Turok_TTZ
Perucho21
Thimmy
sportsczy
halamadrid2
17 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread

Post by Clutch Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:13 am

futbol_bill wrote:Forget the argument re Vini - Saka. This kid Yamal was far more dangerous than Vini, at least tonight!

Yeah, I agree completely with Hala. The competition on this squad especially considering who is likely coming in, is going to fun to watch. Competition for almost every position. Tito will be impressed, he has been asking for this for years
Lol vini is severely underrated

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:37 pm

Look I’m not putting Vini down at all. He along with Bellingham are our best players by far. But Vini has yet to prove he is a reliable scorer, a trait that all of the great players have.

All I was saying is this Spanish kid Yamal was very impressive and dangerous at least in this game. I haven’t seen him play in a long time, and he has really matured and improved since then. He is still very young and therefore will get better. Being also a fan of our seleccion, I am interested.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:09 pm

I am not comparing them. I am merely making a point. Yamal's performance is being hyped everywhere on the internet but he wasn't any better than Vini who we all can agree had a so and so game. Vini wasn't close to being our best player on the night but Yamal gets the MVP and he wasn't even better than Vini nevermind the host of other players who were better than both on the night. I get the media is trying to prop their little darling after hyping Pedri similarly in the past but Yamal's performancr is getting blown out of proportion.

I agree with your other point that Vini is yet to become an elite scorer, although he has 19 goals so far this season. His highest tally is 23 I believe, so he'll likely suprass his personal tally in less games played. Slowly slowly he is getting better but it'd look mpre impressive next to a proper goalscorer and not as THE goalscorer.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:24 pm

I didn’t see any media hyping Yamal, I was just stating what I saw!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:42 pm

I’ve been hearing 2 different possible lineups for today. Apparently Carvajal is suspended for this game, meaning Lucas at RB and Militao is ready yet meaning Nacho will start.

So for past two days, I was hearing Kroos and Camavinga with Valverde in front of them. Then today, I hear, being an away game, Carlo wants to prioritize defense and therefore Tchouameni will start with Kroos and Valverde in front of him, meaning Camavinga starts on bench.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:31 pm

A good time to remember this supreme article from what at one point was probably the best football analysis writing website in the world.

The Resurrection of Real Madrid.

http://www.ecosdelbalon.com/2014/04/analisis-tactico-noche-historica-bayern-munich-0-real-madrid-4-doblete-ramos-cristiano-ronaldo/

"Carletto inherited an association of superheroes who never saved the girl; It was obvious that they were extraordinary, far above average, but they had lost too much and that weighed them down. They had forgotten or stopped believing how good they were, and the same thing happened to their rivals. To naturalize this tragic framework, Ancelotti removed the girl from the story. He subtracted the epic from the match previews, the enemies and the concept of "mission" disappeared. Neither Rummenigge nor Guardiola altered the Carlettian dynamic. The formerly white Miuras jumped into the Allianz Arena without the slightest nervousness but with a voracious hunger, and since they are better and form a team perhaps not more dominant but less imperfect than Bayern, they ate it up. Madrid, the club with the most dates for the Legend in the European Cup, wrote last night one of the most beautiful pages in its entire history. Winning 0-4 in Munich against the current champion led by Guardiola is the Resurrection."

The Real Madrid we know today would not have been possible without that resurrection.

Onward and upward.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:51 pm

Modric is supposedly starting over Kroos
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:59 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Modric is supposedly starting over Kroos

Nope!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:00 pm

Great first half

But I don't like that we are dropping so deep. One of these attempts at throughballs will go through if we continue like this.

Need Bellingham to step up, he is supposed to be our extra midfielder but he isn't having a good game just like against City

Imagine if we could clone Valverde for the left. We'd never concede from that side agaib. Instead it's a punching bag for big teams knowing they can exploit Kroos' lack of speed and lazy defending to get in behind him

That goal though :bow:

Inch perfect pass and great finish
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:16 pm

Why is carvajal not stating?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:42 pm

Need to have a conversation about vini being the balon dor candidate over Bellingham

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:57 pm

Clutch wrote:Why is carvajal not stating?
Suspended. We got out of there alive today despite Lucas going braindead. But Carvajal has had this type of performance before, remember QSG where Mbappe ran him inside out.

This was essentially Bayern v Vini. Without him we couldn't create any danger.

Really really dissapointed in Bellingham. Terrible today and below average against City too. He owes us a MOTM performance in the second leg

Every corner is basically big chance against us these days. Probably the one thing we never had to worry about with Tibu.

We need to start subbing Kroos off earlier. He doesn't last to the 60th min. Max 50 min and then Modric.

Also Camavinga > Tchouaméni

I think the line up picks itself in the second leg. Tchouaméni at CB and Cama at CDM.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:20 pm

Maybe lingering gastroenteritis did Bellingham in. Needs to have another game like the Barcelona game, a masterpiece, and I'd really like to see us give that sensation of greatness I felt when we thrashed Girona at home.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:32 pm

At the end of day, going home tied, is good news, particularly with the never say dead attitude throughout the entire club.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu May 02, 2024 2:59 am

Do not assume we would do well against Bayern. Tuchel is a man who can make things most difficult. And of the four who remain, tuchel as a tactician is capable to match wits even with Don Carlo. The 2nd leg I feel will be decided by the smaller margins.

One could say some of our players struggle but do not forget this: just as we plan against our opponents, so do in turn the reverse. The first leg was well within expectations. Underestimating Tuchel and Bayern would be the height of foolishness.

Let us hope nobody gets injured before 2nd leg.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat May 04, 2024 2:05 am

Lunin
Carvajal Tchouameni Rudiger Mendy
Valverde Kroos Camavinga
Rodrygo Bellingham Vinicius

Might we pose this against Bayern on Wednesday?

Add an extra man in the midfield permanently to help against Bayern's attacking quartet, leave the left flank sector a bit more to Camavinga to defend and reliably have more men in the box if Bayern install men up there quickly, have Bellingham make up for his disappointing CL knockout games with an intense 4th midfielder/false nine performance that connects the team and asphyxiates Bayern and have Vinicius do a number on Kimmich whilst also tracking back with impetus and interchanging well with the other front 2. Valverde with a bit more legs than Tchouameni on the right-mid sector to help more with transitions and interceptions. Leave the right sided attack to Rodrygo more, who will have to be activated like hell with his concentration.

The forwards will all have to be more intense tracking back and with the concentration in their marking and vigilance as they all disappointed last game imo.

The Girona game at home this season, which is probably my favorite, might signal the way. We played complete football in that one.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat May 04, 2024 5:27 pm

We played 433 most of the match, that may be a sign. If we win the double this will undoubtedly be my favorite Real Madrid side of all time. Has the "felizidane" touch of happiness and togetherness in the squad, a heart warming and endearing charisma, an exuberant youth and versatility combined with the greatness of veteran players who would play alongside Di Stefano in an all time Madrid 11, and it has its best years ahead of it.

A por la 15.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 04, 2024 8:00 pm

The league is in the bag, now onto the CL
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Yesterday at 10:28 pm

I thought that the tifo that the club prepared for the 1st leg against Manchester City was the most beautiful I've ever seen from the club. Apparently they are preparing another big one which will feature the original club crest.

Both of these Tifos will have featured the color purple, which spiritually is still seen by the club as our second color apparently but in practice it's been barred from the crest since the late 90's.

I don't see it making a comeback as from an image and marketing standpoint the blue is probably "better" but I think it's a damn shame that we don't use the purple more. If it was up to me it'd be in the crest instead of the blue.

edit: Actually to be fair, for the first 39 years or so our club crest was Blue  Laughing, so it has its own precedent,  but still, not really. Use the purple for crying out loud.

The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread - Page 11 GM_J9ajW0AAaJCz?format=jpg&name=large
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11