Zagadka
Pedram
Myesyats
iftikhar
Robespierre
39 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by elitedam Sat May 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Hope you get better soon, RG.

elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 23, 2020 5:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Anyways. Some news.

I just got tested positive today. Had my test yesterday and result came in now.

I went for the test because i have been really ill over the past few days. Not been this ill in years.

I mean i will recover and everything but it still feels a bit shit.

Worst time ever since it's Eid in a day or two lol.

Also what were your symptoms?

I'll try and put a timeline.

17th May: A lump like sharp pain in throat. It wasn't exactly sore throat as you would feel the difference. There wasn't mucus in my throat to make it itchy but it was an annoying sharp pain. Like something stabbing. This went for few days but no other symptoms. It wasn't major though so i wasn't too bothered.

18th May: throat pain got a bit worse. Fatigue came in. I didn't develop any cough though. None at all actually. My breathing remained fine. Just throat was awful and started getting headaches and felt more depressed than usual. Didn't lose sense of smell either.

19th May: Body felt warmer than usual. More headaches developed. Kept waking up at night due to weird nightmares. Night sweats too. Like a trigger warning. Depressing thoughts. Throat remained the same.

20th-21st May: woke up with a 102f/39c temperature. Got up from bed and nearly passed out. Shivers all over. Banging headaches. Constant feeling of passing out. Weakness. Kept taking paracetamol but temperature wouldn't go below 37c.

22nd May - Today: temperature finally goes down but headache and body weakness remains. Still. Throat still hurts a lot but a bit less. Shortness of breath now clearly present. Lost my sense of smell due to stuffy nose. Lost my sense of taste too

But i still don't have any cough Laughing I am not sure if it will follow or not.

Damn. Wishing you all the very best, a speedy recovery, and much love
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat May 23, 2020 5:37 pm

@RG
Get well soon! If you're lucky there won't be any coughing or other complications. Just have someone check up on you periodically in case you're not able to ask for help if shit does hit the fan. A call every 3-4 hours is sufficient.
RealGunner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:7 days! Wat!!!! I really feel like our experts make shit up. They all say different things.

basically got this

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 26 CAzJ6om

What kind of BS is that? I'd understand 7 days after the sickness is over but 7 days after the sickness has started?
They smoke some weid shit up there.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat May 23, 2020 8:37 pm

I hope you will only get better from now on RG

Some lad i know caught the covid and his symptoms followed the same path as yours. Without underlying health issues. During 3 days he was in his bed, didn't even have the energy to open his Xbox, but he quickly got better after that.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Thank you everyone. Really appreciate all your messages. Normally I don't like posting these things (not because it's personal since GL is personal anyways but because i don't want people to worry) but i thought i'd say it since who knows how deadly this is and if i disappear randomly at least you can deduce.

I always thought i would barely get any symptoms if/when i catch corona. I am quite a fit guy (healthy diet, gym, walk etc) but man corona takes no prisoners. It made me feel like i am 50 with a history of alcohol and drug abuse.

I sense no improvement today either. More or less the same as yesterday
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat May 23, 2020 8:55 pm

Too strong reaction by your immune system, perhaps ? Instead of covid attacking a health weakness, since you had none
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 24, 2020 5:57 am

You'll get well RG. You have survived worse days with senderos.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 24, 2020 3:22 pm

For some reason, it looks like Spain are allowing incoming travel, starting in july. Seems a bit early to me, considering how Covid has affected the country. It won’t matter for me, since long-distance travel to all of the countries that I would normally prioritize visiting, has become prohibited here, until august.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 24, 2020 4:14 pm

Their economy runs on tourism so not surprised.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Not entirely true, at all.

The tourism sector is huge of course but a lot of it comes from Manufacturing, agriculture and cultivation, energy along with Exports and Imports of course.

The economy is bad because of the housing bubble and unsustainable property led growth.

Virus has hit the mainland hard though no doubt.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 24, 2020 11:28 pm

I'm hearing its nearly impossible to book anything for the summer down south in the mountains and by the sea. All the Polish tourists who usually went to Italy/Greece/Spain for the summer are staying home this time. Tourism is a very insignificant part of our economy so this is actually good for us.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 25, 2020 8:37 am

Eid Mubarak to all GL members.

Get well soon @RealGunner.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon May 25, 2020 6:33 pm

RG Sad

Get well soon.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 25, 2020 6:36 pm

Thanks man.

I never thought the worst and the most annoying symptoms will be the loss of smell and taste. I can eat a pizza and it would taste of NOTHING. I can't smell anything at all.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon May 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Imagine a virus that makes people blind. Not sure whether or not this is even possible, but just the thought of it is terryfing.

Was playing Pandemic 2 that's why i think of that. It's a different perspective to play this game once you actually lived a lockdown Neutral i imagine the medias reaction, panic in population, or Trump saying my highly infectious parasite is a hoax then he is responsible for 300 million victims
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Warrior wrote:Imagine a virus that makes people blind. Not sure whether or not this is even possible, but just the thought of it is terryfing.

Was playing Pandemic 2 that's why i think of that. It's a different perspective to play this game once you actually lived a lockdown Neutral i imagine the medias reaction, panic in population, or Trump saying my highly infectious parasite is a hoax then he is responsible for 300 million victims

there's a somewhat bad film about that scenario called Perfect Sense

good director, good actors, but annoying script
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 26, 2020 1:50 pm

UK authorises anti-viral drug remdesivir

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52805828

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Worst Arsenal ever + Covid , leave in peace my main man RG Mad

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue May 26, 2020 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Myesyats wrote:I'm hearing its nearly impossible to book anything for the summer down south in the mountains and by the sea. All the Polish tourists who usually went to Italy/Greece/Spain for the summer are staying home this time. Tourism is a very insignificant part of our economy so this is actually good for us.

Yes it's vital also for Italy, not by chance Italian Prime Minister is insisting about the point to go on holiday in Italy for lift our economy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 26, 2020 2:44 pm

The evidence is starting to come in on the Sweden experiment and it's not good

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/25/861923548/stockholm-wont-reach-herd-immunity-in-may-sweden-s-chief-epidemiologist-says

Only 7% of the population has immunity, whereas they need 70-90% to achieve herd immunity. It seems unlikely they will achieve it any time soon. Meanwhile their death rate per million is nearly 10x that of their neighbors.

On the economic side, the FT reports that Sweden still expects record unemployment and a recession nearing 7-10% of GDP, so hardly business as usual

https://www.ft.com/content/93105160-dcb4-4721-9e58-a7b262cd4b6e

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue May 26, 2020 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 26, 2020 3:01 pm

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/california-doctors-say-theyve-seen-more-deaths-from-suicide-than-coronavirus-since-lockdowns

Seems like in some places suicides are spiking considerably, sometimes even surpassing coronavirus deaths. If true, I wonder how history will judge the lockdown?

I don't think the Washington Examiner has the best reputation, so I'll wait for more credible sources before I buy too much into it, but it does make intuitive sense.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue May 26, 2020 3:34 pm

RG ffs get well soon!

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/california-doctors-say-theyve-seen-more-deaths-from-suicide-than-coronavirus-since-lockdowns

Seems like in some places suicides are spiking considerably, sometimes even surpassing coronavirus deaths. If true, I wonder how history will judge the lockdown?

I don't think the Washington Examiner has the best reputation, so I'll wait for more credible sources before I buy too much into it, but it does make intuitive sense.

They link to this article which is about one county and numbers from late March when 6 people had died of covid-19 in said county. On 03/29 the number of confirmed deaths in all of California was 135 (compared to 3795 now). So while the statement may be factually correct it's certainly misleading to use numbers from the early stages of the outbreak (and of course it's also just one county). I also want to add that I wouldn't even know what the average suicide rate in that county is and of course the article doesn't tell us.

Just to be clear though I do actually expect a rise of suicides and it will probably be especially bad in the US (just saw almost 40m people lost their job in the country - that's mental).
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 pm

In addition to what zigra said (and indeed, one would have to look at # of suicides above expected # of suicides in that county in Tennesee), there are some factors that would have to be controlled for that would make it difficult to ascertain how much of the suicides are directly due to a shutdown?

For example, as Zigra said, there has been mass unemployment. This could definitely drive someone to commit suicide. However, is that unemployment due to any sort of shutdown? Or would that job have disappeared because of the pandemic regardless of what the government did? Because we've had enough analyses to show that the driving factor behind economic decline is the (global) pandemic, more than any sort of shutdown.

You also have to consider the null. What if the United States had done nothing? Would these suicides have happened?

If governments sat back and watched the pandemic drive massive unemployment and economic decline PLUS massive amounts of death (and, assuredly, ubiquitous distrust of the government who let it happen), would that have resulted in less suicides?

We have to ask these questions in order to be fair in questioning the shutdowns
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Thanks Zigra, as I said the source is not all that great so I was a bit skeptical of it.

The only counter-case we have is Sweden, where unemployment is expected to go to 10% rather than the 20% in the US. So as far as counterfactuals go we can say it would still be really bad even if it's not quite record levels like today.

Unemployment is definitely a large piece of it, but I think just the general lack of contact with other human beings is probably just as important, especially for those quarantining on their own.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Where are you getting 20% from, out of curiosity? Last reported number I saw was 14.7%, and I'm expecting that number will actually start to go down (but not quickly) since all 50 states are currently in the process of reopening.

I should clarify that I'm not suggesting that there haven't been suicides that could be attributed to the shutdowns. There absolutely are. That's a travesty.

However, there needs to be a more complex argument than what the article is stating. There are a lot of factors that need to be accounted for. A rudimentary "more suicides than coronavirus deaths" calculation is biased at best.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm

20% per senior White House economic advisor Kevin Hassett... he's expecting the unemployment numbers that are due in short order to show over 20% unemployment

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/politics/kevin-hassett-unemployment-coronavirus-may-predictions/index.html

And these are people who were able to file a claim... the gig workers who are getting "unemployment" aren't counted in the statistic for some reason since they're not getting state unemployment. The number is actually close to 30-35% if you count those.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next