Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Man, this thing is spreading at an exponential rate:

1. Iran's deaths at least 210, hospital sources say.
2. France has more than 100 confirmed cases: 12 have recovered and 86 are in hospital, nine of them in a serious condition.
3. First US death reported in Washington state
4. Coronavirus cases exceed 1,000 in Italy, death toll at 29: official

You can already see the difference in deaths between Western countries who have decent healthcare systems and other less fortunate countries who are in over their heads with this thing.

I realize it's a global pandemic now and that it's bad for everybody, but the poor countries with bad healthcare systems are fucked. And it's sad and even infuriating because those poor people didn't do anything wrong, but they will suffer the consequences nonetheless just because an ignorant person decided to eat a freaking bat.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by rincon Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm

On that point of poor countries being at risk, latin america can get wrecked by this if it reaches it. Hospital capacity and resources are nowhere near what is needed for an epidemic like this. The impact will be much larger than in western europe there.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:33 pm

CBarca wrote:Promising to be nuclear free in the context of a world being ravaged by climate change is like promising to swear off vegetables when you're trying to eat healthier and lose 150 pounds.

You can do it through many other avenues, but getting rid of that option is just self harm. Sad IMO

i dont know what much about other countries initiative to nuclear dependency but Japan is backing out of it, so is Germany, its a much needed sacrifice. though this will make us more fuel dependent meaning to hit CO2 emission reduction targets set will be hugely challenging.

its a trade off, nuclear energy is clean but huge environmental risks involved if mismanaged. i think Japan and energy providers learned a lesson from it that its not just us but rest of the globe suffering if there are no serious contingency plans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:36 pm

although there are no guarantees and only hearing more and more people and countries being affected, i hope that either we will have vaccine developed and tested / approved soon or it just dies out over summer and in humid conditions...

what shocked me is that SARS came and spread so rapidly but it just went away just like that, in fact i heard that we dont even have vaccines for SARS..

although COV-19 is a much serious one by far

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:40 pm

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:17 am

Robespierre wrote:

@rincon: it's already there. I think by this time next month, it will have reached all countries in the world.

There's really no way of stopping it at this point. That's what you get when the government of the country from which the virus first originated is incompetent and dishonest.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:19 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

@rincon: it's already there. I think by this time next month, it will have reached all countries in the world.

There's really no way of stopping it at this point. That's what you get when the government of the country from which the virus first originated is incompetent and dishonest.

We coming to excel in Europe baby!

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:27 am

American Airlines suspending flights to Milan after US travel warning
American Airlines Inc will suspend all U.S. flights to Milan, the airline said late on Saturday, just hours after the U.S. State Department said it was raising its travel warning for parts of Italy due to the coronavirus outbreak.

WASHINGTON: American Airlines Inc will suspend all U.S. flights to Milan, the airline said late on Saturday, just hours after the U.S. State Department said it was raising its travel warning for parts of Italy due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Italy is experiencing Europe's worst outbreak of the infectious disease, with more than 1,100 confirmed cases and 29 deaths. The country's outbreak emerged last week about 40 miles (60 km) from Milan, Italy's financial capital in the country's north.

American said it will suspend flights to and from Milan, from New York-John F. Kennedy International Airport and Miami through April 24, citing a reduction in demand.

On Saturday, the Trump administration raised its travel advisory alert to "Level 4 - Do Not Travel" to Lombardy and Veneto in Italy "due to the level of community transmission of the virus and imposition of local quarantine procedures."

Milan is the capital of the Lombardy region. Vice President Mike Pence said on Saturday that the U.S. State Department will work with Italy to coordinate medical screening of any individuals coming to the United States.
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 8 Volo-U314022507026621D-U3170738954295lgD-656x492@Corriere-Web-Nazionale

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:28 am

I feel it's the perfect crime.

Countries as Germany and France 've limited buffers and given a ' fictitious' number of cases to safeguard the economy.

in this way Italy was localized as the epidemic location towards which fighting back, "removing" good part of the problem to other nations.
Italians are became the infectors
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:34 am

Any American trying to fly to Italy at all right now would be acting irresponsibly. Good on AA for stopping the flights. hopefully Delta follows up.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:38 am

Evidently I am Superman to have not still got Coronavirus
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:29 am

Robespierre wrote:I feel it's the perfect crime.

Countries as Germany and France 've limited buffers and given a ' fictitious' number of cases to safeguard the economy.

Not really. I think the reason Italy seems to have more infected cases is because they are actually testing people now. If all the other neighboring countries did the same, I think we would be looking at similar numbers.

It's going to be really, really hard to contain the spread now. I would even go as far as to say, it's going to be impossible.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:33 am

Robespierre wrote:Evidently I am Superman to have not still got Coronavirus

It has a dormant period equivalent to a pay period. How would you know you had it or not?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:35 am

JespSwe wrote:i hope that either we will have vaccine developed and tested / approved soon or it just dies out over summer and in humid conditions...

That's the thing, if a vaccine is found right now, like right now, it would take at least a year and half to be made available.

So best case scenario, the vaccine would be available in summer 2021,and this assuming if the vaccine is found and approved right now. Just imagine if you can the kind of damage this virus will do to the world from now until then.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:44 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Robespierre wrote:I feel it's the perfect crime.

Not really. I think the reason Italy seems to have more infected cases is because they are actually testing people now. If all the other neighboring countries did the same, I think we would be looking at similar numbers.

It's going to be really, really hard to contain the spread now. I would even go as far as to say, it's going to be impossible.

Yes, both things are correlated.
Italy begun a house-to-house policy and if it , on the hand , can be responsable , on the other hand it fed psychosis and especially it's been functional to other countries to show us as " hearth" of influence. And this Italy, seen as a " 2nd China", isolates us from rest and it permitts to other countries to "localize" the problem and reduce at reducing internal problems as much as possible ( what do I mean ? Economy for example. Ppl are scared to go at restaurant, for example. Of course it can't be enough, for example Portugal still 0 cases but Portoguese journos report that ppl is really scared for it)

What I wonder (and hope ) ... Is being to be slowed down by warmer weather ? Spring but especially summer ?

I mean , as it happens for an influence and you often read it's a stronger influence essentially.

We'll know it in 3-4 months, it'd be worrying to have still this problem
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:53 am

Robespierre wrote:What I wonder (and hope ) ... Is being to be slowed down by warmer weather ? Spring but especially summer ?

The answer is we still don't know. All experts are saying that they have no idea whether the virus will slow down in the summer. They did say however that even if it did, it wouldn't mean that it'll be gone for good.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:54 am

Young Kaz wrote:

It has a dormant period equivalent to a pay period. How would you know you had it or not?

Not still I show  signs of instability. I mean a real  sick person  have it , it writes delirious things, ot it has a poor nutrition  unknowingly  or even it watches horrible serie tv as Betty La Fea while other friends go out. I mean , not still my case
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:24 am

Robespierre wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Not still I show  signs of instability. I mean a real  sick person  have it , it writes delirious things, ot it has a poor nutrition  unknowingly  or even it watches horrible serie tv as Betty La Fea while other friends go out. I mean , not still my case

You stay safe

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:10 pm

Young Kaz wrote:Any American trying to fly to Italy at all right now would be acting irresponsibly. Good on AA for stopping the flights. hopefully Delta follows up.

I've got a student who is from near Milan. Hopefully things resume to some sort of normalcy by the beginning of June. Would hate to see that she can't return home
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:44 pm

You are a teacher at 23 ??
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:13 pm

Yep

I don't know what Canada standards are but I just needed to get a bachelor's and then here in WI I actually just needed to complete a program to get certified. And student teach, of course
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:39 pm

rincon wrote:On that point of poor countries being at risk, latin america can get wrecked by this if it reaches it. Hospital capacity and resources are nowhere near what is needed for an epidemic like this. The impact will be much larger than in western europe there.
i feel like it being summer is to our advantage, at least for now

Has it really been confirmed that the the virus is immune to hot weather?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:40 pm

Also my local grocery store has run out of non-perishables Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Also my local grocery store has run out of non-perishables Laughing

You are in the US right? it's weird since the US hasn't even been affected much Laughing

Here in Belgium you wouldn't notice that there is a pending epidemic by going to the store. All seems stocked full.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:15 pm

CBarca wrote:Yep

I don't know what Canada standards are but I just needed to get a bachelor's and then here in WI I actually just needed to complete a program to get certified. And student teach, of course

I don't think i ever had a teacher as young as 23. It's very young, but since you have the competence and you meet the requirements, why not.

The younger teachers work in primary schools or they become martyrs by doing replacement in high schools Laughing it's mostly in their late 20s before they obtain a permanence and therefore a job security

If i know this it's because my mom is a teacher herself, and apparently we would not believe how much the education ministry and schools in general don't care about their employees and students, all that matters is the money
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:30 pm

I remember his book ( " la gabbianella e il gatto" , I don't know his original title ) was very popular  in my childhood, I've still this one

He's positive too, and he had felt symptoms after his trip in Portugal ( still zero official cases in Portugal)

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next