 Captur10
Nvidia is going to counter AMD's Big Navi 16GB VRAM with 20 and 24GB.
https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidia-ampere-graphics-cards-partial-specs-and-tentative-launch-schedule/
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:14 pm

Sounds good. I'll rather buy AMD product to support competition and because I've Freesync monitor, but if there's a justified reason to buy Nvidia, I wont hesitate.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next