RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Thimmy Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 19:24

Warrior wrote:
Unique wrote:i just found out that sweden is not locking anything down and are open as normal.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-why-hasnt-sweden-gone-into-lockdown-over-covid-19-pandemic-11966132

Blondes with blue eyes cannot catch the virus that's why

Based on comments I’ve read from their politicians and health authorities, they declared that a lockdown is simply too taxing on the economy, and so they’ve chosen not to do so immediately, and instead observe the progress of the Norwegian lockdown, as well as their far more lenient restrictions on social gatherings and interactions.

The public isolation is real here. Feels like I’m in a zombie movie whenever I go outside, these days. I’ve haven’t seen more than 3 other people in the local grocery store at the same time. The center of the city looks like a ghost town.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 19:29

I hate this virus ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 19:33

Art Morte wrote:I still wouldn't look at case numbers for most countries, since testing is still far behind actual numbers. But Italy's daily death toll looks to have stabilized somewhere between 750 and 950, so that offers some hope that the spread is slowing down.

Case numbers on their own don't reveal much but case #'s as they relate to total # of tests does mean something.

And Italy when they were previously getting ~4000 cases was testing much less than they are now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 19:36

Day 18...

more serious and blackpilled than usual (trigger warning, mild China jokes incoming).

Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 20:01

Thimmy wrote:
Warrior wrote:
Unique wrote:i just found out that sweden is not locking anything down and are open as normal.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-why-hasnt-sweden-gone-into-lockdown-over-covid-19-pandemic-11966132

Blondes with blue eyes cannot catch the virus that's why

Based on comments I’ve read from their politicians and health authorities, they declared that a lockdown is simply too taxing on the economy, and so they’ve chosen not to do so immediately, and instead observe the progress of the Norwegian lockdown, as well as their far more lenient restrictions on social gatherings and interactions.

The public isolation is real here. Feels like I’m in a zombie movie whenever I go outside, these days. I’ve haven’t seen more than 3 other people in the local grocery store at the same time. The center of the city looks like a ghost town.

I think it would in Scandinavia, the rest of world is fucking stupid.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 20:05

Nishankly wrote:Hope France keeps it below 4000 as well today

Lol f*ck me, 7600 cases today
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 20:25

Its a ghost town here since 25 cases confirmed and now we have more than 2k. Ask Zagadka, Wroclaw and all major cities have been a ghost town since the very start

Its a shame we arent Aryan, very close but Slavic people are a tier below Sad
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 21:50

Young Kaz wrote:Im no fan of the CCP, and I am no chinese nationalist. in fact I am the most pro american on here by far. The fact remains that attacks on the CCP have been the guise sinophobes have used to attack Chinese culture and people.

To pretend otherwise is to simply be disingenuous.

Where is the evidence that the attacks on the CCP are motivated on race though?

I think there is legitimate anger at the Chinese government for hiding this at first and, yes, to Chinese culture in general for having these unhygienic practices which have already caused a virus outbreak before. That doesn't mean there is racist intent behind the complains.

A culture is not exempt from criticism if it has such obvious drawbacks. People criticize Japan/Scandinavia for eating whales, Africa for eating monkeys (which gave us HIV), England for eating cows that have been fed other cows (which gave us Mad Cow Disease), etc. That doesn't mean the people making these criticism are racist against Japanese, Scandinavians, Africans or the English. This is no different.

It's true that some people who are racist are using this as an opportunity to attack Chinese people, but you shouldn't assume that anyone making these arguments has racist intent behind them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 22:08

2015 video by RAI about how Chinese scientists at the Wuhan Virology Institute are mixing bat-based coronavirus with another mouse-based virus
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 22:36

The key here is to separate the CCP from the Chinese people... just as it's important to separate the Trump administration from more than half the American people. etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 22:48

Things have become really bad in New York...really fucking bad.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 22:58

In terms of panic or the mass spread n deaths?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 22:59

M99 wrote:Things have become really bad in New York...really fucking bad.

I live in NYC.  It's fine.  Everything is calm.  There's a lot of people getting sick...  but they're handling it.  Makeshift hospitals in the park, in stadiums, etc.  The good news is that there are a ton of doctors and medically trained people who are in practice areas that don't involve hospital work.  They're still MDs.  So they are getting involved in the effort.

We have 2 weeks to go according to all the scientists here and then the peak is over.

No panic, nobody getting nervous... in fact, some places are too casual and throwing "corona parties" at people's houses. That has to stop. But this is a tough town.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 23:37

Nishankly wrote:

Their government truly fucked them up. Didn't do anything until it was too late and then when they realized that they were underestimating this virus, they announced a brutal lockdown that made the entire country panic.

They haven't been managing it very well and they aren't the only ones unfortunately.

Problem in all of this is that it's always the people who pays (this time with their lives).

Also, beating this virus doesn't suffice. The Chinese wet market must be regulated, otherwise we will be facing a new virus every 10-15 years, and their dictatorial regime must be dragged to justice and sanctioned for the horrible cover-up they made. I'll never forgive them for all the lives that we've lost.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 23:40

sportsczy wrote:

I live in NYC.  It's fine.  Everything is calm.  There's a lot of people getting sick...  but they're handling it.  Makeshift hospitals in the park, in stadiums, etc.  The good news is that there are a ton of doctors and medically trained people who are in practice areas that don't involve hospital work.  They're still MDs.  So they are getting involved in the effort.

We have 2 weeks to go according to all the scientists here and then the peak is over.

No panic, nobody getting nervous... in fact, some places are too casual and throwing "corona parties" at people's houses. That has to stop. But this is a tough town.

I do too. Describing the situation as fine and calm is downplaying it.

RealGunner wrote:In terms of panic or the mass spread n deaths?

I meant the latter. Cases and deaths are rising. Hospitals, graveyards and morgues are getting overwhelmed. Lack of equipment like ventilators and respirators are making things tough. The situation is worst in Queens. Family members of my friends have passed away. One of my friend's father who is 60+ currently has it and no hospital is taking him because they are all filled.

There's not much panic, literally everyone I know is following the quarantine. Lots of people volunteering and several makeshift hospitals all over the city. Thats nice to see.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 23:42

sportsczy wrote:

think @M99 lives in NYC too
maybe the situation isn't as cozy everywhere as it is in former hipster central, now thoroughly gentrified Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 23:51

Art Morte wrote:I still wouldn't look at case numbers for most countries, since testing is still far behind actual numbers. But Italy's daily death toll looks to have stabilized somewhere between 750 and 950, so that offers some hope that the spread is slowing down.

A very good friend has died in Milan in his 60s. He left a wife and two daughters (he had cardiac problems but nothing serious, has struggled for 4 weeks). One thing is when one sees the deaths as numbers the other when you know them. I'm very sad.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 0:23

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-anger-is-growing-at-china-over-covid-19-and-its-apparent-cover-up-attempt-11966539
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 1:25

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

Their government truly fucked them up. Didn't do anything until it was too late and then when they realized that they were underestimating this virus, they announced a brutal lockdown that made the entire country panic.

They haven't been managing it very well and they aren't the only ones unfortunately.

Problem in all of this is that it's always the people who pays (this time with their lives).

Also, beating this virus doesn't suffice. The Chinese wet market must be regulated, otherwise we will be facing a new virus every 10-15 years, and their dictatorial regime must be dragged to justice and sanctioned for the horrible cover-up they made. I'll never forgive them for all the lives that we've lost.

I don't understand, there is literally no panic in my town (4th biggest city in France) and nearly 0 cars on the streets when I go out once in 2 weeks.

They have made mistakes sure, nothing new compared to mistakes that any other country that had a head-start of 2 weeks have made for example Turkey, USA, UK, India, Pakistan, Morocco who still have managed human to human transmission now. Their breakout coincided 2 days after Italy when people returned from rural Italian provinces to French rural provinces.

For me, the lockdown is very calm, everything is in stock, almost like nothing has changed when I go out, I have no idea how you say its brutal unless you talk only about Paris which got fucked as expected.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 1:38

We're not even at the peak yet unfortunately, it's going to be a really shitty month

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections (sort to NY)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 2:11

My condolences Babun Neutral
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 9:01

The Chinese are cunting differently again:
Laut der Kommission gab es im Vergleich zum Vortag 130 neue Nachweise dieser Art. Insgesamt stünden derzeit 1367 "asymptomatische" Fälle unter Beobachtung. Die Zahl der bestätigten Infektionen mit Symptomen stieg den offiziellen Daten zufolge um 36, wovon 35 bei Menschen nachgewiesen wurden, die aus dem Ausland nach China eingereist waren. Erneut wurden auch sieben Todesfälle gemeldet.
Source:
https://www.focus.de/gesundheit/news/coronavirus-news-trump-will-einreisestopp-verlaengern-fresenius-chef-fordert-mehr-tests_id_11576018.html

Basically, they count people who show symptoms and are positivly tested. That would make 36 new infections in their statistics. In reality, they found 1367 asymptomatic new cases who they observe as of now.

In the same source: Losing the sense of smell and/or taste is the most reliable symptom of the Wuhan virus infection diagnosis.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 11:41

@Nish: France took it lightly at first and even laughed it off. Their president said that the country wouldn't go into lockdown for this virus and their "TV doctors" (such as Cymes and many others) called it "une petite gripette" ( a mild flu).

They even advised against wearing masks and didn't even bother to see if they had enough hydroalcoholic gel and masks to meet all demands.

Then all of a sudden, after lying to their people and duping them into believing that this virus is nothing, their president comes on National TV and tells them that they are at war and that they have to stay home if they want to stay alive.

Maybe in your City things are a little different, but in the Île-de-France, things are absolutely dreadful. People are scared and angry with their government's incompetence.

Then, and this is my favorite part, a doctor from Marseille tells them that he and his colleagues have noticed a considerable improvement in their Covid-19-infected patients when they gave them Chloroquine associated with Azithromycin, and what do they do? They unleash their TV doctors at him to try and discredit him.

He tells them that this treatment is only efficient when it's given at early stages of the disease because if you wait longer, it'll be too late and the treatment will be useless. And what do they do? They allow the treatment to be given only in severe cases (rendering it useless).

No wonder many lawsuits have been filed recently against the government for their total incompetence and refusal to listen to those who might have a solution.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 12:30

Check this out lads it's about the pond cleaner that trump made that guy drink.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 14:40

any recent words from @Vibe???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 17:10

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/alexwickham/uk-coronavirus-testing-explainer

Even buzzfeed is shitting on the UK testing Laughing

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/03/why-weren-t-we-ready

Another interesting article on the UK situation and why the government reacted the way it did. Apparently it the decision to mitigate and not suppress predates them

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-31/hospitals-tell-doctors-they-ll-be-fired-if-they-talk-to-press

Doctors in the US told to keep quiet about lack of gear. If this were happening in China we would be calling it 'suppression' and 'lies'
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next