The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Page 27 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by sportsczy on Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm

20% per senior White House economic advisor Kevin Hassett... he's expecting the unemployment numbers that are due in short order to show over 20% unemployment

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/politics/kevin-hassett-unemployment-coronavirus-may-predictions/index.html

And these are people who were able to file a claim... the gig workers who are getting "unemployment" aren't counted in the statistic for some reason since they're not getting state unemployment. The number is actually close to 30-35% if you count those.

sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by CBarca on Tue May 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Thanks Sports. Incredible numbers

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed May 27, 2020 10:34 am

There's such a massive difference between 10% and 20% unemployment and what it will mean for the societies in the days to come, not sure if it's a good argument against Sweden's approach, really

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka on Wed May 27, 2020 11:46 am

Update from Poland:

From June 6, all gyms, theatres, cinemas, pools will be open. (nightclubs excluded)

the limit on # of people in places like bars, restaurants, shops will be lifted starting this weekend. So can operate in full capacity if SD is observed (lol)

Assembly of up to 150 people allowed.

Mandatory mask wearing in public law to go away starting this weekend...but you must wear masks when in an enclosed environment if can't keep SD.

Health Minister mentioned that very very very few % of transmission are horizontal and in public space, so hence the measure.

According to the premier, 80% (!!!!) of country's hospital beds are free ...and 90% of respirators are available and not in use.

Since the opening of parks, bars, restaurants, shops 2-3 weeks ago...the daily infection rate has basically been stagnant. no rise or fall...biggest outbreak was in a mine near Katowice.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Wed May 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Well done Poland, successfully flattened the curve.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Wed May 27, 2020 12:27 pm

Yep, the number of hospitalised people seems to be pretty low. I'm content with how we've handled the virus.

The lockdown was quick and effective and now there's been relatively smooth sailing so far.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Thu May 28, 2020 2:41 pm

Day 8 since diagnosed

Still can't taste or smell. Everything else okay.

whoever said it's just like cold/flu obviously never experienced it themselves.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Thu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Day 8 since diagnosed

Still can't taste or smell. Everything else okay.

whoever said it's just like cold/flu obviously never experienced it themselves.

Good to hear you're doing well all things considered.

I can't taste or smell when I have the flu. But I guess all these diseases are different for everyone. Is there something else that's different?

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Thu May 28, 2020 3:48 pm

I don't think i've ever had cold/flu where i have lost the sense of taste. Smell? sure for 1-2 days at best. But this is nothing like i've ever experienced before. I have no other symptoms atm. Just fatigue maybe. No cough, temperature, headache, blocked nose etc. It's purely the loss of sense of taste n smell.

It's weirdly terrifying.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Thu May 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Usually I have a fever for almost a week. Loss of taste and smell. Fatigue and blocked throat and nose. It’s a horrible experience and lasts for about two weeks. I generally have incredibly bad flus. I think it varies a lot.

A worse version of that is nothing to scoff at.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Thu May 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Honestly even Italy ... if I think how situation was just 1 month and half ago... I'd have signed to be in this state  now probably
Still being extremely vigilant of course ... nothing 's finished ..  Seoul  under a 2nd lockdown  learns us
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu May 28, 2020 4:45 pm

@Freeza wrote:Usually I have a fever for almost a week. Loss of taste and smell. Fatigue and blocked throat and nose. It’s a horrible experience and lasts for about two weeks. I generally have incredibly bad flus. I think it varies a lot.

A worse version of that is nothing to scoff at.

Same, I rarely get the flu but when I do I lose smell and taste for a week at least. Doesnt sound that unusual

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Thu May 28, 2020 4:56 pm

To me, it seems the key is going to be restricting mass gatherings in places with poor ventilation. A lot of transmission is occurring in those situations.

In South Korea, their recent spikes have come from a night club and two warehouses with thousands of workers. Before then, they traced their initial spikes to two church gatherings and a yoga class. All of them were cramped spaces with poor ventilation with lots of people gathered.

In Singapore, the recent spikes came from dormitories of migrant workers.

In the UK, they've traced many cases to Cheltenham Festival and Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid. In Italy, it was Atalanta vs Valencia. Around the world we've seen cruise and military ships become infected.

So even as places re-open and we get more freedom, there should still be heavy restrictions on certain places imo.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Thu May 28, 2020 5:06 pm

How effective is this remdesivir!!!

Also, have you guys heard about plasma-therapy!!! In Bangladesh it seems to be working and being touted as the only affordable (since the plasma will be donated) cure.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri May 29, 2020 5:11 pm

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.25.20113050v1

Study shows that over 2 million people in New York were infected by the end of March....

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Sat May 30, 2020 7:30 pm

The reproduction rate R0 is above 1 in Italy and Germany as of now: it means in average one infected infects more than one person.
@sportsczy wrote:https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.25.20113050v1

Study shows that over 2 million people in New York were infected by the end of March....

Interesting study, is there any source for the number of Wuhan virus fatalities in New York only? We could estimate the IFR then.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka on Sat May 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Anyone else feels like this COVID thing is fading at least mentally?

I swear you wouldn't know it walking on the streets here .... and now with US news circle shifting towards protests which makes a mockery of this whole Social Distancing thing.

Really incredible to think of it. the # of activity on this thread perhaps reflects it as well.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Sat May 30, 2020 8:15 pm

@Zagadka wrote:Anyone else feels like this COVID thing is fading at least mentally?

I swear you wouldn't know it walking on the streets here .... and now with US news circle shifting towards protests which makes a mockery of this whole Social Distancing thing.

Really incredible to think of it. the # of activity on this thread perhaps reflects it as well.

Nope, the activity reflects the lack of new info about the Wuhan virus. The sickness itself is the big elephant in the room no one wants to mention. Most of the people in Germany and from what I know in Europe still keep physical distancing and masks at hand when going outside. For me, it's the clear sign the issue isn't over.
I don't know the situation in the US, Canada or Asia but for the EU the problem persists.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Yea i feel you Sepp
With sports also slowly starting to make a return now, and countries slowly reopening certain sectors it looks like humanity is finally growing some balls

An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sat May 30, 2020 8:47 pm

There is nothing really to say. Every country that had it implemented effective measures + weather has come in to make it so that countries are coming down from their peak.

Now we're just waiting and seeing how this phased reopening process looks like.

It's almost like public health did it's job and we're at where we were trying to get to since the beginning. Of course, this isn't over, but this is a moment of lull for the first time since the beginning.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun May 31, 2020 1:44 pm

My hometown yesterday in the midst of a pandemic Laughing don't even know what to say

not a single care in the world

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 27 Trzaskowski-05
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 27 5ed285de18777_p
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 27 5ed285bc41ef7_p

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun May 31, 2020 1:48 pm

So is there any definitive data on how long Corona lasts on surfaces? It's June and I feel like I should know by now how paranoid I should be about touching stuff outside. It's kinda surprising to me how much we still don't know about the virus.

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun May 31, 2020 1:50 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So is there any definitive data on how long Corona lasts on surfaces? It's June and I feel like I should know by now how paranoid I should be about touching stuff outside. It's kinda surprising to me how much we still don't know about the virus.

72 hours
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:33 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/gilead-stock-falls-after-disappointing-early-trial-results-highly-anticipated-n1190881

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Since yesterday i have latent headache. But 3-4 hours ago it became unbearable. Not sure if there is a vein from where hair starts then goes down between eyebrows then into the right eye, but that's precisely where it hurts. As if it's pulsating.

Also complete loss of appetite. The apple i try to eat this morning i could not swallow one bite.

For unknown reason i felt the urge to take a cold bath, it felt damn good. Now back in my bed the headache is coming back and my legs a little weak. I'll try to sleep.

Symptoms of Covid ??? I am NEVER sick usually

I have allergies every year at this period, either it's a strong allergy or Covid ?? I ask here since some of you experienced the virus, i don't have a doctor, and searching google with diagnose me with balls cancer or some shit Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:09 pm

People is beginning to not care about Covid imho

today it looked like an old day.

It was the typical Summer day of a public holiday  (2nd of June is the Republic day in Italy ) ,Social distanting not respected outdoors, so few masks - especially if you are young  you 're reluctant to take it if the context is to go out with friends

It's just the beginning of June , let alone during the full summer

Numbers are good now yes ...

55 deaths today . It was 500 in a day in April.
Ppl on intensive care are 408, and it was 4000 at the end of March.
Ppl admitted to hospital are less than 5000 , before it was 25'000

We cannot afford to let our guard down, but this is .
A lot people has perceived this as something is going to end.

Tomorrow a crucial day , regions will be reopened ( it means you can move from a region to another region again )  after much time
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum